Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Regardless of what anyone thinks about the read/option, defenses are remiss if they don't prepare for it. I have no doubt that Pettine knows that. Whether that translates into the QB skills Pettine, Farmer and Kyle want in thier QB remains to be seen. I'm betting it does.
Not sure I understand..................................In the NFL if they know you are running a read option offense they are going to prepare for it. It is also no longer rare and revolutonary so teams in general are figuring out the best ways to combat it defensively.
Not sure I understand..................................In the NFL if they know you are running a read option offense they are going to prepare for it. It is also no longer rare and revolutonary so teams in general are figuring out the best ways to combat it defensively.
Yeah, right. Denver showed me.
-
Not sure I understand..................................In the NFL if they know you are running a read option offense they are going to prepare for it. It is also no longer rare and revolutonary so teams in general are figuring out the best ways to combat it defensively.
Yeah, right. Denver showed me.
-
Not sure I understand..................................In the NFL if they know you are running a read option offense they are going to prepare for it. It is also no longer rare and revolutonary so teams in general are figuring out the best ways to combat it defensively.
Yeah, right. Denver showed me.
-
Yeah right. The threat of it had nothing to do with Denver's hurtin' defensive exhibition. The Broncs didn't know whether to shit or go blind. Ofc, the Hawk's offensive efficiency was exemplary but I'm just sayin', to not use ALL of the available offensive strategies is self limiting. Thank God Pettine knows that whether others do or not.The read option is not the reason Denver got whooped by Seattle.
-
-
Back off guys. This is to easy.

-
Hahaha, oh. Seattle's 43 points had nothing to do with it. Thanks for the insight.
Wilson had 3 carries 26 yards. Lynch had 39 yards.
One rushing touchdown between them? (Lynch)
The running game, especially the read option did not beat Denver.
Denver actually did a nice job stopping the run in general.
-
Hahaha, oh. Seattle's 43 points had nothing to do with it. Thanks for the insight.
Wilson had 3 carries 26 yards. Lynch had 39 yards.
One rushing touchdown between them? (Lynch)
The running game, especially the read option did not beat Denver.
Denver actually did a nice job stopping the run in general.
I didn't say the read option beat Denver. Get your story straight.Wilson had 3 carries 26 yards. Lynch had 39 yards.
One rushing touchdown between them? (Lynch)
The running game, especially the read option did not beat Denver.
Denver actually did a nice job stopping the run in general.
I said not having a read option threat is a weakness and it was evident in the Broncs/Hawks game because the Hawks ran their offense efficiently WITHOUT being limited with a 'pocket passer only' QB like the Pats are, for example. The Broncs did OK against a pocket passer team but not so good against a team with a QB that has some read option skills. A puppy QB too. Clearly just having the threat gives a team an advantage against some NFL defenses. You don't have to believe me. Just ask the Broncs.
Just be glad Pettine is the Browns coach. He knows.
Hawks - 135 rushing Broncs - 27 rushing
Russell - 8.7 yds per carry
Like I said, Denver's defense didn't know whether to shit or get off the pot.
-
Thinking even harder into this thing....if Watkins is available do you take him over Manziel or Bridgey?His combine really improved his stock,seems like as cant miss as you can be.Do you take a sure thing star receiver over a maybe QB?
But the thing is I think they would win about 6 or 8 games next year and not draft high enough to get a top prospect QB.
This is gonna be a tough draft to get right
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Here is a list of every QB drafted in the first 2 rounds who are 6' or under.
Len Dawson rd 1 pick 5 - HOF
Sid Luckman rd 1 pick 2 - HOF
YA Tittle rd 1 pick 6 - HOF
Billy Kilmer rd 1 pick 11 - 2x all pro
Paul Christman rd 2 pick 10 - 2x all pro
Mike Vick rd 1 pick 1
Drew Brees rd 2 pick 32
Every single one of those QBs is exactly 6', not that the 1" matters all that much.
Manziel will be the first QB taken in the first 2 rounds under 6'. At least he'll make history even if he doesn't pan out.
Too bad he isn't homosexual. If he was at least the press would automatically all become Cleveland homers.Every single one of those QBs is exactly 6', not that the 1" matters all that much.
Manziel will be the first QB taken in the first 2 rounds under 6'. At least he'll make history even if he doesn't pan out.
That would be a nice change of pace to have the national announcers actively rooting for the Browns instead of for the opposition....
WSS
-
this is all just way too embarrassing.
man i hope farmer trades down so i can here the johnny boys screaming from cleveland to here.
