Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
In response to a separate thought train... I think whether or not we draft a QB late will entirely rest upon how highly Shaw is regarded.
Yep. And, assuming Hoyer is gone....
then you gotta assume JFF will be #1 next year.....automatically....and without major competition. I doubt we'll sign a "starter type" or draft a QB high enough to be considered serious competition.....so the discussion will turn to "who's the back up?"....shaw or ????
I liked the little we saw of Shaw and do think he's an ideal match for JFF....hope he's doing well.....real well....

If we DON't draft or sign a serious QB candidate, then I guess we'll know what the Browns think of Johnny AND Shaw
Yep. And, assuming Hoyer is gone....
then you gotta assume JFF will be #1 next year.....automatically....and without major competition. I doubt we'll sign a "starter type" or draft a QB high enough to be considered serious competition.....so the discussion will turn to "who's the back up?"....shaw or ????
I liked the little we saw of Shaw and do think he's an ideal match for JFF....hope he's doing well.....real well....

If we DON't draft or sign a serious QB candidate, then I guess we'll know what the Browns think of Johnny AND Shaw
Shaw did look good in what little action we saw. I would feel more comfortable with a veteran backup in case both shit the bed.
-
So far I have seen Trent dilfer Steve Young, mike golic, and some ESPN poll of fans, all saying hoyer should start. Personally I don't care, especially about dilfer who has always had some weird thing with us ever since he was on our team. But I just thought it was interesting that all the talking heads are saying hoyer should start.
Thoughts?
If its the same poll I heard on kNR today it was 51-49.So far I have seen Trent dilfer Steve Young, mike golic, and some ESPN poll of fans, all saying hoyer should start. Personally I don't care, especially about dilfer who has always had some weird thing with us ever since he was on our team. But I just thought it was interesting that all the talking heads are saying hoyer should start.
Thoughts?
Also went state by state. Ironically Ohio went with Johnny. Of course as Bill Belichick once said if you start listening to the fans pretty soon you'll be sitting with them.
WSS
-
Much better
-
So far I have seen Trent dilfer Steve Young, mike golic, and some ESPN poll of fans, all saying hoyer should start. Personally I don't care, especially about dilfer who has always had some weird thing with us ever since he was on our team. But I just thought it was interesting that all the talking heads are saying hoyer should start.
Thoughts?
So far I have seen Trent dilfer Steve Young, mike golic, and some ESPN poll of fans, all saying hoyer should start. Personally I don't care, especially about dilfer who has always had some weird thing with us ever since he was on our team. But I just thought it was interesting that all the talking heads are saying hoyer should start.
Thoughts?
I noted before that by and large the former players are saying Hoyer and by and large the writers/ talking heads are saying Manziel.
Primary reason behind the former player's stance is "the locker room".
Primary for the heads is "the story".
@everlastingxxx said:
People who actually watch and follow the Browns are ready for a change. They know how exceptional the defense has been this season and understand the strength of the schedule has played a factor. The talking heads just regurgitate each other's baby food.
How many 2014 games are you up to now?
-
hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!
My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.
hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!
My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.
being fair has nothing to do with it....these guys are both pros, they're being paid to play and/or be ready to play.....so manziel hasn't had as much time with the 1's as hoyer has....that's immaterial.....who has the best chance of winning the fucking game, that's what counts...that and at some point it makes corporate sense to see if manziel can cut it or not.....he may not have had as much time with the 1's but he's had time with the playbook and the practice squad...no back up has ever had as much time with the 1's as the starter....but back ups come in and become starters themselves all the time....if i thought hoyer was some how magically going to start playing better than he has of late and could win the game, i'd start him....if, more realistically, i thought hoyer would continue playing about as good/bad as he has, i'd sit him and go with manziel....
there's 4 more games to play in the regular season.....the only thing that matters at this point is who is playing the best at the moment and gives the team the best chance of winning....that's what pettine and company need to decide.....i'm sure both manziel and hoyer think they are the ones that should start.....but give me a fucking break, it's not their decision.....
-
Mudfly-not afraid of his long term skills, just afraid of how quickly the Browns have given up on QB's in the past. 4 games in one season to decide whether to draft another as some have suggested here is not good policy. But the Browns have that history. I want him to be given the time to become a great QB. That is hard enough to do in one season as we can see from the other struggling rookies. But 1/4 season would be ridiculous. Some on this board would be quick to desert him if he doesn't do what he did the first possession last Sunday multiple times a game. Yes, I still think he is one special kind of talent. It will show.
-
I have a feeling this might be more you guys' speed.
NSFW, obviously.
Wait wut? You had that in your bag but you opened your set with the Johnny song? Dude, you ALWAYS open with the classics....gets the crowd into it early. Noob
Wait wut? You had that in your bag but you opened your set with the Johnny song? Dude, you ALWAYS open with the classics....gets the crowd into it early. Noob
Well, the reason I posted the Johnny song is because it is Cleveland Browns related. Seeing that this is a Cleveland Browns forum, I thought that made the most sense. While I am aware that it is not my greatest work, I do think that there are some chuckles to be had in this little ditty. Hammer and Emmett seemed to think so when they played it this afternoon.
-
well it's also Christmas time and everybody appreciates a classic being sodomized and otherwise grossly violated, so you would have been perfectly in the clear to start it off with the 2nd vid.
-
I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?
-
I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?
I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?
Yes, it's all real, and I play/sing it all. No canned drums here! I have a very modest recording setup in my basement, ready to go at all times. I unexpectedly had the day off yesterday, so I decided to put this together. It took about 6 hours from initial concept to being posted on the Internet.
I'd imagine that if the members of this forum were to come together on the lyrics, we could put together a much more hilarious parody. Words are not really my strong suit.
-
hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!
My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.
hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!
My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.
Hmm, if Pettine thinks JFF is ready- he ready. Mike will be the last guy in the world to cave into fan pressure. As Buddy Ryan said- "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL." I think you can realize in this crazy year- anybody can beat anybody.
As I posted in the Stocky got canned thread- Hoyer's situational stats are pretty good. But- if you're going to make the switch- now is the time. If you want to make the playoffs- you had better be able to beat the best.
There is no way this move is being made due to fan pressure....not a chance.
And there is no way we will make a long term decision on JFF, based only upon the next four games. Not a chance(again)
He will get the same consideration Hoyer got, if not more. At least a full season, Id guess. So...next four games, if he gets them, are just an attempt to keep winning and a sure indication that the coach(es) have lost confidence in BH....
Do I sense some fear that JFF isn't gonna be the man you've been ranting about for 8 months now? Lining up the excuses just in case?

