Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Is broadcasting browns/bungles to 48% of the country including all of Texas. Might be good for you out of towners.

  • I think the shorter runners are less likely to get injured then the taller lankier ones.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think the shorter runners are less likely to get injured then the taller lankier ones.

    HA! midgets are less likely to get killed in pedestrian accidents too as cars just pass right over them.

  • One reason I'm psyched to see Johnny play is the Browns defense. Johnny should feel much less pressure to do "too much" because his defense is so good. I'm anxious to see how well he manages the game. One thing he was (hopefully still is) good at is third down. He's just a killer on converting third downs.

    As for Gilbert, I don't think it's a knock on him that he's not playing much. The strength at DB is just so good. What they did to Luck last week was amazing, and I see big trouble for Dalton.

  • retired from the madison ave ad biz when i was 48. (still working tho) no college necessary. just a quick wit and a keen creative mind.

    yeah that college thing......

    i guess you don't need a piece of paper to distinguish shit when you see it, hear it or smell it. i think you might fall into one of those categories.

    @miktoxic said:

    retired from the madison ave ad biz when i was 48. (still working tho) no college necessary. just a quick wit and a keen creative mind.

    yeah that college thing......

    i guess you don't need a piece of paper to distinguish shit when you see it, hear it or smell it. i think you might fall into one of those categories.

    r u the "plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is" guy......

  • I cannot wait. Whether you like JFF or not he will put asses in the seats. More people will probably watch this game than any Browns game this year.

  • I dont know. Maybe but the Thursday night bungles game probably got a lot of views

  • highly unlikely in the NYC/tri-state area...

    will have to suffer through gints/jets unless i want to fork out a couple hundred to get the fuck out of the house.

    hate to go to my annoying neighbor's house.........again, even though he has a new 75" UHD samsung joint.

    who knows maybe cbs does a double-header. i mean hasn't manziel been all the buzz since the draft?

  • New york is a media hub I wouldn't be shocked if it were shown there

  • nope. but i could use that product right now.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Its a Brownie. And what's wrong with that:

    Ever notice that the Brownie even looks a little like Johnny?AElzGG2.jpg

    so you're saying that johnny is a midget elf?

    @miktoxic said:

    so you're saying that johnny is a midget elf?

    Note the resemblence in the chin, the nose, the mouth, the eyes, even the shock of hair in the front. I guarantee that some time in the future that Johnny will dress up in the Brownie costume.....and the fans will love it.

  • @miktoxic said:

    ugg.

    now we got aggie fans arguing with each other about college football on a frickin NFL football team's forum.

    what a bunch of assholes.

    what are you guys 10 years old?

    here's the gist of what happens sunday. manziel looks great, great. manziel looks OK, great. manziel looks like he doesn't belong in the NFL.....not so great.

    I have a theory that 70-85% of die hard NFL fans 1) never graduated college with a 4 yr degree or 2) never graduated college with a football team worth a damn.

    I'm curious if you fall into one of those categories?

    @evan_aggie said:

    I have a theory that 70-85% of die hard NFL fans 1) never graduated college with a 4 yr degree or 2) never graduated college with a football team worth a damn.

    I'm curious if you fall into one of those categories?

    What a prick statement. So those who don't have a 4 year degree are beneath you? Those people who went to schools with shitty football programs dont know football themselves?

    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with do not have a degree.

    You degree only matters if you can back it up. Reading your post I believe you fall into this category.

  • @evan_aggie said:

    I have a theory that 70-85% of die hard NFL fans 1) never graduated college with a 4 yr degree or 2) never graduated college with a football team worth a damn.

    I'm curious if you fall into one of those categories?

    What a prick statement. So those who don't have a 4 year degree are beneath you? Those people who went to schools with shitty football programs dont know football themselves?

    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with do not have a degree.

    You degree only matters if you can back it up. Reading your post I believe you fall into this category.

    @usfbrown said:

    What a prick statement. So those who don't have a 4 year degree are beneath you? Those people who went to schools with shitty football programs dont know football themselves?

    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with do not have a degree.

    You degree only matters if you can back it up. Reading your post I believe you fall into this category.

    Pretty sure that was not what he meant.

  • I have a Phd. (Pretty Heavy Drinker).

  • I cannot wait. Whether you like JFF or not he will put asses in the seats. More people will probably watch this game than any Browns game this year.

    @hog-dog-mike said:

    I cannot wait. Whether you like JFF or not he will put asses in the seats. More people will probably watch this game than any Browns game this year.

    FYI, Browns games are always sold out....so no place to put more asses. Plus Browns games get about as much share as any local telecast.

  • I understand being a fan of a team, but I have never understood being a fan of a player to the extent that you follow him where ever he goes. Love Joe Thomas but if he gets traded to the Broncos, I'm sure as shit not buying a Joe Thomas Broncos jersey. I am a fan of the Browns. You aggie guys following Manziel here are just kind of sad. Be aggies fans, you cheered for Manziel, now let him the fuck go. There comes a point when you have to look yourself in the mirror and admit that you are a grown ass man who is following around and idolizing a 22yo boy.

