Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Mudfly-not afraid of his long term skills, just afraid of how quickly the Browns have given up on QB's in the past. 4 games in one season to decide whether to draft another as some have suggested here is not good policy. But the Browns have that history. I want him to be given the time to become a great QB. That is hard enough to do in one season as we can see from the other struggling rookies. But 1/4 season would be ridiculous. Some on this board would be quick to desert him if he doesn't do what he did the first possession last Sunday multiple times a game. Yes, I still think he is one special kind of talent. It will show.

  • @billy-cool said:

    I have a feeling this might be more you guys' speed.

    NSFW, obviously.

    Wait wut? You had that in your bag but you opened your set with the Johnny song? Dude, you ALWAYS open with the classics....gets the crowd into it early. Noob

    @clevfan4life said:

    Wait wut? You had that in your bag but you opened your set with the Johnny song? Dude, you ALWAYS open with the classics....gets the crowd into it early. Noob

    Well, the reason I posted the Johnny song is because it is Cleveland Browns related. Seeing that this is a Cleveland Browns forum, I thought that made the most sense. While I am aware that it is not my greatest work, I do think that there are some chuckles to be had in this little ditty. Hammer and Emmett seemed to think so when they played it this afternoon.

  • well it's also Christmas time and everybody appreciates a classic being sodomized and otherwise grossly violated, so you would have been perfectly in the clear to start it off with the 2nd vid.

  • I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?

  • I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I made it throught the first one. I'll give it a not bad. I mostly concerned myself with the instrumentation though. Real drums, sounds like it. Do you play everything yourself?

    Yes, it's all real, and I play/sing it all. No canned drums here! I have a very modest recording setup in my basement, ready to go at all times. I unexpectedly had the day off yesterday, so I decided to put this together. It took about 6 hours from initial concept to being posted on the Internet.

    I'd imagine that if the members of this forum were to come together on the lyrics, we could put together a much more hilarious parody. Words are not really my strong suit.

  • listening to last years song makes me realize how much better we are this year

  • hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!

    My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.

    @texasag1969 said:

    hoorta-I see you ventured over here. LOL!

    My one and only concern is that a 4 game trial after almost no 1's practice time is totally unfair to JF, especially considering the schedule. That is a GM's recipe for disaster for the team and the player. Let BH finish out the season and if he screws the pooch make it clear from day one next year that JF is the new QB and give him all the reps with a good long stint in the position. If Brian does well and the team finishes reasonably, then he keeps his job and the Browns have a QB. To get it back for another year because a rook can't produce under the worst 4 game scenario is a foolish concession to fan pressure and certainly a ridiculous way to plan next year's potential drafting of the next Cleveland QB savior.

    Hmm, if Pettine thinks JFF is ready- he ready. Mike will be the last guy in the world to cave into fan pressure. As Buddy Ryan said- "ain't no Coastal Carolinas in the NFL." I think you can realize in this crazy year- anybody can beat anybody.

    As I posted in the Stocky got canned thread- Hoyer's situational stats are pretty good. But- if you're going to make the switch- now is the time. If you want to make the playoffs- you had better be able to beat the best.

    @mudfly said:

    There is no way this move is being made due to fan pressure....not a chance.

    And there is no way we will make a long term decision on JFF, based only upon the next four games. Not a chance(again)

    He will get the same consideration Hoyer got, if not more. At least a full season, Id guess. So...next four games, if he gets them, are just an attempt to keep winning and a sure indication that the coach(es) have lost confidence in BH....

    Do I sense some fear that JFF isn't gonna be the man you've been ranting about for 8 months now? Lining up the excuses just in case?

    🙂

  • @walterwhite said:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/03/players-say-johnny-manziel-made-everything-come-to-life/

    Grain of salt. When they took weedens dumb ass out and put hoyer in there was a new excitement to the team.

    Anytime a new qb comes in, it'll cause a stir.

  • From Mary Kay's article this is a quite interesting take on JF AND Shaw:

    Quote:

    Winn has practiced a lot against both Manziel and practice squad quarterback Connor Shaw, who run the scout and simulate the opposing team's quarterbacks. Manziel has admitted he'll sometimes go off script and improvise like he does in a game.

    "Both of those guys, they're definitely ready,'' said Winn. "If they have to step up and play in a game, they know the playbook, they know their checks, their audibles, they know everything they need to do. They're really smart guys and they're professionals, otherwise they wouldn't be in this business.''

    He said he's (Manziel) gotten better each week in practice despite sitting for eight straight games.

    "When he's here in the building, it's all business with him,'' said Winn. "Johnny keeps his head down, keeps his nose clean and he does what he needs to do as a quarterback. He's really involved.''

    As a defensive linemen, Winn has seen first-hand what the fleet-footed, nimble Manziel can do to a defense.

    "It makes you hesitate because the kid can take off and go,'' said Winn. "He can fly. Johnny can fly. It's exciting. He's definitely an exciting guy to watch.

    "You never know what he's going to do. You want a quarterback that can stay in the pocket and put it where it needs to be, but he's one of these guys that if his read's not there, he's going to take off and pick up what he can get.''

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Just a side note to the above quote is that one thing I have seen every game he ever played in is that when he takes off he is always still looking over the entire field until he either hits the LOS or he sees he can make the first down on his own to move the sticks. One of the best I ever saw who can throw like a shortstop running full speed to his off hand (left).

  • ^^^ words don't mean shit. Prove it.

  • He will have the chance to do that for the rest of the season.

    Embrace it.

  • And I'm not thrilled with the decision either way. I'm certainly disappointed that Brian Hoyer hasn't been better, but I don't want to see Johnny fail either.

    It would be a lot easier if brian had been from California. Still I don't expect miracles from Johnny. Regardless of his upside skill brains or anything else he's still a rookie and if he starts he will be leading a team into its toughest part of the schedule.

    WSS

  • @walterwhite said:

    So a defensive limeman thinks he's exciting and a wide receiver says they need to be prepared to correct him in the huddle.

    Sounds like a revolt.

    Zombo

  • He will have the chance to do that for the rest of the season.

    Embrace it.

    @ballpeen said:

    He will have the chance to do that for the rest of the season.

    Embrace it.

    Don't tell me what to do!

  • Yeah this Manziel breathes new life into the Browns isn't going to be the answer to continued success. He has to sustain it. They said the same thing about Hoyer last year when they pulled Weeden and leaped-frogged Campbell. I think Josh Gordon called him "more scrappy" or some such after their first win with Hoyer.

    If they start Manziel, I want the JFF fanboys to be RIGHT. Let's see that proclaimed magic, and roll 4 more wins to take the division. You can all tell me "I told you so" a thousand times and I'll be just fine with that.

  • "We just figure, as receivers, we have to work more," Benjamin said. "If Johnny comes in the huddle and he pronounces the play wrong, we've got to make sure we correct it. We've got to make sure we correct him. Offensive linemen, tight ends, all the receivers, all the running backs, we've just got to make sure we've got to be in form when he's in the game."

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/manziel-might--pronounce--play-wrong--but-browns-would-have-his-back-131913516.html

    Now that's a problem....i thought he's a smart dude? It's focking DECEMBER already and he still doesn't know his play book?

  • I'm actually rooting for Johnny to start.

    There's no denying it. Hoyer has struggled big time. I want to see what this Johnny fuss is all about.

  • I almost forgot this little gem. I wasn't able to get this one on the radio though, lol.

  • Angry Browns Fan has good lyrics but can't sing or perform. You have good sound, but lyrics kinda lacking IMO, as you readily admitted. I think you two need to combine forces.

    Zombo