Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • look at evans #10 on that new mock and read his description....."an incredible bad ball catcher"........is all you need to know about manziel.

    yeah he's learning about cleveland. what, that it snows? that the wind whips around the stadium like a beast? good to know. maybe he should go there before the winter ends and see how he likes it.

    it's like someone from the south driving in a place where it never snows. has that usually turn out?

  • @walterwhite said:

    Come the fuck on dude, tons of QB's come from warm climates to play in Cold ones.

    Aaron Rogers went from Chico, CA to Green Bay and did fine.

    Brett Favre went from Southern Miss to Green Bay and did fine.

    John Elway from Stanford to Mile High.

    Eli Manning from Ole Miss to NYC

    Andy Dalton from Texas to Cinci

    The list goes on and on...

    Yeah, Bret Favre came from Gulfport Mississippi and won like 46 games in a row in Green Bay where the temp was below 40.

    Tough guys can play in any weather.

    Jason Campbell seemed bothered by the weather last year ... don't think he's a tough guy.

    Zombo

  • @walterwhite said:

    Come the fuck on dude, tons of QB's come from warm climates to play in Cold ones.

    Aaron Rogers went from Chico, CA to Green Bay and did fine.

    Brett Favre went from Southern Miss to Green Bay and did fine.

    John Elway from Stanford to Mile High.

    Eli Manning from Ole Miss to NYC

    Andy Dalton from Texas to Cinci

    The list goes on and on...

    Eli might be in the HoF one day but it's interesting that the three sure fire HoF'er of those 5 have strong arms and Manning and Dalton who haven't been that great do not.

    Makes you wonder about Manziel and his questionable arm strength.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    @soju said:

    We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    Id wait longer for a reciever and Id take Beckham over Cooks.
  • Manziel & Beckham...fine. Not thrilled, but fine. As long as we pick up an ILB, an RB, a CB and an OG in there somewhere as well I'll be happy (via draft & FA, obviously)

  • take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

  • take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

    @mld-woody said:

    take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

    I dont think there is any way possible Clowney makes it past 2. I think the Texans take him.
  • Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

  • Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

    @londonbrown said:

    Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

    His hands are the same size as Bridgewater's...
  • @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

  • Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

  • Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

    Bortles hands are 1/8" bigger than Bridgewater, both are smaller than Manziel.

  • Yeah but Bortles is a big guy isn't he, JF is a rake, he'll get obliterated!

  • Zombo said:

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

    @masterdog said:

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

    What's your point?

    That I can't tell jackshit about players by watching them play and reading scouting reports?

    Zombo

  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    @soju said:

    We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    I wouldn't be thrilled with either. I prefer a QB at the bottom of the 1st top of the 2nd although Bortles intrigues me a bit at the top of the 1st round. For the WR Cooks straight line speed was impressive but for overall WR skill sets I believe there are a host of better options.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    It is not really a stereotype if it is true.

    Look at the QBs in this division: All about the size you mention.

    Can a Brian Sipe sized person succeed? Obviously.

    But when it comes to playing the odds, the big strong QB seems to have a better chance than the smaller type.

    I don't know, but I would probably bet that Russell Wilson is one of the 2 or 3 shortest QBs ever to win a SB.

    But a lot of 6/4 6/5 guys have.

  • Speed alone is helpful, but history has shown that speed alone doesn't make a great receiver. David Heyward-Bey, Renaldo Nehemiah....even Ted Ginn Jr. all couldn't quite reach elite receiver level on speed alone.

    Do we need a field stretcher? Sure. Is Travis Benjamin our man for that job? He was till he got hurt. Do we need more speed?

    You can never have enough speed.

  • I saw a stat that only 1 or 2 sub 4.40 WRs have posted 1000 yards seasons in the last 11 years.

    Speed is simply 1 component