Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Ahhh....no.

    Doesn't work like that in the real world.

    There's such a thing as "the fall guy".

    If the Browns win less than 5 games next year. He's a goner.

    @masterdog said:

    Ahhh....no.

    Doesn't work like that in the real world.

    There's such a thing as "the fall guy".

    If the Browns win less than 5 games next year. He's a goner.

    yeah that ship sailed after the Chud firing dude. Pettine can go 1-15 next year and he will still be the coach for another year. After year 3 is when this organization could "possibly" and very quietly look for another coach. Even a 3rd year firing is gonna look bad at this point. The only way the organization could pull off another short term firing is if Cowher or someone else like him was literally on deck in the batters circle. The Browns could absolutely not get away with firing Pettine even in 2 years and hiring another "who the fuck is that" guy.

  • I hate this twice used douche bag. Can we send him packing already.

  • I had one recommendation for the kick off return for the Browns this year. Take a knee in the end zone and get the ball at the 20.
    Time after time they ran the ball out of the end zone usually to around the 12-15 yard line.

    ** I thought the kicker (Hartley) who came in for Cundiff looked good. I don't know what his range is? If he can make longer field goals.

  • I had one recommendation for the kick off return for the Browns this year. Take a knee in the end zone and get the ball at the 20.
    Time after time they ran the ball out of the end zone usually to around the 12-15 yard line.

    ** I thought the kicker (Hartley) who came in for Cundiff looked good. I don't know what his range is? If he can make longer field goals.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    ** I thought the kicker (Hartley) who came in for Cundiff looked good. I don't know what his range is? If he can make longer field goals.

    Ya, he's only the most accurate FG kicker in the history of the Cleveland Browns. 100% Baby!

    Zombo

  • Hartley has got this going for him too....which is nice:

    Super Bowl winner Garrett Hartley takes break from harvesting deer, gators, wild boar to kick for Cleveland Browns
  • VesnaKociper said:

    Yeah, why not re sign Couch? He was better than Manziel? Cribbs was a loser. At his beast, he was blah. Wow, kick returns....... SO VERY VERY important to winning in the NFL.

    How many people remember who returned kicks and punts for Denver SB teams? GB? Cribbs is a folk hero, I get it. BUt calling him a great player is like calling Clapton a great guitar player. Two over rated people.

    The point is, there is nothing to discuss about Manziel. There is no point in playing this guy. Why is he even on the team? He has no trade value, no skills and no marketability. Cut the cocksucker and move forward.

    Instead, we are going to mentally mastrubate about his mechanics, his reads, his work ethic. Hey, why not talk about what Bigfoot likes for dinner and debate that? It's the same thing.

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    @the-gipper said:

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    here's my solution. Don't let the other team score and you only have to return one kick off a game.

    WSS

  • @ballpeen said:

    No he hasn't. At least in the long run, as of now. He still has a chance to pull it together.

    Will he? It's anywhere from who knows to it isn't looking good, but it isn't over.

    As for Pettine, unless he does some really stupid things, he isn't going anywhere after next season. He is here for at least next season and the majority of the following.

    and you know this because...listen, its been leaked out already that haslem really did not want pettine to begin with.....just like everyone else thought that shazmanski or whatever his name was got canned after 1 season...poor pettine...it don't get any better for him as we play the nfc west and afc west this yr let alone our own division 2x...man o man...and now i saw that gordon might be ousted this yr on a dui...heard it on espn pti....what a shitass organization ... i hope hoyer tells haslem to go pound sand...if i'm hoyer i'm trying to get back to new england asap...

    VesnaKociper said:

    WTF? A thread about a player who is done? Idiotic.

    No.. it's not. If you are going to be wrong, don't let it be because you were too lazy to read more than a thread title.

    @browns52 said:

    and you know this because...listen, its been leaked out already that haslem really did not want pettine to begin with...

    Link? To a write up where Haslam explicitly says he hired a guy he "did not want".

    What I've no doubt Pet was not the first choice, top of the wish list candidate, hiring a guy I found late who shocked me with how ready he was to be an HC is a long way from a guy I "did not want".

    @westside-steve said:

    If, and I do mean if, the conspiracy theory is true, then I would imagine that Jimmy Haslam could easily blame coach Mike for sabotaging his boy.

    Sure... there are plenty of egos in this world that are incapable of admitting a mistake. Haslam may well own one. But adding to the size of your "if" is the nature of the call, if it was made by Haslam.

    Was it to "go get" this "slam dunk" prospect or to draft this "risky kid" that might be the solution to our QB woes?

    That we passed at #8 tells me it was the latter. You?

  • Me? I figure they assumed there was risk. When he was still available at 22 I think they all determined it was worth that risk. The assumption of risk isn't always the bottom line however, is it? Especially given the fact that number 8 hasn't exactly paid off. Yet.

    WSS

  • And remember I was adamant that there was no quarterback in that draft worth the number 8 pick.

