Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)
I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign
-
SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)
I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign
SO Freakin what....lets get behind this kid - the team is / will (eventually)
I say he learns from his mistake and NEXT TIME look the bastards in the eye when he gives them the "youre #1" sign
Cause he's shown a tendency to learn from his mistakes. I'm still behind him but he doesn't appear to want to change.
-
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
-
Like I said before. He is just a kid really. Used to being the big man on campus. Now he finds himself being insulted, ridiculed, etc. That and he wasn't passing worth a shit. It will take a couple of YEARS for him to settle down, not games.
yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually
yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually
RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.
-
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Pussy! Homo!!! Just kidding. We all make stupid posts here.
-
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Your avatar is still badass.
Zombo
-
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Ok, the whole badass comment l made, that was kinda stupid of me.
A few beers, l got a little worked up, and it somehow struck a chord with my inner 13 year old.
I deserve all the shit l'm given for it.
Lol welcome to the " I made a dumbass knee jerk post club". Virtually every member of the board belongs to it. Welcome
-
yep, i agree....and I think he is getting a severe humbling right now . Both his recent words and demeanor would back that up.....he's never had negative pressure his whole life.....from the silver spoon, to High School Super star, to College Superstar, to the Heisman, to 1st round draft pick, with all the money signs, party's in vegas, swans, etc, etc.........and the KABLAM!.....all of a sudden there are haters and negative press and a VERY complicated play book and a bunch of REALLY fast GOOD players defending and his progress is measured by the minute and there are other quarterbacks to beat out and the Skins were calling him names and he couldnt complete a pass or even run and its only been a month and he's only played a few practice quarters and he's already feeling it and he hasn't even made the money sign once and thats because he knows and he's scared and it's gonna take some time before he gets it or completely cracks.....I hope he gets it....I think he will.....eventually
RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.
RED= What I said pre draft. JF just found out the hard way- elusive in college and elusive in the pros are two different things. All of a sudden, he doesn't look so fast- because everyone else is as fast, or faster.
Surprise this hasn't been mentioned and noticed yet.
He was chased down by a 3rd string DE in last night's game.
College fast just isn't the same as NFL fast.
-
This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.
Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.
Tom Brady gives a Fuck
Payton Manning gives a Fuck
Andrew Luck gives a Fuck
" rel="external nofollow"> -
I really can't wait until someone lays this prick out...
I mean what a POS he is! You don't see the likes of Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. pulling this kind of shit.
But hey... only in Cleveland right? What a waste!!
Hey cockaholic, imagine an entire platoon of middle fingers coming your way.
Joe Namath Kenny Stabler Jim Kelly and Brett Favre would have done it.
WSS
Hey cockaholic, imagine an entire platoon of middle fingers coming your way.
Joe Namath Kenny Stabler Jim Kelly and Brett Favre would have done it.
WSS
But they didn't...
I used to oversee a large construction Co. group of people.. There were always one or two guys out of the couple hundred that by their own actions ended up wearing duct tape signs on their backs at the end of the day to the grocery store and then home that said.. "I like it up the ass".. Or having someone piss in their tin of Skoal..
JF is starting to remind me a lot of those guys..ohcrap.gif
-
Plenty of pro's have done this over the years and they have also received the same criticism..... This isnt some double standard created by intense media scrutiny, this was freaking Monday Night Football....in front of millions of people and cameras.....and he KNOWS they are watching, yet still acts the fool....
If I was at the biggest interview / audition of my life....and the whole world was watching.....and it was being televised world wide.....and my bosses and coaches and fans were all watching every step(and I knew it).......then I wouldnt do something stupid like that.....
Bottom line........immature is immature and quality stands up to scrutiny..(no matter how intense)
-
VesnaKociper said:
WTF has happened to civilization? .
I was producing a documentary sound track today and the guy doing the vocals, a pretty prominent pop singer form Atlanta, engaged a few of us about BROWNS football and Johnny Manziel.
Well WTF!!! If a pretty predominant POP singer from Atlanta was down with the Khomeini salute then who am I to question?? I stand corrected..

You kinda answered the overriding question with your first comment tho...
-
Hey cockaholic, imagine an entire platoon of middle fingers coming your way.
Joe Namath Kenny Stabler Jim Kelly and Brett Favre would have done it.
WSS
But they didn't...
I used to oversee a large construction Co. group of people.. There were always one or two guys out of the couple hundred that by their own actions ended up wearing duct tape signs on their backs at the end of the day to the grocery store and then home that said.. "I like it up the ass".. Or having someone piss in their tin of Skoal..
