Skip to content

"Dream" 22LR Plinker Handguns

Barber Shop Talk
31 5 1.9k
  • There is another route there "adult precision airguns", some of these things are nasty!.......  for example :

    https://www.gamousa.com/

    GAMO Air Rifle RECOMMENDED USAGE

    proshot_red.png

    Provides accuracy and high velocity - ideal for nuisance animals such as mice, rats, birds and snakes.
    Also perfect for recreational shooting and other everyday usage.

    proshot_green.png

    Delivers accuracy with higher energy downrange for ultimate impact and penetration - ideal for small game such as rabbits, squirrels, raccoons and crows.

    proshot_blue.png

    Offers the ultimate in accuracy and consistent performance - ideal for both training and competitive shooting.

    Air Guns, Adult Precision Air Rifles, Airgun Pellets, Lasers and Optics

    For over 120 years Gamo has been in the air gun industry, designing and producing high quality and high powered air rifles, air pistols and airgun ammunition for small game hunting and pest control.

    Today, Gamo is the largest manufacturer of airgun pellets in the world, and one of the most recognized air gun manufacturers in Europe. Competing successfully worldwide, Gamo air guns can be found in more than fifty countries and used daily by hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.

    Whisper Fusion Mach 1

    The new air rifle features the latest in Gamo technology - the IGT MACH 1™. The IGT MACH 1™ replaces the standard spring powerplant with an Inert Gas Cylinder, but the IGT MACH 1's monster 33 milimeter cylinder delivers more Velocity and Terminal Penetration. The pneumatic cylinder propels pellets up to 1420 Feet Per Second in .177 Caliber and 1020 Feet Per Second in .22 Caliber (both with PBA Platinum Ammo), not to mention smooth and consistent Socking efforts with constant power delivered to any pellet you fire.

  • Gamo Air Pistols

    Gamo offers a variety of semi-automatic CO2 BB guns and .177 cal. pellet pistols. Crafted to the same meticulous standards as Gamo air rifles Gamo air pistols are second to none in speed, power, and accuracy.

    Warning GAMO AIRGUNS ARE NOT TOYS. GAMO AIRGUNS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR USE BY THOSE 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED. MISUSE OR CARELESS USE MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. DO NOT BRANDISH OR DISPLAY YOUR AIRGUN IN PUBLIC. IT MAY CONFUSE PEOPLE AND IT MAY BE A CRIME. POLICE AND OTHERS MAY THINK AN AIRGUN IS A FIREARM. DO NOT CHANGE THE COLORATION OR MARKINGS TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE LIKE A FIREARM. BUYER AND USER SHOULD CONFORM TO ALL LAWS GOVERNING THE USE AND OWNERSHIP OF THEIR AIRGUN. THE PERSON HANDLING THE AIRGUN AND ANYONE NEARBY SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING. ALWAYS USE CARE AND SHOOT SAFELY.

  • FB_IMG_1531394339839.jpg

  • I always wanted a Tarus Judge or S&W Governor, why I'm not sure......maybe it's just that it shoots .410/.45 ACP?

    A NICE .410 5 or 6 shot revolver in your drawer or hand that shoots shot or slug rounds, hmmmm.

    84b122bc91add9d63855b87dd235ee41.jpg

    1102f6f8dd5252dc9ecfd34293f7a336--shotgun-shells-handgun.jpg

  • Only bad thing about it is the clean up afterwards.

  • old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

  • old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    @calfoxwc said:

    old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    Plinker? .22 or .177 definitely yes. I have an old Crossman 760. 177 pump rifle I haven't shot in a few decades, a pain to pump and pump to full power but it will kill a bunny, squirrel, ground hog, beer can. I also have a co2 pistol, easier but goes through cartridges if you use it a lot.

    I've known farmers and ranchers who've used them and one outback friend in Australia, they work.

    Plinker .410? Not really but fun with a .410 rifle to blow off a box. An alternative for a women's home defense weapon with multi shots, makes a big noise, low recoil, and bad guys will RUN! (just check out the. 410 ammo loads above)

    So there you go........

  • old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    @calfoxwc said:

    old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    Reminds me of stories my dad told me, when he was a kid farmers would pay bounties for killing crows in their fields up to about 25 cents each, he got to be a great shot with his singleshot Springfield. 22 rifle....paid for his ammo and other stuff.

