Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • I suspect a safari this week pending the decision on starting QB. Much rage if it's Hoyer, many sky high if it's Manziel.

    I hope IF it's Hoyer next week and they struggle on offense that they pull him very early. Don't want to see the guy get boo'd off the field by his hometown,would rather see him head to the sidelines before that happens.

    But then again, I feel like they should probably make their decision tomorrow after tape rather than split reps and flip a coin.

  • I agree. Brian seemed to spread it around more without Puffy. Hawk in the slot was invisible today.

    @d-bone said:

    I agree. Brian seemed to spread it around more without Puffy. Hawk in the slot was invisible today.

    Oh thank God, I thought I may have gone full Retard ! LOL

  • Tito1 said:

    Manziel is the only person worth a damn in Cleveland

    Gordon is a pothead and the rest have no athletic ability

    STFU buffalo patty, I am sure the Bills are proud of having fans like you.

  • Tito1 said:

    Manziel is the only person worth a damn in Cleveland

    Gordon is a pothead and the rest have no athletic ability

    STFU buffalo patty, I am sure the Bills are proud of having fans like you.

    @jcam222 said:

    STFU buffalo patty, I am sure the Bills are proud of having fans like you.

    yeah...lots of respect for an assclown who registers here after the game is over to talk trash. The ones that were here all week deserve the opportunity to gloat since they took a lot of shit all week (all in fun) but to register and show up after the game is the move of a real pussy.

  • Am I the only one that thinks that our offense was not better but more in sync before Gordon came back ? It just seems that if Gordon gets the ball early such as on slants he's more productive. He and Hoyer haven't really been on the same page and I think Hoyer's trying to force him the ball at times. There were four or five last week and again this week where Hoyer and Gordon just weren't on the same page. Or (as the almighty wise Walter says) I'm just fucking Retarded.

    GO BROWNS !

    @darkside5 said:

    Am I the only one that thinks that our offense was not better but more in sync before Gordon came back ? It just seems that if Gordon gets the ball early such as on slants he's more productive. He and Hoyer haven't really been on the same page and I think Hoyer's trying to force him the ball at times. There were four or five last week and again this week where Hoyer and Gordon just weren't on the same page. Or (as the almighty wise Walter says) I'm just fucking Retarded.GO BROWNS !

    Nope, I also noticed this. The INT on the pass to Gordon was partly Gordon's fault as they were facing Cover 2 and Gordon was supposed to break inside in front of the defender.

  • If Pettine really makes the decision it will be Hoyer, higher up the ladder, it's Manziel.

  • Can't even remember how this escalated, but it's boring. Bottom line, I believe Johnny will succeed in the NFL, regardless of who likes him, who doesn't, who thinks he doesn't work hard enough even though they have no idea how hard he's working, or who thinks his stats don't matter but his "incidents" do. NFL history might be against me, Browns history is definitely against me, but Johnny Manziel history is on my side.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Can't even remember how this escalated, but it's boring.

    I do... because you're a close minded ass-clown.

  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Can't even remember how this escalated, but it's boring.

    I do... because you're a close minded ass-clown.

    @tour2ma said:

    I do... because you're a close minded ass-clown.

    Here Ye ( or is it Hear Ye?)

  • Manziel, came in and played well. Hoyer has looked pretty rancid the last few games. If Pettine is sticking with his philosophy of sticking with the hot hand., manziel is in.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel, came in and played well. Hoyer has looked pretty rancid the last few games. If Pettine is sticking with his philosophy of sticking with the hot hand., manziel is in.

    Unfortunately the QB position is really the only one that requires more of a steady presence than a "hot hand". You can do that with RB's and WR's, not your "franchise" position.

  • The window is quickly closing on hoyer. I've been a supporter of him because he's been winning. He's been winning ugly for a while, now we have another loss, and it seems he's regressing.

    Hoyer had a quick release, was fairly accurate, and played smart football. Haven't seen that hoyer for a while.

    Glad I don't have to make the decision who starts. I'm leaning towards manziel but I can see the argument for either qb

  • This goes back to my original gripe about the draft. They would be so much better if they would learn how to draft in the first round. Since they wasted their two first picks on Gilbert and Manziel its Farmer in the hot seat, not Pettine. Pettine has done an extremely good job considering no big tall wide receivers and injuries galore on defense. Pettine and Shanahan should be commended. As for Manziel, they'd better play him no matter what to decide if once again, they blew it in the first round.

    @opal312 said:

    This goes back to my original gripe about the draft. They would be so much better if they would learn how to draft in the first round. Since they wasted their two first picks on Gilbert and Manziel its Farmer in the hot seat, not Pettine. Pettine has done an extremely good job considering no big tall wide receivers and injuries galore on defense. Pettine and Shanahan should be commended. As for Manziel, they'd better play him no matter what to decide if once again, they blew it in the first round.

    I'd echo this. Gilbert hasn't shown much in year 1 and I really think "Johnny's our guy" was some serious PR bullshit.

  • Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

  • Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

    @browns23 said:

    Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

  • Everyone is eager to see what Johnny can do and if you say you're not you're a liar. Maybe he's great maybe he's shit. But you want to see for yourself don't you?

  • @browns23 said:

    Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    @browns149 said:

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    You keep him in the pocket and see if you can disguise defenses to see if he makes the right reads.

    And you smash his ass when's he's outside the pocket.

  • @browns23 said:

    Well it looks like after putting Manziel in there will be a difficulty in not starting him in this weeks game. The one problem is that the Colts have an entire week to prepare for Johnny Manziel so don't expect him to have any flawless drives like he did today against the Bills who did not prepare for him. I was all for playing Hoyer the remainder of the season, but unfortunately his play has been deteriorating over the past 5 games so he has forced Pettine's hand. Brian doesn't look like he has that confidence he had earlier in the season, and we all know Johnny has no shortage of confidence. It really sucks that Mack had to go down because that has really destroyed our promising running game. I am all for whichever Quarterback is going to give us the best shot to get us to the playoffs, and at this point you have to go with Manziel.

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    @browns149 said:

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

  • Tony Dungy said start Johnny

  • @browns149 said:

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

    @browns23 said:

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

    RG3 never had a big arm

  • @browns149 said:

    How does a team prepare for a guy with a big arm that can run?

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

    @browns23 said:

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

    OK lets start Hoyer again

  • @browns23 said:

    Ask teams that defended RGIII??

    RG3 never had a big arm

    @browns149 said:

    RG3 never had a big arm

    That's a joke right? RGIII has an absolute cannon.