Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

    Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

    Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

  • Quinn's a douche. Johnny will surpass his stellar career by October.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Quinn's a douche. Johnny will surpass his stellar career by October.

    Z

    That bar isn't very high.

  • IMHO, I think Joe Thomas is the face of the franchise for those that most closely follow the team. Gordon was about to take the torch, but he burned his fingers sparking up a fattie.

    On a national level, Manziel is the NOISE of the franchise. He is giving the Browns a voice because of the huge amount of media attention he TMZ-demands, whereas in the recent past the Browns have been the quiet kid in the corner. True fact.

  • I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

  • I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

    @suomi said:

    I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

    Ouch, that's harsh....... Me, I get more Jeff Garcia flashbacks.

  • Brady Quinn is just like us. He's a Browns fan, born and raised, and he'll never play a down in the NFL.

    I like the kid as a fan, not as a QB. But here, he's just speaking from the heart. He wants to see Manziel succeed, he wants to see the Browns succeed, and he's probably a bit jealous that he couldn't be the guy to turn the franchise around.

  • Quinn IS a douche.

    If Manziel stares into a full-length mirror he will probably see Ken Stabler and Joe Namath staring back at him. Good. Because if Manziel brings two Super Bowl trophies to Cleveland I'll hold down TCPO's goldfish for JF's pleasure.

  • Manziel was drafted to be the face of the franchise but he hasn't earned it yet.

    We currently have no face of the franchise.

    At this point, after waiting for God knows how many years, I could care less what our face of the franchise does in his off time, as long as he legitimately earns the title by winning some fucking games. If he wants to beat up midgets with polio in his off time, awesome I don't give a shit. As long as it doesn't affect his production on the field, who cares. It's his life, all I care about is what he does for 3 to 4 hours every Sunday for, hopefully, 21, 22 (however many weeks that constitute a full NFL season) weeks in the fall.

    If your kids are looking for a role model, that just means you need to step your fucking game up as a parent.

    Brady Quinn is a spiteful little bitch who blew his chance. Brady, be a fucking man and keep the Browns, and you're replacements, name out yo damn mouth. I'll admit if I was getting paid what he does to talk about a game, I'd probably say some stupid shit as well if that's what whoever was signing my checks wanted but, the cost you pay is your dignity (publically at least.)

  • You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

    Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

    Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

    TyperWoods said:

    You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

    Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

    Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

    Kinda like how A&M was before Manziel?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, we have had other Okies play here (and Texans are just glorified Okies)....

    Fuck you for that.

    TyperWoods said:

    Fuck you for that.

    I concur. That is an insult of the highest order for an Oklahoman. I don't think I can be Gipper's friend on the interwebz anymore.

    But in all seriousness that's like using the N word for us. Not cool Gipper, not cool.

  • Do I care that he did the money phone? Nope, but as was pointed out elsewhere, Merriweather didn't pull that stunt before his first pro fight.

    You had better not get shit-faced the night before a game either and show up hung over, kiddo. That would get me pissed off.

    @hoorta said:

    Do I care that he did the money phone? Nope, but as was pointed out elsewhere, Merriweather didn't pull that stunt before his first pro fight.

    You had better not get shit-faced the night before a game either and show up hung over, kiddo. That would get me pissed off.

    What if he turns around and wins the game though? I know I'd pitch in for a beer before next week's game.

  • TyperWoods said:

    You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

    Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

    Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

    Kinda like how A&M was before Manziel?

    @taco918 said:

    Kinda like how A&M was before Manziel?

    nobody is talking about A&M. But your butthurt is noted.

  • @mike-h said:

    It doesn't matter what any of you think, when people think Browns around the country, they think Manziel.

    This is spot on.

  • TyperWoods said:

    Fuck you for that.

    I concur. That is an insult of the highest order for an Oklahoman. I don't think I can be Gipper's friend on the interwebz anymore.

    But in all seriousness that's like using the N word for us. Not cool Gipper, not cool.

    @taco918 said:

    I concur. That is an insult of the highest order for an Oklahoman. I don't think I can be Gipper's friend on the interwebz anymore.

    But in all seriousness that's like using the N word for us. Not cool Gipper, not cool.

    We are thankful for Oklahomo. If they didn't suck so much, we might fall into the gulf.

  • I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

    @suomi said:

    I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

    Cart McCoy has always sucked, even in college. tu ran the read option and short passing game.

