Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • From English into???

    https://translate.google.com/

    @tour2ma said:

    From English into???

    https://translate.google.com/

    From Ebonics into English, if ya'll understands that in TX.

  • Here's my "I want to piss everyone off" draft.

    #1) Tampa Bay - Winston

    #2) Tennessee - Trades with Cleveland

    (Cleveland trades #12, #19, Josh Gordon, and two fourth round picks for #2)

    #2) Cleveland - Trades with New York

    (New York trades #6, #37 and 2016 1st round pick for #2, 2015 5th round pick and 2016 third round pick)

    #2) New York via Cleveland via Tennessee - Mariota

    #3) Jacksonville - Dante Fowler, Jr.

    #4) Oakland - Amari Cooper

    #5) Redskins - Shane Ray

    #6) Cleveland - Leonard Williams

    Cleveland then trades Johnny Manziel to Philadelphia for Tim Tebow and a 2016 second round pick.

    Cleveland takes Devin Smith and Eric Kendricks in the second.

    RECAP:

    Cleveland loses #12, #19, two fourth round picks, fifth round pick, 2016 third round pick, Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon

    Cleveland gains #6, #37, 2016 first round pick, 2016 second round pick, Tim Tebow

    Cleveland drafts Leonard Williams, Devin Smith, Eric Kendricks, BPA

    In 2016, Cleveland packages both firsts and a second to move up and take Cardale Jones.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I have never believed, and I don't believe now, that he did this on his own. I believe the Browns wisely went to him and said "you've signed up for rehab, here are your plane tickets, don't fuck this up".

    Well the only logical conclusion from that is that the Browns front office is full of liars, including coach Pettine.

  • Only little flaw is that Williams does not get past both Jags and Skins-no way Jose.

  • Yea, OK, we could get crazy....but, why?

  • Here's my "I want to piss everyone off" draft.

    TC

    *************************************
    That is the funniest mock draft of the whole spring.

  • Only little flaw is that Williams does not get past both Jags and Skins-no way Jose.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Only little flaw is that Williams does not get past both Jags and Skins-no way Jose.

    I personally think he makes it past the Jags, but definitely not the Raiders...however rumors have it that teams aren't valuing him as much as the media is.

    I think I basically just went pick for pick with McShay's recent mock draft for Picks 3, 4 and 5...I don't care enough about those teams to actually do research on which individual players they like the most - just positions.

  • Yea, OK, we could get crazy....but, why?

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, OK, we could get crazy....but, why?

    Just to do it.

    I'm in a very troll mood today. I also think we should trade up, then trade back, then trade back again just to see if we can gain an extra first round pick in 2016 and not lose any picks in the first three rounds of this years draft.

  • lol.. well troll on then...

    Say we pull off the deal w/ TN (and we should.... it's pretty generous), but get stuck at #2. Who do you take? MM? It's what you had to have been telling NYJ you were prepared to do, if they did not deal.

    There'd be other calls as well.... SD?

    I do love the detail though... like getting 2016 picks involved. What's the discount two years out?

  • Just watched the Farmer pressy and....as usual.....the guy was a rock. Very very little insight into their thinking for the draft.

    Just a lot of "we will try to get better"....drive competition....etc......BUT.....BUT......

    the one think he did address and speak to....that I believed....was when he was asked about rumors of us moving up or trading multiple picks for a qb. And his response basically.....to me......said he thinks it's foolish to overspend, when the draft is so uncertain......and he also said he thinks QB is important, but has come to terms with the fact that there is no silver bullet and you dont burn your draft hoping that there is.....bottom line...you build a solid TEAM and then win with an average QB.....and if the cards fall right and you get lucky with a Brady or an opportunity for a Luck, then great....but you dont force it or expect it or plan on it...

    So....my take......we aren't trading up.....

  • lol.. well troll on then...

    Say we pull off the deal w/ TN (and we should.... it's pretty generous), but get stuck at #2. Who do you take? MM? It's what you had to have been telling NYJ you were prepared to do, if they did not deal.

    There'd be other calls as well.... SD?

    I do love the detail though... like getting 2016 picks involved. What's the discount two years out?

    @tour2ma said:

    lol.. well troll on then...

