Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @tml1138 said:

    Hell I hope so. All the wind left my sails at the moment. Really not prepared to sustain another first round QB bust.

    Manziel damn you don't be a bust.

    We should have traded him to jerrah when we had the chance.

    @bbedward said:

    We should have traded him to jerrah when we had the chance.

    If the coaches/FO held him back this long because they knew he wasn't ready, and thought he wasn't going to be fixable...oh yeah.

    If Jerrah would've picked him at #16 (I think it was), then who would we have today? Bridgewater? Eh..what does it matter. As ballpeen has repeated here...We Are Johnny Football. Sigh.

    Do it Manziel. You don't have to win these last two games (it would be nice though), but please show us some signs of life.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Its called muscle memory. The guys has gone his entire life as a qb playing one way. Unless you work on overcoming those instincts you have moulded, which takes a long time, you'll fall back to what you're acclimated to.

    Tebow was supposed to get his windmill mechanics fixed. Hey it worked for two throws. When the game got heated he was back to wind milling passes.

    Its just human nature.

    Yes but I don't think manziels mechanics are too bad. At least the upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics a different story. Momentum wrong way, footwork, etc). Obviously he looks good on pro day and what not, but that's not the same.

    They all suffer under pressure, but that's expected.

    Anyway tebows were/are much worse. Manziels are correctable, with time and practice. Most of manziels issues are self induced unnecessarily

    Hoyer has pretty solid mechanics that only faultered due to his mind, and has an excellent release (high, fast, etc). He just suffered by sensing pressure that didn't exist and getting off balance. I think with more confidence in the blockers he'd be fine 😉 not to sound like a cock slobber but my opinion is definitely to keep him around.

    The real argument for manziel was that he overcame some of his sloppy mechanics by his athleticism and intelligence, which is probably true but if you can't keep everything clean in a clean pocket you won't succeed in the NFL.

    @bbedward said:

    Yes but I don't think manziels mechanics are too bad. At least the upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics a different story. Momentum wrong way, footwork, etc). Obviously he looks good on pro day and what not, but that's not the same.

    They all suffer under pressure, but that's expected.

    Agree... JM's footwork was nearly flawless in his Buffalo appearance. It only faltered on two throws and both were due to pressure in his face.

  • You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    @tacosman said:

    You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if Manziel throws for 300 and 3 TDs against Carolina, what then?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

  • @tacosman said:

    You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if Manziel throws for 300 and 3 TDs against Carolina, what then?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    Wait... "JFF haters" are blaming Johnny?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    Fixed.

  • @tacosman said:

    You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if Manziel throws for 300 and 3 TDs against Carolina, what then?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    He collects trademarks and cares about living his life his way.

    Dammit man! He's a rebel with a paycheck. A cowboy. A gunslinger. He's Johnny Fecking Football!

  • @tacosman said:

    You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if Manziel throws for 300 and 3 TDs against Carolina, what then?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    Which won't last either if he busts. Now wouldn't that be a strange motivation...Johnny works hard and plays well for the fame, not for the love of the game? I was told he's immensely competitive, but his behavior Sunday didn't show any of that.

  • @bbedward said:

    Yes but I don't think manziels mechanics are too bad. At least the upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics a different story. Momentum wrong way, footwork, etc). Obviously he looks good on pro day and what not, but that's not the same.

    They all suffer under pressure, but that's expected.

    Agree... JM's footwork was nearly flawless in his Buffalo appearance. It only faltered on two throws and both were due to pressure in his face.

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... JM's footwork was nearly flawless in his Buffalo appearance. It only faltered on two throws and both were due to pressure in his face.

    So.... on his first drive his footwork was flawless? Jeez, with the buffalo defense essentially taking the series off - I'd hope Johnny would have good mechanics.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Its called muscle memory. The guys has gone his entire life as a qb playing one way. Unless you work on overcoming those instincts you have moulded, which takes a long time, you'll fall back to what you're acclimated to.

    Tebow was supposed to get his windmill mechanics fixed. Hey it worked for two throws. When the game got heated he was back to wind milling passes.

    Its just human nature.

    Yes but I don't think manziels mechanics are too bad. At least the upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics a different story. Momentum wrong way, footwork, etc). Obviously he looks good on pro day and what not, but that's not the same.

    They all suffer under pressure, but that's expected.

    Anyway tebows were/are much worse. Manziels are correctable, with time and practice. Most of manziels issues are self induced unnecessarily

    Hoyer has pretty solid mechanics that only faultered due to his mind, and has an excellent release (high, fast, etc). He just suffered by sensing pressure that didn't exist and getting off balance. I think with more confidence in the blockers he'd be fine 😉 not to sound like a cock slobber but my opinion is definitely to keep him around.

    The real argument for manziel was that he overcame some of his sloppy mechanics by his athleticism and intelligence, which is probably true but if you can't keep everything clean in a clean pocket you won't succeed in the NFL.

    @bbedward said:

    Yes but I don't think manziels mechanics are too bad. At least the upper body mechanics, lower body mechanics a different story. Momentum wrong way, footwork, etc). Obviously he looks good on pro day and what not, but that's not the same.

    They all suffer under pressure, but that's expected.

    Anyway tebows were/are much worse. Manziels are correctable, with time and practice. Most of manziels issues are self induced unnecessarily

    Hoyer has pretty solid mechanics that only faultered due to his mind, and has an excellent release (high, fast, etc). He just suffered by sensing pressure that didn't exist and getting off balance. I think with more confidence in the blockers he'd be fine 😉 not to sound like a cock slobber but my opinion is definitely to keep him around.

    The real argument for manziel was that he overcame some of his sloppy mechanics by his athleticism and intelligence, which is probably true but if you can't keep everything clean in a clean pocket you won't succeed in the NFL.

