Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
One post does not an opinion make.
I was going more off the 800 other posts you've had chastising the JF fanboys. Do I have to go find them?
That was the point, Zombo.
This is the "new" JF thread and there's been exactly one post about JF as a football player, while the remaining posts are from his haters bitching about how much people post about him.
chastising the JF fans does not make me a detractor or doubter. it means i dislike phony browns fans who have only one agenda.
thanks for policing the thread though. why don't you defend thigpen as much?
oh yeah, he's on the verge of being cut. sorry.
chastising the JF fans does not make me a detractor or doubter. it means i dislike phony browns fans who have only one agenda.
thanks for policing the thread though. why don't you defend thigpen as much?
oh yeah, he's on the verge of being cut. sorry.
I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.
Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.
I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.
-
If you are a JF fan, you should want him to succeed, and to succeed, he needs to learn to be a starting NFL QB. That takes longer than one offseason and training camp to do. All you people calling for him to start in the first game cause you love him so much are setting him up to fail. I like him too, and that's exactly why I want him to ride the pine for at least four games and get up to speed before starting.
-
i really do hope this guy is the fran tarkenton of our time, if not better.
i would just ask everyone who is a fan of the browns or of JF himself to let the coaches coach. i really doubt that the organization picked him to fail. i have faith in the coaching staff to evaluate and make the decision of who starts and who doesn't. doesn't mean any decision is set in stone.
i really do hope this guy is the fran tarkenton of our time, if not better.
i would just ask everyone who is a fan of the browns or of JF himself to let the coaches coach. i really doubt that the organization picked him to fail. i have faith in the coaching staff to evaluate and make the decision of who starts and who doesn't. doesn't mean any decision is set in stone.
I have been a fan of JFs since well before the draft, but was never ready to ordain him as the "instant starter". As Mik stated "...let the coaches coach". I like the pick, I like the kid, but I also feel that, far too often, these rookies get thrown into the fray before they are ready. I feel very comfortable that that won't happen with this coaching staff. He'll get his chance when Pettine & company see fit & I'll support whatever player and/or players are on the field for the Browns.
Mike
-
chastising the JF fans does not make me a detractor or doubter. it means i dislike phony browns fans who have only one agenda.
thanks for policing the thread though. why don't you defend thigpen as much?
oh yeah, he's on the verge of being cut. sorry.
I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.
Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.
I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.
I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.
Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.
I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.
i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.
should i find those for you or call you out for it?
sour ass.
-
This would be a great group that would have the potential to go a long ways.
Hoyer would be always ready. He's been the backup and worked his way up, through the ranks, from always being ready and doing the right things. He's the consummate professional and he's always going to be 'right there', waiting and chomping at the bit to get back in there.
Manziel will most likely be the Franchise QB that they end up going with for a long period of time, barring injury. He will be given around the same amount of time that any other rookie QB will be given. He has to work hard and win games or he won't have his contract renewed. He'll be electric(fitting since it's 'First Energy Stadium' now). He'll make the crowd go ecstatic and be rocking from his antics and character. It'll be fun, it will be a change of pace from Old Man Weeden.
This will begin as Hoyer's Job but he'll have to remain flawless if he wins it. It must be daunting being Hoyer, it's like trying to hold back the sea. As long as he wins however, he'll continue to have the Cleveland Faithful backing him as the 'Good Ol' Boy Hometown Hero'.
The bottom line is the Offense just needs to be better. For a few years.. maybe longer than that we've had NO OFFENSE. Okay, we've had a little, but, when you're losing games in the second half because the D is too tired to stop them one more time, or the Offense can't sustain a freaking drive to close it out... How long has it been since the Browns have DESISIVELEY went in and delivered the Kill Shot and put the other team to sleep?
Delhomme, Wallace, McCoy, Weeden, Campbell(recently) and others just didn't have enough magic in the bag to appease the Brownies in Browns' Stadium and luck would always falter towards unfavorable for us. I think that Hoyer and Manziel both posses the power to satisfy the 'Gridiron Gods' and seize us victories.
