Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Manziel jersey #1 in NFL.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136544-johnny-manziels-no-2-is-best-selling-jersey-in-nfl
What did PT Barnum say? I'll wait until JF wins a Super Bowl or two.
We have lots of bargain basement Richardson, Weeden, McCoy, and Little jerseys available NOW at NFL shop. If you still have a Couch jersey (I do) you can save a lot of money just changing the name on the back. Yar.
What did PT Barnum say? I'll wait until JF wins a Super Bowl or two.
We have lots of bargain basement Richardson, Weeden, McCoy, and Little jerseys available NOW at NFL shop. If you still have a Couch jersey (I do) you can save a lot of money just changing the name on the back. Yar.
Now it's two Super Bowls?
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Manziel jersey #1 in NFL.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2136544-johnny-manziels-no-2-is-best-selling-jersey-in-nfl
How many dozen did you buy?
(Sorry, if I were to buy a jersey, that #2 would have a 3 in front of it)
How many dozen did you buy?
(Sorry, if I were to buy a jersey, that #2 would have a 3 in front of it)
Or after it- Haden.
Amazing the popularity of Manziel though.Now it's two Super Bowls?
LOL TC, I don't care if Manziel wins 10 Super Bowls, I won't buy his (or any other players) jersey with their name on it. Rushing out and buying a Couch jersey taught me the wisdom of caution in regards to the next great thing. Joe Thomas would be my choice if I did. I've said many times I have a permanent solution to that problem. My jersey is #46- a lot of people don't know it's retired- it's also the year the Browns were formed. OK, it belongs to a dead guy, Don Fleming- and I put my last name on the back, I'm old enough to be near death at any time. Will never go out of style- guaranteed.
-
I think just buy a jersey with no name on it is the safest.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I am not much of a jersey person. I have a Romo jersey in my closet given as a gift. My wife did buy me the Money Manziel Nike shirt for fathers day, lol.

I don't think Romo is the only thing in your closet.
Zombo
-
one funny dude right there.
LMAO!
-
How many dozen did you buy?
(Sorry, if I were to buy a jersey, that #2 would have a 3 in front of it)
Or after it- Haden.
Amazing the popularity of Manziel though.Now it's two Super Bowls?
LOL TC, I don't care if Manziel wins 10 Super Bowls, I won't buy his (or any other players) jersey with their name on it. Rushing out and buying a Couch jersey taught me the wisdom of caution in regards to the next great thing. Joe Thomas would be my choice if I did. I've said many times I have a permanent solution to that problem. My jersey is #46- a lot of people don't know it's retired- it's also the year the Browns were formed. OK, it belongs to a dead guy, Don Fleming- and I put my last name on the back, I'm old enough to be near death at any time. Will never go out of style- guaranteed.
LOL TC, I don't care if Manziel wins 10 Super Bowls, I won't buy his (or any other players) jersey with their name on it. Rushing out and buying a Couch jersey taught me the wisdom of caution in regards to the next great thing. Joe Thomas would be my choice if I did. I've said many times I have a permanent solution to that problem. My jersey is #46- a lot of people don't know it's retired- it's also the year the Browns were formed. OK, it belongs to a dead guy, Don Fleming- and I put my last name on the back, I'm old enough to be near death at any time. Will never go out of style- guaranteed.Even at a young age I got burned twice on that very thing before I decided to never buy a rookie/one year breakout jersey. 2008 was a rough year for me with my Anderson and Edwards jerseys haha. I finally feel confident and will likely buy a Haden jersey this year.
-
just go for the obscure guy with a screwy name on the starting roster and you can't lose because it will always be a conversation starter.
i got a footman jersey. remember him? fsu? supposed awesome DE.
name rings bells and people ask.
-
has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

