Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Biased reporting

Biased reporting

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
42 Posts 7 Posters 678 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This is from MarketWatch oh, no idea how biased they are but interesting chart anyway.

    20180624_094141.jpg

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
      #2

      The actual link

      https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

      Doesn't seem to me that time is even slightly to the right and CNN is obviously left.

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
        • 28k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        That's got to be the most cowpoop chart I've ever seen.

        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
          • 33k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Makes sense

          Again, if you're skewed one way or the other, and surround yourself with that media, your "center" probably won't be calibrated. Which we see all of the time on here. 

          So I'm not surprised people on here will have issues with most charts like this that are posted.

          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
          W 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

            Makes sense

            Again, if you're skewed one way or the other, and surround yourself with that media, your "center" probably won't be calibrated. Which we see all of the time on here. 

            So I'm not surprised people on here will have issues with most charts like this that are posted.

            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 39k Posts
            • 9k Reputation
            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @mld-woody said:

            Makes sense

            Again, if you're skewed one way or the other, and surround yourself with that media, your "center" probably won't be calibrated. Which we see all of the time on here. 

            So I'm not surprised people on here will have issues with most charts like this that are posted.

            That could explain your resistance to realizing that CNN spends most of his time on anti-trump BS. 

            WSS

            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              @mld-woody said:

              Makes sense

              Again, if you're skewed one way or the other, and surround yourself with that media, your "center" probably won't be calibrated. Which we see all of the time on here. 

              So I'm not surprised people on here will have issues with most charts like this that are posted.

              That could explain your resistance to realizing that CNN spends most of his time on anti-trump BS. 

              WSS

              MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
              • 33k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @westside-steve said:

              That could explain your resistance to realizing that CNN spends most of his time on anti-trump BS. 

              WSS

              Where did I "resist"?

              Or are you just spouting nonsense like usual? 

              Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                @westside-steve said:

                That could explain your resistance to realizing that CNN spends most of his time on anti-trump BS. 

                WSS

                Where did I "resist"?

                Or are you just spouting nonsense like usual? 

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mld-woody said:

                Where did I "resist"?

                Or are you just spouting nonsense like usual? 

                You took issue with my post (stating in effect that if someone is skewed one way or the other  it could taint)  one's opinion of the chart ) my reference to CNN being left wing.

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                  • 33k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  90% of articles on this board seem to fall in the "Red Rectangle: Nonsense damaging to public discourse". To no sane person's surprise

                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                    90% of articles on this board seem to fall in the "Red Rectangle: Nonsense damaging to public discourse". To no sane person's surprise

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @mld-woody said:

                    90% of articles on this board seem to fall in the "Red Rectangle: Nonsense damaging to public discourse". To no sane person's surprise

                    So? 

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 23k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                      #10

                      Ammoland is so far right and fakey/flakey that it dropped off the far right bottom of the page. But glad to see The Blaze hanging in there?

                      EDIT: Wait a  minute I think I see my brother pulling it back up.?

                      DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                        • 33k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Let's start posting more from the Enquirer.

                        Far and Balanced nonsense

                        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • T TexasAg1969

                          Ammoland is so far right and fakey/flakey that it dropped off the far right bottom of the page. But glad to see The Blaze hanging in there?

                          EDIT: Wait a  minute I think I see my brother pulling it back up.?

                          DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                          • 28k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @texasag1969 said:

                          Ammoland is so far right and fakey/flakey that it dropped off the far right bottom of the page. But glad to see The Blaze hanging in there?

                          EDIT: Wait a  minute I think I see my brother pulling it back up.?

                          You're more liberal than cleve and woody combined.

                          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                            • 33k Posts
                            • 3k Reputation
                            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Ag might be more left than me. But he's probably more conservative than me on guns. It's almost like having an independent, non extreme set if political ideals that don't just run in step with a party. 

                            Most of what he's doing tho is trying to troll the conservative posters on here. Basically what DieHard does but politically flipped. 

                            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                            W 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                              Ag might be more left than me. But he's probably more conservative than me on guns. It's almost like having an independent, non extreme set if political ideals that don't just run in step with a party. 

                              Most of what he's doing tho is trying to troll the conservative posters on here. Basically what DieHard does but politically flipped. 

                              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @mld-woody said:

                              Ag might be more left than me. But he's probably more conservative than me on guns. It's almost like having an independent, non extreme set if political ideals that don't just run in step with a party. 

                              Most of what he's doing tho is trying to troll the conservative posters on here. Basically what DieHard does but politically flipped. 

