Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • But would Brady have had the same success in Cle? Or even close to the same success?

    LOL would Wynn have been Tom Brady in NE?

  • @miktoxic said:

    no, you're right i didn't play football. sorry. i knew i missed something early on in life because i haven't grown up to be the likes of the man you are: a 'glory days' lovin HS jock who probably bullied everyone smaller than himself. no i had other things to do while you where lifting weights and raping cheerleaders, like think about what i wanted to do in life and i achieved those goals very early in life which gives me the chance to be on this fine forum and throw shit back and forth between people that i actually respect.

    you know shit about me punk. i guarantee i've done more things in my life that you could ever dream of, too many that i don't want to get into with some chump i could less that a fart about.

    go peddle your shit somewhere else and go get my shine box.

    btw, who's spurgen wynn?

    LOL, yeah you're a real "man" of the world. Keyboard tough guy posting out of your parents basement. Tell us some more how great you are Dick. Your hilarious:)

    @larryfine said:

    LOL, yeah you're a real "man" of the world. Keyboard tough guy posting out of your parents basement. Tell us some more how great you are Dick. Your hilarious:)

    where you from? i just wanna know because you don't have it under you username and avatar, so i'm thinkin you don't want people to know.

    you're the one comin off as a real dickhead with 23 posts you'd think you'd not just waltz in and pick a fight. you don't agree with me fine. i could give less than a fuck.

    yeah and i don't have a basement HA!

  • LOL, prolly from Pennsylvania lol...Ive never met anyone from PA I could stand

  • 1387066032000-USP-NCAA-Football-Heisman-Here is a picture of Johnny Manziel with others.....

    Here is what they are all listed height wise

    Jordan Lynch 6'1"

    Johnny Manziel 6'1"

    Tre Mason 5'10"

    AJ McCarron 6'4"

    Andre Williams 6'0"

    Jameis Winston 6'4"

    The only thing you could say is someone, or everyone is lying about their height, because Winston and McCarron are nowhere near the same height.

    @browns149 said:

    1387066032000-USP-NCAA-Football-Heisman-Here is a picture of Johnny Manziel with others.....

    Here is what they are all listed height wise

    Jordan Lynch 6'1"

    Johnny Manziel 6'1"

    Tre Mason 5'10"

    AJ McCarron 6'4"

    Andre Williams 6'0"

    Jameis Winston 6'4"

    The only thing you could say is someone, or everyone is lying about their height, because Winston and McCarron are nowhere near the same height.

    1470072_696997893667036_134662464_n.jpg

    Tom Brady 6'4" wearing cleats ... Hoyer looks every bit of his 6'2".

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    While it does not have to be, notoriety can be a distraction... especially if you arrive with it. It is part of the issue with RG3 in WSH, and Johnny will arrive.

    As for the injury... in Johnny's case he just seems to be so competitive that he cannot help himself. More below...

    How much of a drop off from a team's #1 to #2 WR is required?

    The above means Wilson is thicker... and thicker means more durable.

    Also both Brees and Wilson play smarter. By that I mean they rarely let their competitivness overrule their intelligence and thus stay out of harm's way as much as can be expected.

    Brees survived his 2005 injury (in no small part due to the skills of Dr. James Andrews). Wilson has yet to face his. Manziel has already been concussed and suffered arm, knee and rib injuries at the college level.

    mik's agreeing with me is normally a cause for concern, but not in this case.

    Slightly upward camera angle...Jameis clearly leaning forward... It's called p-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-i-v-e...

    its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.

    Did not answer my question, but OK... I still say that having a 1A and a 1B is not only an option, but the best one I see.

    Barr at #4 could make sense at OLB, but IMO, there's not a ILB in the draft that is worth the #4.

  • @larryfine said:

    OK Richard!

    no prob gagsoncocks.

    @miktoxic said:

    gagsoncocks.

    Need to put that name on the list for a future, obnoxious, visiting fan of another AFCN team...

