Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
He is....I guess that's a good sign for Manziel
-
Wilson won a super bowl, he's better at this point in time.
When johnny plays at the same level I'll give him that credit.
-
Wilson - 72.8% comp. 191.8 Rate. 33 TDs, 4 INTs (in 309 pass attempts) 338 rush yds. 6 rush TDs (in 79 rush attempts) - in 2011
Manziel - 69.9% comp. 172.9 Rate. 37 TDs. 13 INTs (in 429 pass attempts) 759 rush yds, 9 rush TDs (in 144 rush attempts) - in 2013
hmm.... way better huh??
how about the same, and now Wilson is a SUPERBOWL CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how about the same, and now Wilson is a SUPERBOWL CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and he did very little QB-wise to put up the points seattle did. yes he moved the chains when needed to, but the special teams and WR efforts (kearse and harvin) far outdid anything wilson did. a QB passing league? yeah ok. didn't manning set a completion record tonite and their asses are smeared all over the jersey turnpike.
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
-
Take him if he is there. Period.
(I hate QB's , but we need one behind Hoyer)
Sorry Roach- I don't know what Super Bowl you just watched- but the Seahawks won that game with a stellar defense and a third round quarterback calling the shots. They probably would have won that game with Brandon Weeden at quarterback, certainly with Hoyer. You don't win games when the other team forces 4 turnovers.
Seattle made Peyton Manning look like Peyton Crapola- he had miniscule windows to throw into the whole game, and his receivers were getting killed on all the short stuff he was trying- until the 'Hawks justifiably went into prevent mode being up by 30. . BTW I remember Lawrence Taylor & Co. making Joe Montana look like Joe Blow in a playoff game way back.
There's two ways to win a football game- score more points than the other guys- or make the other guys score fewer points than you do.
I just hope this defensive tour de force by the Seahawks shuts up the qb homos for a week or two.
-
When they got pressure on Manning he was awful...his throws were way off and he couldn't move at all.
A QB like Manziel woulda scrambled and made something outa nothing in some of those situations.A scrabling QB woulda made that a different superbowl.
I magine Manziel rolling out of the pocket where the Doomy D cant just rush one area of the field make them cover the whole field.
Just sayin
-
tag or fag? lol Im not gay BTW
-
I bought one he signed for me about a year ago...Its in my trophy case beside Weedens potential
-
Sometimes he gets his favorite fans to do it too. I heard it's the only way he can get off these days.
-
-
Take him if he is there. Period.
(I hate QB's , but we need one behind Hoyer)
Sorry Roach- I don't know what Super Bowl you just watched- but the Seahawks won that game with a stellar defense and a third round quarterback calling the shots. They probably would have won that game with Brandon Weeden at quarterback, certainly with Hoyer. You don't win games when the other team forces 4 turnovers.
Seattle made Peyton Manning look like Peyton Crapola- he had miniscule windows to throw into the whole game, and his receivers were getting killed on all the short stuff he was trying- until the 'Hawks justifiably went into prevent mode being up by 30. . BTW I remember Lawrence Taylor & Co. making Joe Montana look like Joe Blow in a playoff game way back.
There's two ways to win a football game- score more points than the other guys- or make the other guys score fewer points than you do.
I just hope this defensive tour de force by the Seahawks shuts up the qb homos for a week or two.
Sorry Roach- I don't know what Super Bowl you just watched- but the Seahawks won that game with a stellar defense and a third round quarterback calling the shots. They probably would have won that game with Brandon Weeden at quarterback, certainly with Hoyer. You don't win games when the other team forces 4 turnovers.
Wheezy? LOL, you know I'm with you on the D-thing, h, but ya gotta keep it real...
Defense set the tone to be sure, but as I wrote in Z's SB edition of "This Week...":
- as I watched Wilson throwing quick slants from the pocket I thought of Hoyer, but...
- as I watched Wilson rolling left and throwing strikes downfield, I thought of Manziel, but...
- as I watched Wilson smartly running to the safety of the sidelines for positive yardage, while I really thought of neither, I especially did not think of Manziel.
I think Manziel can be as good as Wilson, but I am not convinced he will be. Mostly because he is currently not the smart runner that Wilson is.
At least Hoyer had the self-preservation instinct... he was just a bit short on the execution. Hopefully he'll have another chance to execute better in 2014.
