Tampa, Who's Going?
-
Well maybe the good ol' USA isn't so bad afterall. The worst 13. St. Louis 21. Baltimore 41. New Orleans 42. Detroit in the top 50. Again perception isn't always reality. Memphis doesn't make the world top 50. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
Worst country Brazil, by far. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate
The following 50 cities have the highest murder rates in the world of all cities not at war, with a population of at least 300,000 people, and all relevant data available online.[1][2]
Rank City Country Homicides
(2017)Population
(2017)Homicides
per 100,0001 Los Cabos MEXICO, NO WAY!
Mexico
365 328,245 111.33 2 Caracas
Venezuela
3,387 3,046,104 111.19 3 Acapulco USED TO BE NICE!
Mexico
910 853,646 106.63 4 Natal
Brazil
1,378 1,343,573 102.56 5 Tijuana 1 IN 1,000 YOU'RE DEAD
Mexico
1,897 1,882,492 100.77 6 La Paz
Mexico
259 305,455 84.79 7 Fortaleza
Brazil
3,270 3,917,279 83.48 8 Ciudad Victoria
Mexico
301 361,078 83.32 9 Ciudad Guayana
Venezuela
728 906,879 80.28 10 Belém
Brazil
1,743 2,441,761 71.38 11 Vitória da Conquista
Brazil
245 348,718 70.26 12 Culiacán
Mexico
671 957,613 70.10 13 St. Louis * AMERICA'S MURDER, INC
United States
205 311,404 65.83 14 Maceió
Brazil
658 1,029,129 63.94 15 Cape Town
South Africa
2,493 4,004,793 62.25 16 Kingston NO THANKS! Mon!
Jamaica
705 1,180,771 59.71 17 San Salvador
El Salvador
1,057 1,789,588 59.06 18 Aracaju
Brazil
560 951,073 58.88 19 Feira de Santana
Brazil
369 627,477 58.81 20 Ciudad Juárez
Mexico
814 1,448,859 56.16 21 Baltimore YES BALTIMORE!
United States
341 614,664 55.48 22 Recife
Brazil
2,180 3,965,699 54.96 23 Maturín
Venezuela
327 600,722 54.43 24 Guatemala City
Guatemala
1,705 3,187,293 53.49 25 Salvador
Brazil
2,071 4,015,205 51.58 26 San Pedro Sula
Honduras
392 765,864 51.18 27 Valencia
Venezuela
784 1,576,071 49.74 28 Cali
Colombia
1,261 2,542,876 49.59 29 Chihuahua
Mexico
460 929,884 49.48 30 João Pessoa
Brazil
554 1,126,613 49.17 31 Obregón
Mexico
166 339,000 48.96 32 San Juan
Puerto Rico
169 347,052 48.70 33 Barquisimeto
Venezuela
644 1,335,348 48.23 34 Manaus
Brazil
1,024 2,130,264 48.07 35 Distrito Central (Tegucigalpa)
Honduras
588 1,224,897 48.00 36 Tepic
Mexico
237 503,330 47.09 37 Palmira
Colombia
144 308,669 46.65 38 Reynosa
Mexico
294 701,525 41.95 39 Porto Alegre
Brazil
1,748 4,268,083 40.96 40 Macapá
Brazil
191 474,706 40.24 41 New Orleans PARTY TOWN?
United States
157 391,495 40.10 42 Detroit NOT A SURPRISE
United States
267 672,795 39.69 43 Mazatlán
Mexico
192 488,281 39.32 44 Durban
South Africa
1,396 3,661,911 38.12 45 Campos dos Goytacazes
Brazil
184 490,288 37.53 46 Nelson Mandela Bay (Port Elizabeth)
South Africa
474 1,263,051 37.53 47 Campina Grande
Brazil
153 410,332 37.29 48 Teresina
Brazil
315 850,198 37.05 49 Vitoria
Brazil
707 1,960,213 36.07 50 Cúcuta
Colombia
290 833,743 34.78 -
tampa is a shithole of a town
You must have been on the shithole side of town.
Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.
Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.
Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterfuck, half of which does not speak English.
Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining
Tampa I can deal with ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.
Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.
Zombo
Zombo said:
You must have been on the shithole side of town.
Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.
Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.
Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterShmuck, half of which does not speak English.
Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining
Tampa I can deal with ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.
Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.
Zombo
never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs
-
So is Portland.

saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house
-
So is Portland.

saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house
-
Lived all over the world druggie.
internet traveling doe's not count
-
-
Zombo said:
You must have been on the shithole side of town.
Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.
Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.
Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterShmuck, half of which does not speak English.
Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining
Tampa I can deal with ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.
Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.
Zombo
never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs
-
Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.
My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.
I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday.. No issues..
I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens.. Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..
-
Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.
My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.
I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday.. No issues..
I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens.. Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..
I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday.. No issues..
I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens.. Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..
We have retired friends around Ft. Myers, Sanibel and surrounding areas up and down the gulf side.
Some relatives too I haven't seen in a long time.
-
Bring home a winner guys.
-
I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.
-
Just saw on FB Earnest Byner is at the WingHouse at Tampa Stadium.
-
I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.
I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.
can you play cb better than the 2 on PS we left at home? we will dress 4 active CB's..ward.carrie.T.Thomas,D.Rice..check in with BBC for your unie #..?. 1 active spot on roster & your it.. give'em hell..
-
Hahaha sign me up, coach
-
I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!
I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!
I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe.
-
I expect a good game from the secondary after a little reading, Boddy-Calhoun in the nickel again will be pretty nice. There should be some ints, I’m kinda regretting dropping browns Defense
-
-
I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!
I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe.
I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe.
Ybor City one of the old cigar rolling hubs from south Florida. Despite being a cigar aficionado I never made it there.
-
Any pictures from the day? Sounded like we had a lot of fans in the stadium
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login