    Say we pull off the deal w/ TN (and we should.... it's pretty generous), but get stuck at #2. Who do you take? MM? It's what you had to have been telling NYJ you were prepared to do, if they did not deal.

    There'd be other calls as well.... SD?

    I do love the detail though... like getting 2016 picks involved. What's the discount two years out?

    I'd take Mariota if we were absolutely, positively stuck. However, I think there'd be more than one willing trade partner. In this scenario, my end game is to get both a first and second round pick in 2016, and get the most talented player at (probably) our biggest area of need.

    Depth is supremely important, but adding Williams and Cardale Jones (to me) makes up for the loss of possible draft depth.

    @mudfly said:

    Just watched the Farmer pressy and....as usual.....the guy was a rock. Very very little insight into their thinking for the draft.

    Just a lot of "we will try to get better"....drive competition....etc......BUT.....BUT......

    the one think he did address and speak to....that I believed....was when he was asked about rumors of us moving up or trading multiple picks for a qb. And his response basically.....to me......said he thinks it's foolish to overspend, when the draft is so uncertain......and he also said he thinks QB is important, but has come to terms with the fact that there is no silver bullet and you dont burn your draft hoping that there is.....bottom line...you build a solid TEAM and then win with an average QB.....and if the cards fall right and you get lucky with a Brady or an opportunity for a Luck, then great....but you dont force it or expect it or plan on it...

    So....my take......we aren't trading up.....

    Except that rarely happens. Teams don't find sustained postseason success with an average QB. I'd rather go 4-12 and keep swinging for the fences on QB's than go 9-7 and continually lose in the wild card round.

  • i hope mud's take on the farmer presser is correct. build the team from the lines back, middle out. when that is taken care of start adding the bling. grab a good to great WR this year. maybe a running back who has the speed and durability with no head issues. then go for the shiny hood ornament when everything else is in place. and if you happen to pick a 2nd round QB who turns out to be that shiny hood ornament this year then better for us next year in the draft.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol.. well troll on then...

    Say we pull off the deal w/ TN (and we should.... it's pretty generous), but get stuck at #2. Who do you take? MM? It's what you had to have been telling NYJ you were prepared to do, if they did not deal.

    There'd be other calls as well.... SD?

    I do love the detail though... like getting 2016 picks involved. What's the discount two years out?

    I'd take Mariota if we were absolutely, positively stuck. However, I think there'd be more than one willing trade partner. In this scenario, my end game is to get both a first and second round pick in 2016, and get the most talented player at (probably) our biggest area of need.

    Depth is supremely important, but adding Williams and Cardale Jones (to me) makes up for the loss of possible draft depth.

    @mudfly said:

    Just watched the Farmer pressy and....as usual.....the guy was a rock. Very very little insight into their thinking for the draft.

    Just a lot of "we will try to get better"....drive competition....etc......BUT.....BUT......

    the one think he did address and speak to....that I believed....was when he was asked about rumors of us moving up or trading multiple picks for a qb. And his response basically.....to me......said he thinks it's foolish to overspend, when the draft is so uncertain......and he also said he thinks QB is important, but has come to terms with the fact that there is no silver bullet and you dont burn your draft hoping that there is.....bottom line...you build a solid TEAM and then win with an average QB.....and if the cards fall right and you get lucky with a Brady or an opportunity for a Luck, then great....but you dont force it or expect it or plan on it...

    So....my take......we aren't trading up.....

    Except that rarely happens. Teams don't find sustained postseason success with an average QB. I'd rather go 4-12 and keep swinging for the fences on QB's than go 9-7 and continually lose in the wild card round.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except that rarely happens. Teams don't find sustained postseason success with an average QB. I'd rather go 4-12 and keep swinging for the fences on QB's than go 9-7 and continually lose in the wild card round.

    Flacco, Matty Ice, Stafford, Kaepnernick, Wilson. All slightly above average that have hot and cold streaks surrounded with some good talent and contest for playoff spots. In the case of Wilson, SuperBowls.

    edit: I could also toss in Alex Smith, Cam Newton and Dalton.

  • Heres Farmers direct quote so everyone can form their own opinion......paying attention to the last part....because spending 2 first round picks to move up sounds a lot like a silver bullet to me....