    I liked Jimmy Garoppolo or David Carr later even AJ McCarron. That was before I drank the Kool Aid a week or so before the draft.

    Had we played out the season with Brian Hoyer as quarterback and still had the same losing finish I think a great deal of this controversy would be different today

    WSS

  • I had one recommendation for the kick off return for the Browns this year. Take a knee in the end zone and get the ball at the 20.
    Time after time they ran the ball out of the end zone usually to around the 12-15 yard line.

    ** I thought the kicker (Hartley) who came in for Cundiff looked good. I don't know what his range is? If he can make longer field goals.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    ** I thought the kicker (Hartley) who came in for Cundiff looked good. I don't know what his range is? If he can make longer field goals.

    It's not good...

    In addition to my memory of the one 45-ish yarder he made barely clearing the bar, if he had a strong leg, then he'd have kicked off for us. Lanning took over that duty when Cundiff was released.

  • We're pretty much on the same page...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    here's my solution. Don't let the other team score and you only have to return one kick off a game.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    here's my solution. Don't let the other team score and you only have to return one kick off a game.

    WSS

    Id take that....(the not letting them score part)....BUT...

    ... really, it was our punt return game that was in the tank....not kickoff returns.....(Moore averaged a respectable 25 yds/return)

    So...if we dont let them score, thats GREAT!!!....but we will still be returning(or fair catching) lots of punts......

  • Sorry Mudfly....I should have checked on the stats for returning kicks before posting about the returns only being 10 to 12 yards. I had no idea we had s 25 yard average.

  • Sorry Mudfly....I should have checked on the stats for returning kicks before posting about the returns only being 10 to 12 yards. I had no idea we had s 25 yard average.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    . I had no idea we had s 25 yard average.

    well....you're probably not wrong....Moore did have a 25 yd avg, which is ok......Benji, on the other hand, was closer to 20.....

    (and they DO count yards in the end zone).....so.....assuming they both catch the ball "about" 5 yds deep.....

    Benji would be averaging returns to the 15 yard line.....

    Moore would be averaging returns to the 20 yard line.....

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Yeah, why not re sign Couch? He was better than Manziel? Cribbs was a loser. At his beast, he was blah. Wow, kick returns....... SO VERY VERY important to winning in the NFL.

    How many people remember who returned kicks and punts for Denver SB teams? GB? Cribbs is a folk hero, I get it. BUt calling him a great player is like calling Clapton a great guitar player. Two over rated people.

    The point is, there is nothing to discuss about Manziel. There is no point in playing this guy. Why is he even on the team? He has no trade value, no skills and no marketability. Cut the cocksucker and move forward.

    Instead, we are going to mentally mastrubate about his mechanics, his reads, his work ethic. Hey, why not talk about what Bigfoot likes for dinner and debate that? It's the same thing.

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    @the-gipper said:

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    Last year we should have tried Gilbert who was great on returns in college and was bringing very little value to the team. Same thing this coming year or draft one.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am only saying that we had NOTHING better than him this year....that is how bad things were for us in the kick return game. Let's assume you are totally correct about Cribbs. he was still better than what we had.

    So.....what is your solution to fix the Browns return game?

    Last year we should have tried Gilbert who was great on returns in college and was bringing very little value to the team. Same thing this coming year or draft one.

    @jcam222 said:

    Last year we should have tried Gilbert who was great on returns in college and was bringing very little value to the team. Same thing this coming year or draft one.

    Right.....the whole thing was curious. They didn't try Benjamin after he came back, didn't try Gilbert, wouldn't pick up Cribbs....or anyone else.

    Next year that gotta put Benjamin back in the saddle, with Gilbert next to him.

  • @westside-steve said:

    here's my solution. Don't let the other team score and you only have to return one kick off a game.

    WSS

    Id take that....(the not letting them score part)....BUT...

    ... really, it was our punt return game that was in the tank....not kickoff returns.....(Moore averaged a respectable 25 yds/return)

    So...if we dont let them score, thats GREAT!!!....but we will still be returning(or fair catching) lots of punts......

    @mudfly said:

    Id take that....(the not letting them score part)....BUT...

    ... really, it was our punt return game that was in the tank....not kickoff returns.....(Moore averaged a respectable 25 yds/return)

    So...if we dont let them score, thats GREAT!!!....but we will still be returning(or fair catching) lots of punts......

    that's okay. Since under my system we will be forcing a three and out after every one of our kickoffs that should cut down on the number of returns too.

    🙂

    WSS

  • M2aTBNPaRWqlCazwxzUZ_photo.jpg

  • Say, that's pretty cool, I didn't know Johnny Broadway Flop was that tall ! 🙂

  • I have finally come to the terms of reality, Manziel has made me look like a god damn fool.

    It's time to cut him to be made an example of. Move on from him. He simply doesn't give a fuck about football.

    http://profootballzone.com/rumors/johnny-manziel-josh-gordon-allegedly-drunk-together-house-party-photos/

    Manziel-Gordon-2.png