    However.com, Manziel playing from under center is something he will need to adapt to if he is to be successful.

  • @masterdog said:

    No, he'll fuck the entire city of Cleveland one day which includes your girlfriend, mother, grandmother, wife and goldfish.

    Except that I have never lived in Cleveland. Nor has my girlfriend, mother, grandmother, wife, or goldfish.

    So when Manziel throws a touchdown pass, or eludes a pass rush, or does anything cheer-worthy, I'm right to assume that you won't be cheering?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except that I have never lived in Cleveland. Nor has my girlfriend, mother, grandmother, wife, or goldfish.

    So when Manziel throws a touchdown pass, or eludes a pass rush, or does anything cheer-worthy, I'm right to assume that you won't be cheering?

    TC this is the reality check- of course we will cheer when he starts winning games. The flip side of the coin is- he keeps on being Johnny off the field, and starts sucking on the order of say Weeden- the chorus in boo flat will be deafening.

    BTW, I could care less what Farve did- he never played for the Browns, and if you think going out playing NFL football with a massive hangover is a good idea- FU. I haven't forgotten Bin Ridin' Rothlisberger was lucky he didn't get himself killed running his crotch rocket right into an on coming car either.

    You want to be young and stupid- that's your prerogative. Knieviel Winslow probably pissed away a few ten million and a potential HOF career that way.

    Bottom line: Manziel will only be able to continue being an off-field free spirit as long as he's winning games. Turn into a loser- people start cheering when you get injured to bring in the backup. It's happened before.

  • I mean, we have had other Okies play here (and Texans are just glorified Okies)....
    Fuck you for that.

    Oooh, touched a sensative nerve there, eh. 😮OK, give us the differences between Texans and Okies....if you think I am so off base.

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, we have had other Okies play here (and Texans are just glorified Okies)....

    Fuck you for that.

    Oooh, touched a sensative nerve there, eh. 😮OK, give us the differences between Texans and Okies....if you think I am so off base.

    It saddens me that it needs to be explained to you, it truly does.

    Where to start? We've significantly smaller obviously. Despite our small stature, we've produced some of the greatest athletes and/or coaches (Jim Thorpe, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Bobby Cox, Troy Aikman, Warren Spahn, Bill Self, and Wes Welker to name a few) artist (Will Rodgers, Garth motherfucking Brooks, Woody Guthrie, Brad Pitt, Ron Howard, Chuck motherfucking Norris, and my one of my personal favorites, Bill Hader) talent this country has ever seen. It would be interesting to see the per capita information on said talent based on state. (I assume Gipper has this information tucked away somewhere.) I guarantee Oklahoma would rank up there.

    However the biggest difference, despite my boast above (which could completely ruin my next argument, but what can I say, I'm proud to be an Oklahoman), is that we are much humbler than Texans. I know that's like saying we're nicer than Hitler but it is what it is.

    FWI I feel like this is, at least, the second time I've had to defend Oklahoma on this board in my relatively short (2-3 years I believe) time here. I'm assuming the first was due to the Weeden debacle which I apologize again for. That first round of the draft was my least favorite time as a Browns fan and that's saying something.

  • @taco918 said:

    I concur. That is an insult of the highest order for an Oklahoman. I don't think I can be Gipper's friend on the interwebz anymore.

    But in all seriousness that's like using the N word for us. Not cool Gipper, not cool.

    We are thankful for Oklahomo. If they didn't suck so much, we might fall into the gulf.

    TyperWoods said:

    We are thankful for Oklahomo. If they didn't suck so much, we might fall into the gulf.

    Why is Oklahoma so windy? Because Texas sucks and Kansas blows.

    I fixed it for you.

  • @taco918 said:

    Kinda like how A&M was before Manziel?

    nobody is talking about A&M. But your butthurt is noted.

    TyperWoods said:

    nobody is talking about A&M. But your butthurt is noted.

    I just find it funny that y'all couldn't do shit in the Big 12 South back in the day yet you have 2 good years with a Heisman QB and y'all are crawling out of the wood work proclaiming your greatness. UT's influence rubbed off on y'all.

  • @suomi said:

    I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

    Cart McCoy has always sucked, even in college. tu ran the read option and short passing game.

    However.com, Manziel playing from under center is something he will need to adapt to if he is to be successful.

    TyperWoods said:

    Cart McCoy has always sucked, even in college. tu ran the read option and short passing game.

    At least we can agree on something.