The first NEW state to offer sports betting including football is.....
-
Delaware Will Be The First New State To Offer Sports Betting
The state will launch a full-scale sports gaming operation at all three of its casinos starting Tuesday…
-
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
-
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
I was not there personally, but my mom was born and raised in MD basically right there at the border. They went to Dover Downs casino and were absolutely blown away with how nice/elegant it was. My folks go to Vegas a good bit, and told me they absolutely have no reason to go back to Vegas sans sports betting based on that experience.
The effect of change it will have relies heavily on how you can bet. If it's regulated heavily and only available at casinos, I don't think much changes. The simple fact of the matter most Americans live nowhere near casinos, so I don't think the "allure" is going to change much. ,
-
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
I was not there personally, but my mom was born and raised in MD basically right there at the border. They went to Dover Downs casino and were absolutely blown away with how nice/elegant it was. My folks go to Vegas a good bit, and told me they absolutely have no reason to go back to Vegas sans sports betting based on that experience.
The effect of change it will have relies heavily on how you can bet. If it's regulated heavily and only available at casinos, I don't think much changes. The simple fact of the matter most Americans live nowhere near casinos, so I don't think the "allure" is going to change much. ,
I was not there personally, but my mom was born and raised in MD basically right there at the border. They went to Dover Downs casino and were absolutely blown away with how nice/elegant it was. My folks go to Vegas a good bit, and told me they absolutely have no reason to go back to Vegas sans sports betting based on that experience.
The effect of change it will have relies heavily on how you can bet. If it's regulated heavily and only available at casinos, I don't think much changes. The simple fact of the matter most Americans live nowhere near casinos, so I don't think the "allure" is going to change much. ,
Well if the Chickasaw Winstar Casino just across the Ok. border brings in sports betting I will go more often in the fall if they open a designated sports betting area complete with Vegas style Multi-TV watching/betting. Nothing more thrilling that watching your bet go down to the wire. I had a two game baseball parley going once in Vegas with a won game already and a 9 run early lead in the other. So I went to dinner and a drink and when I got back my 9 run lead had been blown. Was I ever PO'd!?
-
What did Delaware boys? Certainly not a shirt...she LOST it already!!
Mike
-
I was not there personally, but my mom was born and raised in MD basically right there at the border. They went to Dover Downs casino and were absolutely blown away with how nice/elegant it was. My folks go to Vegas a good bit, and told me they absolutely have no reason to go back to Vegas sans sports betting based on that experience.
The effect of change it will have relies heavily on how you can bet. If it's regulated heavily and only available at casinos, I don't think much changes. The simple fact of the matter most Americans live nowhere near casinos, so I don't think the "allure" is going to change much. ,
Well if the Chickasaw Winstar Casino just across the Ok. border brings in sports betting I will go more often in the fall if they open a designated sports betting area complete with Vegas style Multi-TV watching/betting. Nothing more thrilling that watching your bet go down to the wire. I had a two game baseball parley going once in Vegas with a won game already and a 9 run early lead in the other. So I went to dinner and a drink and when I got back my 9 run lead had been blown. Was I ever PO'd!?
Well if the Chickasaw Winstar Casino just across the Ok. border brings in sports betting I will go more often in the fall if they open a designated sports betting area complete with Vegas style Multi-TV watching/betting. Nothing more thrilling that watching your bet go down to the wire. I had a two game baseball parley going once in Vegas with a won game already and a 9 run early lead in the other. So I went to dinner and a drink and when I got back my 9 run lead had been blown. Was I ever PO'd!?
Yeah, where I live (south FL) we have the Hard Rock and another casino about 45 minutes from where I live. If they did that I could definitely see myself going a few more times. For contrast though, my parents live in a pretty populated area of NC and the only casino is over 4 hours away. My dad loves sports betting, but not that much to go more.
Yeah, it's always something man. The one I'll never forget was a 9/1 parlay I had, which I do just for fun low dollar. I had $5 on it, at I believe 400 to 1 odds. I ended up getting 8/9 right with West Virginia boning me on a literal .5 favorite line. Seriously, they just had to win the dang game and I woulda gotten it. That's okay though, not like I would have enjoyed the $2k ?
-
Well if the Chickasaw Winstar Casino just across the Ok. border brings in sports betting I will go more often in the fall if they open a designated sports betting area complete with Vegas style Multi-TV watching/betting. Nothing more thrilling that watching your bet go down to the wire. I had a two game baseball parley going once in Vegas with a won game already and a 9 run early lead in the other. So I went to dinner and a drink and when I got back my 9 run lead had been blown. Was I ever PO'd!?
Yeah, where I live (south FL) we have the Hard Rock and another casino about 45 minutes from where I live. If they did that I could definitely see myself going a few more times. For contrast though, my parents live in a pretty populated area of NC and the only casino is over 4 hours away. My dad loves sports betting, but not that much to go more.
Yeah, it's always something man. The one I'll never forget was a 9/1 parlay I had, which I do just for fun low dollar. I had $5 on it, at I believe 400 to 1 odds. I ended up getting 8/9 right with West Virginia boning me on a literal .5 favorite line. Seriously, they just had to win the dang game and I woulda gotten it. That's okay though, not like I would have enjoyed the $2k ?
Yeah, where I live (south FL) we have the Hard Rock and another casino about 45 minutes from where I live. If they did that I could definitely see myself going a few more times. For contrast though, my parents live in a pretty populated area of NC and the only casino is over 4 hours away. My dad loves sports betting, but not that much to go more.
Yeah, it's always something man. The one I'll never forget was a 9/1 parlay I had, which I do just for fun low dollar. I had $5 on it, at I believe 400 to 1 odds. I ended up getting 8/9 right with West Virginia boning me on a literal .5 favorite line. Seriously, they just had to win the dang game and I woulda gotten it. That's okay though, not like I would have enjoyed the $2k ?
While I didn't lose out of that much money, I lost a parlay once because the Ohio State kicker during Tressel's first season missed an extra point, I think against UCLA.
That's when I started to realize to never bet on a team you love, one way or another.
-
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
I don't think it's a good thing. More people, who can't afford to, will lose more money. Philosophically, should an individual be allowed to gamble himself into immobilizing debt?
What I USED TO enjoy was those 'under the radar' football cards......where you pick a bunch of winners, circle the corresponding numbers on the bottom of the card, tear that part off and hand it back with a fin (or some other dollar value).
-
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
Delaware? Really?
If you don't think this is going to have a big effect on all current sports and other betting venues both legaL and illegal think again including Las Vegas, NV.
The sports gaming world will never be the same. So is this a good or bad idea for our country or no big deal?
Both good and bad.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login