    I'd agree. One of his big flaws is taking off and running instead of looking to throw. That is something I believe you can work on and get better at.

  • Comparison Shmarison,

    All I know is this

    THERE WAS NOT ONE THING I SAW FROM JF THAT EVEN REMOTELY LOOKED LIKE AN NFL QUARTERBACK!!

    Even all the other rookies like Carr, Bongwater, etc etc at least look like a NFL QUARTERBACK.

    JF looked completely outclassed. I hope and pray it was a fluke, but I dont think it is.

    The secret is, no one wants to play hard for that jackwad, plain and simple.

  • @tacosman said:

    You can have as little patience as you want. I doubt Johnny cares either way.

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if Manziel throws for 300 and 3 TDs against Carolina, what then?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    Wait... "Hoyer haters" are blaming Johnny?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    But last week wasn't a team loss?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    He collects trademarks and cares about living his life his way.

    Dammit man! He's a rebel with a paycheck. A cowboy. A gunslinger. He's Johnny Fecking Football!

    @manzier said:

    He collects trademarks and cares about living his life his way.

    Dammit man! He's a rebel with a paycheck. A cowboy. A gunslinger. He's Johnny Fecking Football!

    Last week he was more Johnny Fucking a Football. "Live life his way" , translation -" I Believe I can be a superstar without growing up and showing some responsibile behavior when necessary to do my job ". Let's hope he learned that isn't true last Sunday
  • Got a few more trademarks for Johnny to add to his list of trademarks.

    Johnny "Midget"

    Johnny "Bust"

    Johnny "sucks"

    Johnny "Noodle Arm"

    Johnny "Ducks"

  • @tour2ma said:

    Besides fame, I'm still looking for something Johnny does care about. Given that you're plugged in, can you help me out?

    Wait... "JFF haters" are blaming Johnny?

    Unless he also runs for 100... team win?

    Fixed.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Fixed.

    Thanks... for a moment I thought the sun might set in the east tonite.

    Edited my post...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    But last week wasn't a team loss?

    Which last week? This last week, AKA the CIN game, or last last week, AKA the IND game.

    Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Fixed.

    Thanks... for a moment I thought the sun might set in the east tonite.

    Edited my post...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    But last week wasn't a team loss?

    Which last week? This last week, AKA the CIN game, or last last week, AKA the IND game.

    Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks... for a moment I thought the sun might set in the east tonite.

    Edited my post...

    Which last week? This last week, AKA the CIN game, or last last week, AKA the IND game.

    Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood

    If this week's game is Carolina, last week's game must have been Cincy.

  • still got that six pack....

    must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

    keep on picking them and we'll keep on turning on you.

    thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

    oh, and where is playgroundlegend?

  • still got that six pack....

    must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

    keep on picking them and we'll keep on turning on you.

    thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

    oh, and where is playgroundlegend?

    @miktoxic said:

    still got that six pack....

    must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

    keep on picking them and we'll keep on turning on you.

    thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

    oh, and where is playgroundlegend?

    I'll put a 6 pack on QBR < 75 😛

    But then I have a reason to root against him, so better not.

    PGL is on the other board where they're comparing manziels struggle to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

  • @miktoxic said:

    still got that six pack....

    must be tough for all you touters of "we shoulda picked" see all those suckas do squadoosh and all those lovers of these "great QB class" to look entirely HS varsity squad.

    keep on picking them and we'll keep on turning on you.

    thank god we have farmer and not some disjointed african american studies major telling us how the team should be built.

    oh, and where is playgroundlegend?

    I'll put a 6 pack on QBR < 75 😛

    But then I have a reason to root against him, so better not.

    PGL is on the other board where they're comparing manziels struggle to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

    @bbedward said:

    to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

    after their returns?

    I remember Lebron dumping 20 something in his first game ever as a pro....straight outta high school....

    and I also remember how mature he was and how hard he worked at his craft. He looked like a guy who wanted to be the best. Lebron and Jordan = extreme work ethic, driven, focused and supremely gifted physically. Johnny, not really any of those things. Scrappy maybe.

    It's wrong to even compare JM to those 2. In any way

  • @bbedward said:

    to Jordan and Lebrons struggles their first game after their respective "returns"

    after their returns?

    I remember Lebron dumping 20 something in his first game ever as a pro....straight outta high school....

    and I also remember how mature he was and how hard he worked at his craft. He looked like a guy who wanted to be the best. Lebron and Jordan = extreme work ethic, driven, focused and supremely gifted physically. Johnny, not really any of those things. Scrappy maybe.

    It's wrong to even compare JM to those 2. In any way

    @manzier said:

    after their returns?

    I remember Lebron dumping 20 something in his first game ever as a pro....straight outta high school....

    and I also remember how mature he was and how hard he worked at his craft. He looked like a guy who wanted to be the best. Lebron and Jordan = extreme work ethic, driven, focused and supremely gifted physically. Johnny, not really any of those things. Scrappy maybe.

    It's wrong to even compare JM to those 2. In any way

    Yes don't think too much about it lol. It was in reference to Jordan and lebron struggling in their over hyped Returns (to the bulls in 95? And this year to Cleveland)

    My thoughts are mudded to say the least on Johnny, we'll see

  • Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right. Just trade him off somewhere and bring in another to trash out.

  • Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right. Just trade him off somewhere and bring in another to trash out.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Dogpound is earning it's reputation this week. Dogpiling on a rookie for his first game. How proud you all must be. Bernie was right. Just trade him off somewhere and bring in another to trash out.

    Don't be mad at us. Your douche bag alma mater has been running their cock suckers (mouths) all season about how our winning qb blows and johnny boy would have won every game.

    So far you have the crow served cold. You guys raised the expectations so high and he couldn't have shit the bed more.