                              Hard to say. AG says he's been a John McCain Republican for a good long time. I'm assuming Republican even before John McCain and that he just voted Democrat because Donald Trump said it was raining and it wasn't or some such shitt. Hard to imagine that just because of a personal rag against Trump the guy has completely jumped over to the left side of the fence. Who knows.

                              WSS

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              T 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                Ammoland is so far right and fakey/flakey that it dropped off the far right bottom of the page. But glad to see The Blaze hanging in there?

                                EDIT: Wait a  minute I think I see my brother pulling it back up.?

                                You're more liberal than cleve and woody combined.

                                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                You're more liberal than cleve and woody combined.

                                Guess you needed that in pink. LOL!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                  • 33k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Good point. I think I was putting too much stock in his obvious trolling of others on here. 

                                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • W Westside Steve

                                    @mld-woody said:

                                    Ag might be more left than me. But he's probably more conservative than me on guns. It's almost like having an independent, non extreme set if political ideals that don't just run in step with a party. 

                                    Most of what he's doing tho is trying to troll the conservative posters on here. Basically what DieHard does but politically flipped. 

                                    Hard to say. AG says he's been a John McCain Republican for a good long time. I'm assuming Republican even before John McCain and that he just voted Democrat because Donald Trump said it was raining and it wasn't or some such shitt. Hard to imagine that just because of a personal rag against Trump the guy has completely jumped over to the left side of the fence. Who knows.

                                    WSS

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @westside-steve said:

                                    Hard to say. AG says he's been a John McCain Republican for a good long time. I'm assuming Republican even before John McCain and that he just voted Democrat because Donald Trump said it was raining and it wasn't or some such shitt. Hard to imagine that just because of a personal rag against Trump the guy has completely jumped over to the left side of the fence. Who knows.

                                    WSS

                                    I'm not really that hard to figure out. From day 1 on here I've made it clear I'm an independent thinker. McCain has been an independent thinker and is known not to always tow the party line if he disagrees. But on other things he is more conservative. I've also said frequently on here that I'm closer to the  Independent and Republican Senators from Maine than anyone else. Why? Because they weigh issues on the own merit or demerit, not a party line. Now Trump for me has always been nothing but a charlatan who I think has a wrecking ball mentality and a Russian Visa Card. I've made no bones about the fact I think he is the greatest threat to American democracy since Benedict Arnold.

                                    And this should give you even more of a clue. I have followed George Will, the conservative writer, for a long time. And if you have been paying attention you will find his thoughts on Trump align with mine. And guess what. This  lifelong very conservative Republican is calling for the country to vote Trump and all his cow towing lackeys right out the door this fall. Maybe some of you should pay attention.

                                    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-leaves-republican-party-urges-001048438.html

                                    W 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • T TexasAg1969

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      Hard to say. AG says he's been a John McCain Republican for a good long time. I'm assuming Republican even before John McCain and that he just voted Democrat because Donald Trump said it was raining and it wasn't or some such shitt. Hard to imagine that just because of a personal rag against Trump the guy has completely jumped over to the left side of the fence. Who knows.

                                      WSS

                                      I'm not really that hard to figure out. From day 1 on here I've made it clear I'm an independent thinker. McCain has been an independent thinker and is known not to always tow the party line if he disagrees. But on other things he is more conservative. I've also said frequently on here that I'm closer to the  Independent and Republican Senators from Maine than anyone else. Why? Because they weigh issues on the own merit or demerit, not a party line. Now Trump for me has always been nothing but a charlatan who I think has a wrecking ball mentality and a Russian Visa Card. I've made no bones about the fact I think he is the greatest threat to American democracy since Benedict Arnold.

                                      And this should give you even more of a clue. I have followed George Will, the conservative writer, for a long time. And if you have been paying attention you will find his thoughts on Trump align with mine. And guess what. This  lifelong very conservative Republican is calling for the country to vote Trump and all his cow towing lackeys right out the door this fall. Maybe some of you should pay attention.

                                      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-leaves-republican-party-urges-001048438.html

                                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                      • 39k Posts
                                      • 9k Reputation
                                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                      #18

                                      @texasag1969 said:

                                      I'm not really that hard to figure out. From day 1 on here I've made it clear I'm an independent thinker. McCain has been an independent thinker and is known not to always tow the party line if he disagrees. But on other things he is more conservative. I've also said frequently on here that I'm closer to the  Independent and Republican Senators from Maine than anyone else. Why? Because they weigh issues on the own merit or demerit, not a party line. Now Trump for me has always been nothing but a charlatan who I think has a wrecking ball mentality and a Russian Visa Card. I've made no bones about the fact I think he is the greatest threat to American democracy since Benedict Arnold.