  • @evan_aggie said:

    I have a theory that 70-85% of die hard NFL fans 1) never graduated college with a 4 yr degree or 2) never graduated college with a football team worth a damn.

    I'm curious if you fall into one of those categories?

    What a prick statement. So those who don't have a 4 year degree are beneath you? Those people who went to schools with shitty football programs dont know football themselves?

    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with do not have a degree.

    You degree only matters if you can back it up. Reading your post I believe you fall into this category.

    @usfbrown said:

    What a prick statement. So those who don't have a 4 year degree are beneath you? Those people who went to schools with shitty football programs dont know football themselves?

    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with do not have a degree.

    You degree only matters if you can back it up. Reading your post I believe you fall into this category.

    @miktoxic said:

    retired from the madison ave ad biz when i was 48. (still working tho) no college necessary. just a quick wit and a keen creative mind.

    yeah that college thing......

    i guess you don't need a piece of paper to distinguish shit when you see it, hear it or smell it. i think you might fall into one of those categories.

    I don't give a crap whether you have a degree or don't, nor did I even attempt to draw any conclusions about how successful people are in life one way or the other. I find it humorous how people read what they want to read. It's pretty obvious some of you are insecure about things given how defensive you were about my statement.

    The statement was made that I'm somehow a little kid because I'm a CFB fanboy. I'm simply retorting that most people who go to college with good football programs don't care as much about NFL teams. I actually end up following most NFL teams that have Aggies on them. So, I'm a fan of the Dolphins, Browns, Bucs, Bears. I like to see Aggies do well in the NFL. That's all there is to it. You shouldn't get all pissy when I give you a rational retort to a snide remark.

  • Look at this photo. Not much difference in stature really. Mod Edit: Hoyer is 2" taller. Perspective, same way they made the Hobbits look 3' tall like the player to Hoyer's right.

    browns-redskins-football.jpg?w=610

  • I understand being a fan of a team, but I have never understood being a fan of a player to the extent that you follow him where ever he goes. Love Joe Thomas but if he gets traded to the Broncos, I'm sure as shit not buying a Joe Thomas Broncos jersey. I am a fan of the Browns. You aggie guys following Manziel here are just kind of sad. Be aggies fans, you cheered for Manziel, now let him the fuck go. There comes a point when you have to look yourself in the mirror and admit that you are a grown ass man who is following around and idolizing a 22yo boy.

    @bonedawg said:

    I understand being a fan of a team, but I have never understood being a fan of a player to the extent that you follow him where ever he goes. Love Joe Thomas but if he gets traded to the Broncos, I'm sure as shit not buying a Joe Thomas Broncos jersey. I am a fan of the Browns. You aggie guys following Manziel here are just kind of sad. Be aggies fans, you cheered for Manziel, now let him the fuck go. There comes a point when you have to look yourself in the mirror and admit that you are a grown ass man who is following around and idolizing a 22yo boy.

    That's because we have different priorities, and again, I'm wondering if you fall into one of the two categories that I defined a few posts earlier 1) didn't go to college 2) didn't go to a college with a good football program.

    I am a die hard Aggie and will support former Ags everywhere. Did you know ALL of Texas (Dallas, Austin, SA, Houston) switched from covering the Packers v Bills to the Browns v Bengals because Manziel is starting? You guys just picked up a few million more in audience watching your game. Are you really going to bitch about it because we want to see how the undersized kid from Texas with a gunslinger and road runner mentality does? You think this is singled out to Aggies? Watch ratings across the country when Manziel is involved. It is Tebow 2.0. I'm sorry that ruined your day. By the way, the Browns have a good D or having a shitty QB in Hoyer hasn't made you any more relevant. Johnny has, and with that you get a bunch of idiots like me following the Browns. You are welcome, dumbass.

    Or would rather slip back into irrelevance and importance like you have been for the last 2 decades? At least that way you can worship your shitty team and pathetic results by yourselves. The alternative is you have a millions of people around the country wanting to see Manziel and the Browns tear it up and make the AFC look stupid.

  • Manziel and my Daughter share the same birthday... although 11 years apart. Pretty cool though. I share a birthday with Nicolas Cage. 😎

  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Hoorta

    The Texans not drafting him has mothing to do with how good he is or will be. Every team passed on Tom Brady and Joe Montana at least once. Does that mean they weren't good?

    Manziel is SO good that he's the only qb under 6 feet to be drafted in the first round in over 50 years. Teams are scared of small qb's, that's why so many passed on him.

    As well as lsu did against Johnny, the Aggies could have won in 2012, maybe should have won. In 2013, Johnny played with a fractured thumb.

    As for rolling to his left, I've seen few better at throwing while rolling left, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. I can think of 4 of his most famous Aggie highlights happening while rolling left. He rolled left against Buffalo once and threw a perfect pass to Austin.

