Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    most of the stuff coming out is being put out as either a smoke screen or something to fuel a rumor that will be used to make phone rings pre-draft.

    chip kelly better stir up something because his ass is sitting on the hottest seat in the NFL right now.

    and btw i like bradford but not as a brown. manziel for bradford straight up.....maybe but i'd rather wait to see what the kid has. i know it might cost us draft day trade value but that trade would have to be for something else other than a crippled-ass QB.

  • most of the stuff coming out is being put out as either a smoke screen or something to fuel a rumor that will be used to make phone rings pre-draft.

    chip kelly better stir up something because his ass is sitting on the hottest seat in the NFL right now.

    and btw i like bradford but not as a brown. manziel for bradford straight up.....maybe but i'd rather wait to see what the kid has. i know it might cost us draft day trade value but that trade would have to be for something else other than a crippled-ass QB.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    most of the stuff coming out is being put out as either a smoke screen or something to fuel a rumor that will be used to make phone rings pre-draft.

    chip kelly better stir up something because his ass is sitting on the hottest seat in the NFL right now.

    and btw i like bradford but not as a brown. manziel for bradford straight up.....maybe but i'd rather wait to see what the kid has. i know it might cost us draft day trade value but that trade would have to be for something else other than a crippled-ass QB.

    I would swap Manziel for Bradford straight up but I wouldn't give up anything else.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by

    I usually do not buy into the speculation, but there is a guy I work that is very good friends with a prominent Cleveland sportscaster, that the talks are happening. They are not sure the pieces.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    you have to understand that these are the same people that said the browns were going to lose a first round draft pick because of the farmer texting incident.

    i'll believe it when i see it. until then, i call bullshit.

  • you have to understand that these are the same people that said the browns were going to lose a first round draft pick because of the farmer texting incident.

    i'll believe it when i see it. until then, i call bullshit.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by

    @miktoxic said:

    you have to understand that these are the same people that said the browns were going to lose a first round draft pick because of the farmer texting incident.

    i'll believe it when i see it. until then, i call bullshit.

    True man, I agree, I am just saying what was told to him from a good friend.

  • I usually do not buy into the speculation, but there is a guy I work that is very good friends with a prominent Cleveland sportscaster, that the talks are happening. They are not sure the pieces.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I usually do not buy into the speculation, but there is a guy I work that is very good friends with a prominent Cleveland sportscaster, that the talks are happening. They are not sure the pieces.

    Combine the way Chip has been wheeling and dealing with the QB-quest Farmer has been assigned and there is no telling who or what may be on the proverbial table.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I cannot wait until Manziel gets out of rehab and shuts up everybody... which probably won't work since everyone wants to bash the kid. It's gay. Manziel wasn't supposed to play last year, yet he did, since Hoyer chocked went it came crunch time, Manziel was thrown to the wolves. Give the fucking kid a chance to prove himself.

    He will be fine when he's not looking over his shoulder at a pouty face cry baby as Brian Hoyer. Win or go home. The same will be for Manziel if he can't get it in the pros. But he should be given a fair chance. Get the kid some weapons and lets see what he's got. We haven't even scratched the surface of what Manziel can do come gametime. I for one, cannot wait.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic

    the kid was a wasted draft pick. what nfl team has a year to throw away on a kid who doesn't give a crap about anyone but themselves, doesn't put in the time and looks like a 3rd stringer at best? that's not even mentioning the media circus and obnoxious fans that came with him. you think that might have had something to do with hoyer choKing?

    it'd be great if somehow he pulls open his jersey and there's a big S under it, he grows 2" taller and actually has the capacity to learn the playbook and read defenses.................

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    I have been & still am a Manziel fan. He has a passion for football & I want to see him succeed. Has the kid made mistakes? YEAH! Did I make those type mistakes at his age...oh YEAH!

    The kid is in rehab, so I'm with PG on this. Let's give Johnny a fair chance & see what happens. Who knows how his Browns' team mates & FO deal with him, but as a Browns' Fan, I'll support whatever decision(s) they make.

    Mike

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    The kid will be nothing more than a footnote on some future board game. Sooner the Browns move on, the better.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @kosar_for_president said:

    OK, read it. Mr. Farmer, I have one suggestion to you. Go watch the play Bradford blew out his ACL against the Browns last preseason- and every other time he's done so- a few hundred times. Get back to me and tell me with a straight face you think the second coming of KiJana Carter or Lawyer Tillman is worth Manziel and a first round pick.

    @walterwhite said:

    A 1st rounder for a QB who's missed 31 games in 5 seasons with a passer rating of 79 and a massive contract.

    I'd give up a 4th and that's it.

    About right.

    @mark-o said:

    I would swap Manziel for Bradford straight up but I wouldn't give up anything else.

    Not even sure I'd go that high Mark.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    OK, read it. Mr. Farmer, I have one suggestion to you. Go watch the play Bradford blew out his ACL against the Browns last preseason- and every other time he's done so- a few hundred times. Get back to me and tell me with a straight face you think the second coming of KiJana Carter or Lawyer Tillman is worth Manziel and a first round pick.

    @walterwhite said:

    A 1st rounder for a QB who's missed 31 games in 5 seasons with a passer rating of 79 and a massive contract.

    I'd give up a 4th and that's it.

    About right.

    @mark-o said:

    I would swap Manziel for Bradford straight up but I wouldn't give up anything else.

