Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    And yes Lobo I'm a Johnny fan*. He is the first round pick of the Cleveland Browns and until he does something over the course of at least a full season to prove he has no NFL potential or does something that pisses me off personally I give him the benefit of the doubt.

    WSS

    *that doesn't mean I have to hate the other guy.

    I guess I just don't have the patience that you display. Maybe because I'm getting older. I had more patience with Weeden and McCoy. I hope I'm wrong, but in my mind Manziel has already proven that he has no NFL potential. I don't hate him for it....I hate Farmer for drafting him.

    @lodilobo said:

    I guess I just don't have the patience that you display. Maybe because I'm getting older. I had more patience with Weeden and McCoy. I hope I'm wrong, but in my mind Manziel has already proven that he has no NFL potential. I don't hate him for it....I hate Farmer for drafting him.

    And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.

    WSS

  • @nickers said:

    . I hope Jimmy is proud of himself for sacrificing the season for his own greedy ticket sales.. "asshole"

    @tour2ma said:

    Ticket sales were not going to be an issue... JM or no JM.

    we always sell out. Johnny or no Johnny. We didn't draft him for tickets.

    Why does everyone thing JH is Jerry Jones? Cause they look and talk a bit alike? Because he keeps getting slammed for things only an insider would know and has never been reported on

    Jimmy makes picks?, changes the lineup?, forces pettine to play JM?, etc. Its all made up bullshit and has zero credibility.

    @manzier said:

    we always sell out. Johnny or no Johnny. We didn't draft him for tickets.

    Why does everyone thing JH is Jerry Jones? Cause they look and talk a bit alike? Because he keeps getting slammed for things only an insider would know and has never been reported on

    Jimmy makes picks?, changes the lineup?, forces pettine to play JM?, etc. Its all made up bullshit and has zero credibility.

    If you don't believe the owner of a team holds some serious sway over shots being called, then you are seriously mistaken.

    Haslam's comments on Hardesty being apart of the Browns and not cut earlier should really be the smoking gun in your eyes.

  • Kordell Stewart who was with the Pittsburgh Steelers stayed there from 1995 through 2002. In 2001 he made the Pro Bowl.

    WSS

  • @lodilobo said:

    I guess I just don't have the patience that you display. Maybe because I'm getting older. I had more patience with Weeden and McCoy. I hope I'm wrong, but in my mind Manziel has already proven that he has no NFL potential. I don't hate him for it....I hate Farmer for drafting him.

    And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.

    WSS

    No, shitty draft choices have been around 80% of the cause of the Browns misfortunes over the last 15 years.

    You'd be surprised what smells you can cover up when you have a talented roster.

  • Browns Builders since 1999 used to do other stuff too. Here's proof. Enjoy a laugh on a Monday. 😆

    http://www.viralnova.com/31-building-fails-gallery/?mb=lmg

  • @westside-steve said:

    And unfortunately it's that very kind of impatience that has kept the Browns in the toilet for over a decade.

    WSS

    No, shitty draft choices have been around 80% of the cause of the Browns misfortunes over the last 15 years.

    You'd be surprised what smells you can cover up when you have a talented roster.

    @tiamat63 said:

    No, shitty draft choices have been around 80% of the cause of the Browns misfortunes over the last 15 years.

    You'd be surprised what smells you can cover up when you have a talented roster.

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No, shitty draft choices have been around 80% of the cause of the Browns misfortunes over the last 15 years.

    You'd be surprised what smells you can cover up when you have a talented roster.

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

    Stability has to start somewhere. But with that in mind, you don't wanna lock down on a group just for the sake of locking down on a group.

    Anyway, I think there's no reason to believe Farmer and Pettine won't be here for the long term. So no reason for people to keep worrying about it.

    Also, Manziel just sucks. Has nothing to do with dysfunction or instability, he just sucks.

    Stability is good, but you don't have to stick to guys who won't take you anywhere. See: Mike Holmgren, Mike Lombardi, Joe Banner, many, many QBs.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No, shitty draft choices have been around 80% of the cause of the Browns misfortunes over the last 15 years.

    You'd be surprised what smells you can cover up when you have a talented roster.

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

    I agree, coaching stability is an issue. I feel we have it. I like Pettine's approach on just about everything. Farmer and himself will be here for the long haul. Our QB's on the other hand? - that's a different story compared to coaching staff stability.

  • i don't hate manziel but he is in no way just going to pop out of a cake in 3 years behind some vet QB and become aaron rodgers or at best kordell stewart (really?...eh). 2 slow white guys caught up to him running laterally out of bounds yesterday and got a good lick on him. so there is NEVER going to be a johnny scrambles in cleveland.

    btw haslam insisted on drafting manziel. i'm sure if farmer and pettine were given the choice they'd have filled another position of need at 22.

    haslam and the FO aren't stupid. he had a hand in the game (manziel) and someone just trumped it. means (if he's smart) would throw away that hand but not get up and walk away from the table. if manziel costs anyone his job it will be shanahan.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I don't agree. The fact that we change the front office, the coaching staff the game plan etc every two fucking years throw out everybody and bring in an entire new fledgling entourage. If they aren't successful immediately throw the whole batch out again.

