Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Poor pgl. He's gone so far off the reservation it's pathetic. Not at all interested n the facts in front of him. His johnny love is a bit concerning. If boyziel remains on the team I won't be at all suprised if a stalking story surfaces somewhere down the road.
-
People saw the tweets and blurbs today and wrote Joe off as just being a nice guy.. but in the full article.. he went WAAAY deeper into it.. take a look
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- Browns cornerback Joe Haden, fresh off the Pro Bowl and making the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl Wednesday, took exception to one of his teammates anonymously blasting Johnny Manziel last week.
"Johnny is definitely not a joke,'' Haden, who's in town in his new role as a Global Ambassador for the Special Olympics, told Northeast Ohio Media Group. "It's not true at all that Johnny's teammates think he's a 100% joke.''
Haden was referring to a story last week on ESPN.com that quoted an unnamed Browns player saying that Manziel throughout the 2014 season was a "100% joke.''
Haden was bothered by the fact that a teammate would rip Manziel that way, especially without using his name. He pointed out that teammates Donte Whitner and Karlos Dansby constructively criticized rookie Justin Gilbert during the season, but did so on the record.
"That unnamed source thing really gets on my nerves,'' he said.
On the contrary, Haden said the players he interacts on a daily basis really like and support Manziel.
"Oh for sure,'' said Haden. "Everybody. Me, Phil Taylor loves him. Travis (Benjamin) loves him. There's a lot of players on the team that do so I don't really know. You'd have to find that person who said that.''
Haden, who's become friends with Manziel, also disagreed that No. 22 pick did not prepare hard and that he wasn't ready to play.
"For most of the season, he was the backup,'' said Haden. "He was doing what he was supposed to do. (Brian) Hoyer was out there balling, he was the starting quarterback. What do you want him to do? He was the backup.''
Haden said that if Manziel didn't always excel in practice, there was a good reason.
"We have a really good defense, so sometimes it wasn't really Johnny's fault,'' said Haden. "Our defense is really good at practice, so you're not going to just shred us. Of course you're going to have bumps in the road.''
Haden said Manziel looked like Johnny Football to him in practice, and Dansby, who was also doing interviews here Wednesday on radio show, stressed that Manziel gave the defense good looks in practice.
"He makes plays with his feet,'' said Haden. "He makes things happen. He's a very exciting player. He was throwing the ball really well. I didn't really see that (he wasn't practicing well).''
Haden said he watched people pile on to Manziel all season, and now this offseason.
"Johnny takes too much bashing for nothing and the thing is that being a quarterback in the NFL is so much harder,'' he said. "They can't do anything. If Johnny is to do anything that shows him having fun instead of being in the meeting room, they blow him up.''
Haden said he never recalls Manziel being late until he overslept for his treatment the day before the season finale. Manziel was on injured reserve at the time and not eligible to participate in the walk-through.
"He wasn't supposed to be at the walk-through,'' said Haden. "He needed treatment. You're a quarterback, you need treatment, I understand that, definitely. I'm not trying to give him a pass on that, but still, one little treatment and he didn't have to be there. He was on IR. It was probably one of the only times he messed up.''
He said the transgression, like everything else in the life of Johnny Football, becomes larger than life.
"He understands what's going on, and this season he's going to be able to show that a lot better,'' said Haden.
Haden has encouraged him to take some time off during the offseason and not feel pressured to go into a bunker.
"I'm like, 'dude, you still have to live life. You're still a young dude and it is the offseason' and he knows now,'' said Haden. "I've been talking to him about, when the season starts, OTAs, minicamps, he's going to be in there grinding he and knows that he has to stay extra and get it with the new coach (offensive coordinator John DeFilippo) and figure out the systems and all of that. But right now, relax your shoulders.
"Relax, chill, breathe. Because when he comes back, he knows now -- when I hit rock bottom when I got suspended for Adderall, people were coming at me like I've never had that coming at me before and I felt a certain type of way and I just knew then that I needed to change.''
