Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.
Did not answer my question, but OK... I still say that having a 1A and a 1B is not only an option, but the best one I see.
Barr at #4 could make sense at OLB, but IMO, there's not a ILB in the draft that is worth the #4.
I was answering the question of how much of a dropoff was required from your #1 reciever to your 2 reciever. No dropoff is required. But I question using that high of a pick on one until we have a QB. IMO we have to keep swinging till we hit one outta the park.Did not answer my question, but OK... I still say that having a 1A and a 1B is not only an option, but the best one I see.
Barr at #4 could make sense at OLB, but IMO, there's not a ILB in the draft that is worth the #4.
-
-
-
Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.
-
I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...
-
Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.
I call bullshit. There is plenty of talent on this team and I'd say outside of QB we have more talent on offense than NE right now.Tom Brady would do squat here without a team. How about getting a fucking supporting cast that will make our future fucking rock star cocain snorting, keg stand hero, ladies man, etc.. look good. Anyone can throw to Bess and Little all day and do shit. Fix our defense so they don't blow second half leads. Fix our running game. Fix our O line. Without all these addressed Bart Starr would look like Weeden.
-
-
I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...
-
I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...
-
That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.
@walterwhite said:
The kid is special, I'm telling you he just has the "it" factor that Favre had.
Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.
Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.
Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.
Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.
However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.
-
-
@walterwhite said:
The kid is special, I'm telling you he just has the "it" factor that Favre had.
Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.
Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.
Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
That applies to everything but QB. If you dont have one, you have to get one, if not youre just wasting everyone's time.
Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.
However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.
The only reality I see is that we need a QB...Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em. While the chances of us hitting on one is about 25% in the first round, it's below 5% after the first. Keep swinging. We can grab Decker or Nicks in FA and still have the best WR's in the division. The reality is this team hasn't even tried to get a difference maker at QB since couch. Settling for has-beens, late first rounders and 3rd rounders. I'm sick of it. Get a guy who most scouts have Top 10 overall.Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.
Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.
Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.
Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.
However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.
-
The only reality I see is that we need a QB...Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em. While the chances of us hitting on one is about 25% in the first round, it's below 5% after the first. Keep swinging. We can grab Decker or Nicks in FA and still have the best WR's in the division. The reality is this team hasn't even tried to get a difference maker at QB since couch. Settling for has-beens, late first rounders and 3rd rounders. I'm sick of it. Get a guy who most scouts have Top 10 overall.Manziel will be a good to very good NFL QB, but other than the fact that he is also a risk taking "gunslinger" type, I do not see "Favre-factor" in him.
Even if I did, I honestly would not see that that as a good thing. To me Favre was Romo with a stronger arm except that he got lucky once in '96... lucky the Pack had the #1 defense in the league to bail him out.
Granted that's more luck than we have seen since '64, but I'd like to hold out for a QB that can produce a career rating over 90.
Sorry, but it applies to everything. You cannot afford to waste #1's. Need does not improve reality.
However, even if you have a "QB", you'd better be looking for your next one.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em.
No more than your willingness to fail at any cost means we should draft the best QB available at #4...
Only if you believe that one of those 3 is your future starter based upon his performance on the field should you pull the trigger.
-
I keep watching YouTube games of Manziel... he's rapidly falling down my list... I'm wondering if he gets drafted in the first round at all...
-
@walterwhite said:
If The Browns pass on Manziel and he ends up being a badass,
it will go down as one of the all time great follies in Browns history because he's was there for the taking.
We've passed on Ben, Rogers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, and taken doofuses like Couch, Quinn, Weeden, and McCoy.
I think Manziel will be a stud and not a dud.
the problem with your post is..............every other team passed on those guys............
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Just because the three guys that are the highest rated this year dont give you a chubby doesnt mean we can afford to pass on em.
No more than your willingness to fail at any cost means we should draft the best QB available at #4...
Only if you believe that one of those 3 is your future starter based upon his performance on the field should you pull the trigger.
The fact is nobody knows which of these guys will succeed or not succeed. Hell they dont even know. Based on what they did on the field they are all pretty even in my book, on chances of success. Sure, there is no Andrew Luck....but they are all viewed as better prospects than say a Ryan Tannehill or Colin Kaepernick were. I'd spend the number 4 pick on either of them, would you?No more than your willingness to fail at any cost means we should draft the best QB available at #4...
Only if you believe that one of those 3 is your future starter based upon his performance on the field should you pull the trigger.
-
I just don't like that he can't see open receivers unless he leaves the pocket. He also leaves the pocket often when he doesn't need to.
Im pretty sure he had something like a 70% completion rate from INSIDE the pocket this year. Better percentage than any other college QB from in the pocket this year. (Didn't feel like lookin up the actual %, know it was over 70 though)
-
@walterwhite said:
If The Browns pass on Manziel and he ends up being a badass,
it will go down as one of the all time great follies in Browns history because he's was there for the taking.
We've passed on Ben, Rogers, Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, and taken doofuses like Couch, Quinn, Weeden, and McCoy.
I think Manziel will be a stud and not a dud.
If the Browns pass on him, its a LOCK that he's gonna be badass...
-
Manziel at the 4th pick and the best o lineman or WR at the 26th or whatever it is. get him and give him a supporting cast and theres no reason he wont do what he did at A&M..
-
@walterwhite said:
Yea but not every other team needed a QB.
We needed a QB in 2004 (passed on Ben)
We needed a QB in 2005 (passed on Rogers)
We needed a QB in 2011 (passed on Kaepernick)
We needed a QB in 2012 (took Weeden over Wilson and Foles)
The front office and front offices of past have royally fucked us.
we need a QB in 2014
we will draft a WR......or DE
man we suck
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login