The 'O' just has to be better, if that happens we could be like that first Ravens' team that won the Superbowl, rightly ours- maybe so, maybe this is natures way of balancing itself out? Maybe we've entered into the 'yang'. I hope so.
-
I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.
Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.
I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.
i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.
should i find those for you or call you out for it?
sour ass.
i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.
should i find those for you or call you out for it?
sour ass.
I have plenty of stupid assed posts. More than I care to count, especially with Ghoolie around. That's why I can call everyone else out, because I've got enough in my history to be called out on too.
I would worry, because the Browns have averaged 2.67 starting QB's per year since our 10-6 season.
The third string QB in Cleveland probably has the best chance to see the field of all NFL 3rd string QB's.
-
i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.
should i find those for you or call you out for it?
sour ass.
I have plenty of stupid assed posts. More than I care to count, especially with Ghoolie around. That's why I can call everyone else out, because I've got enough in my history to be called out on too.
I would worry, because the Browns have averaged 2.67 starting QB's per year since our 10-6 season.
The third string QB in Cleveland probably has the best chance to see the field of all NFL 3rd string QB's.
Very sad, but very trueI have plenty of stupid assed posts. More than I care to count, especially with Ghoolie around. That's why I can call everyone else out, because I've got enough in my history to be called out on too.
I would worry, because the Browns have averaged 2.67 starting QB's per year since our 10-6 season.
The third string QB in Cleveland probably has the best chance to see the field of all NFL 3rd string QB's.
-
I must admit, I am a jf fanboy but I won't be upset if he doesn't start. Coaches gonna coach.
-
JFF's only obstacle to becoming the Browns QB leader is a player who has thrown 192 passes in his five year NFL career; is coming off a serious as cancer injury but whose "play has
been better" in ota/mini. If he has half the abilities touted by his supporters, camp will be a slam dunk for him and he'll be making his debut in Heinz cow pasture September 7. If he can
help/lead the Browns to 2 wins by the time the squeelers come to town.......he will be Cleveland's new cock-of-the-walk.
-
This would be a great group that would have the potential to go a long ways.
Hoyer would be always ready. He's been the backup and worked his way up, through the ranks, from always being ready and doing the right things. He's the consummate professional and he's always going to be 'right there', waiting and chomping at the bit to get back in there.
Manziel will most likely be the Franchise QB that they end up going with for a long period of time, barring injury. He will be given around the same amount of time that any other rookie QB will be given. He has to work hard and win games or he won't have his contract renewed. He'll be electric(fitting since it's 'First Energy Stadium' now). He'll make the crowd go ecstatic and be rocking from his antics and character. It'll be fun, it will be a change of pace from Old Man Weeden.
This will begin as Hoyer's Job but he'll have to remain flawless if he wins it. It must be daunting being Hoyer, it's like trying to hold back the sea. As long as he wins however, he'll continue to have the Cleveland Faithful backing him as the 'Good Ol' Boy Hometown Hero'.
The bottom line is the Offense just needs to be better. For a few years.. maybe longer than that we've had NO OFFENSE. Okay, we've had a little, but, when you're losing games in the second half because the D is too tired to stop them one more time, or the Offense can't sustain a freaking drive to close it out... How long has it been since the Browns have DESISIVELEY went in and delivered the Kill Shot and put the other team to sleep?
Delhomme, Wallace, McCoy, Weeden, Campbell(recently) and others just didn't have enough magic in the bag to appease the Brownies in Browns' Stadium and luck would always falter towards unfavorable for us. I think that Hoyer and Manziel both posses the power to satisfy the 'Gridiron Gods' and seize us victories.
The 'O' just has to be better, if that happens we could be like that first Ravens' team that won the Superbowl, rightly ours- maybe so, maybe this is natures way of balancing itself out? Maybe we've entered into the 'yang'. I hope so.
