Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?
  • @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

  • this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    at this point reading and hearing all the shit posted i could give a living shit who they pick.

    saw farmer and haslem in the box today watching the combine and it seems to to me that haslam has a lot more confidence in farmer than he did with heckyl and jeckyl.

    they were both watching the OL very carefully. don't be surprised when it ain't a QB @4 and we trade down.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.
  • this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    at this point reading and hearing all the shit posted i could give a living shit who they pick.

    saw farmer and haslem in the box today watching the combine and it seems to to me that haslam has a lot more confidence in farmer than he did with heckyl and jeckyl.

    they were both watching the OL very carefully. don't be surprised when it ain't a QB @4 and we trade down.

    @miktoxic said:

    this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    at this point reading and hearing all the shit posted i could give a living shit who they pick.

    saw farmer and haslem in the box today watching the combine and it seems to to me that haslam has a lot more confidence in farmer than he did with heckyl and jeckyl.

    they were both watching the OL very carefully. don't be surprised when it ain't a QB @4 and we trade down.

    I dont see a trade down, but possibly a trade up from 26, or us using our 2nd rounder to get a third first rounder.
  • @miktoxic said:

    this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    at this point reading and hearing all the shit posted i could give a living shit who they pick.

    saw farmer and haslem in the box today watching the combine and it seems to to me that haslam has a lot more confidence in farmer than he did with heckyl and jeckyl.

    they were both watching the OL very carefully. don't be surprised when it ain't a QB @4 and we trade down.

    I dont see a trade down, but possibly a trade up from 26, or us using our 2nd rounder to get a third first rounder.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I dont see a trade down, but possibly a trade up from 26, or us using our 2nd rounder to get a third first rounder.

    yes, i can see that too. but if all of farmer's QBs that you think might be in the top five he has no real respect for........i'm saying don't be surprised that he looks at other positions. and if he can get the guy he wants by trading down a spot or two gives him that chance.......i think he can sell it to pettine and haslam no probs.

    hey. i've come a long way to seeing what JF could do for our team.and yes big hands can make all the difference in the world. BUT the mind-set that never goes away is progression look down and then run will get you killed in the NFL.

    farmer is going to be our anti-holmgren, and whatever he decides to do, i'm with him. 100%.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I dont see a trade down, but possibly a trade up from 26, or us using our 2nd rounder to get a third first rounder.

    yes, i can see that too. but if all of farmer's QBs that you think might be in the top five he has no real respect for........i'm saying don't be surprised that he looks at other positions. and if he can get the guy he wants by trading down a spot or two gives him that chance.......i think he can sell it to pettine and haslam no probs.

    hey. i've come a long way to seeing what JF could do for our team.and yes big hands can make all the difference in the world. BUT the mind-set that never goes away is progression look down and then run will get you killed in the NFL.

    farmer is going to be our anti-holmgren, and whatever he decides to do, i'm with him. 100%.

    @miktoxic said:

    yes, i can see that too. but if all of farmer's QBs that you think might be in the top five he has no real respect for........i'm saying don't be surprised that he looks at other positions. and if he can get the guy he wants by trading down a spot or two gives him that chance.......i think he can sell it to pettine and haslam no probs.

    hey. i've come a long way to seeing what JF could do for our team.and yes big hands can make all the difference in the world. BUT the mind-set that never goes away is progression look down and then run will get you killed in the NFL.

    farmer is going to be our anti-holmgren, and whatever he decides to do, i'm with him. 100%.

    Hell I think its completely possible all of these QB prospects fall. Maybe thats what we trade up for? Im just glad Lombardi's out of the draft room.
  • this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    at this point reading and hearing all the shit posted i could give a living shit who they pick.

    saw farmer and haslem in the box today watching the combine and it seems to to me that haslam has a lot more confidence in farmer than he did with heckyl and jeckyl.

    they were both watching the OL very carefully. don't be surprised when it ain't a QB @4 and we trade down.

    @miktoxic said:

    this man love shit is going to keep on going until the actual pick comes may in the draft.

    They threw a fit over Sam being gay and then fell madly in love with a dude.

  • @mike-h said:

    "If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he says. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

    Anyone can talk big, doesn't mean anything.

  • @miktoxic said:

    great another brady queef draft party!!!

    Is Clowney all hype?

    After all he made 1 GREAT play and then took a year off

    @browns149 said:

    Is Clowney all hype?

    After all he made 1 GREAT play and then took a year off

    anyone who watched the games knows that isn't true.

  • if manziel plays a safe, clean game for us, if we draft him, I have no problems with it. You know hes a guy whos going to be looking for our primary targets like Gordon and Cameron, and can extend plays. The only thing is, is he worth the 1st round pick? Can we get somebody whos good enough without using that 4th pick? We can still improve our D a bit, in a way where we would only need a decent qb and a better running back to go all the way. We don't need an amazing player, as long as everyone else is good.

  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.

    @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    You well know I think there's about three other qbs that have even more excellent potential than Johnny Football- and IIRC, you have at least one. 🙂

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and is polesmoking JF. Go look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

  • @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    You well know I think there's about three other qbs that have even more excellent potential than Johnny Football- and IIRC, you have at least one. 🙂

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and is polesmoking JF. Go look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    @hoorta said:

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and I polesmoking JF. Goo look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.
  • @hoorta said:

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and I polesmoking JF. Goo look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

    I was just answering his question "Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?" I thought he meant we as in fans but i think he meant himself and mike after reading his response. Leave me alone, Hoyer is a brown who hasn't done anything but make fans happy for a lil bit... i'm allowed to like him. He's a Brown and i'm a Browns fan... what would be weird is if i was on a Browns forum expressing my love for other teams qbs.

  • stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    @miktoxic said:

    stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

  • @miktoxic said:

    stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

    @hoorta said:

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

    and the love fest for the top 4 or 5 guys next year will be the same as this year. and if we draft a QB who starts immediately and does squadoosh everyone will be screaming "we should have waited until next year!!!!!!"

    obviously if we do draft a QB everyone will compete for the job and wouldn't it be funny if hoyer wins out? wouldn't that be a gas!

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

    It's all about the trophies nowadays. Remember, they give trophies for participation and I think farting starting in elementary school.