  • No they will criticize and pick apart every incompletion he has...and even if he wins here ugly they will say he lucky and its defense or something...they would never say "I was wrong"

    @jeffinwv said:

    No they will criticize and pick apart every incompletion he has...and even if he wins here ugly they will say he lucky and its defense or something...they would never say "I was wrong"

    wrongo.

    you must be talking about a boy not a man. cuz i will belly up to the bar and eat the whole damn crow. and buy around for all the manziel lovers that i will have ridiculed between now and may.

    hey if he comes here he better light it up cuz it will be on record that lack luster lombardo and rat bastard banner don't know how to judge talent for shit.

    then it'll be your turn to eat crow brother. and i'll take a snifter of courvosier. thanks in advance!

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.

    Did not answer my question, but OK... I still say that having a 1A and a 1B is not only an option, but the best one I see.

    Barr at #4 could make sense at OLB, but IMO, there's not a ILB in the draft that is worth the #4.

    @tour2ma said:

    Did not answer my question, but OK... I still say that having a 1A and a 1B is not only an option, but the best one I see.

    Barr at #4 could make sense at OLB, but IMO, there's not a ILB in the draft that is worth the #4.

    I was answering the question of how much of a dropoff was required from your #1 reciever to your 2 reciever. No dropoff is required. But I question using that high of a pick on one until we have a QB. IMO we have to keep swinging till we hit one outta the park.
  • Fair enough... just two things...

    1. Sammy is at the very top my board.
    2. The biggest trap in the art of drafting is drafting based upon need.

    Boards may differ, but...

  • That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.

  • Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.

  • I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

  • Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.

    @lbc-mike said:

    Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.

    I call bullshit. There is plenty of talent on this team and I'd say outside of QB we have more talent on offense than NE right now.
  • If we had a QB many of our defensive issues would be solved by them not being on the field 2/3s of the game.

  • I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

    @thenew23 said:

    I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

    youre the only one.
  • I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

    @thenew23 said:

    I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

    I just don't like that he can't see open receivers unless he leaves the pocket. He also leaves the pocket often when he doesn't need to.

  • That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.

    @walterwhite said:

    The kid is special, I'm telling you he just has the "it" factor that Favre had.

    Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.

    Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.

    Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.

    Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.

    However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.

  • @thenew23 said:

    I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...

    I just don't like that he can't see open receivers unless he leaves the pocket. He also leaves the pocket often when he doesn't need to.

    @bbedward said:

    I just don't like that he can't see open receivers unless he leaves the pocket. He also leaves the pocket often when he doesn't need to.

    It's called creating passing lanes. Of course our OL can't create any lanes passing or running.

  • @walterwhite said:

    The kid is special, I'm telling you he just has the "it" factor that Favre had.

    Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.

    Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.

    Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.

    Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.

    However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.

    @tour2ma said:

    Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.

    Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.

    Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.

    Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.

    However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.

    The only reality I see is that we need a QB...Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em. While the chances of us hitting on one is about 25% in the first round, it's below 5% after the first. Keep swinging. We can grab Decker or Nicks in FA and still have the best WR's in the division. The reality is this team hasn't even tried to get a difference maker at QB since couch. Settling for has-beens, late first rounders and 3rd rounders. I'm sick of it. Get a guy who most scouts have Top 10 overall.
  • @tour2ma said:

    Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.

    Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.

    Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.

    Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.

    However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.

    The only reality I see is that we need a QB...Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em. While the chances of us hitting on one is about 25% in the first round, it's below 5% after the first. Keep swinging. We can grab Decker or Nicks in FA and still have the best WR's in the division. The reality is this team hasn't even tried to get a difference maker at QB since couch. Settling for has-beens, late first rounders and 3rd rounders. I'm sick of it. Get a guy who most scouts have Top 10 overall.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em.

    No more than your willingness to fail at any cost means we should draft the best QB available at #4...

    Only if you believe that one of those 3 is your future starter based upon his performance on the field should you pull the trigger.