    He graduated from high school in 1939, in WWII it came in handy he was on a wooden minesweeper before the invasions in Africa and Italy,  they'd cut the cables and shoot the mines with a 30-06 scope or no scope, he was pretty good. They also occasionally used the .50 caliber "MA duece" machine guns to shoot mines or against German fighters who'd be shooting at him, got a Bronze Star there.

    So you knever know......

  • old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    @calfoxwc said:

    old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    Inquiring minds want to know..................................which tastes better, squirrel or groundhog??

  • @calfoxwc said:

    old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    Reminds me of stories my dad told me, when he was a kid farmers would pay bounties for killing crows in their fields up to about 25 cents each, he got to be a great shot with his singleshot Springfield. 22 rifle....paid for his ammo and other stuff.

    He graduated from high school in 1939, in WWII it came in handy he was on a wooden minesweeper before the invasions in Africa and Italy,  they'd cut the cables and shoot the mines with a 30-06 scope or no scope, he was pretty good. They also occasionally used the .50 caliber "MA duece" machine guns to shoot mines or against German fighters who'd be shooting at him, got a Bronze Star there.

    So you knever know......

    @mjp28 said:

    Reminds me of stories my dad told me, when he was a kid farmers would pay bounties for killing crows in their fields up to about 25 cents each, he got to be a great shot with his singleshot Springfield. 22 rifle....paid for his ammo and other stuff.

    He graduated from high school in 1939, in WWII it came in handy he was on a wooden minesweeper before the invasions in Africa and Italy,  they'd cut the cables and shoot the mines with a 30-06 scope or no scope, he was pretty good. They also occasionally used the .50 caliber "MA duece" machine guns to shoot mines or against German fighters who'd be shooting at him, got a Bronze Star there.

    So you knever know......

    Yep-I already said my dad became a WW II small arms trainer because he was such a dead shot. The lesson we learned about "all guns are loaded and off safe" came from his own experience with his first shotgun. He was fooling around inside the house with his shotgun thinking it was unloaded when he spotted a tick on his arm. So he pulled the barrel around in front of the tick resting it on his arm and stretched his other out to reach the "safe" trigger for grins only to have it blow the tick off his arm and singe arm hairs. LOL! Lesson passed on to kids for free.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    old farmer friend next door had one. It just about knocked him over when he fired it.

    Was like a cannon, he said. LOL. He gave it back to his son, and his son got him a

    .17 scoped rifle. Better for groundhogs. Less mess inside your house.

    Inquiring minds want to know..................................which tastes better, squirrel or groundhog??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Inquiring minds want to know..................................which tastes better, squirrel or groundhog??

    squirrel all the time.

    groundhog is okay - has to be a young groundhog, but I'm not in survival mode.

      I just have to stalk em - or they would be everywhere.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Reminds me of stories my dad told me, when he was a kid farmers would pay bounties for killing crows in their fields up to about 25 cents each, he got to be a great shot with his singleshot Springfield. 22 rifle....paid for his ammo and other stuff.

    He graduated from high school in 1939, in WWII it came in handy he was on a wooden minesweeper before the invasions in Africa and Italy,  they'd cut the cables and shoot the mines with a 30-06 scope or no scope, he was pretty good. They also occasionally used the .50 caliber "MA duece" machine guns to shoot mines or against German fighters who'd be shooting at him, got a Bronze Star there.

    So you knever know......

    Yep-I already said my dad became a WW II small arms trainer because he was such a dead shot. The lesson we learned about "all guns are loaded and off safe" came from his own experience with his first shotgun. He was fooling around inside the house with his shotgun thinking it was unloaded when he spotted a tick on his arm. So he pulled the barrel around in front of the tick resting it on his arm and stretched his other out to reach the "safe" trigger for grins only to have it blow the tick off his arm and singe arm hairs. LOL! Lesson passed on to kids for free.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep-I already said my dad became a WW II small arms trainer because he was such a dead shot. The lesson we learned about "all guns are loaded and off safe" came from his own experience with his first shotgun. He was fooling around inside the house with his shotgun thinking it was unloaded when he spotted a tick on his arm. So he pulled the barrel around in front of the tick resting it on his arm and stretched his other out to reach the "safe" trigger for grins only to have it blow the tick off his arm and singe arm hairs. LOL! Lesson passed on to kids for free.

    YES, lesson #1 treat every gun as if it were loaded and ready to fire, what ever you line up on is your target -and- NEVER, EVER pull the trigger unless you want it to FIRE!

