Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
-
I hope you are right. I don't see much bait on the hook.
yer right.....it's like a dead, half eaten, dried up worm.....but, if the fishy is hungry enough and kind of dumb, then you never know....
-
Let's face the music here guys: The two options the Browns seriously have at QB this season are to stick it out with Manziel to see what he's got or have another mediocre, back-up level QB behind center in Hoyer. This isn't saying I have faith in Manziel at all, but I'd rather go down in flames then sit through another sub-par season. I wouldn't be crying into my beer if they somehow let go of him, but the QB draft class is terrible save Mariota and Winston and they will be long gone before we draft.
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
-
That's not the 2 nimrods!!..
look at the air conditioners..on the outside?..partying in a place without central air?......it looks like a dorm room somewhere....and even it they went somewhere warm to party...it wouldn't look like a dorm room..It would be a nice resort, in the Carribean, or South Beach..not some schlubby dorm room with outside air conditioning units......
They both still suck though!!
-
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Exactly my feeling.
I don't care about your fuckups as long as you're putting forth the effort and show that you care.
Any one of us can learn the playbook and nomenclature by Week 15. I guarantee it. I could teach it to even the dumbest poster on this board and they'd have a grasp by Week 8...because we all care about the Browns. We have that will to see them succeed.
Johnny seemingly doesn't give a fuck. He's famous. He's making his money. Playing in the NFL doesn't seem to be his dream. The fame you get from being in the NFL is seemingly all he wants.
Manziel lovers can say whatever they want about how I don't know his intentions, I can't speak for him, etc. But neither can you...and not knowing the one thing you have to know to do you job doesn't seem to be indicative of a person who gives a fuck.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Yeah I'm with ya there. I said it at the time and still believe this to be true when he first started. I honestly think the whole team expected this kid to come out and be "Johnny Football" and when he wasn't they all shit the bed. It was very discouraging though to say the least. I can even live with the INT's because both throws were "rookie mistake" throws looking back. But it's hard to look past the fact he looked absolutely lost out there.
-
Congrats and 26 years clean here. I'll go so far as to agree he knows whether he is or not. Let's be clear though if it walks , acts like and hangs with ducks it's probably a duck. He definitely has the feathers and quacks going.GuNNerGatSKy said:
Let's get something straight: the only person who truely knows if he has a drug or alcohol problem is Johnny Foosball himself. I laugh at everyone trying to cast labels
around as if that is going to make sense of the situation.
I know first hand what it is to be a alcoholic/addict. From those experiences I can tell you that manziel certainly exhibits many of the same behaviors I did while I was out there getting it in. But the only one that truely knows is Johnny.
Unfortunately, if he truely is a alcoholic and/or an addict, it's almost a certainty he will not stop until he reaches absolute rock bottom. Everything will burn, every bridge will be smashed, before he finally admits what he is. I know it took my reaching the deepest depths of despair within the living hell I had created before I finally got the help I needed. It's sad because, like most addicts, at heart he is probably a great person with a high IQ and potential.
Our greatest hope is that he is simply a young kid going through a stage of hard drinking and idiotic decisions. That is something one can quickly recover from. Alcoholism and addiction on the other hand is another animal.
Congrats and 26 years clean here. I'll go so far as to agree he knows whether he is or not. Let's be clear though if it walks , acts like and hangs with ducks it's probably a duck. He definitely has the feathers and quacks going.
Agreed. And no one knows an addict like another addict. I can know someobody for a few twenty four hours and can pretty quickly tell you if they do dope merely by their behaviors and mannerisms.
And congrats to you as well. 3 years here in June.
-
yes this will happen unless the browns franchise gets bombarded with more manziel antics prior to the draft/TC. if there are more 'stupid' acts by him between now and then farmer will prob have him dangling out there like a piece of steak that hit the ground after the 30 sec. rule.
hey they went out and started to build the team last year w/o drafting a WR and did pretty well until the injury bug set in. who's to say they can't do it again this year w/o a QB?