    Gosh sakes, Manziel not getting drafted #1 overall had EVERYTHING to do what NFL teams (not College Fanboys) thought his eventual pro potential would be. RE: Brady & Montana- I've beat that argument into the ground already too. Pro scouts & GMs have a checklist of what they think qbs should be. Andrew Luck checked off all the boxes- it's why he went #1 overall, Brady, Montana, AND Manziel didn't. Well wah, wah- IF JFF was 3" taller, and had the off field demeanor of Mariota, he may well have been drafted #1 overall. He isn't, doesn't- that that's the facts, Jack. Yeah Dan Marino fell in the draft because of off field concerns- so get it through your head I'm not saying Manziel can't be a good, or even great qb in the NFL- he's got to prove it on the field too. In my case I'll believe he's the greatest thing to hit the NFL since the facemask when he's in the top 10 in qbr for a couple of years, and leads the Browns into the playoffs a couple of times.

    Let me point out a few things for you- I'm probably as big an Ohio State Homer as the A&M fans who have invaded of late, and I go back to the days of Paul Warfield, John Brockington, and Woody Hayes.

    Manziel won a Heisman. So? Archie Griffin won two. How did that work out in the pros?

    I was certain Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson was going to be the next Bruce Smith- well, guess I was wrong about that.

    It's the same reason why JFFs apologists not only can't see why he wasn't drafted #1 overall- they're blind to the flaws in his game at the pro level- and trust me they're there- IF you're being 1\2 objective about it. Johnny Jump ball to triple teamed Evans won't work in the NFL- taking off when your primary receiver is covered will sooner or later land you on IR. It only takes one mistake (RGIII) or fluke situation (Hoyer, Mack). Even guys as big as Kapernick and Newton are showing the wear and tear of getting pounded by taking off running. JF must learn, as Russell Wilson has- run if you HAVE to, not because you can. He's a smart kid- I really hope he's learned a thing or two since August.

    @tour2ma said:

    So the best way to set your boy up for success in skeptics' eyes is to raise expectations?

    Browns fans do not care whether JM wins us the game as long as we win the game.

    We do not care how much faith you or any other JM follower have in him.

    We do not care how much money he has made you.

    JM not losing us the game is our "bar".

    See how easy his job really is?

    May he not lose us many, many games for years to come. If he wins some, too, and makes you a few more bucks... all the better.

    Go Browns...

    Exactly.

    @canton-dawg said:

    He was rolling to his left when he threw wide to Benji.

    GO BROWNS!!

    A sample size of one. I'm not going to bother to list all the other JF shortcomings that were duly noted in his preseason games. He's had three months of quarterback boot camp to correct them.

    @hoorta said:

    Gosh sakes, Manziel not getting drafted #1 overall had EVERYTHING to do what NFL teams (not College Fanboys) thought his eventual pro potential would be. RE: Brady & Montana- I've beat that argument into the ground already too. Pro scouts & GMs have a checklist of what they think qbs should be. Andrew Luck checked off all the boxes- it's why he went #1 overall, Brady, Montana, AND Manziel didn't. Well wah, wah- IF JFF was 3" taller, and had the off field demeanor of Mariota, he may well have been drafted #1 overall. He isn't, doesn't- that that's the facts, Jack. Yeah Dan Marino fell in the draft because of off field concerns- so get it through your head I'm not saying Manziel can't be a good, or even great qb in the NFL- he's got to prove it on the field too. In my case I'll believe he's the greatest thing to hit the NFL since the facemask when he's in the top 10 in qbr for a couple of years, and leads the Browns into the playoffs a couple of times.

    Let me point out a few things for you- I'm probably as big an Ohio State Homer as the A&M fans who have invaded of late, and I go back to the days of Paul Warfield, John Brockington, and Woody Hayes.

    Manziel won a Heisman. So? Archie Griffin won two. How did that work out in the pros?

    I was certain Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson was going to be the next Bruce Smith- well, guess I was wrong about that.

    It's the same reason why JFFs apologists not only can't see why he wasn't drafted #1 overall- they're blind to the flaws in his game at the pro level- and trust me they're there- IF you're being 1\2 objective about it. Johnny Jump ball to triple teamed Evans won't work in the NFL- taking off when your primary receiver is covered will sooner or later land you on IR. It only takes one mistake (RGIII) or fluke situation (Hoyer, Mack). Even guys as big as Kapernick and Newton are showing the wear and tear of getting pounded by taking off running. JF must learn, as Russell Wilson has- run if you HAVE to, not because you can. He's a smart kid- I really hope he's learned a thing or two since August.

    Exactly.

    A sample size of one. I'm not going to bother to list all the other JF shortcomings that were duly noted in his preseason games. He's had three months of quarterback boot camp to correct them.

    i think we can all agree that where you are drafted is no guarantee that you will be "great" or even "successful"...johnny unitas, my pick for best ever, was drafted in the ninth round and then wasn't even given a chance in preseason practice, and released outright.....the colts picked him up basically as a walk-on....hell, manziel wan't that highly recruited out of high school...tu never even made him an offer, even though manziel would have probably gone there if they had (as long as it was at quarterback)....so bottom line...the so called experts are often dead wrong about who will succeed and who won't.....we certainly know manziel succeeded in college....remains to be seen if he can do the same in the pros...but maybe now he will get a chance.....that's all unitas needed, hopefully that's all manziel will need.....