Haden is as convinced as ever that Manziel has what it takes to be a good quarterback.
"For sure, for sure,'' said Haden. "Because he's shown he has the ability. He has the talent. He has all of the tools.''
Thank the lord for Joe Haden..
Dansby also came out with MORE stuff..
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby disputed the notion that Johnny Manziel didn't practice well throughout the season.
"Johnny gave us some great looks,'' Dansby told Northeast Ohio Media Group while making rounds on radio row Wednesday at the Super Bowl. "I can't lie. He was giving us that every day. He was making us better as a defense every day.
"Like I said, it's a different level when you get on the field and you get thrown into the action like that. It's a tough situation for him, not having any reps throughout the whole season and then getting thrown into the fire.''
Manziel, who finished the season on injured reserve with his pulled hamstring, flopped miserably in his first start -- a 30-0 loss to the Bengals in the biggest game of the season, and improved somewhat the following week against the Panthers before leaving the game with the hamstring injury. But all in all, even coach Mike Pettine had to admit that Manziel's two starts "weren't very encouraging'' and that the Browns quarterback outlook is muddy at best.
"When opportunities present themselves you've got to take advantage of it,'' said Dansby. "If you don't, people start to question your character and if this game is for you and that's just how this game goes.''
Dansby, who warned both Manziel and fellow first-rounder Justin Gilbert that they'd be out of the league soon if they didn't dedicate themselves to the game, disagreed with the teammate who told espn.com that Manziel didn't look good in practice this season. He echoed the sentiments of Joe Haden, who saw flashes of Johnny Football in practice, which is probably why the Browns started him against the Bengals.
"He looked great,'' said Dansby. "He was extending plays, making plays, making plays down the field, putting the ball where it needs to be. He was making the defense work, so it was a good sight to see.''
From what Dansby saw every day in practice, when Manziel was primarily simulating the opposing quarterback and running the opponents' plays, he thinks Manziel has what it takes.
"Success,'' said Dansby. "I see success if he works hard at it. The guy is talented. He can be a talented player for a long time to come. He's unique in the way he plays the game and hopefully he can continue to grow and become a better player.''
Dansby said Manziel, like Gilbert, just needs to put it all together.
"They're young and this was their first year,'' he said. "Like I said, they didn't know what to expect going into it, but now they know it's a man's game. And I think they'll make the adjustments, because they have made the adjustments in college to be successful. Hopefully this offseason we'll see the improvement and it will carry over into the season.''
Dansby was also disappointed to hear that All-Pro receiver Josh Gordon violated the substance abuse policy again and is facing banishment from the league for at least a year.
"It's unfortunate,'' he said. "The kid was trying to turn the corner to have a setback like that, we've got to continue to reach out to him and to continue to surround him and be his brothers and be there for him, uplift him and hopefully he can bounce back from this and he can learn from his mistakes.''
Clearly this isnt them just toeing the "team line" and "being nice"
No its not a case of "What else are they going to say..."
Because they did not have to go that far with it and you know it.
Glad to hear that.People saw the tweets and blurbs today and wrote Joe off as just being a nice guy.. but in the full article.. he went WAAAY deeper into it.. take a look
Thank the lord for Joe Haden..
Dansby also came out with MORE stuff..
Clearly this isnt them just toeing the "team line" and "being nice"
No its not a case of "What else are they going to say..."
Because they did not have to go that far with it and you know it.
I heard that yesterday and hoped it would shut up the crybaby especially for a few days but. ....
WSS
-
I hope the team has Johnny's back. It didn't look like it vs. Cincinnati. More importantly at this point, I hope Johnny makes it to August so we can see and learn more, including what Johnny's learned with these 8 months compared to last May-Dec. What a low bar.
-
Manziel is a joke. If you watched him play this year yoi saw that. His off field antics aren't worth the trouble of a seriously flawed qb.