-
has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

He was a backup quarterback for his first two years, He was seventh on the depth chart and had an intense struggle to get some playing time. An All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons and team captain his senior year. BTW, that's Tom Brady at Michigan, not Brian Hoyer at Michigan State. BTW, Brady "only" passed for 4,000+ yards and a 90+ qbr coming off his ACL- so don't tell me stuff like that can't happen.
It just amazes me the Johnny lovers are SO ready to throw Hoyer under the bus- there's a legion of Browns fans that want to see Hoyer get his legit chance to start. While Johnny was out partying his ass off every weekend since Draft Day, Hoyer was busting his ass in the weight room doing rehab, and working out with the Browns Wrs.
Here's a Manziel stat for you- ZERO NFL stats as yet. His college stats mean jack shit- just ask Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf for confirmation on that one. Will JF be great? we hope so- but like they say in Missouri- "Show Me"
In case you don't realize it yet- Hoyer is from Cleveland- and the local guys score heavy points with a large percentage of the fanbase.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I rewatched the Vikings game to try to see what all these Hoyer fan see in him. He showed some poise and good accuracy but he also made some really bad decisions. 2 Interceptions where he completely didnt see the defender and misread the coverage. Another interception where he had his arm hit because he didnt anticipate the pressure. The second game was more of a defensive battle. He threw alot of check-downs. 2 fucking games to evaluate the guy. What happens when the other team starts getting real game tape on him and tailors a game plan around his strengths? Whats his upside? Why did the best coach in NFL let him go if he is the next Tom Brady? Hoyer has just as many questions that need to be answered.
That's what the Browns fans Hoyer naysayers- are saying. What's Hoyer's upside? A guy by the name of Brian Sipe. Downside? Career backup. What's Manziel's upside? Fran Tarkenton. Downside? Ryan Leaf or Justin Blackmon.
It will be the same with Manziel- in case you didn't realize. Don't think NFL defensive coordinators haven't already watched games where Manziel didn't do well and say- yup- we're going to try that.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Hoyer has just as many questions that need to be answered.
that's why there's TC and the decision on who the starter will be won't be made until after the 3rd preseason game.
see the thing that disturbs real football fans is the way the JF fans think he should be given the job. someone eluded to the selfie of manziel w/ Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche and mayweather etc. saying "no one gave mayweather his championships. no one gave Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche his careeer or tyrese his career. why do people think JF should be given anything? no, he has to earn it like they did. is it expected of him? yes. but until he earns it he ain't big time." i think it was on the 10 secs i watched of the segment of FIRST TAKE.
i truly believe it will be a real competition. if manziel is the second coming as you all believe then what is the problem? believe if any one of the 2 has more going against him it's hoyer. you don't think haslam wouldn't love to see manziel-mania go into full swing and the bank come rolling his way (lord knows he has to recoup some money)? from hoyers minute on tv the other day at least we know the guy is a humble and said "hey, he's my team mate. if he wins the job, more power to him. i truly want the best QB on the field for my home team."
when asked if he had a selfie with Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche hoyer said "no, but i have one with my 2 year old daughter."
-
Hoyer has earned his shot and maybe a year on the bench will be good for Johnny.
But Johnny will play during 2014 at some point. No doubt in my mind.
-
has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

Because no one has ever succeeded after a mediocre career in the Big Ten (Tom Brady)
Because no one has ever ever succeeded after failing with other teams (Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson,Doug Williams, Steve Young)
Because no one has ever floundered anonymously before shocking the world (Kurt Warner)
If you keep cutting Brian Hoyer down, your boy is going to look real bad if he can't beat him out.
Glad I am a Browns fan, I win either way ... rather than a fan of a dude. Kinda creepy.
Zombo
-
Hoyer has earned his shot and maybe a year on the bench will be good for Johnny.
But Johnny will play during 2014 at some point. No doubt in my mind.
@everlastingxxx said:
I rewatched the Vikings game to try to see what all these Hoyer fan see in him. He showed some poise and good accuracy but he also made some really bad decisions. 2 Interceptions where he completely didnt see the defender and misread the coverage. Another interception where he had his arm hit because he didnt anticipate the pressure. The second game was more of a defensive battle. He threw alot of check-downs. 2 fucking games to evaluate the guy. What happens when the other team starts getting real game tape on him and tailors a game plan around his strengths? Whats his upside? Why did the best coach in NFL let him go if he is the next Tom Brady? Hoyer has just as many questions that need to be answered.
Yup... In game 1 he missed a couple reads in his first start in years... and went on to win a shoot out.
And in game 2 he took what was given, had zero turnovers and managed us to a three-TD win in a defensive struggle.
Two polar opposite routes to two wins. It's a flexibility, and a willingness to subjugate his performance to the greater good of the team, that I have yet to see in JM.
Yup, Hoyer's a thin resume, but it is a promising one. Promising enough to warrant entering TC as the #1. From there it is let the best man win...
Hoyer has earned his shot and maybe a year on the bench will be good for Johnny.
But Johnny will play during 2014 at some point. No doubt in my mind.
Walter, I actually had to "+1" you for that post. Agree 100%...
Zombo said:
Glad I am a Browns fan, I win either way ... rather than a fan of a dude. Kinda creepy.
I'm a Zombo fan... How creepy is that?

Aside:
Can't wait for the 2014 edition of "This Week in the AFCN".
You're goin' down... at least vs. the spread...
-
has anyone looked at hoyer's career.?
his greatest accoimplishment? Big 10 honorable mention.
this just baffles me.
you have 1 QB that might be able to make you a Super Bowl contender,
it ain't the guy who's been released twice, coming off a torn ACL and started something like 4 games in 5 years.
but, hey, some people like 7-2 if they're suited, good luck with that.

