Skip to content

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

The Browns Board
219 43 8.1k 1
  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Video blocked.

  • Video blocked.

    D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    @lbc-mike said:

    Video blocked.

    You can open it on YT

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    It's good to see JG staying in shape, working hard each day, training and staying focused..

    I can see why he wouldn't want to be in Cleveland right now...

    Callaway getting popped with MJ, Hard Knocks, etc.Ā 

    I just hope hes there soon...Ā 

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by

    God I love this kid, I have always rooted for him...Ā  Ā He is soft spoken and likely painfully shy. I can relate as I was horribly shy as a young man. I can completely understand why he did what he did as many with his anxiety and shyness did the same..Ā 

    I was pissed at him years ago for throwing away so much because I didn't understand where it was coming from.. My stereotypical mind went to "He's just another over privileged pooper who took the money and couldn't care less about the team".... Now I see him for what he is.. A shy kid having to deal with horrible anxiety doing something that is the opposite of what his personality wants and that is to stay out of the spotlight and to not be the center of attention.Ā 

    I think he is going to F U C K I N .G kill it this season..

    Josh if by chance you are reading threads like this one... You are going to be one of the Great Ones!Ā  Ā Go Browns....

    On a side note, are these videos recent does anyone know? Was this what he was doing on the offseason? Or is this what he is doing now that his team is in training camp? If it is current I have even more hope for him this season. He looks sharp and in shape and he is focused...

    I understand the need for a QB and Receiver to build trust and to get to know each other. But I believe that Josh is a once in a generation talent that can literally walk on to the field after being out of the league for literal years and have the ball thrown at him and he looks like he never left....

    Tyrod is going to have so much fun with the WR corp we have assembled.

    BobPound!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

    Ā  OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

  • Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

    Ā  OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

    Ā  OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    Cal- I wonder about theĀ "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.Ā Ā 

  • I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while.Ā 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him.Ā 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I almost feel like the Gordon business is a work, and he might have been told to stay away from hard knocks at least for a little while.Ā 

    Probably that's ridiculous, but it feels a little fishy that if he decided he couldn't attend training camp that they're not legit furious with him.Ā 

    I've never been a big fan of Hue as a HC, but I've never doubted that he's a genuine dude. Watching Hard Knocks it came across pretty clearly he cares about Josh Gordon the man and that's where it's all coming from.Ā 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Well, that video is uplifting. It's easy to be pessimistic, given his history of failure....but I believe he really has turned his life around,

    and wants to be the player he could have been, for an entire season, every game, and be even better than that.

    Ā  OK, I'm buyin it. "Before I have to come back"...I get it now. I can wait til he comes back, and is an All-pro every play, every game of the regular season and post-season, and off the field. He knows it's his last chance - and wants every bit of work to prepare him to really make up for the other lost months/years.

    You, GO, Josh.

    Cal- I wonder about theĀ "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.Ā Ā 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Cal- I wonder about theĀ "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.Ā Ā 

    Ā Ā  Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

    Ā Ā  We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

    Ā Ā  Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

  • @hoorta said:

    Cal- I wonder about theĀ "Before I have to come back" comment. Is this a wink-wink between Gordon, the team, and the NFL? Could be. Just might be a super secret report date for Josh coming back, that no one is letting on they know anything about. He's sure working out hard enough, but even at an all-pro level, it will take more than a day or two to get in sync with Taylor and Mayfield.Ā Ā 

    Ā Ā  Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

    Ā Ā  We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

    Ā Ā  Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Ā Ā  Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

    Ā Ā  We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

    Ā Ā  Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

    I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Ā Ā  Yes, it could be. I don't blame him for not wanting to be the focus of the Hard Knocks stuff to any degree. We'll see how it plays out. But it was really heartening to watch the trainers working with him - they seem to really understand that Gordon is very serious.

    Ā Ā  We'll just have to see how it plays out. But him talking - that's as eloquent as I've ever heard him. Hope he's in camp soon.

    Ā Ā  Wonder when Hard KNocks leaves.

    I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.

    I think they leave right after the final cuts and once there is a 53 man roster (Monday after last preseason game?)?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.