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
-
A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
I reacted to the initial SouthBeach getaway as it was so close on the heels of his end of season "mea culpa", but since then I agree, nothing of concern. I even find the lack of news encouraging.
However, my greatest disappointment was not the workout miss, it was JM pissing away an entire season's worth of development. To come out in Week 15 botching play calls in the huddle is inexcusable and symptomatic of how completely lost he looked.
Exactly. Connor Shaw with a lot less time and opportunity looked much better and more prepared than JM.
-
Hmmm Joe Haden has a different opinion than what has been reported.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/cleveland_browns_joe_haden_joh.html
Hmmm Joe Haden has a different opinion than what has been reported.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/cleveland_browns_joe_haden_joh.html
Saw it Ag.
Karlos Dansby also said today that Johnny can lead them to a superbowl
Everyone got drunk on bashing Johnny... now that the smoke is cleared the truth is coming to light.. Johnny is still very much our future.
Which is why we are hiring his pro-day coach as our QB coach, and that coach was cut for Brian Hoyer from the Patriots.. so he probably hates Brian..
I love it.. you cant write this stuff
PGL- I can say it here- but not over there- you have your head so far up Johnny's ass, you can't see daylight. I have it at 75% he's even on the Browns roster come August. I have it at near 100% he's going to look like a doofus between now and then. I have it as 100% lead pipe lock the Browns will have a plan "B" going into the 2015 season.
What is this then?
"He makes things happen. He's a very exciting player. He was throwing the ball really well"
He was extending plays, making plays, making plays down the field, putting the ball where it needs to be. He was making the defense work, so it was a good sight to see.'
Obviously you didnt read it
Didn't need to. Are you that oblivious how someone looks in practice has zero bearing on how he'll look in game situations?
Oh I get it now Joe is the ambassador for the wobble heads and it isn't proper to talk negative about "challenged" people even if it is your 1st rd Qb. Sounds like Joe thinks Johnny is a very Special quarterback with Olympic skills.
LOL, JFF our ""Special" quarterback.
-
yeah I suppose, but WR is one of the easier position to fill. I do agree about Manziel antics if more come up but idk man. This may draw some ire around here but nothing he's done this off-season is stuff I care about. A 22 year old kid got photographed by the pool and in clubs drinking casually, big whoop. I care WAY more about the missing the workout at the end of the season than that crap. I'd reckon to guess 75% of the league is doing that stuff at this point if not worse.
Manziel's biggest problem is he needs to realize the world doesn't revolve him anymore. THAT is why he didn't show up on the field and that is why he missed the meetings if you ask me personally. He's been coddled his whole football career and now the Browns aren't doing that so this is where I want to see him respond.
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
With all that being said, the guy IMO (assuming he doesn't kill a hooker or something) deserves at least the pre-season and TC, etc to show what he's got. A game and a half no matter how bad is not good enough to evaluate a QB. I'm not confident he can turn it around but there's plenty of examples of guys who have. One can hope this year humbled the guy and someone got to him to make him understand the partying and fame will be over if he doesn't preform.
-
I believe if we have Hoyer and Manziel battling it out for the starting job in preseason Hoyer would beat him out again. If we could get a decent trade for Manziel I would do it and if not then give him another shot. The thing I don't like though is the distraction Manziel brings to the Browns.
-
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
With all that being said, the guy IMO (assuming he doesn't kill a hooker or something) deserves at least the pre-season and TC, etc to show what he's got. A game and a half no matter how bad is not good enough to evaluate a QB. I'm not confident he can turn it around but there's plenty of examples of guys who have. One can hope this year humbled the guy and someone got to him to make him understand the partying and fame will be over if he doesn't preform.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
sorry if I hear one more time the designed rollout was a bad play, I'm gonna puke. Is he mobile or not? The Johnny nuthuggers sure loved the qb dash for a TD- but damn- call a play where he can use his legs- it sucks.