-
this is all just way too embarrassing.
man i hope farmer trades down so i can here the johnny boys screaming from cleveland to here.
-
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
-
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
ESPN's Ron Jaworski wouldn't draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "in the first three rounds."
"I'm not crazy about him, to be honest with you," Jaws said of the potential No. 1 overall pick. "I've only looked at five games. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds. That's my opinion. It's incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me." Jaws is known for his strong — and often accurate — opinions on quarterbacks, but it's surprising he'd go to the extreme of calling Manziel a day-three pick. Manziel has the potential to be one of the most dissected and over-analyzed prospects in draft history.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel
Jaws is a very good QB talent evaluator. I would not take what he say lightly. -
If you think the read option offense is the reason Seattle kicked Denvers ass you better rewatch that game. That game was straight up won by a balls to the wall defense period end of story.
You win Playoff games on the ROAD with a great defense.
A Great QB might or might not show up....
-
Didnt he say he thinks Kaepernick was a top 5 QB or some shit?Zombo said:
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Didnt he say he thinks Kaepernick was a top 5 QB or some shit?
Kaep was great in the playoffs. 'Almost' beat Seattle IN Seattle. If he would had kept his composure in that final minute, i think 49ers would had been in the Superbowl.
-
Zombo said:
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
ESPN's Ron Jaworski wouldn't draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "in the first three rounds."
"I'm not crazy about him, to be honest with you," Jaws said of the potential No. 1 overall pick. "I've only looked at five games. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds. That's my opinion. It's incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me." Jaws is known for his strong — and often accurate — opinions on quarterbacks, but it's surprising he'd go to the extreme of calling Manziel a day-three pick. Manziel has the potential to be one of the most dissected and over-analyzed prospects in draft history.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel
Jaws is a very good QB talent evaluator. I would not take what he say lightly.ESPN's Ron Jaworski wouldn't draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "in the first three rounds."
"I'm not crazy about him, to be honest with you," Jaws said of the potential No. 1 overall pick. "I've only looked at five games. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds. That's my opinion. It's incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me." Jaws is known for his strong — and often accurate — opinions on quarterbacks, but it's surprising he'd go to the extreme of calling Manziel a day-three pick. Manziel has the potential to be one of the most dissected and over-analyzed prospects in draft history.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel
Jaws is a very good QB talent evaluator. I would not take what he say lightly.Agree with Jaws 100%. I believe I said the same exact thing a couple weeks ago...
-
Zombo said:
Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds.
Other analysts on ESPN seem to be making him the clear #3 guy behind Bortles/Bridgewater.
Zombo
ESPN's Ron Jaworski wouldn't draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "in the first three rounds."
"I'm not crazy about him, to be honest with you," Jaws said of the potential No. 1 overall pick. "I've only looked at five games. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds. That's my opinion. It's incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me." Jaws is known for his strong — and often accurate — opinions on quarterbacks, but it's surprising he'd go to the extreme of calling Manziel a day-three pick. Manziel has the potential to be one of the most dissected and over-analyzed prospects in draft history.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel
Jaws is a very good QB talent evaluator. I would not take what he say lightly.ESPN's Ron Jaworski wouldn't draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "in the first three rounds."
"I'm not crazy about him, to be honest with you," Jaws said of the potential No. 1 overall pick. "I've only looked at five games. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds. That's my opinion. It's incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me." Jaws is known for his strong — and often accurate — opinions on quarterbacks, but it's surprising he'd go to the extreme of calling Manziel a day-three pick. Manziel has the potential to be one of the most dissected and over-analyzed prospects in draft history.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel
Jaws is a very good QB talent evaluator. I would not take what he say lightly.Jaws was on record saying he believed Weeden was going to be a 'rock-solid' QB too.
.I'm not gonna rail the guy but it's plain to see these things are crap shoots and 'experts' get QB's wrong all the time. Don't take that as some ringing endoresement for Manziel even though I do think he's gonna be good, but just something to throw out there.
-
Zombo said:
The guy with the best build ... Bortles ... is they guy I have the most doubts about this year among the top three.
I usually gravitate toward the big rocket guys ... but Manziel and Bridgewater do some much well that I think they are excellent prospects. I'd be happy if we drafted either one at #4.
Zombo
They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.
There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.
There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.
In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.
They do much better because they play in better systems with better players in College.
There are tons of 'great' players without the college numbers.
There are tons of 'not so good' players with college numbers.
In another word, those college highlights and numbers you see don't mean jack. Physical and mental have higher weight.
Mental has the highest weight.
Physical doesn't come into the question.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login