This would be a great group that would have the potential to go a long ways.
Hoyer would be always ready. He's been the backup and worked his way up, through the ranks, from always being ready and doing the right things. He's the consummate professional and he's always going to be 'right there', waiting and chomping at the bit to get back in there.
Manziel will most likely be the Franchise QB that they end up going with for a long period of time, barring injury. He will be given around the same amount of time that any other rookie QB will be given. He has to work hard and win games or he won't have his contract renewed. He'll be electric(fitting since it's 'First Energy Stadium' now). He'll make the crowd go ecstatic and be rocking from his antics and character. It'll be fun, it will be a change of pace from Old Man Weeden.
This will begin as Hoyer's Job but he'll have to remain flawless if he wins it. It must be daunting being Hoyer, it's like trying to hold back the sea. As long as he wins however, he'll continue to have the Cleveland Faithful backing him as the 'Good Ol' Boy Hometown Hero'.
The bottom line is the Offense just needs to be better. For a few years.. maybe longer than that we've had NO OFFENSE. Okay, we've had a little, but, when you're losing games in the second half because the D is too tired to stop them one more time, or the Offense can't sustain a freaking drive to close it out... How long has it been since the Browns have DESISIVELEY went in and delivered the Kill Shot and put the other team to sleep?
Delhomme, Wallace, McCoy, Weeden, Campbell(recently) and others just didn't have enough magic in the bag to appease the Brownies in Browns' Stadium and luck would always falter towards unfavorable for us. I think that Hoyer and Manziel both posses the power to satisfy the 'Gridiron Gods' and seize us victories.
The 'O' just has to be better, if that happens we could be like that first Ravens' team that won the Superbowl, rightly ours- maybe so, maybe this is natures way of balancing itself out? Maybe we've entered into the 'yang'. I hope so.
if you want your long ass post read you need to shitcan this gay font. come on gizz!
-
Can someone explain to me how the MLB draft works? Because SD drafted Manziel in the 28th round....isn't that just wasting their pick at that spot?
Can someone explain to me how the MLB draft works? Because SD drafted Manziel in the 28th round....isn't that just wasting their pick at that spot?
Since no one else has answered this question, I'll try. By drafting him, San Diego has the rights to him for 6 years. I understand that the Padres said that they picked him because his athleticism was greater than anyone left on the board at that point. Theoretically, if football didn't work out for JM, he could play baseball for SD. He apparently was offered several bb scholarships for Division 1 schools but wanted to play football instead.
-
13c. Archie Manning
13 e. Probably medical center - although it is in Hill Country so may be connected with tourism. I looked it up on Wikipedia and nothing listed as #1, just a number of employers.
-
I want this kid to start week one and fails.
-
-

A true Browns fan, ladies and gentlemen.
did we need another JF thread? I just don't want everyone to be so disappointed because he is the savior of the browns. We have been here before. lets watch the fucking kid play before we make him the face of the team!!
I am a real fucking fan thank you very much.
-
Can someone explain to me how the MLB draft works? Because SD drafted Manziel in the 28th round....isn't that just wasting their pick at that spot?
Since no one else has answered this question, I'll try. By drafting him, San Diego has the rights to him for 6 years. I understand that the Padres said that they picked him because his athleticism was greater than anyone left on the board at that point. Theoretically, if football didn't work out for JM, he could play baseball for SD. He apparently was offered several bb scholarships for Division 1 schools but wanted to play football instead.
Since no one else has answered this question, I'll try. By drafting him, San Diego has the rights to him for 6 years. I understand that the Padres said that they picked him because his athleticism was greater than anyone left on the board at that point. Theoretically, if football didn't work out for JM, he could play baseball for SD. He apparently was offered several bb scholarships for Division 1 schools but wanted to play football instead.
I think they only get the right to him for a year. Signability is a big factor in the MLB draft since some drafted players don't sign. For example a high school player might get drafted, but may instead to go on to play college ball instead. So if he doesn't sign with the team that drafted him, his name goes back into the draft pool the next year.