    5) Pre-draft speculation, particularly about QBs, puts a smile on Farmer’s face

    Farmer said he was unsure why he’s been linked so much to Mariota in pre-draft buzz and speculated it might stem from answering a question about Mariota in slightly different fashion at the 2014 NFL Combine. “I don’t know why that is but it seems to make for good media because people like it. You read it, you see it, it’s what it is,” Farmer said, referencing the constant speculation about the Browns looking for a quarterback. “At the end of the day, the objective is to improve your football team and to win football games. I get that there’s this notion at times that there’s this silver bullet or there’s this one magic player that’s going to walk in here on a horse and we’re going to start winning games and he’s going to be the reason we did it. I just don’t believe in the fairy tale anymore.”

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Except that rarely happens. Teams don't find sustained postseason success with an average QB. I'd rather go 4-12 and keep swinging for the fences on QB's than go 9-7 and continually lose in the wild card round.

    Flacco, Matty Ice, Stafford, Kaepnernick, Wilson. All slightly above average that have hot and cold streaks surrounded with some good talent and contest for playoff spots. In the case of Wilson, SuperBowls.

    edit: I could also toss in Alex Smith, Cam Newton and Dalton.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Flacco, Matty Ice, Stafford, Kaepnernick, Wilson. All slightly above average that have hot and cold streaks surrounded with some good talent and contest for playoff spots. In the case of Wilson, SuperBowls.

    edit: I could also toss in Alex Smith, Cam Newton and Dalton.

    A few things:

    1) I'd say Ryan and Wilson are probably considered slightly more than "above average". They are normally top 10 - 12 in QBR (going off of memory).

    2) Four of those guys are first overall picks. A fifth (Flacco) is a top 20 pick. If your point was that we shouldn't take a first round QB...I think you kind of missed on that mark.

    3) Dalton was the exact guy I was referencing in my previous statement. He's won exactly zero playoff games in his career. The Bengals win just enough games to pick in the middle of the pack, but don't ever compete in the postseason. Is that really a better position?

    Of all of those guys, Flacco is probably the one who makes your case the most. Career rating around 85, not a first overall pick (but still a middle-first round pick), has experienced success in the postseason, has made it to the Super Bowl... and won.

    When you say "average", I think Hoyer, Cassel, Ponder, Fitzpatrick, Schaub, Cousins, Anderson, McCoy, Orton, etc. Guys that went in middle-late rounds (or undrafted) that have average talent and are serviceable. I would also include Kaepernick in there, except this year really threw a wrench in things. Now I'm not even sure that Kaep is an average QB...he may be a full-on system QB.

    Not first round guys or guys who have career ratings in the 95-105 range. That's not average. That's "franchise level" talent.


  • NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.



    The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.



  • ^

    If The Cleveland Browns trade a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford I think that will be my final straw. I'd probably root for whatever team moves to Los Angeles. Why would you trade a 1st round pick for a 13 million dollar a year QB who has missed 31 games in 5 seasons and entertaining the final year of his contract who considered retirement a few months ago and has openly said he wouldn't extend his contract in Cleveland. Please let these rumors just be rumors.

  • ^

    If The Cleveland Browns trade a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford I think that will be my final straw. I'd probably root for whatever team moves to Los Angeles. Why would you trade a 1st round pick for a 13 million dollar a year QB who has missed 31 games in 5 seasons and entertaining the final year of his contract who considered retirement a few months ago and has openly said he wouldn't extend his contract in Cleveland. Please let these rumors just be rumors.

    @walterwhite said:

    ^

    If The Cleveland Browns trade a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford I think that will be my final straw. I'd probably root for whatever team moves to Los Angeles. Why would you trade a 1st round pick for a 13 million dollar a year QB who has missed 31 games in 5 seasons and entertaining the final year of his contract who considered retirement a few months ago and has openly said he wouldn't extend his contract in Cleveland. Please let these rumors just be rumors.

    Yeah but it would not be The Browns if we did not do something stupid at least once a month 🙂

  • Can't wait til they ship him to Philly on draft night.

    I called it. Saw it coming months before last year's draft.

    Have some of us been vindicated? YOU BET!

    ARE SOME OF US HAPPY?!??! HELL FUCKING NO! We blew another first round pick on a bum.

    But as an organization, we can "RIGHT" the wrong.