-
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
With all that being said, the guy IMO (assuming he doesn't kill a hooker or something) deserves at least the pre-season and TC, etc to show what he's got. A game and a half no matter how bad is not good enough to evaluate a QB. I'm not confident he can turn it around but there's plenty of examples of guys who have. One can hope this year humbled the guy and someone got to him to make him understand the partying and fame will be over if he doesn't preform.
.... the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense....
News flash - the Browns run a pro-style offense.
sorry if I hear one more time the designed rollout was a bad play, I'm gonna puke. Is he mobile or not? The Johnny nuthuggers sure loved the qb dash for a TD- but damn- call a play where he can use his legs- it sucks.
Exactly. His elusiveness was what was supposed to separate him from the pack. It was his calling card. Johnny Fukin Elusive.
And didn't Johnny "pull a hamstring" anyway?????
How does a muscle pull get blamed on the play call or a linebacker??? We simply asked our running QB to run and he came up lame. Simple as that. Maybe he just wasn't in shape. Somehow I dont picture him as Mr. Fitness.
-
hey man i agree. i'm not a manziel hater. i'm a realist. if that kid was so Fing good he would have taken over the reigns of the team inTC last year.....no QB competition, he wins.......
BUT we all know that didn't happen. when i say this to you and all of his fans i don't want to sound disrespectful but where in anything last year did you see him be able to perform athletically at a nfl level?
if the kid 'tore up the nfl' like he said, he could be swinging by chadeliers acting like a foll and no one would care. the fact is he sucks so far and i were him or anyone involved with him i'd tell him to hit the books.
sadly, IMO even if he studied harder that hawkins or einstein i still think he wouldn't get it.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
With all that being said, the guy IMO (assuming he doesn't kill a hooker or something) deserves at least the pre-season and TC, etc to show what he's got. A game and a half no matter how bad is not good enough to evaluate a QB. I'm not confident he can turn it around but there's plenty of examples of guys who have. One can hope this year humbled the guy and someone got to him to make him understand the partying and fame will be over if he doesn't preform.
Firstly I'm really not a "fan" of Manziel but just of the Browns having a god damn QB who can play before I die. Anywho, what I said right after the Carolina game (and started a thread about it too) is that while very discouraged, the Browns were also setting him up to fail. The offense Shanny ran in the Cincy was laughably bad and the play JM got knocked out was a DESIGNED QB rollout to the edge against arguably the best LB core in the NFL. Before people read this the wrong way, I'm not making excuses for the fact he looked really bad out there. I'd even say to me personally he looked like the game was wayyy too fast out there. But, he's gotta have a shot in an actual pro-style offense.
With all that being said, the guy IMO (assuming he doesn't kill a hooker or something) deserves at least the pre-season and TC, etc to show what he's got. A game and a half no matter how bad is not good enough to evaluate a QB. I'm not confident he can turn it around but there's plenty of examples of guys who have. One can hope this year humbled the guy and someone got to him to make him understand the partying and fame will be over if he doesn't preform.
i get the small measure of work is not enough to judge how a person will develop, but it sure shows where that person is right now on a scale of overall knowledge of the game at that point in his career, which was almost non-existent and almost didn't make the scale.
i believe he'll get a shot (if he's still here) to win the starting role but i don't know if pettine will coin it 'a QB comp' again this year. if we resign hoyer or bring in a vet who thinks they are the starter the last words they'll want to hear is 'QB competition'. especially against someone who was supposed to be 'wrecking the league' but instead 'wrecking the locker room'.
-
but one of the catch phrases this fo likes to use is "to drive competition". They go on and on about it. Players pushing players to get better. Brian got a little thin skinned about it, but its in the best interest of the team NOT to give anybody anything. You have to compete and earn the job. That means QBs too.
-
OK some of you have not been happy with the QB I (
) sent you.3 or 4 years from now I have a better trained midget who just may challenge some of JF's A&M records.
Meet the cover boy for Parade HS All-America Team: Never lost a game in 3 state highest division Championship runs starting at age 15.
OK, Ok--I'll throw in his RT too (slated for LT in college), HS Junior Greg Little. Only the preliminary best player in the nation 2016 ESPN Top 300 players list.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
