Skip to content

Pro pick'em league

The Browns Board
72 12 3.0k
  • Congratulations to the winner and to everyone who finished in the top 8. 

    Everyone who finished below that suck donkey butts.

    @mark-o said:

    Congratulations to the winner and to everyone who finished in the top 8. 

    Everyone who finished below that suck donkey butts.

    Man, I was about to say congratulations to the top 17 and it still would have worked... 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Or Tour won in a photo finish with J-Rod the place and roach the show. Congratulations!

    Ironically that was Tour's only weekly win of the season with J-Rod getting -0- and roach with 4 and only three guys over .500.....I'll bet you never see that again.

    So for the "thanks for playing" group who made it all possible here is 21 weeks worth of excitement in one shot. 

    Rank Pick Set Name Wk 1 Wk 2 Wk 3 Wk 4 Wk 5 Wk 6 Wk 7 Wk 8 Wk 9 Wk 10 Wk 11 Wk 12 Wk 13 Wk 14 Wk 15 Wk 16 Wk 17 P1 P2 P3 P4 Total Pts
    1 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 10 8 6 9 6 4 7 7 9 7 5 11 8 7 3 10 10 1 2 2 1 133
    2 Browns57 5 6 6 6 8 5 7 8 7 8 7 10 8 9 5 9 12 2 2 2 1 133
    3 roach 7 9 10 4 11 6 2 4 6 6 9 10 8 11 8 5 6 3 3 1 1 130
    4 rick's 7 8 10 7 8 7 2 8 5 9 8 8 6 11 5 6 11 2 1 0 0 129
    5 G-Man 9 5 7 7 4 6 8 7 4 6 7 9 10 8 8 7 11 1 3 1 0 128
    6 Kmac's Dawgs 5 2 7 7 8 7 7 9 8 7 6 6 8 8 8 10 10 1 3 1 0 128
    7 mjp's ALL PROS 9 4 4 9 9 5 8 4 6 10 4 6 7 10 7 9 11 2 1 2 0 127
    8 Mark O 8 6 7 7 6 5 4 10 6 6 6 9 5 9 7 11 8 2 0 1 1 124
    9 Roaming Buffalo 6 4 5 6 6 8 6 7 9 5 3 9 8 7 8 12 10 2 2 0 1 124
    10 Brownie Beater 8 6 9 9 6 5 7 8 6 7 2 9 5 5 7 10 6 3 2 2 1 123
    11 ballpeen 7 5 10 8 7 6 3 5 8 6 5 8 10 9 8 5 6 1 3 1 0 121
    12 UGOTBLITZED 8 4 8 6 7 5 6 8 9 5 3 9 6 8 5 5 10 2 4 1 1 120
    13 Betelgeuse 6 4 7 9 4 0 6 7 10 6 5 9 9 7 5 9 10 2 3 1 1 120
    14 Howie 8 8 6 7 9 3 6 8 7 8 5 12 8 8 6 8 1 2 0 0 0 120
    15 Endymion 3 10 9 6 3 6 7 7 7 8 3 7 0 9 7 10 13 1 2 0 0 118
    16 MILLERSC 8 6 5 6 7 4 8 6 9 7 2 12 3 6 4 9 11 1 2 1 0 117
    17 Elecciones Huevo-Mano 8 4 6 6 10 1 6 7 8 6 6 6 3 8 7 7 13 2 1 0 1 116
    18 The Great Zomboni 6 6 5 7 7 8 1 8 5 8 3 7 8 8 2 8 13 2 3 1 0 116
    19 Cookie 9 9 5 8 8 5 6 8 8 5 4 12 9 5 5 9 0 0 0 0 0 115
    20 Browns149 6 3 5 8 7 6 8 9 11 5 4 6 4 2 5 6 5 1 2 1 1 105
    21 DieHardBrownsFan 8 7 6 6 5 7 8 9 10 5 4 9 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 97
    22 jrb12711 10 5 5 8 4 0 8 0 8 8 3 0 7 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 72
    23 Flyin J 7 6 6 5 6 6 9 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 54
    24 MaximumJack 7 7 7 8 8 5 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50
    25 Bakers Dozen 0 5 6 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 19

    The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

    Z

    Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

    lol... I win again!

    Zombo said:

    The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

    Sweet!

    I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

  • Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

    lol... I win again!

    Zombo said:

    The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

    Sweet!

    I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

    @tour2ma said:

    Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

    Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   🙂
     

  • @tour2ma said:

    Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

    Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   🙂
     

    @mark-o said:

    Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   🙂
     

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

  • @mark-o said:

    Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   🙂
     

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

    Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   🙂

  • Zombo said:

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

    Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   🙂

    @mark-o said:

    Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   🙂

    I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

    Zombo

  • @mark-o said:

    Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   🙂

    I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

    Zombo

    Dork

  • Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

    lol... I win again!

    Zombo said:

    The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

    Sweet!

    I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

    @tour2ma said:

    Sweet!

    I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

    Oh yes all the world the world loves a winner......congratulations Tour. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   🙂

    I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan...

    ... at least for the Browns...

  • @mark-o said:

    Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   🙂
     

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

    Zombo

    I told you last year my friend, I do this every year.  I make all 17 regular season weeks picks before the first game.  That way I don't take any missed weeks, unless I miss a playoff week.  The way I do it is I pick any obvious mismatch, then just click the home team.

    As for tie breakers, I just pick the same two teams and plug in any old score I want.  I figure it isn't going to come down to that all that much anyway.

    Then as the season moves along, make any weekly adjustments you want.

    Yeah, it takes a little while.  Sometimes I spread it out over a couple of days, 15 minutes at a time.  If you just pick the home team for every game you aren't going to get 0 wins.  You are going to get at least 5-6 wins.

  • Or you could just check your email for Yahoo's reminders to make picks...

  • Or you could just check your email for Yahoo's reminders to make picks...

    @tour2ma said:

    Or you could just check your email for Yahoo's reminders to make picks...

    He doesn't forget to make picks...for some reason he signs on on Tuesday and picks just the Browns game and the Thursday night game and then figures I'll do the rest on Sunday.    What makes no sense is once you've forgotten to go back Sunday and pick the rest of the games, why wouldn't you when you went on to pick the Browns game on Tuesday, just make a quick pick of all the rest of the games to make sure you never forget them all again.   That part makes no sense to me.  

    I pick them all Tuesday morning when I go on to check the standings from the week and then adjust Sunday morning if any injuries or anything weird came up during the week. 

  • In the past I have missed a week or two, so forgetting isn't hard to do.  That is why I just do them all early, then adjust as I go.  If I forget to do that, which I have, the odds are pretty slim I am going to take a zero for the week.  Even if it is a bad week you are going to get 3-4 wines....usually 5-6, sometimes better.

  • I generally save my forgettin' for Survival...