    Not even sure I'd go that high Mark.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    OK, read it. Mr. Farmer, I have one suggestion to you. Go watch the play Bradford blew out his ACL against the Browns last preseason- and every other time he's done so- a few hundred times. Get back to me and tell me with a straight face you think the second coming of KiJana Carter or Lawyer Tillman is worth Manziel and a first round pick.

    I'm 100% sure that's just a blowing smoke rumor but seriously, who the heck would want Bradford? I'd GLADLY rather see what Manziel brings to the table than get Bradford even if it was a straight up player swap. That's not a ringing endorsement for Manziel either.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Best comment I have seen so far on the rumor if true, "Sam Bradford is a bust who's as soft as a Kleenex. Will Cleveland EVER get it right??"

  • I basically want to hear from Manziel on the first day of camp saying he's back and ready to concentrate on football, then nothing at all from him until the exhibition games in the summer. I want to hear from *everybody else* how great he's doing, and see no pictures of him on anything inflatable. Is that so unrealistic? 🙁

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @gftchris said:

    I want to hear from *everybody else* how great he's doing, and see no pictures of him on anything inflatable. Is that so unrealistic? 🙁

    I may get him once of those blow up girlfriends on Amazon. Rumor is she doesn't drink or do selfies. 😆

    http://www.amazon.com/24x36-School-Ferrell-Blow-Up-Poster/dp/B000TFG4XI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1428498931&sr=8-9&keywords=blow+up+dolls

  • @gftchris said:

    I want to hear from *everybody else* how great he's doing, and see no pictures of him on anything inflatable. Is that so unrealistic? 🙁

    I may get him once of those blow up girlfriends on Amazon. Rumor is she doesn't drink or do selfies. 😆

    http://www.amazon.com/24x36-School-Ferrell-Blow-Up-Poster/dp/B000TFG4XI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1428498931&sr=8-9&keywords=blow+up+dolls

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I defer to the voice of experience. LOL! 😛

    They never bitch.....

  • mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
  • I cannot wait until Manziel gets out of rehab and shuts up everybody... which probably won't work since everyone wants to bash the kid. It's gay. Manziel wasn't supposed to play last year, yet he did, since Hoyer chocked went it came crunch time, Manziel was thrown to the wolves. Give the fucking kid a chance to prove himself.

    He will be fine when he's not looking over his shoulder at a pouty face cry baby as Brian Hoyer. Win or go home. The same will be for Manziel if he can't get it in the pros. But he should be given a fair chance. Get the kid some weapons and lets see what he's got. We haven't even scratched the surface of what Manziel can do come gametime. I for one, cannot wait.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I cannot wait until Manziel gets out of rehab and shuts up everybody... which probably won't work since everyone wants to bash the kid. It's gay. Manziel wasn't supposed to play last year, yet he did, since Hoyer chocked went it came crunch time, Manziel was thrown to the wolves. Give the fucking kid a chance to prove himself.

    He will be fine when he's not looking over his shoulder at a pouty face cry baby as Brian Hoyer. Win or go home. The same will be for Manziel if he can't get it in the pros. But he should be given a fair chance. Get the kid some weapons and lets see what he's got. We haven't even scratched the surface of what Manziel can do come gametime. I for one, cannot wait.

    PG is in Manziels corner? His career is fucked.

    "cry baby Hoyer" You mean the QB that had a winning record as a starter for the Browns? Do you even watch the games? Manziel had an entire season to be prepared for his chance and he sucked giant donkey balls. He looked like a high school player trying to play in the NFL.

  • I cannot wait until Manziel gets out of rehab and shuts up everybody... which probably won't work since everyone wants to bash the kid. It's gay. Manziel wasn't supposed to play last year, yet he did, since Hoyer chocked went it came crunch time, Manziel was thrown to the wolves. Give the fucking kid a chance to prove himself.

    He will be fine when he's not looking over his shoulder at a pouty face cry baby as Brian Hoyer. Win or go home. The same will be for Manziel if he can't get it in the pros. But he should be given a fair chance. Get the kid some weapons and lets see what he's got. We haven't even scratched the surface of what Manziel can do come gametime. I for one, cannot wait.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I cannot wait until Manziel gets out of rehab and shuts up everybody... which probably won't work since everyone wants to bash the kid. It's gay. Manziel wasn't supposed to play last year, yet he did, since Hoyer chocked went it came crunch time, Manziel was thrown to the wolves. Give the fucking kid a chance to prove himself.

    So JM will shut up the doubters, but only if the doubters shut up and quit doubting him?

    JM was supposed to play last year. Don't you remember the "change of pace" plan? The limited game packages suited to JM's skill set to be unleashed at key moments? Can't exactly blame you that you do not as they did not last long. Regardless... you can't play the rookie card in Week 16.

    @canton-mike said:

    I have been & still am a Manziel fan. He has a passion for football & I want to see him succeed.

    The kid is in rehab, so I'm with PG on this. Let's give Johnny a fair chance & see what happens.

    Short of booing him at any sighting, what can we as fans do to "unfair" his chances?

    What I fear most... what is at the heart of the grave doubts I hold... is that his passion for football was all wrapped up in the same bulletproof behavior pattern that kept him from applying himself to learn his craft while simultaneously partying himself into rehab.

    Reckless play and reckless living were both parts of the invincible Johnny Football. Now he's just the vincible Johnny Manziel facing a life rebuild... at the ripe old age of 22.