Who Plays LT?
-
Especially when Bitonio is on record saying that too much time has gone by for him to go back to LT, and that he's a guard in the NFL.
got my attention,if the record is post-able, post it. I'd like to read it cause Wildhogg Wylie needs to know not to play Joel at LT during OTA's.
Look, we have drafted butt backwards for years..imho, Corbett on his best day is a G or a Center in the nfl at best. But for any reason that we may have to slide Joel over to LT? Just remember the best LG in the draft that we passed on was at #33..was Will Hernandez.Honestly, do you think G.Williams had a lot to do with the drafting of Denzel Ward over Bradley Chubb? Am thinking Wylie had his choice too. And Wylie "may" have... Wiffed! Tia is right, Certainly to early to tell..
got my attention,if the record is post-able, post it. I'd like to read it cause Wildhogg Wylie needs to know not to play Joel at LT during OTA's.
Look, we have drafted butt backwards for years..imho, Corbett on his best day is a G or a Center in the nfl at best. But for any reason that we may have to slide Joel over to LT? Just remember the best LG in the draft that we passed on was at #33..was Will Hernandez.Honestly, do you think G.Williams had a lot to do with the drafting of Denzel Ward over Bradley Chubb? Am thinking Wylie had his choice too. And Wylie "may" have... Wiffed! Tia is right, Certainly to early to tell..
Understanding Ogbah had 22.5 sacks in his last 2 years of college football up against Chubb's 20 sacks in his final 2 years - I didn't feel the same amount of position improvement that Denzel Ward offered us at #4 overall at CB in a division that has WRs to defend like Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Michael Crabtree, etc....
Yeah, to be honest, Hernandez excited me every but as much as the much more hyped Quenton Nelson. When I saw how agile Hernandez was in that frame at Indy - it was jaw hitting the floor level of remarkable. A lot of Nelson's highlights involved some double teams and trapping and pulling while Hernandez films showed him going John Deere tractor on guys 1 on 1. I didn't know very much about Corbett at all. I was worried we made an epic reach at first; but the more I read up on him the better I felt. Then I saw Dorsey celebrating like he was relieved we were able to draft him where we did so I'm sure he knew a lot more about the guy than I did. I don't think this was a GREAT LT draft at all especially when we factor in our 2 first round draft. I didn't feel like I found very much to complain about in this draft. My biggest nitpick that could be very easily contested is I wouldn't have minded it if we were the team that drafted Orlando Brown in round 3 instead of the Rats. I realize he didn't bench press or run the 40 like Tony Mandarach (who failed as a LT prior to succeeding as an OG on his next team); but I've seen some good highlights of Brown in a career where Mayfield said he didn't give up a sack in his last 2 seasons.
Just this week Joe Thomas gave Oline Coach Bob Wylie very high praise in an interview I caught. While the drop off at LT from Joe Thomas to anybody else is cause for concern - there's good news in the form of how much we upgraded the blocking at TE with the 6'7" 270 lb Darren Fells. It's also comforting to know Chris Hubbard has experience starting at RT in Haley's offense. We've got the personnel to do some unbalanced lines. In the past when a guy recovered from a reconstructive knee surgery - it was often said he could expect to perform much closer to full capacity in the 2nd year post op. That's where I believe Shon Coleman is at now as he returns to the LT position he played at Auburn. The only question is, who am I trying to convince more - me or you? All the time we never had to worry about LT - 2007 marked the only personnel group that could win 10 games (Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl WR, Pro Bowl Alternate QB, RB rushed for 1300 yards, Eric Steinbach at LG, JT at LT, etc). Now that we've finally added a lot of talent to the offense - LT seems like the only concern. It's a good thing we won't have a cement shoe'd QB. Hopefully, I'm not still calling the Warden - Anita Beer on Sundays...
-
S.Coleman was backed up by Austin Corbett at LT spot day 3, 1st day of pads. Hue handled his presser well, regarding LT questions. But it always bothersome when the media's first few questions out of the box point directly at LT position. Red flags go up for me & 11 on 11 plays cannot be shown. Greg Robinson is now in concussion protocol.Desmond Harrison is still out with a ankle. So all the playing cards are not even on the table yet. Here's how Joel started his day..
