Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
. . . Thomas quipped that Manziel, recently released from treatment, now spends his Saturdays studying the playbook and watching film instead of riding "a swan in a swimming pool drinking champagne," saying: "It's apparent he's realized how important football is to him. He's realized you can't get away with those things anymore." . . .
.
.
.
. . .
Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden told Kremer that Manziel has been a workhorse around the facility, staying four hours later than some players to meet with coaches and study the new offense.
"He has the it-factor. He has what you can't teach," said Haden, adding: "Actions speaking louder than words. He's putting forth those actions. That's all he can do."
Nice, to hear, but we've been down this road before.
Show me the Money !
-
First thing I did in my Madden game was trade him for a 7th round pick
-
Have that feeling they will roll with Johnny this year
-
You fucking Sucker. LOL
-
I really really do hope Manziel pans out to be a pro bowler. All it means is not wasting another pick on a QB.
-
I guess we will find out if this story has legs or not this Thursday. If it's just some random feel-good schlock, we will see Farmer and Co. spend an early pick on a new QB.
If Manziel really is staying late to work with coaches on the new offense and spending free time going over the playbook, why wouldn't you give the kid a chance to prove himself?
Walking away from a first round pick (and the 3rd used to trade up) after one year is something NO front office would do.
This team has a media firestorm surrounded by question marks, a capable journeyman veteran, and arguably the best 3rd and 4th stringers in Lewis and Shaw respectively.
I expect this defense to shit on people this year and if Deflip can get a good system in place, we already have the pieces for a successful campaign(not to mention 10 draft picks).
Is it Thursday yet?
-
if i were fishing for a QB i'd do it in a later round where there are actually QBs that have played in a pro-style offense.
12 and 19 are nothing to sneeze at and the browns could walk away golden.
tick tock.
-
You fucking Sucker. LOL
You fucking Sucker. LOL
Who is a sucker? Joe Thomas already once trashed JFF, he isn't the guy to change his opinion just because. I certainly believe that JFF is night and day different then last year, based on the sole fact that future first ballot HOF Joe Fucking Thomas said so
-
I hope this is the way the FO feels, fingers crossed for no QB with a high pick. Thursday can't get here quick enough
-
The work ethic and dedication is great I if he wants to become an even average QB. Talent between the ears then improving upon being a decisive and smart player is another story.
-
-
We'll see. . .
-
I'd be disappointed if we heard anything different.
-
-
-
-
I'm interested to see what Manziel can do with his head in the game. I saw what he can't do last season with his party lifestyle. In all that I have read about JM it is a mixed bag about his ability to be a good NFL quarterback but it seems like most think if he works hard he has the ability to develop into one. Now he appears to be working hard and getting the trust back with his team mates. What Roger Staubach says is typical of other comments I have read about Manziel:
In a story published Saturday by USA Today, former Cowboys standout Roger Staubach praised Manziel’s skill level.
“If he really truly gets his life back on track, his talent is Russell Wilson - type talent,” Staubach told USA Today‘s Jim Corbett. “So size isn’t the overwhelming issue for him when you have Russell and Drew Brees winning Super Bowls at the same size.”
However, Staubach suspects the 6-foot, 207-pound Manziel has relationship-mending to do with his teammates.
“You have to be mentally tough and you have got to be a leader. And you have to transfer that to your teammates,” Staubach said of a quarterback’s role, according to USA Today. “And I think Johnny lost the confidence of his teammates because of his personal issues. He has to get that back.”
-
Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?
-
Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?
Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?
Yes, a lot of the same "run first" mentality when he first came into the league, but then developed rapidly. Of course he was way more mature since he had spent 5 years as a naval officer including a stent in Vietnam running a supply unit after graduating from the Academy.
I suspect he likes what he is currently seeing in Manziel's attempt to change up his life to be totally focused on being an NFL QB.
I know I am more personally focused on how well he does in the second half of the season if the Browns remain patient enough to get him there mistakes and all. Every high draft rookie QB who gets an entire year as the starter deserves that kind of chance, just as those of his peers did last year.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
