Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Well at least JM handles the media better than Leaf did. He's pretty rock solid with the cliche answers. His MO is pretty much:

    "I need to do better."

    "Coach and I have sat down and talked about it, and we've moved on."

    At least he has that part of the job done pretty well.

  • Well at least JM handles the media better than Leaf did. He's pretty rock solid with the cliche answers. His MO is pretty much:

    "I need to do better."

    "Coach and I have sat down and talked about it, and we've moved on."

    At least he has that part of the job done pretty well.

    @qcbrowner said:

    Well at least JM handles the media better than Leaf did. He's pretty rock solid with the cliche answers. His MO is pretty much:

    "I need to do better."

    "Coach and I have sat down and talked about it, and we've moved on."

    At least he has that part of the job done pretty well.

    He is smart enough to say the right things to the media, but dumb enough to keep making those mistakes... In the end it doesn't matter b.c he is still doing stupid things.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Hey cockaholic, imagine an entire platoon of middle fingers coming your way.

    Joe Namath Kenny Stabler Jim Kelly and Brett Favre would have done it.

    Yeah but did they back when they were rookies? No.

    Your point is invalid, just like your sad attempt at an insult. Anyone who calls them self Westside Steve must not have done too much with their life...

    Sound about right "cockaholic"?

    @domcucch1994 said:

    Yeah but did they back when they were rookies? No.

    Your point is invalid, just like your sad attempt at an insult. Anyone who calls them self Westside Steve must not have done too much with their life...

    Sound about right "cockaholic"?

    Wow. That hurt! To think you had to take time off from your custodial duties to reply.... but I am honored that you enjoyed the phrase cockaholic so much you were compelled to use it yourself! Imitation actually is the sincerest form of flattery.

    And by the way CH, Namath was on the radio just this morning saying that he did it as a young player.

    He also said that he eventually regretted it but that he understood. Personally I'm happy as a pig in shit when Browns players flip of the opposition.

    Or a cockaholic like you.

    😁

    WSS

  • Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.

  • the bird doesn't bother Me...what does bother Me is that both QB's are sucking bad!

  • Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    One big difference.....they all ended up being good, or even great.

    And one of the Steeler bretheren is reduced to sucking the dick of Domocoochie.

    Kinda like Rocky carrying the spit bucket.

    WSS

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

    @mudfly said:

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

    If I was him I'd just ditch the money sign BullShit. It isnt cool. hell it isnt even original. And he damn lucky Pittsburg and Baltimore are a shell of them formor selves cause Ray Ray, ed reed, James Harrison, and many others woulda made him eat that money sign the first time he throws it up.

  • $1,000,000 Arm, $0.05 Head.

  • @qcbrowner said:

    Well at least JM handles the media better than Leaf did. He's pretty rock solid with the cliche answers. His MO is pretty much:

    "I need to do better."

    "Coach and I have sat down and talked about it, and we've moved on."

    At least he has that part of the job done pretty well.

    He is smart enough to say the right things to the media, but dumb enough to keep making those mistakes... In the end it doesn't matter b.c he is still doing stupid things.

    @demoted said:

    He is smart enough to say the right things to the media, but dumb enough to keep making those mistakes... In the end it doesn't matter b.c he is still doing stupid things.

    Agreed.

    @douche-nozzle said:

    The best part is that Johnny Fuckup's reaction will bring on the sideline abuse ten fold 😁

    Yeah, it's on now. That wasn't very smart on his part.

    @mudfly said:

    he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared

    Good observation. I hadn't thought of it like that. I was WONDERING after the touchdown...."hey....where's the money sign?"

  • Johnny Manziel shouldn't change a thing

    Aug 19 2014, 12:00 PMMichael Amato

    Can you believe the audacity?

    After two games of being ridiculed and heckled by the opposition, as well as their fans, Johnny Manziel couldn't take it anymore. In what was supposed to be his final audition to prove he deserves to be the starter, he flipped the bird to the Washington Redskins bench.

    That, combined with an unimpressive performance, should lock in Brian Hoyer as the starter for Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Browns head coach Mike Pettine wasn't impressed with the gesture, for which Manziel will likely receive a fine.

    "It did not sit well," Pettine said via ESPN.com. "I was informed of it after the game and it's disappointing. Because what we talk about is being poised and being focused -- that you have to be able to maintain your poise."

    He has to say that publicly - but privately, Pettine shouldn't be so concerned with Manziel's antics on Monday night.

    Manziel had tremendous success at Texas A&M playing the quarterback position in non-traditional fashion, both on and off the field. Many felt he should have spent less time partying and more time in the film room, but it worked just the same. When Saturday rolled around Manziel was a gamer and he made plays you can't teach.

    So why try and change it now?

    Manziel is never going to be a Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady. He's cut from the same cloth as Joe Namath, Kenny Stabler, and Jim McMahon. Those three guys played by their own rules off the field, but come Sunday their teammates knew they were going to get the job done.

    Here's Stabler on his relationship with Oakland Raiders head coach John Madden in this 2010 piece for Sports Illustrated.

    "There were times he'd be ranting and raving, 'I need a play! I need a play!' I'd just stand back and let him rant and rave, and then when he was done, he'd look at me and say, 'What do you want to do?' I'd say, 'I'd like to do this,' and he'd say, 'Then go do it.'"

    Manziel: the future of the Browns

    Stabler wasn't the most studious fellow in the world, but Madden trusted the fact that he would make a play when the Raiders needed it. The problem with Manziel is he has yet to prove that to Pettine at the NFL level, but the Browns coach needs to learn to look the other way sometimes and take the good with the bad. Manziel is going to act up, he's going to sound off, he's going to be caught out and about by TMZ - but that's what the Browns signed up for when they drafted him.

    Whether Manziel starts in Week 1 is irrelevant. He - and not Hoyer - is going to be starting the majority of games for the franchise in the foreseeable future. The Browns can either try to turn him into something he's not, or they can just let him be Johnny Football.

    The Browns have been a league doormat for the past decade, winning more than five games in a campaign just twice. If Manziel can change that - and the price is a one-finger salute here and there - then so be it.

  • good article.

    WSS

  • SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)

    I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign

  • SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)

    I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign

    @big-red-one said:

    SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)

    I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign

    Cause he's shown a tendency to learn from his mistakes. I'm still behind him but he doesn't appear to want to change.

  • Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

    @mudfly said:

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

    RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.

  • Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    Pussy! Homo!!! Just kidding. We all make stupid posts here.

  • Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    Your avatar is still badass.

    Zombo

  • Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.

    A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.

    I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.

    Lol welcome to the " I made a dumbass knee jerk post club". Virtually every member of the board belongs to it. Welcome

  • @mudfly said:

    yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually

    RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.

    @hoorta said:

    RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.

    Surprise this hasn't been mentioned and noticed yet.

    He was chased down by a 3rd string DE in last night's game.

    College fast just isn't the same as NFL fast.