Worst qb to play for the browns since their return. Well maybe even the worst ever to dawn the browns uni. I'd take holcomb over this clown.
-
This looks exactly like Manziel's beginning in the NFL "made his NFL debut with an inauspicious "mop-up" appearance against Detroit, going 0-2 with one interception.[10] Two weeks later against the Chicago Bears, in his first serious action, his initial pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Then he botched a hand-off on his next play, a fumble recovered by the Bears" who eventually won 58-27.
Yeah it was that other Johnny as in U.
-
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
-
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
-
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
-
-
I hope you are right. I don't see much bait on the hook.
yer right.....it's like a dead, half eaten, dried up worm.....but, if the fishy is hungry enough and kind of dumb, then you never know....
-
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
-
That's not the 2 nimrods!!..
look at the air conditioners..on the outside?..partying in a place without central air?......it looks like a dorm room somewhere....and even it they went somewhere warm to party...it wouldn't look like a dorm room..It would be a nice resort, in the Carribean, or South Beach..not some schlubby dorm room with outside air conditioning units......
They both still suck though!!
-
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Exactly my feeling.
I don't care about your fuckups as long as you're putting forth the effort and show that you care.
Any one of us can learn the playbook and nomenclature by Week 15. I guarantee it. I could teach it to even the dumbest poster on this board and they'd have a grasp by Week 8...because we all care about the Browns. We have that will to see them succeed.
Johnny seemingly doesn't give a fuck. He's famous. He's making his money. Playing in the NFL doesn't seem to be his dream. The fame you get from being in the NFL is seemingly all he wants.
Manziel lovers can say whatever they want about how I don't know his intentions, I can't speak for him, etc. But neither can you...and not knowing the one thing you have to know to do you job doesn't seem to be indicative of a person who gives a fuck.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Yeah I'm with ya there. I said it at the time and still believe this to be true when he first started. I honestly think the whole team expected this kid to come out and be "Johnny Football" and when he wasn't they all shit the bed. It was very discouraging though to say the least. I can even live with the INT's because both throws were "rookie mistake" throws looking back. But it's hard to look past the fact he looked absolutely lost out there.
-
Congrats and 26 years clean here. I'll go so far as to agree he knows whether he is or not. Let's be clear though if it walks , acts like and hangs with ducks it's probably a duck. He definitely has the feathers and quacks going.GuNNerGatSKy said:
Let's get something straight: the only person who truely knows if he has a drug or alcohol problem is Johnny Foosball himself. I laugh at everyone trying to cast labels
around as if that is going to make sense of the situation.
I know first hand what it is to be a alcoholic/addict. From those experiences I can tell you that manziel certainly exhibits many of the same behaviors I did while I was out there getting it in. But the only one that truely knows is Johnny.
Unfortunately, if he truely is a alcoholic and/or an addict, it's almost a certainty he will not stop until he reaches absolute rock bottom. Everything will burn, every bridge will be smashed, before he finally admits what he is. I know it took my reaching the deepest depths of despair within the living hell I had created before I finally got the help I needed. It's sad because, like most addicts, at heart he is probably a great person with a high IQ and potential.
Our greatest hope is that he is simply a young kid going through a stage of hard drinking and idiotic decisions. That is something one can quickly recover from. Alcoholism and addiction on the other hand is another animal.
Congrats and 26 years clean here. I'll go so far as to agree he knows whether he is or not. Let's be clear though if it walks , acts like and hangs with ducks it's probably a duck. He definitely has the feathers and quacks going.
Agreed. And no one knows an addict like another addict. I can know someobody for a few twenty four hours and can pretty quickly tell you if they do dope merely by their behaviors and mannerisms.
And congrats to you as well. 3 years here in June.
-
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Exactly. Connor Shaw with a lot less time and opportunity looked much better and more prepared than JM.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
