Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • @miktoxic said:

    great another brady queef draft party!!!

    Is Clowney all hype?

    After all he made 1 GREAT play and then took a year off

    B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Is Clowney all hype?

    After all he made 1 GREAT play and then took a year off

    anyone who watched the games knows that isn't true.

  • B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by BrownsFanatic

    if manziel plays a safe, clean game for us, if we draft him, I have no problems with it. You know hes a guy whos going to be looking for our primary targets like Gordon and Cameron, and can extend plays. The only thing is, is he worth the 1st round pick? Can we get somebody whos good enough without using that 4th pick? We can still improve our D a bit, in a way where we would only need a decent qb and a better running back to go all the way. We don't need an amazing player, as long as everyone else is good.

  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    You well know I think there's about three other qbs that have even more excellent potential than Johnny Football- and IIRC, you have at least one. 🙂

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and is polesmoking JF. Go look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

  • @mike-h said:

    So, having two QBs with excellent potential on the same team is a bad thing because.....?

    You well know I think there's about three other qbs that have even more excellent potential than Johnny Football- and IIRC, you have at least one. 🙂

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    yeah, its a great story...I couldn't care less what our fan base thinks regarding the QB situation.

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and is polesmoking JF. Go look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and I polesmoking JF. Goo look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.
  • @hoorta said:

    And I could give a rat's ass what some blogger thinks who obviously didn't even watch any tape on Hoyer, and I polesmoking JF. Goo look up what Walter Football said a few years back about RGII that three firsts and a second was the "correct" price to pay for him. I think if I were a Redskins fan, I'd want an apology about that comment.

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/3874/poll-results-fans-strongly-behind-hoyer-in-14

    and this is the stuff that was being said before he got flattened http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/hoyer-restores-hometown-buzz-by-rejuvenating-browns-20131001 he left alot of fans saying "what if"

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

    J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by J0hnnybg00d

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Winning two games, one against the worst pass defense in the league, means "great potential"?

    Got it.

    I was just answering his question "Since when did we decide Hoyer has excellent potential?" I thought he meant we as in fans but i think he meant himself and mike after reading his response. Leave me alone, Hoyer is a brown who hasn't done anything but make fans happy for a lil bit... i'm allowed to like him. He's a Brown and i'm a Browns fan... what would be weird is if i was on a Browns forum expressing my love for other teams qbs.

  • stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

  • @miktoxic said:

    stfu everybody. i know how good tark and marino and kelly were, hell we had glimpses of greatness with flippin kosar.

    everyone was bringing up the fact that JF reminds them of tark and how great he was. yeah he was great, but put him on the list of great players that never won the big one.

    that's all.

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    uhhhh ok. Why do I care about what Walter said about the RGIII trade? Our fan base always wants to give the underdog a chance. We've passed on multiple great QBs for McCoy, Anderson, Quinn, etc.. I guarantee nobody in that front office is looking at Hoyer like hes much more than a stop-gap starter/backup, and they will no doubt try and upgrade the position. Just a matter of how and when.

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic

    @hoorta said:

    Because almost without exception, the draft gurus fall in love with "this year's model", and they're f**king doing it again- in spades- with Manziel. History guy, RE: RGIII- that being the worst example. Stiffs like Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, and Matt Leinart got praised to high heaven about their superior quarterbacking skills before the draft- it took me a looooong time, but I finally figured out to totally not buy into the hype. And you're forgetting history- again- the trade up for Brady Quinn worked out really well- NOT!!! Nothing worse that reaching for a qb if the talent isn't there. FWIW, I was screaming for months way back when Quinn wasn't worth the risk. I'm saying the same about Johnny Football ©, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Too bad he's already a legend in his own mind.

    No one in the Front Office? talked to Farmer lately to see what he's got in mind? When may well not be this year, or not in the top 4. I'm not averse to drafting a qb- just after 20 tries draft the right one for a change. And I saw what I saw in Hoyer- he may well be a two game wonder- like Scott Mitchell, or maybe not. I can't believe some Browns fans want to throw him under the bus as nothing more than a stopgap after a promising start. Nothing wrong about drafting an insurance policy though.

    and the love fest for the top 4 or 5 guys next year will be the same as this year. and if we draft a QB who starts immediately and does squadoosh everyone will be screaming "we should have waited until next year!!!!!!"

    obviously if we do draft a QB everyone will compete for the job and wouldn't it be funny if hoyer wins out? wouldn't that be a gas!