Because no one has ever succeeded after a mediocre career in the Big Ten (Tom Brady)
Because no one has ever ever succeeded after failing with other teams (Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson,Doug Williams, Steve Young)
Because no one has ever floundered anonymously before shocking the world (Kurt Warner)
If you keep cutting Brian Hoyer down, your boy is going to look real bad if he can't beat him out.
Glad I am a Browns fan, I win either way ... rather than a fan of a dude. Kinda creepy.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Because no one has ever succeeded after a mediocre career in the Big Ten (Tom Brady)
Because no one has ever ever succeeded after failing with other teams (Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson,Doug Williams, Steve Young)....Johnny Unitas (cut by Steelers), Len Dawson (cut by both Browns and Steelers) Joe Kapp....spent most of his career in Canada, Bill Kilmer....basically a career backup. Vince Ferragamo...a bit of a football nomad. Ron Jaworski....a Rams backup. Joe Theisman...started career in Canada as a punt returner. Jeff Hostetler, also a career backup with several teams. Jake Delhomme...who knows where he was before the Panthers
Because no one has ever floundered anonymously before shocking the world (Kurt Warner)
If you keep cutting Brian Hoyer down, your boy is going to look real bad if he can't beat him out.
Glad I am a Browns fan, I win either way ... rather than a fan of a dude. Kinda creepy.
Check, either way, we win....or lose, if these guys turn out to be just another version of Derek Anderson vs. Brady Quinn....which it could.
Zombo
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I rewatched the Vikings game to try to see what all these Hoyer fan see in him. He showed some poise and good accuracy but he also made some really bad decisions. 2 Interceptions where he completely didnt see the defender and misread the coverage. Another interception where he had his arm hit because he didnt anticipate the pressure. The second game was more of a defensive battle. He threw alot of check-downs. 2 fucking games to evaluate the guy. What happens when the other team starts getting real game tape on him and tailors a game plan around his strengths? Whats his upside? Why did the best coach in NFL let him go if he is the next Tom Brady? Hoyer has just as many questions that need to be answered.
Yup... In game 1 he missed a couple reads in his first start in years... and went on to win a shoot out.
And in game 2 he took what was given, had zero turnovers and managed us to a three-TD win in a defensive struggle.
Two polar opposite routes to two wins. It's a flexibility, and a willingness to subjugate his performance to the greater good of the team, that I have yet to see in JM.
Yup, Hoyer's a thin resume, but it is a promising one. Promising enough to warrant entering TC as the #1. From there it is let the best man win...
Hoyer has earned his shot and maybe a year on the bench will be good for Johnny.
But Johnny will play during 2014 at some point. No doubt in my mind.
Walter, I actually had to "+1" you for that post. Agree 100%...
Zombo said:
Glad I am a Browns fan, I win either way ... rather than a fan of a dude. Kinda creepy.
I'm a Zombo fan... How creepy is that?

Aside:
Can't wait for the 2014 edition of "This Week in the AFCN".
You're goin' down... at least vs. the spread...
Aside:
Can't wait for the 2014 edition of "This Week in the AFCN".
You're goin' down... at least vs. the spread...
I'm going to Vegas during prime NFL season in early November so I can't wait to start practicing with the browns board spread this year. I bet last year and failed epically so I'm going to pay a lot closer attention to how it all usually breaks down.
-
I think just buy a jersey with no name on it is the safest.
I think just buy a jersey with no name on it is the safest.
I have a classic, nameless #32...

