Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
@douche-nozzle said:
Does that really surprise you? Have you ever known any front office to come straight out and tell the media the open truth about a situation like that?
I take Pettine at his word. I think he is a real straight shooter and I'm glad he's our head coach because of it. There is a certain way he has of looking people right in the eye and saying exactly what he thinks. That is something you either have or you don't. He does.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
Does that really surprise you? Have you ever known any front office to come straight out and tell the media the open truth about a situation like that?
I take Pettine at his word. I think he is a real straight shooter and I'm glad he's our head coach because of it. There is a certain way he has of looking people right in the eye and saying exactly what he thinks. That is something you either have or you don't. He does.
I take Pettine at his word. I think he is a real straight shooter and I'm glad he's our head coach because of it. There is a certain way he has of looking people right in the eye and saying exactly what he thinks. That is something you either have or you don't. He does.
++++
i'll break it down even more.
i believe (and can see) that pettine farmer and the whole crew really want to field a big tough rough competitive team. no short slackin jaw jackin bullshit. go bust some skulls and get wins. mccown mccabe mccloud....it doesn't matter, run it up their gut, break 'em down and keep marching on until they can stop you.
NEXT!
-
Zombo said:
This chick is crazy.
Run, Johnny, run.
How wholesome can a girl get?
-
Zombo said:
That certainly puts "when Johnny comes marching home again" in a brand new perspective. Interestingly enough, the author knew enough to bold font the word discharge.
-
Yeah, I'm an old guy now. But if a chick ever tattooed my name on herself, I'd get the fuck away from that fast. And the heartbeat? Run, dude. Ain't gonna end well.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yeah, I'm an old guy now. But if a chick ever tattooed my name on herself, I'd get the fuck away from that fast. And the heartbeat? Run, dude. Ain't gonna end well.
Zombo
LOL! You never know - she might go the Community Love route and add the 3:16 after John in case there's any younger versions of Skippy out there ready to plug and play...
-
Crazy speculation?......like shocking picks that wouldnt really shock me?......Ok, Id speculate that the Browns could pick a DB earlier than expected(cause they love them and there are some really good ones).......soooooo, if we hit no mans land at 19 and our guys are gone and no trade backs are happening.....then I could see us going for a Landon Collins or Eric Rowe......or maybe even a Gordon or Gurley RB pick......just because they are too good to pass up....
-
Zombo said:
Yeah, I'm an old guy now. But if a chick ever tattooed my name on herself, I'd get the fuck away from that fast. And the heartbeat? Run, dude. Ain't gonna end well.
Zombo
LOL! You never know - she might go the Community Love route and add the 3:16 after John in case there's any younger versions of Skippy out there ready to plug and play...
-
please don't tell me johnny's got a tramp stamp.
-
please don't tell me johnny's got a tramp stamp.
The only thing I know he has for sure is that little yellow wristband for a child he met in a children's hospital long before he was known as Johnny Football. He has befriended that little boy and always wears that item. You can see it in that picture with her at the baseball game or on his wrist in every game he plays. After they won a big home game one year at A&M he went up in the stands and carried that boy down to the end zone so he could be part of the celebration.
-
please don't tell me johnny's got a tramp stamp.
The only thing I know he has for sure is that little yellow wristband for a child he met in a children's hospital long before he was known as Johnny Football. He has befriended that little boy and always wears that item. You can see it in that picture with her at the baseball game or on his wrist in every game he plays. After they won a big home game one year at A&M he went up in the stands and carried that boy down to the end zone so he could be part of the celebration.
The only thing I know he has for sure is that little yellow wristband for a child he met in a children's hospital long before he was known as Johnny Football. He has befriended that little boy and always wears that item. You can see it in that picture with her at the baseball game or on his wrist in every game he plays. After they won a big home game one year at A&M he went up in the stands and carried that boy down to the end zone so he could be part of the celebration.
thanks for making me feel guilty.
now i gotta go to church, lol.
tick friggin tock
-
Good link there......!!
Takes me back a month to the thread that had Chris Mortensen saying the Browns are 90% done with Johnny.....and people freaking out(as usual), while so many others were saying "he's just speculating".....
Now, here is Pettine saying flat out that he doesnt know where he came up with this stuff, but it wasn't the Browns.......
-
it truly is hilarious what passes for reporting and news in the world of sports. probably understandable for the mere fact that professional football has no real effect on our lives, but some of us take the demand for truth and transparency so damn seriously!
I sometimes embarrass myself looking forward to reading all these stories fully realizing that probably 99% is just bullshit some guy made up in a beer joint.

WSS
-
it truly is hilarious what passes for reporting and news in the world of sports. probably understandable for the mere fact that professional football has no real effect on our lives, but some of us take the demand for truth and transparency so damn seriously!
I sometimes embarrass myself looking forward to reading all these stories fully realizing that probably 99% is just bullshit some guy made up in a beer joint.

WSS
it truly is hilarious what passes for reporting and news in the world of sports. probably understandable for the mere fact that professional football has no real effect on our lives, but some of us take the demand for truth and transparency so damn seriously!
I sometimes embarrass myself looking forward to reading all these stories fully realizing that probably 99% is just bullshit some guy made up in a beer joint.

WSS
ha!......personally I like "real" reporting and kinda hate all the speculative stuff....To me, it's like the boy who cried wolf, where I dont believe anything some of them say, because they get it wrong so often.....
But, the thing that is really aggravating is how many people just instantly believe anything they read and get all twisted up about things that aren't even true.....happens here almost everyday......

-
well we live in the age now where 'to get the story first' is more important than getting the story right.
blame twatter.
-
it truly is hilarious what passes for reporting and news in the world of sports. probably understandable for the mere fact that professional football has no real effect on our lives, but some of us take the demand for truth and transparency so damn seriously!
I sometimes embarrass myself looking forward to reading all these stories fully realizing that probably 99% is just bullshit some guy made up in a beer joint.

WSS
ha!......personally I like "real" reporting and kinda hate all the speculative stuff....To me, it's like the boy who cried wolf, where I dont believe anything some of them say, because they get it wrong so often.....
But, the thing that is really aggravating is how many people just instantly believe anything they read and get all twisted up about things that aren't even true.....happens here almost everyday......

ha!......personally I like "real" reporting and kinda hate all the speculative stuff....To me, it's like the boy who cried wolf, where I dont believe anything some of them say, because they get it wrong so often.....
But, the thing that is really aggravating is how many people just instantly believe anything they read and get all twisted up about things that aren't even true.....happens here almost everyday......

Amen!
I can't believe how often writers are quoted who have proven themselves to have zero credibility.....can we say Mary Kay?
Mike
-
well we live in the age now where 'to get the story first' is more important than getting the story right.
blame twatter.
well we live in the age now where 'to get the story first' is more important than getting the story right.
blame twatter.
And if you don't have a story throw something out there that grabs attention and sells more advertising. You can always say your source had been great in the past but just missed this one item.
It's also funny how many who have an ax to grind use these stories to reinforce their own bias and then never own up to realizing it was based on bullshit. Many reside right here believe it or not. LOL!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
