Skip to content

Tampa, Who's Going?

The Browns Board
105 21 3.5k
  • @atom said:

    tampa is a shithole of a town

    You must have been on the shithole side of town.

    Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.

    Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.

    Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterfuck, half of which does not speak English.

    Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining

    Tampa I can deal with  ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.

    Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.

    Zombo

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Zombo said:

    You must have been on the shithole side of town.

    Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.

    Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.

    Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterShmuck, half of which does not speak English.

    Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining

    Tampa I can deal with  ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.

    Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.

    Zombo

    never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs

  • @atom said:

    tampa is a shithole of a town

    So is Portland.

    Image result for portland homeless pics

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So is Portland.

    Image result for portland homeless pics

    saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So is Portland.

    Image result for portland homeless pics

    saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @atom said:

    saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house

    Lived all over the world druggie.

  • @atom said:

    saw the same thing in tampa u ever been outside the state of ohio or as far as that go's out of your hometown or from your mom's house

    Lived all over the world druggie.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Lived all over the world druggie.

    internet traveling doe's not count

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Prior engagement so I'll be in the 34217 watching what I can catch on the big screen..  I'm a Bucs fan and a Browns fan.. I don't like when these two play..

    The Bucs just fired Mike Smith and McCoy is doubtful.. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Browns win this one..

  • Zombo said:

    You must have been on the shithole side of town.

    Of the four major Florida metropolises, Tampa is by far the most liveable IMO.

    Jacksonville is rednecky (and a little too cool in the wintertime for me). Lots of rebel flags and horns that play "dixie" if you are into that sort of thing.

    Miami and surrounding areas is a concrete jungle of mass clusterShmuck, half of which does not speak English.

    Orlando is a living landlocked hell of shopping centers and chain restaurants with snot nosed kids whining

    Tampa I can deal with  ... nice downtown area on the water, nice beaches. It has its bad areas and rednecks too ... but you can find some nice spots in the Tampa Bay area.

    Florida overall ... There are some decent towns in the panhandle, but Sarasota and Naples are by far the best two places to live in my book.

    Zombo

    never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @atom said:

    never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs

    Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.

    My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.

  • @atom said:

    never made it down to naples but ya sarasota has some beautiful white beachs

    Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.

    My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mjp28 said:

    Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.

    My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.

    I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday..  No issues..

     I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens..  Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..

  • AxeA Axe

    @mjp28 said:

    Captiva, Sanibel, Naples, Marco Island all nice......too bad the Red Tide is ruining everything.

    My godparents and their kids lived in Tampa for decades right off of Busch Blvd by Busch Gardens.

    I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday..  No issues..

     I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens..  Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @axe said:

    I previously posted my local.. Wife and I spent the late morning and early afternoon on the beach Monday..  No issues..

     I grew up 30 miles east of Cleve but have been here since 73.. Red tide happens..  Kinda like Lovebugs.. No one can answer why absolutely.. Just happens with varying degrees of severity.. One thing is certain after an outbreak of red tide.. It will be a banner yr for shrimp..

    We have retired friends around Ft. Myers, Sanibel and surrounding areas up and down the gulf side.

    Some relatives too I haven't seen in a long time.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    Bring home a winner guys. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #86

    I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Just saw on FB Earnest Byner is at the WingHouse at Tampa Stadium. 

  • I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’ll be out there, let’s get this W.

    can you play cb better than the 2 on PS we left at home? we will dress 4 active CB's..ward.carrie.T.Thomas,D.Rice..check in with BBC for your unie #..?. 1 active spot on roster & your it.. give'em hell.. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Hahaha sign me up, coach 

  • I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @stillmotion said:

    I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!

    I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe. 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #91

    I expect a good game from the secondary after a little reading, Boddy-Calhoun in the nickel again will be pretty nice. There should be some ints, I’m kinda regretting dropping browns Defense 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #92

    For those of us going, the Board Tailgate is in lot 14 with Zombo's Naples Browns Backers. BYOB, and a contribution for food.

  • @stillmotion said:

    I have a wedding in LA but wish I could've gone. Tampa is my old stomping ground. Slam some drinks for me!

    I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I lived there for a spell. Got plenty drunk in Ybor City a few times. Hehe. 

    Ybor City one of the old cigar rolling hubs from south Florida.  Despite being a cigar aficionado I never made it there.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Any pictures from the day? Sounded like we had a lot of fans in the stadium 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #95

    We did.

    The weather was ok, a little hot in the sun. Good to meet up with Z and Flugels.

  • BusterBrownTigeB BusterBrownTige wrote on last edited by BusterBrownTige
    #96

    20181021_113142.jpg

    20181021_113235.jpg

    20181020_191245.jpg

    20181020_185835.jpg