A little fashion chat
-
The logo is the orange helmet.
Mike
Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
-
I hope there is a gray/orange option in the new new uniforms. It's a sharp look.
The Browns Stadium has Tennessee shaped scoreboards, so Haslam going with uniforms of his favorite school wouldn't be a shock.
-
It's a sharp look, no one in the NFL uses it. But plenty use white and orange including a nemesis in our own division.
-
What exactly are you confused about, Orion?
-
The logo is the orange helmet.
Mike
Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
As the stars have aligned, I actually agree with you.
The Elf (Brownie) has been associated with us for as long as I can remember (54 + years?, for me).....until JUST recently. People say he's not ferocious enough. Really? Is that what's required? Is anyone going to think of a Dolphin as mean? Or how about a Saint? There's Saints Peter & Paul sacking a QB and rubbing his nose in the ground.
Bring back the thing that has represented us (kinda' sorta') all along...and make him look mean if ya have to. Give him some brass knuckles...and a sling-shot.
-
What exactly are you confused about, Orion?
What exactly are you confused about, Orion?
Would you prefer the sad icon?
-
I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played.
-
I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played.
I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played.
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
-
I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played.
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
I've always wondered why NO ONE seems to care that Ohio State doesn't have a logo on their helmet, but so many people (mostly non-Browns fans) seem fixated by it.
-
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
I've always wondered why NO ONE seems to care that Ohio State doesn't have a logo on their helmet, but so many people (mostly non-Browns fans) seem fixated by it.
I've always wondered why NO ONE seems to care that Ohio State doesn't have a logo on their helmet, but so many people (mostly non-Browns fans) seem fixated by it.
I don't give a sh!t about the logo
-
I've always wondered why NO ONE seems to care that Ohio State doesn't have a logo on their helmet, but so many people (mostly non-Browns fans) seem fixated by it.
I don't give a sh!t about the logo
I don't give a sh!t about the logo
Congrats?
-
I would prefer the browns not to look like the most boring football team that ever played.
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
Winning cures everything. Think the people in Green Bay or Pittsburgh are screaming for a uniform or logo change? I doubt it. Sorry if I don't get the "we gotta have something new to look cool" thinking. The Browns colors are (technically) seal brown and orange. NOT grey. Of course there's been a big push (by Nike) to sell new gear to make every teams colors darker. Wow, the fashion police must LOVE Oregon's putrid uniforms (totally sponsored and paid for by Phil Knight, the owner of Nike and Oregon alum's) look. Whoopee, everyone will be wearing black like the Raiders soon. Notre Dame and Penn State have plain helmets- See if there's a big push to put the Leprechaun or Nittany Lion on the helmets respectively. Ohio State with Brutus Buckeye- nah- doesn't work, at least for me.
The packers and Steelers wear their dark colored Jerseys with regularity and each team has at least two alternate throwbacks that they wear with semi-regularity.
Meanwhile whether it's the browns classic uniform or the new atrocity they wear it's a 90% chance it's white on white. Yay.
-
I hope there is a gray/orange option in the new new uniforms. It's a sharp look.
This is what I'm talking about. Ideas pouring in from all over. I have to say, the gray is gaining a little steam. Maybe some tweaks here and there (obviously)...but...I think I'd like to see more. Perhaps a finished Browns' jersey done with an editing tool? Anybody have that kind of skill set?
-
The logo is the orange helmet.
Mike
Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
Ridiculous. The Browns have no logo. Orange is a color, not a logo. You can register a logo. You can't register a color. Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
The Browns have no helmet logo...that is true. And while they do use the helmet to represent them a lot...I agree that it is not actually a logo. But they do have official logos that they do use on paraphenalia etc.
-

I know its an image based on a downtown statue in Detroit, but if the Browns actually were named after Joe Louis than this would be my first choice of a logo.

Maybe something similar to this if the team is, as originally thought, named after Paul Brown.
Either way, as someone else mentioned, nothing should ever be on the helmet. Very hard to pick something relating back to the nickname. You will never get an elf logo to not look corny and the dog logos are too far removed from the actual origin of the team name. JMHO.
-

I know its an image based on a downtown statue in Detroit, but if the Browns actually were named after Joe Louis than this would be my first choice of a logo.

Maybe something similar to this if the team is, as originally thought, named after Paul Brown.
Either way, as someone else mentioned, nothing should ever be on the helmet. Very hard to pick something relating back to the nickname. You will never get an elf logo to not look corny and the dog logos are too far removed from the actual origin of the team name. JMHO.
I know its an image based on a downtown statue in Detroit, but if the Browns actually were named after Joe Louis than this would be my first choice of a logo.
Maybe something similar to this if the team is, as originally thought, named after Paul Brown.
Either way, as someone else mentioned, nothing should ever be on the helmet. Very hard to pick something relating back to the nickname. You will never get an elf logo to not look corny and the dog logos are too far removed from the actual origin of the team name. JMHO.
That profile actually looks more Sinatra than PB.
-
-
I swear one of the guys on 92.3 said that he heard that there was another set of uniforms that the Browns almost went with, which looked great and nothing like the atrocities they chose, and that grey was involved.
-
I swear one of the guys on 92.3 said that he heard that there was another set of uniforms that the Browns almost went with, which looked great and nothing like the atrocities they chose, and that grey was involved.
I swear one of the guys on 92.3 said
I don't listen to them anymore. All I hear is Cav's. (which is what they SHOULD be talking about) I just don't give two $#!+s about the Cav's. (so it's npr or 360 science)
There was nothing WRONG with our uni's. Jimmuh, the marketing man, just had to make everything 'look' new and improved. In fact, however, everything his organization did went in the OTHER direction. Soup to nuts. 1-31 clowns wearing clown outfits. - The only thing I liked was the nickname down the pants leg.
Seal brown (that's a dark brown), orange (not red orange) and white. Brown shirt - white pants. White on white. That's who we've been. (sprinkle in orange pants) NO horizontal stripes on the shirts (how fugly is that?)...and orange numbers on the brown jersey? geesh
Hopefully Jimmuh never buys the Yankees. He'll want to swap their pinstripes for polka dots.
-
Time to bring back the Brownie and make him a testosterone fired up badass.
As the stars have aligned, I actually agree with you.
The Elf (Brownie) has been associated with us for as long as I can remember (54 + years?, for me).....until JUST recently. People say he's not ferocious enough. Really? Is that what's required? Is anyone going to think of a Dolphin as mean? Or how about a Saint? There's Saints Peter & Paul sacking a QB and rubbing his nose in the ground.
Bring back the thing that has represented us (kinda' sorta') all along...and make him look mean if ya have to. Give him some brass knuckles...and a sling-shot.
As the stars have aligned, I actually agree with you.
The Elf (Brownie) has been associated with us for as long as I can remember (54 + years?, for me).....until JUST recently. People say he's not ferocious enough. Really? Is that what's required? Is anyone going to think of a Dolphin as mean? Or how about a Saint? There's Saints Peter & Paul sacking a QB and rubbing his nose in the ground.
Bring back the thing that has represented us (kinda' sorta') all along...and make him look mean if ya have to. Give him some brass knuckles...and a sling-shot.
We had to ditch him so we could have that badass negative space pooch!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login