Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Should Johney be given any credit for playing in the SEC? Should bortles be scrutenized for playing in Con USA?
Theres no comparison between the two...
There are a lot of NFL players on SEC defenses.
-
Should Johney be given any credit for playing in the SEC? Should bortles be scrutenized for playing in Con USA?
Theres no comparison between the two...
There are a lot of NFL players on SEC defenses.
-
SEC is the best conference in the country but still wildly overrated.
-
Good piece about Manziel from QB guru George Whitfield Jr.
http://static.cloud-texags.edgesuite.net/audio/0037703-smva-0.mp3
-
It's obvious I'm a Manziel supporter, but I'm willing to admit this. He's easily the biggest boom or bust guy in recent memory. He's a lot better throwing the football than most of you care to admit (and scouts agree with me) but his frame is a concern. What I do know is this: Manziel would bring passion to this team. He's not going to look like the Retard qbs we've had who trot off the field and look lost and don't give a shit. He's going to take chances down the field and extend plays with his athletic ability. I'm willing to jump into the deep end and take a damn chance. It'll sure as shit be better than taking these mediocre back-up caliber guys and watching 4-12 seasons.
The FO isn't stupid. They know this draft is pivotal to them having jobs in the nfl, with the centerpiece being the QB they undoubtedly pick. If they choose Manziel, I'll be all for it. His game translates to NFL success.
-
It's obvious I'm a Manziel supporter, but I'm willing to admit this. He's easily the biggest boom or bust guy in recent memory. He's a lot better throwing the football than most of you care to admit (and scouts agree with me) but his frame is a concern. What I do know is this: Manziel would bring passion to this team. He's not going to look like the Retard qbs we've had who trot off the field and look lost and don't give a shit. He's going to take chances down the field and extend plays with his athletic ability. I'm willing to jump into the deep end and take a damn chance. It'll sure as shit be better than taking these mediocre back-up caliber guys and watching 4-12 seasons.
The FO isn't stupid. They know this draft is pivotal to them having jobs in the nfl, with the centerpiece being the QB they undoubtedly pick. If they choose Manziel, I'll be all for it. His game translates to NFL success.
It's obvious I'm a Manziel supporter, but I'm willing to admit this. He's easily the biggest boom or bust guy in recent memory. He's a lot better throwing the football than most of you care to admit (and scouts agree with me) but his frame is a concern. What I do know is this: Manziel would bring passion to this team. He's not going to look like the Retard qbs we've had who trot off the field and look lost and don't give a shit. He's going to take chances down the field and extend plays with his athletic ability. I'm willing to jump into the deep end and take a damn chance. It'll sure as shit be better than taking these mediocre back-up caliber guys and watching 4-12 seasons.
The FO isn't stupid. They know this draft is pivotal to them having jobs in the nfl, with the centerpiece being the QB they undoubtedly pick. If they choose Manziel, I'll be all for it. His game translates to NFL success.
I'm with you on Johnny. I also feel he has the highest ceiling of all the QBs, BUT also the lowest downside...definitely boom or bust. Because of that & the fact we have plenty of picks, I would like to see us draft him with pick 1A & take another QB with one of our 3rd round picks....call it insurance.
The kid is INSTANT excitement & his passion for the game is contagious. He demands the best from himself AND his teammates on BOTH sides of the ball. He may be small but he's a tough guy & his pros far outweigh the cons. IMHO, he's well worth the gamble.
Mike
-
Renner plays in a wide open 5 WR spread O we need a Pro Style QB
We need a Pro style coach,first

-
His touch,scrambling ability are great IMO.I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for his throwing ability.
And in this day of protecting the QBs and stopping the crazy hits...chances are better than ever for him to succeed.
-
I have to admit, Canton Mike is starting to convince me about Manziel being the great pick.
Johnny does have that fire, fierceness, love for the game, competitiveness and toughness, and
bigtime football smarts.
Although, I still wonder if Manziel is better off playing in a dome. Look at his college schedule.
Plays southern teams. How does he function in Nov and Dec in the swirling winds and snow
and rain in a northern open air stadium? Can he still be Manziel the escape artist? Can he
make the required throws vs the wind ?
In college, he almost always played in nice weather. That won't happen even if he is drafted
by a team with a dome. Throwing into tight windows in those conditions?