    Lesson #2 use a pest spray for ticks next time. 😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep-I already said my dad became a WW II small arms trainer because he was such a dead shot. The lesson we learned about "all guns are loaded and off safe" came from his own experience with his first shotgun. He was fooling around inside the house with his shotgun thinking it was unloaded when he spotted a tick on his arm. So he pulled the barrel around in front of the tick resting it on his arm and stretched his other out to reach the "safe" trigger for grins only to have it blow the tick off his arm and singe arm hairs. LOL! Lesson passed on to kids for free.

    YES, lesson #1 treat every gun as if it were loaded and ready to fire, what ever you line up on is your target -and- NEVER, EVER pull the trigger unless you want it to FIRE!

    Lesson #2 use a pest spray for ticks next time. 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    YES, lesson #1 treat every gun as if it were loaded and ready to fire, what ever you line up on is your target -and- NEVER, EVER pull the trigger unless you want it to FIRE!

    Lesson #2 use a pest spray for ticks next time. 😆

    I learned the value of that myself when my older brother and I were out hunting rabbits together, he with our uncle's 16 gauge and me with my granddad's 20 gauge. We were walking together with me on the left and the shotgun down and to the left and my brother to the right with it down and a little right as we were taught. A rabbit jumped up in front of us and as I started to bring it up, it fired to the left away from us both. I had "thought" it was on safe when in fact it was not. My brother was spittin' mad at me and I knew I was in big time trouble when he would report it back to Dad. My Da'd response was perfect. He asked me how I was carrying and where was it pointed when I squeezed the trigger. When we both reported the same thing he just reinforced that "now you know what I mean don't you boy!" "Yes sir, I do." No punishment, just lesson well learned and applied so that nothing bad had happened.

  • https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54816/Firearms/Handguns/Bond+Arms/Bond+Arms+BATD22LR+Texas+Defender+2RD+22LR+3

    you can buy a different barrel for each caliber. I'm not interested in a 9mm in this little thing, but a .22 or .22 magnum would be cool.

  • https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54816/Firearms/Handguns/Bond+Arms/Bond+Arms+BATD22LR+Texas+Defender+2RD+22LR+3

    you can buy a different barrel for each caliber. I'm not interested in a 9mm in this little thing, but a .22 or .22 magnum would be cool.

    @calfoxwc said:

    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54816/Firearms/Handguns/Bond+Arms/Bond+Arms+BATD22LR+Texas+Defender+2RD+22LR+3

    you can buy a different barrel for each caliber. I'm not interested in a 9mm in this little thing, but a .22 or .22 magnum would be cool.

    Cool little toy gun, for personal protection I'd get the .22 MAG if you're going to piss someone off.

    Cool too if you are planning on playing cards in Deadwood, SD. 😆

  • @calfoxwc said:

    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54816/Firearms/Handguns/Bond+Arms/Bond+Arms+BATD22LR+Texas+Defender+2RD+22LR+3

    you can buy a different barrel for each caliber. I'm not interested in a 9mm in this little thing, but a .22 or .22 magnum would be cool.

    Cool little toy gun, for personal protection I'd get the .22 MAG if you're going to piss someone off.

    Cool too if you are planning on playing cards in Deadwood, SD. 😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Cool little toy gun, for personal protection I'd get the .22 MAG if you're going to piss someone off.

    Cool too if you are planning on playing cards in Deadwood, SD. 😆

    Here's a holster for it.?

    Aces & EightsAces-Eights.jpg
     
  • I'm halfway there. I have saved enough weekly allowance for half my Ruger 22LR Hunter. Xmas is looking good!!??

  • I'm halfway there. I have saved enough weekly allowance for half my Ruger 22LR Hunter. Xmas is looking good!!??

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm halfway there. I have saved enough weekly allowance for half my Ruger 22LR Hunter. Xmas is looking good!!??

    $557.00 ??? egad. I hear it's a great gun, though.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm halfway there. I have saved enough weekly allowance for half my Ruger 22LR Hunter. Xmas is looking good!!??

    $557.00 ??? egad. I hear it's a great gun, though.

    @calfoxwc said:

    $557.00 ??? egad. I hear it's a great gun, though.

    Where'd you find it for that price? Best I could find so far here is $643. It's the one with finger fitting wooden grips for L and R handers rather than the one $40 cheaper with flat wooden grips. Make it easier for my lefty grandson to hold while I'm teaching him how to shoot. Now my daughter doesn't want me to teach my other grandson, but I bet he persuades her otherwise after he sees how his cousin does. He's damn good with a BB gun already (rifle not pistol).

    Since I'm saving up for it myself I don't mind the price. I'd otherwise waste it in a casino anyhow.??️?