LONG WAY TO GO..but team Captain could be in this guys future..
He’s a good interview. Watched the whole thing. Gives some insight into the difference between playing guard vs. tackle in layman’s terms.
Also the first l’ve heard about Tretter tweaking his diet and putting on 10 more lbs. That could be big for us if he can maintain his quickness with the extra weight.
Gives some insight into the difference between playing guard vs. tackle in layman’s terms.
Also the first l’ve heard about Tretter tweaking his diet and putting on 10 more lbs. That could be big for us if he can maintain his quickness with the extra weight.
Sounds like Joel got some "Hot takes" from JT on them layman T/G terms
. Good find by you on Tretter. I missed it, till your post. Adding 10lbs on Tretter can't hurt his run blocking. More signs Haley wants to involve the power running game. Tretter's pass pro numbers showed 1 sack on last season.Combo of 2 things A) That's a ox strong dude, playing under weight at center or B)them some fat,slow NT's, cause Kizer held the ball all day..
Yeah, to be honest, Hernandez excited me every but as much as the much more hyped Quenton Nelson. When I saw how agile Hernandez was in that frame at Indy - it was jaw hitting the floor level of remarkable. A lot of Nelson's highlights involved some double teams and trapping and pulling while Hernandez films showed him going John Deere tractor on guys 1 on 1. I didn't know very much about Corbett at all. I was worried we made an epic reach at first; but the more I read up on him the better I felt.
Did ya hear my Sequoia fall in the woods with the words starting with "in college, Corbett played multiple positions on the OL" I wanted to punch my 60" TV..? ? I'd almost bet Dorsey thur Highsmith, liked the nasty that Corbett can bring on game tape. We'll see what munster wants to swing first..Nobody from the Little Giants wants to mess with Hernandez in camp anymore..
-
A story on how Tretter’s weight gain. Eating muffins. Yeah, muffins.
-
A story on how Tretter’s weight gain. Eating muffins. Yeah, muffins.
A story on how Tretter’s weight gain. Eating muffins. Yeah, muffins.
Well.....that works for me....even if, in my case, it shouldn't.
-
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/07/29/cleveland-browns-moving-joel-bitonio-left-tackle-last-resort/
This pretty much agrees with what I've thought about Bitonio and the vacant Left Tackle spot...
-
Bito ain't movin'...
LT is Shon's job to lose... and I still do not think he will lose it.
Corbett was a luxury pick, but he gives us great inside flexibility and an emergency OT. Ultimately I think he wins the Center job.
-
https://www.brownszone.com/2018/07/30/shon-coleman-trying-to-hold-onto-left-tackle-job-as-browns-search-for-answer/ Dorsey/coaches can evaluate Coleman from camp tape. Sure I watch every passing play at camp. Than watch it a 2nd time only watching LT position. Media should have a concern. With 2 LT's out injured, we can't evaluate guys standing in floppy hats.Enter T Kevin Bowen,who was not drafted, and out injured in both his seasons with Skins. Wylie & Dorsey need to turn over every rock at a position that is being questioned like almost everyday..
-
Bito ain't movin'...
LT is Shon's job to lose... and I still do not think he will lose it.
Corbett was a luxury pick, but he gives us great inside flexibility and an emergency OT. Ultimately I think he wins the Center job.
Bito ain't movin'...
LT is Shon's job to lose... and I still do not think he will lose it.
Corbett was a luxury pick, but he gives us great inside flexibility and an emergency OT. Ultimately I think he wins the Center job.
Yes, seriously. Why move a player who is Pro Bowl caliber where he is? You probably just weaken 2 spots then. Let the LT candidates fight it out for the slot, Coleman, Robinson, maybe Harrison. If none of them cut the mustard, we will have to make do until they find another FA...or draft a guy next year that can.
-
Bito ain't movin'...
LT is Shon's job to lose... and I still do not think he will lose it.
Corbett was a luxury pick, but he gives us great inside flexibility and an emergency OT. Ultimately I think he wins the Center job.
Yes, seriously. Why move a player who is Pro Bowl caliber where he is? You probably just weaken 2 spots then. Let the LT candidates fight it out for the slot, Coleman, Robinson, maybe Harrison. If none of them cut the mustard, we will have to make do until they find another FA...or draft a guy next year that can.
