Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    Id wait longer for a reciever and Id take Beckham over Cooks.
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Manziel & Beckham...fine. Not thrilled, but fine. As long as we pick up an ILB, an RB, a CB and an OG in there somewhere as well I'll be happy (via draft & FA, obviously)

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

  • take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    take Garrapollo in the 2d and sign a FA QB.

    Roll with Garrapollo, Hoyer and the more veteran QB.

    Pick up some BPAs in the first. Fuck... if Clowney is there at 4...

    I dont think there is any way possible Clowney makes it past 2. I think the Texans take him.
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

  • Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Garrapolo has tiny hands how can he possibly throw the ball in Cle weather?

    His hands are the same size as Bridgewater's...
  • @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

  • Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I don't want him either. Of the QB's available I'd only go with Bortles and not at 4. AFCN is a tough division and the weather doesn't help, Manziel or Teddy won't succeed here IMO

    Bortles hands are 1/8" bigger than Bridgewater, both are smaller than Manziel.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Yeah but Bortles is a big guy isn't he, JF is a rake, he'll get obliterated!

  • Zombo said:

    The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.

    I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.

    Zombo

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @masterdog said:

    They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.

    There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.

    There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.

    In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.

    What's your point?

    That I can't tell jackshit about players by watching them play and reading scouting reports?

    Zombo

  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    I wouldn't be thrilled with either. I prefer a QB at the bottom of the 1st top of the 2nd although Bortles intrigues me a bit at the top of the 1st round. For the WR Cooks straight line speed was impressive but for overall WR skill sets I believe there are a host of better options.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    It is not really a stereotype if it is true.

    Look at the QBs in this division: All about the size you mention.

    Can a Brian Sipe sized person succeed? Obviously.

    But when it comes to playing the odds, the big strong QB seems to have a better chance than the smaller type.

    I don't know, but I would probably bet that Russell Wilson is one of the 2 or 3 shortest QBs ever to win a SB.

    But a lot of 6/4 6/5 guys have.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Speed alone is helpful, but history has shown that speed alone doesn't make a great receiver. David Heyward-Bey, Renaldo Nehemiah....even Ted Ginn Jr. all couldn't quite reach elite receiver level on speed alone.

    Do we need a field stretcher? Sure. Is Travis Benjamin our man for that job? He was till he got hurt. Do we need more speed?

    You can never have enough speed.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    I saw a stat that only 1 or 2 sub 4.40 WRs have posted 1000 yards seasons in the last 11 years.

    Speed is simply 1 component

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    You'd think some olympic sprinters who aren't going to finish higher than 10th ever would consider playing some NFL if speed were all that was required.

  • RemarkerR Remarker wrote on last edited by

    UCF has come out of nowhere to become impact in the last 2+ years. Bortles didn't do it by himself. I like him tho.

    More important is the OL like Tox (iirc) said. Fleet footed guards help the read/option threat.

  • @walterwhite said:

    I swear Browns fans are blinded by this stereotype that you have to be 6'4 230 pounds and have a rocket arm to succeed in a cold climate

    It is not really a stereotype if it is true.

    Look at the QBs in this division: All about the size you mention.

    Can a Brian Sipe sized person succeed? Obviously.

    But when it comes to playing the odds, the big strong QB seems to have a better chance than the smaller type.

    I don't know, but I would probably bet that Russell Wilson is one of the 2 or 3 shortest QBs ever to win a SB.

    But a lot of 6/4 6/5 guys have.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It is not really a stereotype if it is true.

    Look at the QBs in this division: All about the size you mention.

    Can a Brian Sipe sized person succeed? Obviously.

    But when it comes to playing the odds, the big strong QB seems to have a better chance than the smaller type.

    I don't know, but I would probably bet that Russell Wilson is one of the 2 or 3 shortest QBs ever to win a SB.

    But a lot of 6/4 6/5 guys have.

    How can you say a small QB wont work if it hasnt really been tried? Big QBs usually have big hands and you used to be a lot bigger to take all those hits. With the new rules favoring QBs, it makes it a little easier for the small guys.
  • UCF has come out of nowhere to become impact in the last 2+ years. Bortles didn't do it by himself. I like him tho.

    More important is the OL like Tox (iirc) said. Fleet footed guards help the read/option threat.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @remarker said:

    UCF has come out of nowhere to become impact in the last 2+ years. Bortles didn't do it by himself. I like him tho.

    More important is the OL like Tox (iirc) said. Fleet footed guards help the read/option threat.

    I think Robinson would help this team more than any player thats not a QB. If you have him, Thomas, and Mack, I could gain 4 ypc. If we draft Manziel Id still want to stay away from the read option as anything more than a ploy to keep d's thinking/honest.
  • We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    We all know what Manziel brings, but Cooks came out of nowhere at the combine and posted a 4.33 40-yard dash--best overall for wide receivers.

    Odell Beckham Jr., another possible choice with our second 1st round pick posted a 4.43--same as Watkins.

    ABM, In beer, it's Anything but Miller. Football. Anything but Manziel.