Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Johnny yes I agree. Jimmy I am uncertain. If he did force Johnny on us (and I suspect he did) I hope he learned his lesson. Overall I think the guy does want a winning team and will spend money.

    @jcam222 said:

    Johnny yes I agree. Jimmy I am uncertain. If he did force Johnny on us (and I suspect he did) I hope he learned his lesson. Overall I think the guy does want a winning team and will spend money.

    He might spend money.. but so far.. he doesn't offer stability.

  • I don't get all the flaming on Jimmy. Maybe he forced his hand on the Manziel pick, he'll learn though he actually wants this team to be a winner I think and has mostly made good decisions to get us there.

    Firing the Lambanner duo and snatching Farmer before anyone else did best decision so far.

  • I would as well but even if he comes in and shits the bed again I think he'll get starts next year.

    @baconhound said:

    I think he'll get starts next year.

    smoke crank much?

  • is manziel an irish name?

    sounds TX oil money jewish to me.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Johnny yes I agree. Jimmy I am uncertain. If he did force Johnny on us (and I suspect he did) I hope he learned his lesson. Overall I think the guy does want a winning team and will spend money.

    He might spend money.. but so far.. he doesn't offer stability.

    @nickers said:

    He might spend money.. but so far.. he doesn't offer stability.

    I kind of see your point but honestly I believe he made a good decision getting rid of Banner and Lombardi. I think he was hasty on Chud but was misled by the two clowns. I think in terms of stability he needs to stay the course with the current staff for a minimum 2 more years. The one exception I would make is Tabor who I would fire the day the season ended.

    By the way, have any of you heard rumblings of Manning retiring and Haslam offering him some sort of role next year? I am sure its likely internet dribble but they are friends I believe.

  • jimmy owns the team. no reason to piss him off.

    hope farmer and security can keep him away from the homeless during next year's draft.

  • he looks a lot like a little worm I used to pick on....kaminsky

  • @tacosman said:

    Instead of talking about hoyer specifically, it would be more useful perhaps to refer to any random journeyman backup. Because that's the decision the browns have- what level of random journeyman backup they bring in next year.

    Will Manziels journey as a backup last as long as Hoyers?

    @bbedward said:

    Will Manziels journey as a backup last as long as Hoyers?

    No idea....

  • ah..

    the 'ol versna kerpanova kaminsky worm.

    the one that likes to wriggle itself in between the keyboard of an accordian and make it go flat on every down beat of 'who stole the keishka'..

  • I hate saying this after only 6 quarters of football, I always hate pre judging. That being said, all my fears have come true, and johnny is another browns bust. I didn't see this game I listened as I could but with JF it sounded like more 3 and outs, and one drive assisted by a big penalty. With hoyer it sounds like we could move the ball again. I blamed the team as much as JF last week, but can't do that this week. If we moved with hoyer, and didn't with johnny, its Johnny's fault.

    Best case scenario, hoyer starts and lights it up next week, we re-sign him, and trade manziel for a 2nd rd draft pick.

  • I don't get all the flaming on Jimmy. Maybe he forced his hand on the Manziel pick, he'll learn though he actually wants this team to be a winner I think and has mostly made good decisions to get us there.

    Firing the Lambanner duo and snatching Farmer before anyone else did best decision so far.

    @bbedward said:

    I don't get all the flaming on Jimmy. Maybe he forced his hand on the Manziel pick, he'll learn though he actually wants this team to be a winner I think and has mostly made good decisions to get us there.

    Firing the Lambanner duo and snatching Farmer before anyone else did best decision so far.

    Agree...

    Here's what instability looks like: Mangini to Shurmur.

    Here's what stability looks like: Shurmur to Chud to Pet.

    The difference is direction.

    As for Manziel... if Haslam played a significant role in the pick, which I doubt, then he is learning to leave it to the pros in the future.

  • Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.

    Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.

    Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

    @nickers said:

    Well.. I know it it's only 1 game and another half of football played by Johnny.. But based on what I've seen. I just don't see this little shit (JM) getting any better than he already is. Hey looks way worse than Spergon Wynn,Charlie McFry and Colt McCoy. I think Johnny Cacca is a pussy. He proved it by putting that towel over his head on the side lines,after he "got hurt". Wich I'm really starting to doubt this little assholes character.Once again, We saw Hoyer trot out onto the field and outplayed him. JM just proved he is no competition for Brian Hoyer. Secondly.. Jimmy Haslam needs to relinquish his ownership and sell it to a Clevelander, that actually understands Cleveland football. or else the viscious cycle will continue..He sucks, He looks lost,derailed and confused.Jimmy and Johnny.. please get the fuck out of Cleveland. You both are an embarrassment To Cleveland fans

    Neither qb played well today. Hoyer hit the one nice pass that gave us a td, but outside if that was godawful. He turned it over(it's not like he got it back for us), he squandered good field position twice, he took sacks(some his fault, some not)....this is the 5th straight time he has played poorly.

    And yes, JF did not play well either. He only ran like 18 plays, but he certainly didn't get the offense moving well in those three possessions.

    Neither one gave us the sort of performance that leads to winning football.

  • Hummmmm...

    Take away BH's long of 81 and its TD and you're left with 6/12 for 53 and 1 INT.

    Take away JM's long of 28 and you're left with 2/7 for 4 yds...

    Yup about the same...

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

    And you were pretty cool until you went into full DnD* mode...

    'Til next we meet...

    ... and as always... Fuck dem Cowboys!

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    *Defense 'n' Denial

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

    Thanks again for celebrating your Cowboys shit on our board on the same day our team lost it's 4th straight, Knob Slobberer.

    I hope you get your ass beat like a redheaded stepchild in the playoffs.

    Z

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

    we been saying shit about him all year. aint nothing changed this week except we got to see him play. your just leaving because he sucks and it hurts to hear it or admit it. See ya next year. Maybe

  • have to love a good "Im outta here post".....never understand why they dont just leave?

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

    So you were here dishig the pain for months and now you look like an a@@ doing it because Johnny boy suck donkey balls. Don't let the door hit you on the way out and here's to Romo choking again.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. This past week was unreadable. This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    I think I am done posting here till next season. ....... This place is over run with ignorant posters that lack football knowledge and class. There have been a handful of mature posters that I respect (you know who you are) and I thank you for the civilized conversations.

    Mature posters....ha!.....idol worship of a kid QB is mature.

    What gets me is I hear how the coaches were unfair to JFF or the Cleveland fans "somehow" ruin QB's by being critical....which is something all players have to endure...not just QB's....ask Mingo, Gilbert or Schwartz

    I'll tell you whats UNFAIR......raising a kid QB to god like status before he ever throws a pass....creating expectations he could never meet.....refusal to just let him find his way by constantly preaching his gospel....feeding a media monster before he was even a player....the hype perpetuated by the mass crazies that followed him....all THAT was unfair.....NOT asking him to play a football game

    So before you storm out the door blaming us for JFF's complete failure to date....lets look in the goddamn mirror and see who created the unrealistic expectations and constantly promoted his greatness....