  • @ballpeen said:

    I think that is a limited way to look at it. I don't think the measure of a good QB is who won championships. I think the measure is who put their team in to position to play for championships.

    I think that's all you can ask of any one player.

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

    It's all about the trophies nowadays. Remember, they give trophies for participation and I think farting starting in elementary school.

  • Zombo said:

    That is spot on, and for some reason, this perfect logic is getting buried in today's sports fan society.

    Marino and Fouts would actually be looked at as liabilities, like Tony Romo, if they were playing today, because they didn't have rings.

    We evaluate 40 times of guards like it is the key to the draft, but in the end the win/fail is all put on the QB and not the other 52 who were so scrutinized when they came into the league.

    NFL Championships are so hard to win, and they take every man's effort, coach and player.

    This whole NBAism of the NFL "he's got two ... He's got one ... He's got three, so he's clearly the best" is so damn simpleminded that it's bothersome.

    Z

    It's all about the trophies nowadays. Remember, they give trophies for participation and I think farting starting in elementary school.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It's all about the trophies nowadays. Remember, they give trophies for participation and I think farting starting in elementary school.

    fran tarkenton was a great QB, no denying it.

    but when you make a list of the best QBs of all time, where would he land?

    i guarantee you the guys that actually won super bowls will be ahead of the guys that didn't, well maybe except dilfer.

    individual records and stats are great but people do judge players by championships before individual records.

    that's all i'm saying.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    It's all about the trophies nowadays. Remember, they give trophies for participation and I think farting starting in elementary school.

    fran tarkenton was a great QB, no denying it.

    but when you make a list of the best QBs of all time, where would he land?

    i guarantee you the guys that actually won super bowls will be ahead of the guys that didn't, well maybe except dilfer.

    individual records and stats are great but people do judge players by championships before individual records.

    that's all i'm saying.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    fran tarkenton was a great QB, no denying it.

    but when you make a list of the best QBs of all time, where would he land?

    i guarantee you the guys that actually won super bowls will be ahead of the guys that didn't, well maybe except dilfer.

    individual records and stats are great but people do judge players by championships before individual records.

    that's all i'm saying.

    maybe when comparing who is the best of all time, but theres no denying he put his team in a position to win it all multiple times.
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    1901533_679705538742804_1132523720_n.jpg

  • @jeffinwv said:

    talk shit...old man.I cant stand that POS! Trying to down Manziel...I hope he kills your team one day.thinks hes a great GM..he picked up Peyton...wow!!! you saw what know other GM did old man.

    keep taking all you doubters...

    Are you going to let your boy toy shack up with you if his career washes out?

    J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Are you going to let your boy toy shack up with you if his career washes out?

    are you gonna like it when he does the money sign over top of pittsburg for some team?

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    WTF is a money sign?

    goes to show how old you are with a term like that.

    dude you've got such a man crush.

  • J jeffinwv wrote on last edited by

    Honeslty id say im older than you..and Im dam sure I make more money than you...

    I just like rattling some of yalls cages...but Johnneys gonna show all yall!

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    A large portion of JFF fanboys make his legitimacy suffer.

    Looking forward to the draft and seeing how it all plays out. Would like to see him in Cleveland, but it might be unrealistic.

    very true, its almost as if he has more people against him just because of his fame than fanboys though. Why unrealistic at this point, though?
  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    I think he'll be gone by No. 4. He measures up to Russell Wilson, and Wilson paved the way proving talent and durability can overcome height shortcomings.

    Trading up is what I meant by unrealistic, I'm not sure that's an option Farmer would support from what he's said so far. However, it could be smoke, as a lot of stuff around this process is. He's not going to say he's targeting Manziel, no matter how many ways he's asked the question.

    No one has any idea other than Farmer and his staff, probably only Farmer and his upper level guys and Jimmy.

    My guess is the odds are against JF playing for the Browns.

    I agree with everything, except your certainty he'll be gone.
  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    I also dont think its unrealistic we trade up. If the Texans dont go QB, the Rams will be sitting there with our opportunity to hop Jacksonville for our pick of the litter. The price likely wouldnt be very high because the Rams wouldn't want to drop past 4(5?)to assure Watkins, Robinson or Matthews (maybe Clowney?). Jacksonville probably wouldnt drive the price up because theyd feel like they were bidding against a ghost. Raiders could possibly throw a wrench in there.