JF is starting to remind me a lot of those guys..ohcrap.gif
But they didn't...
I used to oversee a large construction Co. group of people.. There were always one or two guys out of the couple hundred that by their own actions ended up wearing duct tape signs on their backs at the end of the day to the grocery store and then home that said.. "I like it up the ass".. Or having someone piss in their tin of Skoal..
JF is starting to remind me a lot of those guys..ohcrap.gif
I pray those guys realized there was piss in their skoal although a grown man that dips skoal probably deserves it.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
Nope.....just pointing out the stupidity in your statement.
Well at least it upset a few Squeeler trolls and that's a bonus.
WSS
-
And yet I'm not spending my time on a Pittsburgh Steeler board crying about the Washington fucking Redskins getting flipped off.@douche-nozzle said:
You have lofty goals there Steve
WSS
-
Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?
I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.
-
Johnny Manziel started losing this job right after the draft when he partied his brains out. Continued losing it right through middle finger
-
This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.
Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.
Tom Brady gives a Fuck
Payton Manning gives a Fuck
Andrew Luck gives a Fuck
" rel="external nofollow">This thread is a perfect example of the double standard. It's preseason. And it's football, not knitting class. There plenty of "fuck you's" flying around at any given moment on a football field, whether verbal or hand gesture, it's the same thing. In fact, it's no different than the "fucks" and "shits" that get bleeped out of most of today's pop music and daytime TV, or when you can clearly lip read the vulgarity that comes out of a lot of these "professionals" mouths. It doesn't really matter how it's communicated, a "fuck you" is a "fuck you", but what the real issue is here, is WHO it is coming from. When rules only apply to certain people, that is a double standard. Anyone else can get away with this without a peep from the media. The ONLY reason this is an issue, is because the networks KNOW that anything they put out on the air about JF will be watched by millions, so they find ANY reason to create DRAMA, because most of their viewers subconciously want to watch soap operas with their wives. Society has turned into a bunch of nancies, and the double standard is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country today. Personally, I like his brand of football and fiery competitiveness. If I wanted to watch a "classy" sport, I'd watch golf or tennis. Acting like football is this safe-haven for choir boys is ridiculous. And spare me the whole shtick about "he should know better" and "this proves he isn't ready". Yes, he should know better than to give the media any more ammo, but let's face it, if this were not covered by the media as a storyline, NOBODY would give a shit. It's not that people care that it happened, it's that it came from Johnny, AND it's that Browns fans are tired of being the punchline in an ongoing joke, and then you have the haters out there.
Before passing judgement on someone, look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have ever done the same before being a hypocrite and condemning this type of behavior. Not saying it is right, there is a time and place for it, but I wasn't offended by it either. I know none of you have been in JF's situation, but this is what I am talking about with the double standard. We all can sit on our internet soapbox and scold people from afar, anonymously, and act like we are sooo much better than that, but we all know that the truth is, it's mostly just jealousy. And low self-esteem. If you are embarrassed because a kid threw the bird at someone else, it's probably because your life is so lame that you have to live vicariously through a football team and when a player from your favorite team acts a certain way, it somehow reflects bad on you so you have to tear the kid down in self-preservation. THAT is LAME! I have been a fan of a losing team, but NEVER turned on the players, and NEVER felt inferior because my favorite football team wasn't winning, or when they did things that were totally classless. I know who I am, and don't need a football team to dictate my identity or validate my character as a man.
For those of you saying no other QBs use that word in a football game, here are a few other prominent QB's that were listed above, giving a few fucks. It's not the bird, but the actual word that the gesture represents, which is just as bad if not worse. It's football, and if you are offended by that type of language or behavior, try a different sport. I hear ballet and figure skating needs a few fans.
Tom Brady gives a Fuck
Payton Manning gives a Fuck
Andrew Luck gives a Fuck
" rel="external nofollow">This is the post of the year...2 thumbs up!
-
His stock went up in my book. Id be frustrated as hell, the penalties, the dropped passes, being under a microscope, fighting for your career. You guys flip out on this board when someone looks at you wrong. Nice to see he is human.
His stock went up in my book. Id be frustrated as hell, the penalties, the dropped passes, being under a microscope, fighting for your career. You guys flip out on this board when someone looks at you wrong. Nice to see he is human.
Isn't that just life and having a career in sports? Penalties and drops happen in every game, as far as being under the microscope and fighting for his career, well duh, he's a rookie looking to be "The Man", if that rattles him, well best he should be moving on ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