Yes, seriously. Why move a player who is Pro Bowl caliber where he is? You probably just weaken 2 spots then. Let the LT candidates fight it out for the slot, Coleman, Robinson, maybe Harrison. If none of them cut the mustard, we will have to make do until they find another FA...or draft a guy next year that can.
And next year's draft appears loaded for LTs...
-
Yes, seriously. Why move a player who is Pro Bowl caliber where he is? You probably just weaken 2 spots then. Let the LT candidates fight it out for the slot, Coleman, Robinson, maybe Harrison. If none of them cut the mustard, we will have to make do until they find another FA...or draft a guy next year that can.
And next year's draft appears loaded for LTs...
And next year's draft appears loaded for LTs...
a good old poke in the eye and we have not hit the preseason..
? Fortune cookie wisdom
-
Saw Corbett up close, he looks like a LT. Was in at second team LT every day after Greg’s concussion.
LT is a scary weakness right now. I don’t understand their plan.
I agree with Tour about Corbett potentially moving to center. Talked about that a lot with Petrak last Friday.
-
Saw Corbett up close, he looks like a LT. Was in at second team LT every day after Greg’s concussion.
LT is a scary weakness right now. I don’t understand their plan.
I agree with Tour about Corbett potentially moving to center. Talked about that a lot with Petrak last Friday.
LT is a scary weakness right now. I don’t understand their plan.
thanks mike, Does S.Coleman still look slow getting out of 3 point, and a tick behind the snap? His auburn teammate Greg Robinson seems to have the same issue? But I have read, Robinson was not to bad looking at LT before injury..I also read Brian O'Neill at Vikes projects to RT for now. Vikes plan is adding weight to O'Neill to 305lbs., with a final goal of 315lbs..Robinson could stand to lose some imo.Does Corbett really look at position over 300lbs parked next to Bitonio?
-
Who Plays LT?
It's turning out to be the biggest position issue on the team. Not just any fattass will do.
Not just any fattass will do.
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
-
Not just any fattass will do.
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
I loved how Myles gave him a respectful tap at the end of the last play. I think we found our LT!!!!!?
-
Not just any fattass will do.
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index
We're pullin' for ya Joel! We need somebody good out there on that island.
-
Not just any fattass will do.
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
Great clip in that link. Probably watched it 5 times and l gotta say that’s some hope inducing shìt.
They threw it all at him. Spin moves in and out, bull rushes, hand fighting, speed rushes, delayed rushers that he had to release and pick up. And l didn’t see much TE help in those clips. It really looks like they threw the book at him to see if he can speed read, and he can!
Camp reports seem to say he held his own but the interior suffered with 2 new guards snd a Tretter off day. Tried to pick up some of daid suffering in that clip but tough camera angle to do that.
-
Not a bad start for Joel at LT.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/post_225.html#incart_river_index Pecking order going into team scrimage today..1's=Bitonio.. 2's & 3's =were split with S.Coleman playing 3 to 1 snaps over G.Robinson (might be brought back slowly till today) Harrison still on Pup & I've seen a few snaps with T Kevin Bowen we picked up off Skins with 3's..Feeling like a big scrimmage with the 2's for S.Coleman,G.Robinson & Bowen..Please put Baker in a big bright Red Jersey..
Great clip in that link. Probably watched it 5 times and l gotta say that’s some hope inducing shìt.
They threw it all at him. Spin moves in and out, bull rushes, hand fighting, speed rushes, delayed rushers that he had to release and pick up. And l didn’t see much TE help in those clips. It really looks like they threw the book at him to see if he can speed read, and he can!
Camp reports seem to say he held his own but the interior suffered with 2 new guards snd a Tretter off day. Tried to pick up some of daid suffering in that clip but tough camera angle to do that.
Camp reports seem to say he held his own but the interior suffered with 2 new guards snd a Tretter off day. Tried to pick up some of daid suffering in that clip but tough camera angle to do that.
At 1-31, I will never be a fan of a Veterans Day off..Tretter should have been told "get your butt out there were starting a new LT & a drafted LG today" Move Tretter's damm day off to the weekend..Glad you enjoyed the clip. Hop on the Joel Train..He's got this..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login