                                      And this should give you even more of a clue. I have followed George Will, the conservative writer, for a long time. And if you have been paying attention you will find his thoughts on Trump align with mine. And guess what. This  lifelong very conservative Republican is calling for the country to vote Trump and all his cow towing lackeys right out the door this fall. Maybe some of you should pay attention.

                                      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-leaves-republican-party-urges-001048438.html

                                      Well if George Will is a conservative good for him. I've never thought of him as being a party guy but these days as he ages he is more of a ruling class guy. That means the Old Guard Republicans and Democrats. Like the coyote and the Sheepdog at the beginning of the cartoon punching the time card before they fight with each other. But if anybody considers himself conservative I'm wondering why oh, except for reinstating the ruling class, anybody would want the Hillary's and the Chuck Schumer's and the Nancy Pelosi's of the world running the country? You never really talk about any issues just blah blah blah charlatan snake-oil etc etc. So if you agree with George Will and are hoping that the Democrats take over what is it about Democrat policies you like better than Republican? Even though I'll be the first to admit the BS on both sides and the slight slight chance that any of that stuff will ever come to see the light of day.

                                      Try to stick to issues not personalities.

                                      WSS

                                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                      T 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • W Westside Steve

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        I'm not really that hard to figure out. From day 1 on here I've made it clear I'm an independent thinker. McCain has been an independent thinker and is known not to always tow the party line if he disagrees. But on other things he is more conservative. I've also said frequently on here that I'm closer to the  Independent and Republican Senators from Maine than anyone else. Why? Because they weigh issues on the own merit or demerit, not a party line. Now Trump for me has always been nothing but a charlatan who I think has a wrecking ball mentality and a Russian Visa Card. I've made no bones about the fact I think he is the greatest threat to American democracy since Benedict Arnold.

                                        And this should give you even more of a clue. I have followed George Will, the conservative writer, for a long time. And if you have been paying attention you will find his thoughts on Trump align with mine. And guess what. This  lifelong very conservative Republican is calling for the country to vote Trump and all his cow towing lackeys right out the door this fall. Maybe some of you should pay attention.

                                        https://finance.yahoo.com/news/george-leaves-republican-party-urges-001048438.html

                                        Well if George Will is a conservative good for him. I've never thought of him as being a party guy but these days as he ages he is more of a ruling class guy. That means the Old Guard Republicans and Democrats. Like the coyote and the Sheepdog at the beginning of the cartoon punching the time card before they fight with each other. But if anybody considers himself conservative I'm wondering why oh, except for reinstating the ruling class, anybody would want the Hillary's and the Chuck Schumer's and the Nancy Pelosi's of the world running the country? You never really talk about any issues just blah blah blah charlatan snake-oil etc etc. So if you agree with George Will and are hoping that the Democrats take over what is it about Democrat policies you like better than Republican? Even though I'll be the first to admit the BS on both sides and the slight slight chance that any of that stuff will ever come to see the light of day.

                                        Try to stick to issues not personalities.

                                        WSS

                                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 23k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @westside-steve said:

                                        Well if George Will is a conservative good for him. I've never thought of him as being a party guy but these days as he ages he is more of a ruling class guy. That means the Old Guard Republicans and Democrats. Like the coyote and the Sheepdog at the beginning of the cartoon punching the time card before they fight with each other. But if anybody considers himself conservative I'm wondering why oh, except for reinstating the ruling class, anybody would want the Hillary's and the Chuck Schumer's and the Nancy Pelosi's of the world running the country? You never really talk about any issues just blah blah blah charlatan snake-oil etc etc. So if you agree with George Will and are hoping that the Democrats take over what is it about Democrat policies you like better than Republican? Even though I'll be the first to admit the BS on both sides and the slight slight chance that any of that stuff will ever come to see the light of day.

                                        Try to stick to issues not personalities.

                                        WSS

                                        I can't get past a man who I believe made his fortune back through selling out to our enemies. That isn't a personality, it's a traitor. And when you add in the fact that he lies about everything, then you don't really have someone you can trust to do anything but do what he's been doing, wreck our alliances and boost our enemies. I can't be any plainer than that. He's a traitor. A traitor who wants to be a dictator. Sorry. Not my cup of tea.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                          • 64k Posts
                                          • 8k Reputation
                                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          silly untrue allegations with no evidence backing up nonsense claims.

                                          emotional knee jerkie.

                                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate