Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.3k 1
  • We'll see. . .

  • I'd be disappointed if we heard anything different.

  • Well that's not the look of " Pack your stuff up, you out of here over the weekend " Heard of Vote of confidence of your player?? Tick Tock!!

  • Actions speak louder than words ! Here we are again, or shall I say still, wondering if the QB we have is "IT"? đŸ˜”

  • Super Bowl.

  • I'm interested to see what Manziel can do with his head in the game. I saw what he can't do last season with his party lifestyle. In all that I have read about JM it is a mixed bag about his ability to be a good NFL quarterback but it seems like most think if he works hard he has the ability to develop into one. Now he appears to be working hard and getting the trust back with his team mates. What Roger Staubach says is typical of other comments I have read about Manziel:

    In a story published Saturday by USA Today, former Cowboys standout Roger Staubach praised Manziel’s skill level.

    “If he really truly gets his life back on track, his talent is Russell Wilson - type talent,” Staubach told USA Today‘s Jim Corbett. “So size isn’t the overwhelming issue for him when you have Russell and Drew Brees winning Super Bowls at the same size.”

    However, Staubach suspects the 6-foot, 207-pound Manziel has relationship-mending to do with his teammates.

    “You have to be mentally tough and you have got to be a leader. And you have to transfer that to your teammates,” Staubach said of a quarterback’s role, according to USA Today. “And I think Johnny lost the confidence of his teammates because of his personal issues. He has to get that back.”

  • Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?

  • Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?

    @gftchris said:

    Honestly, being relatively new, I didn't know much about Staubach until I watched his Football Life a while back. Basically the same playing style as Manziel?

    Yes, a lot of the same "run first" mentality when he first came into the league, but then developed rapidly. Of course he was way more mature since he had spent 5 years as a naval officer including a stent in Vietnam running a supply unit after graduating from the Academy.

    I suspect he likes what he is currently seeing in Manziel's attempt to change up his life to be totally focused on being an NFL QB.

    I know I am more personally focused on how well he does in the second half of the season if the Browns remain patient enough to get him there mistakes and all. Every high draft rookie QB who gets an entire year as the starter deserves that kind of chance, just as those of his peers did last year.

  • You sound as if JM starting Week 1 is a forgone conclusion.

    Here we go again...

  • Browns' Johnny Manziel expected to fully participate in OTAs

    May 20 2015, 7:50 PMJoe Thomson

    Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel is expected to take part in the team's organized activities next week, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

    The Browns have been cautious, bringing Manziel along slowly after he spent 10 weeks in a rehabilitation center for alcohol addiction. He's expected to compete with veteran quarterback Josh McCown for reps in training camp, although McCown is the presumptive starter.

    Manziel participated in the team's activities last month, throwing footballs during drills, but next Tuesday will be a noncontact practice.

    Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo praised Manziel earlier in May for his approach since leaving rehab.

    "He's been fantastic," DeFilippo said. "What he wants to talk about, before he stepped foot back in this building is his business. All I know is Johnny the football player, and he's been awesome. He's been working hard, very hard with myself and (quarterbacks coach Kevin O'Connell), and doing what we want him to do on the field."

    Manziel appeared in four games last season, completing 18 of 35 passes and throwing two interceptions. He also rushed for one touchdown.

  • David Richard / USA TODAY Sports

    Browns' Paul Kruger thinks new neighborhood will be good for Johnny Manziel

    May 15 2015, 5:42 PMMichael Amato

    Add a new home to the steps Johnny Manziel has taken to improve his lifestyle.

    The Cleveland Browns quarterback has moved from downtown to a golf community in the suburbs, where teammate Paul Kruger lives. Kruger told ESPN's Pat McManamon the move will be good for Manziel.

    "I'm happy to see him there," Kruger said. "It's an awesome course, No. 1, and a good area to be. So, yeah, I think it's a win-win."

    Kruger added that the lifestyle there is much quieter than Manziel is used to.

    "Nice and quiet," the Browns linebacker said. "Birds chirping. It's an awesome place. It's about as polar opposite as you can get. Nice, old people everywhere."

    Manziel was released from a treatment facility last month and will now turn his attention to winning the team's starting quarterback job. That could be easier said than done based on recent comments from head coach Mike Pettine stating Josh McCown is the favorite to win the competition.

    Still, eliminating distractions will be key for Manziel to focus his energy on the field and his new community appears to be an excellent place to do just that.

  • Was there some worry he wouldn't? Thought this was old news.

  • It's encouraging. Go Cavs!

  • comeback player of the year

  • comeback player of the year

    @walterwhite said:

    comeback player of the year

    Don't you have to have been something in the NFL to be comeback player?

  • @walterwhite said:

    comeback player of the year

    Don't you have to have been something in the NFL to be comeback player?

    @macula31 said:

    Don't you have to have been something in the NFL to be comeback player?

    Yes. Something like a guy who went 18 for 35, threw 2 interceptions and scored a rushing TD.

    Do you understand what a comeback is?

  • comeback player of the year

    @walterwhite said:

    comeback player of the year

    Kim Kardashian.

  • He gonna wreck this league.

  • @macula31 said:

    Don't you have to have been something in the NFL to be comeback player?

    Yes. Something like a guy who went 18 for 35, threw 2 interceptions and scored a rushing TD.

    Do you understand what a comeback is?

    @roycerolls said:

    Yes. Something like a guy who went 18 for 35, threw 2 interceptions and scored a rushing TD.

    Do you understand what a comeback is?

    You have to have been somewhere (quality NFL play) before you can "come back"
  • Some are just so hell bent on not letting anything good be said about Johnny. Lame.