Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Romo is a pretty good regular season QB but he is wwaaaaaaayyyy overpaid
-
I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO
-
I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO
I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO
Romo has led the Cowboys to EXACTLY ZERO shit in the past 3 years
-
Here's another thing that's subtle yet extremely important. Manziel is a big name who is going to get what I call the superstar QB treatment. What I mean by that is the Bradys and RG3 get calls (see the bullcrap call when NE played us). That type of treatment can have a HUGE impact on a game whether it's right or not. The duds we keep drafting are reffed entirely different.
Here's another thing that's subtle yet extremely important. Manziel is a big name who is going to get what I call the superstar QB treatment. What I mean by that is the Bradys and RG3 get calls (see the bullcrap call when NE played us). That type of treatment can have a HUGE impact on a game whether it's right or not. The duds we keep drafting are reffed entirely different.
It could also happen in the reverse.
-
Is there any chance he would be a baby bitch like Elway or Eli and say he wont go here or there?
-
at this point we HAVE to get our QB at this draft, so Manziel looks what we'll probably get as long as Jacksonville doesn't take him.
-
I think Manziel has a higher upside than Bridgewater. I hope Jax doesn't grab him...Id rather have Bortels than Bridgewater...Id rather have Clowney than Bridgewater
-
I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.
Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.
Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...
1)Hoyer
2)Manziel
3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron
4)Tebow
Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.
-
Is there any chance he would be a baby bitch like Elway or Eli and say he wont go here or there?
-
I agree with some here that Romo would be an immediate upgrade and, perhaps, offer the Browns a legit chance to make the playoffs.
However, Romo has shown an uncanny ability to, um, "mis-play" the game in big moments. That skill, coupled with his back surgery, makes me run away from him as fast as I can.
-
Romo is a pretty good regular season QB but he is wwaaaaaaayyyy overpaid
Romo is a pretty good regular season QB but he is wwaaaaaaayyyy overpaid
^This plus the back surgery makes Romo a bad idea. He would easily upgrade our QB position, but isn't worth the money.
-
I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.
Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.
Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...
1)Hoyer
2)Manziel
3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron
4)Tebow
Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.
I do like the 2 QB idea. But the second QB should come in the third round. Be it McCarron, Brett Smith, Garappolo, Boyd, or hell maybe Guiton later. Get an extra mobile QB to groom for Manziels backup.I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.
Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.
Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...
1)Hoyer
2)Manziel
3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron
4)Tebow
Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.
1.Hoyer
2.Manziel
3. Smith
-
I want Johnny.....I think he will be one heck of a QB.
I think he will be on IR by Game 8.
This team has taken QB's with trade ups.........Quinn
They have taken QB's #1.......Couch
They have taken QB's who "LOVED" the Browns FRYE
CAN THEY FINALLY GET "THE" QB this time
Sure you want "THE GUY" who is 100% about the guy? Didya know Manziel wants to copywrite "Johnny Football"? Screw him and the ESPN media circus he's certainly going to bring along. Who's on the fast track to the Pro Bowl, the nice quiet Andrew Luck, or Mr. Subway RGIII?
-
I have to admit, Canton Mike is starting to convince me about Manziel being the great pick.
Johnny does have that fire, fierceness, love for the game, competitiveness and toughness, and
bigtime football smarts.
Although, I still wonder if Manziel is better off playing in a dome. Look at his college schedule.
Plays southern teams. How does he function in Nov and Dec in the swirling winds and snow
and rain in a northern open air stadium? Can he still be Manziel the escape artist? Can he
make the required throws vs the wind ?
In college, he almost always played in nice weather. That won't happen even if he is drafted
by a team with a dome. Throwing into tight windows in those conditions?
I don't know. But I can't really be all in with Johnny Manziel just yet, because it's too much fun to
make jokes and disagree with Canton Mike over the phone.

I have to admit, Canton Mike is starting to convince me about Manziel being the great pick.
Johnny does have that fire, fierceness, love for the game, competitiveness and toughness, and
bigtime football smarts.
Although, I still wonder if Manziel is better off playing in a dome. Look at his college schedule.
Plays southern teams. How does he function in Nov and Dec in the swirling winds and snow
and rain in a northern open air stadium? Can he still be Manziel the escape artist? Can he
make the required throws vs the wind ?
In college, he almost always played in nice weather. That won't happen even if he is drafted
by a team with a dome. Throwing into tight windows in those conditions?
I don't know. But I can't really be all in with Johnny Manziel just yet, because it's too much fun to
make jokes and disagree with Canton Mike over the phone.

The arguments ARE fun...especially because I always win!!!

Mike
-
Here is a pretty interesting article breaking down stats on the top 4 QB prospects this year.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum
-
Here is a pretty interesting article breaking down stats on the top 4 QB prospects this year.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum
Here is a pretty interesting article breaking down stats on the top 4 QB prospects this year.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum
Nice breakdown. so based on stats, anyone but Carr. Personally, I put Manziel as the highest injury risk- he's already gotten dinged a few times in college. So for me that means Bortles or Bridgewater.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login