I don't know. But I can't really be all in with Johnny Manziel just yet, because it's too much fun to
make jokes and disagree with Canton Mike over the phone.

-
Like others have said, Manziel has the highest chance of boom or bust. He either comes in barnstorming or ends up being a small, running QB who gets his brains mashed in.
-
Well if it's true that the browns are going for manziel at least we'll have another high pick three years from now. Any good qb prospects coming out in 2017?
Winston may be getting out of prison around that time...Well if it's true that the browns are going for manziel at least we'll have another high pick three years from now. Any good qb prospects coming out in 2017?
-
I am torn between the two ... today I lean toward Johnny ... but why isn't Derek Carr in the conversation? Why is Bortles a better prospect than Carr?
(I'm not being a smartass ... I am just now jumping into this discussion, and I want to know what everyone thinks.)
Zombo
-
Should Johney be given any credit for playing in the SEC? Should bortles be scrutenized for playing in Con USA?
Theres no comparison between the two...
There are a lot of NFL players on SEC defenses.
Should Johney be given any credit for playing in the SEC? Should bortles be scrutenized for playing in Con USA?
Theres no comparison between the two...
There are a lot of NFL players on SEC defenses.
As someone pointed out: Roethlisberger, Flacco, Romo, Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Cutler, and a few others did not play at high profile football schools. Getting a guy from UCF may not be that bad. Daunte Culpepper played there, and he was pretty good.
-
@mike-h said:
Plus he will sell tickets for atleast another season. From a business standpoint, it's hard to imagine him not being the pick.
I'm watching Manziel tape for the next week, hopefully he holds up to Teddy B.
The Browns don't need Manziel to sell tickets. Those tickets are already sold. They need someone to win.
-
I am torn between the two ... today I lean toward Johnny ... but why isn't Derek Carr in the conversation? Why is Bortles a better prospect than Carr?
(I'm not being a smartass ... I am just now jumping into this discussion, and I want to know what everyone thinks.)
Zombo
Zombo said:
I am torn between the two ... today I lean toward Johnny ... but why isn't Derek Carr in the conversation? Why is Bortles a better prospect than Carr?
(I'm not being a smartass ... I am just now jumping into this discussion, and I want to know what everyone thinks.)
Zombo
A lot of people feel that Carr was exposed by USC as another Brandon Weeden, a big guy with a big arm lacking the mental acuity to find success in the NFL. I was never too high on Carr for that reason, but who knows, maybe he was just rusty or jittery. It wouldn't be the worst thing to take a chance on him if he falls to the second round...
-
i don't know but if clowney is there when we pick or if he's gone and watkins is there.........
i would take a chance on carr with our second 1st rounder.
anyone has to be smarter in the pocket than weeden.
-
I am torn between the two ... today I lean toward Johnny ... but why isn't Derek Carr in the conversation? Why is Bortles a better prospect than Carr?
(I'm not being a smartass ... I am just now jumping into this discussion, and I want to know what everyone thinks.)
Zombo
Zombo said:
I am torn between the two ... today I lean toward Johnny ... but why isn't Derek Carr in the conversation? Why is Bortles a better prospect than Carr?
(I'm not being a smartass ... I am just now jumping into this discussion, and I want to know what everyone thinks.)
Zombo
Carr is the product of a system and benefitted from playing a very weak schedule. The only real team he had to face was USC and the system was ever present in that game. Carr threw 54 passes, completing 30 of them, yet could only manage just over 200 yards. His YPA was very low, at 4.0. That's the Schramm system at play.
Meanwhile, UCF faced three top 10 ranked schools this year, beating two of them and losing to S.Carolina by only a field goal. Bortles had a higher completion percentage, more TD's, 100 more yards, and double the YPA against a top ranked Baylor in his bowl game.
Carr is Graham Harrell with an NFL body. He's got everything you'd want on paper, but his decision making and mental agility is lacking. You could have taken any number of guys in college and put them in Carr's place and they would have seen the same amount of success.
-
Rennet played in the ACC, Shaw in the SEC. That's all you need to say.
The ACC may have the National Champion, but the SEC is a much stronger conference. South Carolina played 5 top 25 teams this season and beat all of them. 6 of their opponents were bowl victors this year, and South Carolina beat all 6 of those teams.
North Carolina, on the other hand, played 2 top 25 teams this year and lost to both of them.
Shaw did his damage against quality defenses in big time games. Renner did not.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login