Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Just a little change of pace......
Just a little change of pace......
i wonder if the same people that wax their asses wax their hairy stomachs?
-
I don't think you have a choice. The "face" is what people think of when they think of the browns. That's Manziel.
I'm not saying it's right or logical, but that's the truth. I understand marketing other players on billboards and stuff, probably best until a guy makes a pro bowl or wins a playoff game.
That is what YOU think of when thinking of the Browns. I for one do not, and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself.
Not saying he'll never be, but c'mon he's been on the team for less than a month now...
That is what YOU think of when thinking of the Browns. I for one do not, and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself.
Not saying he'll never be, but c'mon he's been on the team for less than a month now...
Face of the franchise? Really depends on who you are asking.
Among Browns fans I think you'd get lots of Thomas, Haden and even Gordon votes. Gordon would have had my vote if not for the pending suspension... guy had a monster season last year and is definitely our best proven impact player. Manziel will get some love here too but I would think most Browns fans aren't ready to say he's the face of the franchise until he's at least become our starting QB.
Among non Browns fans (NFL fans of other teams or in general) I would say like it or not Manziel is the face of the franchise. Actually hard to argue against that. Just go see how many Browns related articles there are on ESPN and other national media sites that DON'T center around Manziel. Say "Browns" to other football fans and they'll immediately start talking about Manziel. It is what it is.
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
I support JFF because we drafted him. I did NOT want to draft him but hey... FO didn't listen to me.
With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is. If it's purely from a football perspective then I'm going with Haden. But that isn't who most NFL fans (outside of CLE fans) will think of when you start to talk about the Browns which is another definition you can use as the face of the franchise. I didn't make it that way.... it is what it is.
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
You don't give us a chance.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
I support JFF because we drafted him. I did NOT want to draft him but hey... FO didn't listen to me.
With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is. If it's purely from a football perspective then I'm going with Haden. But that isn't who most NFL fans (outside of CLE fans) will think of when you start to talk about the Browns which is another definition you can use as the face of the franchise. I didn't make it that way.... it is what it is.
I did NOT want to draft (JFF) but hey... FO didn't listen to me.
With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is.
Get a rope!

Originally the franchise chose who was to be its "face" and put a photo of that player, or those players, in every ad. It's how the term was born.
TyperWoods said:
Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
Well... you're getting the insults down... so I guess that's something.
-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...
I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...
LOL-most of us have kept it to the Johnny Manziel thread as much as possible just for you. You don't have to read it you know.


-
crazy.
manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"
that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.
You don't give us a chance.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
TyperWoods said:
You don't give us a chance.
there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
see. you do nothing but prove my point.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
really? i've had dates that've lasted longer.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
once again just keep proving my point.....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.
-
really? the face of the franchise? GTFO.
even though i know a lot of people in the media game and dealt with them for years it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they all got flushed down the toilet.
what a bunch of garbage.
Who would you say is the face of the franchise?
Players. Current players.
None of this, "every player is the face of the franchise" bologna.
Every team has a marquee player. Some have two.
Who would you say is the face of the franchise?
The face of the Franchise are Paul Brown and Jim Brown. The team bears their name.
And there can be no argument about that.

-
I did NOT want to draft (JFF) but hey... FO didn't listen to me.
With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is.
Get a rope!

Originally the franchise chose who was to be its "face" and put a photo of that player, or those players, in every ad. It's how the term was born.
TyperWoods said:
Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
Well... you're getting the insults down... so I guess that's something.
Get a rope!

Originally the franchise chose who was to be its "face" and put a photo of that player, or those players, in every ad. It's how the term was born.
By that definition the face of the franchise is Joe Haden. Works for me.
-
And Joe Thomas.
-
And Joe Thomas.
Really? Let me check...
http://shop.clevelandbrowns.com/
Nope.. Haden plastered all over main page of team shop website but Thomas missing. GREAT player but it's pretty rare for a LT to be the face of your franchise... makes sense they are pushing Haden.
-
TyperWoods said:
You don't give us a chance.
there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
see. you do nothing but prove my point.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
really? i've had dates that've lasted longer.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
once again just keep proving my point.....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.
TyperWoods said:
You don't give us a chance.
there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
see. you do nothing but prove my point.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
really? i've had dates that've lasted longer.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
once again just keep proving my point.....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.
TyperWoods said:
You don't give us a chance.
there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.
I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.
see. you do nothing but prove my point.
I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.
really? i've had dates that've lasted longer.
On the other hand...
If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....
once again just keep proving my point.....
In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.
need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.
If you are trying to say you like going either way, that's your own business.
And you mine.
The fruit or your hand?
Lighten up, Francis.
I never said anyone wanted Manziel to fail. I also haven't said you should worship him more than you worship the Browns. And you know no one is sucking Gilberts' dick how? Nevermind, I don't want to know.
-
I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...
LOL-most of us have kept it to the Johnny Manziel thread as much as possible just for you. You don't have to read it you know.


LOL-most of us have kept it to the Johnny Manziel thread as much as possible just for you. You don't have to read it you know.


Well, there's that. LOL.
I think they just want to bitch. Kind of a namesake thing, I suppose.
-
miktoxic-"really? i've had dates that've lasted longer. "
For some strange reason I find myself actually believing that statement. LOL
Oh, God now he has me writing in bold type
-
Johnny Manziel. If he is a bust, you will all be gone. If he is a success you will flaunt it like you knew it. At least admit you are only JFF fans, not Browns fans. We know it already.
-
Johnny Manziel. If he is a bust, you will all be gone. If he is a success you will flaunt it like you knew it. At least admit you are only JFF fans, not Browns fans. We know it already.
Johnny Manziel. If he is a bust, you will all be gone. If he is a success you will flaunt it like you knew it. At least admit you are only JFF fans, not Browns fans. We know it already.
Admitted that on my first post. LOL.
Historically ambivalent on the Browns, but that can change.
JFF is the main reason I've started following them a bit. Historically have rooted for them if they were the underdog, so, I guess I have rooted for them a lot.
I suppose I could be like a lot of you guys, and take local pride in the players from all the other parts of the country they bring in to play for the Browns. Cleveland Rocks! YEAH!
-
But now it's Manziel.
Premature... possible, maybe even inevitable, but premature.
Premature... possible, maybe even inevitable, but premature.
It's not premature to say that Manziel has overtaken Thomas and Haden as the face of the franchise because it has happened.
How many times have they been mentioned since the draft? How many times has Manziel been mentioned this week?
Like it or not, but the media chooses the face of the franchise. Not the fans. Not the players. Not the coaches.
-
Who would you say is the face of the franchise?
The face of the Franchise are Paul Brown and Jim Brown. The team bears their name.
And there can be no argument about that.

The face of the Franchise are Paul Brown and Jim Brown. The team bears their name.
And there can be no argument about that.

Except that neither of them play for the team, so your statement is invalid.
Copying and pasting certain bits to fit your argument doesn't make your stance valid.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login