Tampa, Who's Going?
-
Brandywine or Boston Mills?
U R funnee, U shud B a comedian. Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin. The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see. Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.
Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge.
Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move.
Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed."
Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs.
Had to be Brandywine for Larry.??
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.
-
Brandywine or Boston Mills?
U R funnee, U shud B a comedian. Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin. The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see. Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.
Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge.
Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move.
Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed."
Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs.
Had to be Brandywine for Larry.??
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
U R funnee, U shud B a comedian. Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin. The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see. Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.
Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge.
Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move.
Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed."
Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs.
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers. F-14's have been out of action along time. MAGA.
s
-
U R funnee, U shud B a comedian. Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin. The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see. Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.
Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge.
Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move.
Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed."
Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs.
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers. F-14's have been out of action along time. MAGA.
s
F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers. F-14's have been out of action along time. MAGA.
s
Hey, I'm not into Navy versions.
-
F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers. F-14's have been out of action along time. MAGA.
s
Hey, I'm not into Navy versions.
-
Just FYI For Tex summit county is also here in Ohio. Akron is located in Summit County as is pretty much all of the Cuyahoga Valley national park where in there are two ski resorts there. The a for mentioned Brandywine and Boston Mills ski resorts
-
Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story. They had night skiing until 4 AM. You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time. Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt.
Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.
Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.
Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow... Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.
-
Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.
Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow... Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.
Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow... Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.
Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.
-
Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow... Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.
Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.
Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.
Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? ?
-
Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.
Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? ?
Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? ?
Nope, lucky Mary Jo!?
-
Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? ?
Nope, lucky Mary Jo!?
Nope, lucky Mary Jo!?
Too soon TexAg, too soon. ?
-
Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? ?
Nope, lucky Mary Jo!?
Nope, lucky Mary Jo!?
You're just a bunch of sick fuucks. Really now.
-
Only 3 1/2 weeks until Tampa !
I see lots of Browns fans going to Tampa, coming from all over.
Hearing the local Tampa browns fans are coordinating with others to organize events.
Should be hearing soon. Will be a great weekend !
-
-
Originally I was going, but then decided to attend New Orleans game instead (*grumble*). I live in Florida but can't swing it. Bought a house in September and I don't think I'll ever have money again. Lmao.
-
Only a couple days to Tampa !
I've seen at least 3 Tailgate parties for Sunday morning (Tampa, Naples & Jacksonville).
My Son and I are looking forward to meeting-up to Tailgate with other Browns Backers. We'll be at least one of those Tailgates.
Feel free to contact me and meet-up !
-
Naples Browns Backers will be tailgaiting in Lot 14.
I'll be there. Larry (Hoorta), Mike (Atlanta Mike) and hopefully Flugels and Russ (Balpeen).
Hoping to get there around 10am, lots open 930 am.
If anyone wants more info, PM me I can send you my phone to text me on Sunday.
Zombo
-
-
Originally I was going, but then decided to attend New Orleans game instead (*grumble*). I live in Florida but can't swing it. Bought a house in September and I don't think I'll ever have money again. Lmao.
Originally I was going, but then decided to attend New Orleans game instead (*grumble*). I live in Florida but can't swing it. Bought a house in September and I don't think I'll ever have money again. Lmao.
Debt shortens our lives by 20 years and sucks the fun out of life. And for what? A place to park our cars, take a schidt, watch TV and eat. Cathy and i have 5 bedrooms, 4 crappers, three attics. We own the place, but it is still a pain in the assz. It is said that a house is the best investment a man will ever make. I say, bullschidt, The best thing to spend money on are things that make us happy and allow us to have fun. Otherwise, what the hell is the point to life (Save the spiritual things)
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login