-
Grain of salt. When they took weedens dumb ass out and put hoyer in there was a new excitement to the team.
Anytime a new qb comes in, it'll cause a stir.
-
From Mary Kay's article this is a quite interesting take on JF AND Shaw:
Quote:
Winn has practiced a lot against both Manziel and practice squad quarterback Connor Shaw, who run the scout and simulate the opposing team's quarterbacks. Manziel has admitted he'll sometimes go off script and improvise like he does in a game.
"Both of those guys, they're definitely ready,'' said Winn. "If they have to step up and play in a game, they know the playbook, they know their checks, their audibles, they know everything they need to do. They're really smart guys and they're professionals, otherwise they wouldn't be in this business.''
He said he's (Manziel) gotten better each week in practice despite sitting for eight straight games.
"When he's here in the building, it's all business with him,'' said Winn. "Johnny keeps his head down, keeps his nose clean and he does what he needs to do as a quarterback. He's really involved.''
As a defensive linemen, Winn has seen first-hand what the fleet-footed, nimble Manziel can do to a defense.
"It makes you hesitate because the kid can take off and go,'' said Winn. "He can fly. Johnny can fly. It's exciting. He's definitely an exciting guy to watch.
"You never know what he's going to do. You want a quarterback that can stay in the pocket and put it where it needs to be, but he's one of these guys that if his read's not there, he's going to take off and pick up what he can get.''
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a side note to the above quote is that one thing I have seen every game he ever played in is that when he takes off he is always still looking over the entire field until he either hits the LOS or he sees he can make the first down on his own to move the sticks. One of the best I ever saw who can throw like a shortstop running full speed to his off hand (left).
-
^^^ words don't mean shit. Prove it.
-
He will have the chance to do that for the rest of the season.
Embrace it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login