-
@everlastingxxx said:
A QB list i thought was really interesting. I didnt put it together. Credit to cmd34 at dcu
Starting QB's in the NFL:
Buffalo - 1st round pick *
Miami - 1st round pick *
New England - 6th round pick ****
NY Jets - 1st round pick or 2nd round pick *
Baltimore - 1st round pick ***
Cincinnati - 2nd round pick ***
Cleveland - 1st round pick most likely or UDFA (Hoyer) *
Pittsburgh - 1st round pick ****
Houston - 7th round pick *
Indianapolis - 1st round pick ***
Jacksonville - 2nd round pick or 1st round pick *
Tennessee - 1st round pick *
Denver - 1st round pick ****
Kansas City - 1st round pick **
Oakland - 3rd round pick *
San Diego - 1st round pick ***
Dallas - UDFA ***
NY Giants - 1st round pick ****
Philadelphia - 3rd round pick ***
Washington - 1st round pick *
Chicago - 1st round pick ***
Detroit - 1st round pick ***
Green Bay - 1st round pick ****
Minnesota - 7th round pick or 1st round pick or 1st round pick *
Atlanta - 1st round pick ***
Carolina - 1st round pick ***
New Orleans - 2nd round pick ****
Tampa Bay - 3rd round pick or 3rd round pick *
Arizona - 1st round pick ***
St. Louis - 1st round pick **
San Francisco - 2nd round pick ***
Seattle - 3rd round pick ***
* = still unproven
** = ok
*** = good
**** = great
so 2 out of the 6 GREAT nfl QBs were not first round picks.
4 out of the 13 GOOD nfl QBs were not first round picks.
both OK qbs were first round picks
3 out of the remaining 11 UNPROVEN QBs were not first round picks.
so more than 1/3 of the league is in the same boat as the browns.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
A QB list i thought was really interesting. I didnt put it together. Credit to cmd34 at dcu
Starting QB's in the NFL:
Buffalo - 1st round pick *
Miami - 1st round pick *
New England - 6th round pick ****
NY Jets - 1st round pick or 2nd round pick *
Baltimore - 1st round pick ***
Cincinnati - 2nd round pick ***
Cleveland - 1st round pick most likely or UDFA (Hoyer) *
Pittsburgh - 1st round pick ****
Houston - 7th round pick *
Indianapolis - 1st round pick ***
Jacksonville - 2nd round pick or 1st round pick *
Tennessee - 1st round pick *
Denver - 1st round pick ****
Kansas City - 1st round pick **
Oakland - 3rd round pick *
San Diego - 1st round pick ***
Dallas - UDFA ***
NY Giants - 1st round pick ****
Philadelphia - 3rd round pick ***
Washington - 1st round pick *
Chicago - 1st round pick ***
Detroit - 1st round pick ***
Green Bay - 1st round pick ****
Minnesota - 7th round pick or 1st round pick or 1st round pick *
Atlanta - 1st round pick ***
Carolina - 1st round pick ***
New Orleans - 2nd round pick ****
Tampa Bay - 3rd round pick or 3rd round pick *
Arizona - 1st round pick ***
St. Louis - 1st round pick **
San Francisco - 2nd round pick ***
Seattle - 3rd round pick ***
* = still unproven
** = ok
*** = good
**** = great
so 2 out of the 6 GREAT nfl QBs were not first round picks.
4 out of the 13 GOOD nfl QBs were not first round picks.
both OK qbs were first round picks
3 out of the remaining 11 UNPROVEN QBs were not first round picks.
so more than 1/3 of the league is in the same boat as the browns.
@everlastingxxx said:
These guys are exceptions to the rule, not the norm. Romo is the only undrafted free agent QB starting in the NFL. Think about that for a second. The Browns ownership and coaching staff evaluated those 2 games and came to the conclusion that Hoyer was not a franchise QB so they used a #1 draft pick to upgrade the position. If Manziel is a bust and shits himself then you wasted a #1 pick when you could have used it on another player that could have helped you this season.
In the end Manziel is going to win. He will get the keys to the offense their this season or next or 3 years down the road. If he has the luxury of sitting and not getting thrown to the wolves day one, thats a good thing.
What the hell is creepy about being a fan of a player? Who gives a fuck? You sit around and watch grown men run around in spandex grabbing each other. Then you sit around all day and talk with other men about men playing sports.
It's not that the Browns FO didn't think Hoyer could be good enough to win- (damn he won every game he played in last year.) It's as everyone on this board has said- there is an insufficient body of work to properly evaluate him. I'd call it hedging your bets. If the Browns thought Manziel was that great a prospect- as the Johnny thumpers seem to believe, they wouldn't have screwed around taking a chance- and drafted him at #4 overall.
And yes, us Browns fans fully realize Hoyer could be a 3 game wonder, we saw Derek Anderson essentially flame out after 8 or so games when NFL defensive coordinators figured out if you took away his deep stuff, he couldn't throw short to save his life.
FYI- Hoyer taking the Browns to the playoffs would be as big a story in Cleveland as Le Bron coming back.
* = still unproven
** = ok
*** = good
**** = great
so 2 out of the 6 GREAT nfl QBs were not first round picks.
4 out of the 13 GOOD nfl QBs were not first round picks.
both OK qbs were first round picks
3 out of the remaining 11 UNPROVEN QBs were not first round picks.
so more than 1/3 of the league is in the same boat as the browns.
Yeah, and a lot of those first round quarterbacks are being replaced by yet another first round quarterback- like the Jags and Vikings. JFF supporters are just so positive he's the best thing to hit the NFL since Andrew Luck. We'll see soon enough.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login