    I think they leave right after the final cuts and once there is a 53 man roster (Monday after last preseason game?)?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I think they leave right after the final cuts and once there is a 53 man roster (Monday after last preseason game?)?

    That makes sense. They want the drama of final cuts for players you learn to follow through trials and tribulations. I do know they get out of the way so the team can fully prepare for the 1st game of the real season. 53 man roster must be made by Sat. Sept. 1 @ 400pm NY time. Last pre-season games are Aug. 30 this year.

    https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts.Ā 

  • I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts.Ā 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts.Ā 

    If nothing else than for the QB's to know how to "read" him when routes break down.

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by

    I am not sure Gordon needs that much time to get on the same page with the qb's as a first or second year player. Give himĀ  a week or two of practices, plus a little late night session with TT and Mayfield and I think he will be fine. Even if it takes him a few regular season games to get into the full swing of things, this is partly why you have a guy like Landry around to help ease the burden. Not to mention, at worst, he is a decoy drawing coverage.Ā 

    After watching hard knocks, I have a very good feeling Josh Gordon is going to be a Brown for a long time. I think with the organization standing behind him as well as he begins to wrap his head around his disease, the Browns are going to be a very safe place for him. I think they will get a contract extension done by the end of the year (yes, there is going to be an out clause for the browns) where Gordon sticks around for a number of years.Ā 

  • I am not sure Gordon needs that much time to get on the same page with the qb's as a first or second year player. Give himĀ  a week or two of practices, plus a little late night session with TT and Mayfield and I think he will be fine. Even if it takes him a few regular season games to get into the full swing of things, this is partly why you have a guy like Landry around to help ease the burden. Not to mention, at worst, he is a decoy drawing coverage.Ā 

    After watching hard knocks, I have a very good feeling Josh Gordon is going to be a Brown for a long time. I think with the organization standing behind him as well as he begins to wrap his head around his disease, the Browns are going to be a very safe place for him. I think they will get a contract extension done by the end of the year (yes, there is going to be an out clause for the browns) where Gordon sticks around for a number of years.Ā 

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @bigalow80 said:

    I am not sure Gordon needs that much time to get on the same page with the qb's as a first or second year player. Give himĀ  a week or two of practices, plus a little late night session with TT and Mayfield and I think he will be fine. Even if it takes him a few regular season games to get into the full swing of things, this is partly why you have a guy like Landry around to help ease the burden. Not to mention, at worst, he is a decoy drawing coverage.Ā 

    After watching hard knocks, I have a very good feeling Josh Gordon is going to be a Brown for a long time. I think with the organization standing behind him as well as he begins to wrap his head around his disease, the Browns are going to be a very safe place for him. I think they will get a contract extension done by the end of the year (yes, there is going to be an out clause for the browns) where Gordon sticks around for a number of years.Ā 

    Based on his history, I doubt it, but hope you're right.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    It doesn’t appear Myles Garrett had any Hard Knocks interviews so I bet Gordon could have opted out.Ā 

  • It doesn’t appear Myles Garrett had any Hard Knocks interviews so I bet Gordon could have opted out.Ā 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    It doesn’t appear Myles Garrett had any Hard Knocks interviews so I bet Gordon could have opted out.Ā 

    They did a little bit on him tonight.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts.Ā 

    If nothing else than for the QB's to know how to "read" him when routes break down.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    If nothing else than for the QB's to know how to "read" him when routes break down.

    That's a great point, Texas. Both our QBs have the ability to extend plays, and while Taylor is obviously the superior runner, Mayfield is also quite adept at moving around the pocket. Getting that chemistry of knowing when to take off, come back to the qb, or whatever is extremely important. And having Josh Gordon cutting it loose down field during a broken play is a nice thought.Ā 

    Oh, Josh just posted an Instagram picture yesterday of his portrait intertwined with the Lombardi Trophy. There wasn't a caption, but if I'm reading between the lines, I believe it means he's getting ready to come home. Be well, Josh. Please let the visions of Jarvis Landry, Antonio Callaway, and Josh Gordon come true.Ā