-
how about the same, and now Wilson is a SUPERBOWL CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and he did very little QB-wise to put up the points seattle did. yes he moved the chains when needed to, but the special teams and WR efforts (kearse and harvin) far outdid anything wilson did. a QB passing league? yeah ok. didn't manning set a completion record tonite and their asses are smeared all over the jersey turnpike.
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
HOLY THREAD MERGER BATMAN!
and he did very little QB-wise to put up the points seattle did. yes he moved the chains when needed to, but the special teams and WR efforts (kearse and harvin) far outdid anything wilson did. a QB passing league?
"Far outdid"? C'mon man... Making it tough to support you, mik, with hyperbolic statements like that.
-
@hoorta said:
Oooh, those rocket armed QBs We-Done and Andersuck sure got us somewhere. It's all about reading the defense, getting the ball out fast, and anticipating your receivers breaking open. Unless the guy is a total noodle arm (Ken Dorsey) I'll take accuracy over velocity every time. I've never heard "rocket arm" attributed to Peyton Manning.
Manning had a very strong arm before his surgery.
You can be successful in the NFL without a rocket if you do all the things you mentioned and you have amazing accuracy, like Joe Montana or the Bronco Manning.
But why are we discussing accuracy versus velocity instead of discussing the prospects that have both?
Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles and Carr all have major league arms, right? And they've shown good accuracy. There's four guys better than Janine ... and we have the fourth pick. So, we're going to pass on a QB, grab a wr or de or something, and then settle for a prospect that is not as highly regarded? We're talking about Quarterback here ... get the best prospect and don't look back. If he doesn't work out, oh well, you tried ... maybe we'll get lucky and Hoyer or a 5th round pick will be the guy ... but if we don't try for the best, we're stupid.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Manning had a very strong arm before his surgery.
You can be successful in the NFL without a rocket if you do all the things you mentioned and you have amazing accuracy, like Joe Montana or the Bronco Manning.
But why are we discussing accuracy versus velocity instead of discussing the prospects that have both?
Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles and Carr all have major league arms, right? And they've shown good accuracy. There's four guys better than Janine ... and we have the fourth pick. So, we're going to pass on a QB, grab a wr or de or something, and then settle for a prospect that is not as highly regarded? We're talking about Quarterback here ... get the best prospect and don't look back. If he doesn't work out, oh well, you tried ... maybe we'll get lucky and Hoyer or a 5th round pick will be the guy ... but if we don't try for the best, we're stupid.
Zombo
I was in line in the Las Vegas Airport once right behind Janeane (not Janine).

-
Sorry Roach- I don't know what Super Bowl you just watched- but the Seahawks won that game with a stellar defense and a third round quarterback calling the shots. They probably would have won that game with Brandon Weeden at quarterback, certainly with Hoyer. You don't win games when the other team forces 4 turnovers.
Wheezy? LOL, you know I'm with you on the D-thing, h, but ya gotta keep it real...
Defense set the tone to be sure, but as I wrote in Z's SB edition of "This Week...":
- as I watched Wilson throwing quick slants from the pocket I thought of Hoyer, but...
- as I watched Wilson rolling left and throwing strikes downfield, I thought of Manziel, but...
- as I watched Wilson smartly running to the safety of the sidelines for positive yardage, while I really thought of neither, I especially did not think of Manziel.
I think Manziel can be as good as Wilson, but I am not convinced he will be. Mostly because he is currently not the smart runner that Wilson is.
At least Hoyer had the self-preservation instinct... he was just a bit short on the execution. Hopefully he'll have another chance to execute better in 2014.
So most of your concern with Manziel is him avoiding contact? Would you rather try teaching a QB instincts, focus, accuracy, and pocket presence. .....or teach a guy to get all u can before getting down, or out of bounds?Wheezy? LOL, you know I'm with you on the D-thing, h, but ya gotta keep it real...
Defense set the tone to be sure, but as I wrote in Z's SB edition of "This Week...":
- as I watched Wilson throwing quick slants from the pocket I thought of Hoyer, but...
- as I watched Wilson rolling left and throwing strikes downfield, I thought of Manziel, but...
- as I watched Wilson smartly running to the safety of the sidelines for positive yardage, while I really thought of neither, I especially did not think of Manziel.
At least Hoyer had the self-preservation instinct... he was just a bit short on the execution. Hopefully he'll have another chance to execute better in 2014.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login