You'll see this with younger players who may get drafted in the lower rounds, so they opt to play a year of college ball in the hopes that it raises their stock and nets them a higher draft pick the next year, which usually comes with mo' money.
IF a player signs, then that team holds the rights to him for a longer period of time, and l think that's where the six years comes in.
-
It would have been sacrilege for any thread to overtake the Hot Cheerleader thread, after all, no?
Post a Pic of JF with a Hot Cheerleader in the Cheerleader thread- shouldn't be too hard to find one.

-
Damn Johnny dick suckers.
Not enough that 1 thread is devoted to him, now he has two.
You cocksuckers obviously swallow.
TyperWoods said:
Damn Johnny dick suckers.
Not enough that 1 thread is devoted to him, now he has two.
You cocksuckers obviously swallow.
There was a reason I closed the other thread... read on.
@everlastingxxx said:
In todays NFL, rookie QBs can jump right in and be successful, plenty of examples. The read-option is a young QB friendly offense. Manziel made a living out of the WR quick throws. College or NFL those throws dont change.
Hoyer gave the offense a spark but he is greatly overblown by Browns fans. His best game was full of trick plays and interceptions. He is a solid backup and serviceable starter for a game or two.
Its like someone who has been in a lot of bad relationships, they start to think all their relationships will end badly. Nobody can see the future and anything can happen in football.
OTOH, plenty of examples of rookie qbs who came right in, were way over their heads, and stunk. So is it fair to say if you think Hoyer's talents are way overblown by Browns fans, some Browns fans think Manziel's talents are way overblown by A&M fans? FYI, hometown kids who play for the Browns, and play well are revered. Bernie Kosar is probably at the top of the list, and pay attention to Donte Whitner this year, who also landed his dream job. FWIW, Manziel scored bonus points on draft day- assuming he isn't one big faker, saying he actually wanted to be here.
Um Browns fans have been in around 22 bad relationships with quarterbacks since 1999, so some of us are going to go REAL slow with this one to make sure it works out.
@everlastingxxx said:
I agree that a year holding the clipboard would be better for him...but i think he is a little unique and there is a down side to it. The problem with Manziel sitting is that he freaks out when he has nothing to do. The guy is so competitive that when he has no outlet he starts to do dumb shit...ok dumber shit. Example: look at his red-shirted freshman year. His legs and athletic ability can keep him successful and buy him some time till he learns the game better. I think all this is a ploy to keep Johnny motivated and on his heels. He is the day 1 starter. Pettine isnt dumb.
Nope Pettine is pretty smart. Training camp and preseason are nothing like regular season. Doubt me? Wee-done had a 99 qbr last preseaon, and fell apart when teams actually started game planning for him, and threw blitzes he couldn't cope with. Hoyer has seen live regular season bullets flying- Manziel hasn't. MHO is he should sit until after the bye- at least.
did we need another JF thread? I just don't want everyone to be so disappointed because he is the savior of the browns. We have been here before. lets watch the fucking kid play before we make him the face of the team!!
I am a real fucking fan thank you very much.
Here's why we have JF thread #2. Go to any other football forum, and most Mods will kill a thread after about 10 pages. Call it a courtesy to new posters. For the record, there were 822 replies (gee, we should have gone for 1,000), and 25,000 views of the original thread. If you were just starting out, would you really like to spend an hour or two wading through posts to get up to current events? I doubt it. If this thread gets to 500 posts (and it will), we'll start JF III.
-
The way I see it.... We have 2 QB's that technically are unproven...by the end of TC... One of them is starting. Based on experience, I expect Hoyer to be the starter. But both QB's still have a lot to prove. if one of these kids does not grab the reigns it wont matter who starts. It will mean were still searching for our QB.
-
Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?
This from Kevin Jones' article wrapping up minicamp:
- We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkins
, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrine
, Johnny Manziel
andJosh Gordon
.
- We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkins
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login