    WSS

    I agree, coaching stability is an issue. I feel we have it. I like Pettine's approach on just about everything. Farmer and himself will be here for the long haul. Our QB's on the other hand? - that's a different story compared to coaching staff stability.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I agree, coaching stability is an issue. I feel we have it. I like Pettine's approach on just about everything. Farmer and himself will be here for the long haul. Our QB's on the other hand? - that's a different story compared to coaching staff stability.

    Well we might now.

    WSS

  • manziel was haslam's pick all the way.

    farmer and pettine are 2 defensive guys and they're going to draft a midget scrambling QB?

    i call bullshit.

  • I know some tout Manziel as having above average arm strength, but based on 6 quarters I couldn't verify that.

  • above average?....no

  • @westside-steve said:

    DieHardBrownsFan similar to what Lobo asked me why would someone pay starting quarterback money to Brian Hoyer? What is it anyone has seen in him so far that suggest he might be elite someday?

    (assuming that would be the goal of an NFL team)

    WSS

    Not elite Steve but capable.

    @darkside5 said:

    Not elite Steve but capable.

    I would have gone with "competent."

    @westside-steve said:

    Then I'm afraid he's not being realistic. He was benched for poor performance. Any quarterback in any city should expect that would be a possibility.

    Including Johnny?

    @ramblin said:

    Why is Johnny sounding like he is already out for next week? Has anybody heard anything definitive? If so, I though he wanted out yesterday which would give his so-called competitiveness a big hit.

    Could be JM was told he had a hammie...

    As for his competitiveness taking a hit... no... it's what gets him hit.

    While I still have no clue what the intent of the last play called for him was yesterday, I do know that his "competitiveness" made it worse.

    A smart QB ditches the ball or slides, if linemen are likely downfield. The last thing they do is take on two defenders to get to the sideline... that is what a competitor does to "inspire" his team.

  • @manzier said:

    we always sell out. Johnny or no Johnny. We didn't draft him for tickets.

    Why does everyone thing JH is Jerry Jones? Cause they look and talk a bit alike? Because he keeps getting slammed for things only an insider would know and has never been reported on

    Jimmy makes picks?, changes the lineup?, forces pettine to play JM?, etc. Its all made up bullshit and has zero credibility.

    If you don't believe the owner of a team holds some serious sway over shots being called, then you are seriously mistaken.

    Haslam's comments on Hardesty being apart of the Browns and not cut earlier should really be the smoking gun in your eyes.

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    We compare him to Jerreh because he fucking ACTS like Jerreh, a clueless Billionaire playing fantasy football only with a real NFL team.

    Jerrah is his own GM. Jimmah hired one of the brightest young personnel minds around.

    Jerrah holds a press conference every week. Jimmah hasn't held one since the reorganization.

    Yup... two peas in a pod...

    @tiamat63 said:

    If you don't believe the owner of a team holds some serious sway over shots being called, then you are seriously mistaken.

    Haslam's comments on Hardesty being apart of the Browns and not cut earlier should really be the smoking gun in your eyes.

    You don't think Haslam's comments on Hardesty just might say a helluva lot more about Banner/ Lombo than Jimmy's style?

    An owner can hold whatever sway he wants. However, a smart businessman knows better than to interfere with the talent he hired to run a business he owns in a field in which he has no expertise.

  • There has to be a very fine line between meddling and being involved in your team.

    Meddling is overruling your hire hands or not allowing them to do what they do...but being involved is important.... You HAVE to know whats going on to make your employees accountable. Otherwise you end up like Lerner. Totally uninvolved. Totally clueless. And totally taken advantage of by your staff.

    Jerry Jones is a loud mouthed media whore who made himself GM. I see zero comparison between him and JH

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Manziel actually looked better this week.

    Yes, he racked up 3 points and 57 yards of offense ... was actually on pace for 114 yards of offense and 6 points ... so I guess that is marked improvement.

    Bolstered that QB rating up to 42 too.

    And dispelled and notion of an injury-prone NFL career.

    Zombo

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Denial of what? Manziel actually looked better this week.

    He looked better than who?

  • Jerry Jones could use him as a backup to Romo. What could we get for him?

  • dont think we'd get much. He may have more value if packaged with a pick. Very few QB's in this draft, so a qb starved team may give up their higher pick for one of our 1sts and johnny....maybe a move up from 20 to 10 kind of thing