Skip to content

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

The Browns Board
433 50 15.1k
  • i want to be clear that i wasmt singling out flugel nor really critisizing him that hard. I mean i too was nodding my head at landrys speech, its about fukking time someone did that. I got plenty of issues witj some browns players and pro athletes in general. I just see alot of shtting on these players from alot of peopke for alot of different reasons. and sometimes it feels like bordering on hatred. I dont think i need to bring up the whole anthem stuff but thats just one example.

    if somebody hates nfl players or just really loathes and contempts of pro curlers, i got no issue with that. But its weird to see people follow sport so religiously where they seemingly loathe the players. Im not accusing flugel of that btw im making a gen statement

    @clevfan4life said:

    i want to be clear that i wasmt singling out flugel nor really critisizing him that hard. I mean i too was nodding my head at landrys speech, its about fukking time someone did that. I got plenty of issues witj some browns players and pro athletes in general. I just see alot of shtting on these players from alot of peopke for alot of different reasons. and sometimes it feels like bordering on hatred. I dont think i need to bring up the whole anthem stuff but thats just one example.

    if somebody hates nfl players or just really loathes and contempts of pro curlers, i got no issue with that. But its weird to see people follow sport so religiously where they seemingly loathe the players. Im not accusing flugel of that btw im making a gen statement

    Thanks Clevs - I appreciate the clarification!   And it looks like we totally agree about the need for Landry's speech. There's definitely a lot of bottled up frustration about the WR Corps here last year that got released the day Landry was brought here to instill a new level of professionalism.  You are RIGHT that the day of the dumb professional football player is over.  I just want it to also be over in Cleveland as we try to forget 0-16 football.  That's where I'm coming from. And as we've learned, you can have all the talent in the world but if you make bad decisions off the field (drug use, credit card fraud, driving with a suspended license) it can keep you off the field college and pro.  Callaway and Gordon are about as talented as it gets but they can't help us if they're wearing blue jeans on Sundays.  Both guys got suspended throughout college and found trouble early on in Cleveland.  I like Gordon's off season for the first time of his career; but through our experience I'm reluctant to get all excited about Callaway in the sense he still can't stop breaking the law.   It would be nice if he can prove that feeling wrong but this IS Cleveland we're talking about.

    I even agree if anyone is KKK recruit material then following the NFL is a huge conflict of interest. My hope is Landry transcends the level of professionalism in a significant portion of our passing game.  It's up to his peers to get it or get out... I think most of us agree on that.

  • One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

    Actually anyone should know that.

  • Just watched it last night...

    Nassib going all Joe Pesci in Goodfellas during his enlightening financial discussion was possibly the whitest thing I've seen in a minute. "Hey, I'm the only white guy here talking to a bunch of black guys. I guess I need to say F U C K every other word so they'll take me seriously!" 😁 

    I seriously question the long term viability of Hue and Haley working together. 

    Landry is good at catching the pigskin. 

    Hue might be a mediocre head coach, but is a good guy. But man, the guy couldn't inspire a drowning man to jump on a life boat. His speeches to the team were just bad. 

    John Dorsey is the guy everyone knows, Mr. Alpha Male who asks you a question then starts talking over you three seconds later as you try to answer it. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just watched it last night...

    Nassib going all Joe Pesci in Goodfellas during his enlightening financial discussion was possibly the whitest thing I've seen in a minute. "Hey, I'm the only white guy here talking to a bunch of black guys. I guess I need to say F U C K every other word so they'll take me seriously!" 😁 

    ????

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i want to be clear that i wasmt singling out flugel nor really critisizing him that hard. I mean i too was nodding my head at landrys speech, its about fukking time someone did that. I got plenty of issues witj some browns players and pro athletes in general. I just see alot of shtting on these players from alot of peopke for alot of different reasons. and sometimes it feels like bordering on hatred. I dont think i need to bring up the whole anthem stuff but thats just one example.

    if somebody hates nfl players or just really loathes and contempts of pro curlers, i got no issue with that. But its weird to see people follow sport so religiously where they seemingly loathe the players. Im not accusing flugel of that btw im making a gen statement

    It needed to be said. I think it was directed at Coleman for sure, and maybe a couple of the other guys. Coleman did slack off with Britt. He was always injured. That makes me wonder when Landry said someone was on the sidelines when they weren't injured and that it made other people work harder. Maybe Coleman was just toxic, but the team seems better off without him. Didn't even the coaches yell at coleman during hard knocks for not giving effort on a play? If I remember correctly they did.

    We've got a great group, and I feel really bad about Hue losing his mother and his brother. Hopefully we gel together and start to sync greatly. I just hope Hue can be tougher on our guys, because he seems too laid back, and the players don't seem very scared of him. Bill B doesn't get very angry at times, but if someone doesn't put in effort, or crosses him, they're instantly gone. I'd like to see Hue act more like that instead of just Dorsey doing it. Because Dorsey is aggressive, we no longer have Coleman. But I can guarantee, another WR wants "it" more than Coleman, who Ghoolie was right about.

    @stillmotion said:

    It needed to be said. I think it was directed at Coleman for sure, and maybe a couple of the other guys. Coleman did slack off with Britt. He was always injured. That makes me wonder when Landry said someone was on the sidelines when they weren't injured and that it made other people work harder. Maybe Coleman was just toxic, but the team seems better off without him. Didn't even the coaches yell at coleman during hard knocks for not giving effort on a play? If I remember correctly they did.

    We've got a great group, and I feel really bad about Hue losing his mother and his brother. Hopefully we gel together and start to sync greatly. I just hope Hue can be tougher on our guys, because he seems too laid back, and the players don't seem very scared of him. Bill B doesn't get very angry at times, but if someone doesn't put in effort, or crosses him, they're instantly gone. I'd like to see Hue act more like that instead of just Dorsey doing it. Because Dorsey is aggressive, we no longer have Coleman. But I can guarantee, another WR wants "it" more than Coleman, who Ghoolie was right about.

    Good post Stills!  Cancer not only spreads quickly but it can return and/or spread even quicker.  When we see what Landry brings - we see everything that's been missing from our WR Group throughout 0-16. That can spread quickly too if we have the right guys here.  There was an article in www.clevelandbrowns.com that said Higgins responded well enough to the wake up call of getting cut to warrant the reasons for cutting him for part of last season.  If memory serves me right, he had a big day for us not too long after he got another chance. In part time duty last Thursday, he not only had 4 rec for 66 yards but #81 had a real nice solo tackle covering the kickoff in the first quarter. 

    Hue has 2 Coordinators and a credible Vet like Landry that are willing to cuss like a Pittsburgh Trailer Park as Bad Cops if/when necessary.  Hue gets to be the Good Cop.  He can fanny pat the Jimmys and Joes while the Coordinators handle the Xs and Os.

  • One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

    Actually anyone should know that.

    @texasag1969 said:

    One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

    Actually anyone should know that.

    ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

    Actually anyone should know that.

    ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

    @syd said:

    ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

    If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.?

  • @syd said:

    ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

    If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.?

    Sheet, I'm waking up at that time.

  • One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

    Actually anyone should know that.

    @texasag1969 said:

    WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning?

    .....apparently that's his lifestyle......when he's on his own.  I fear that he's just more trouble, waiting to happen.

  • wasnt he driving up frpm somewhere with someone elses car? (allegedly wink wink)

  • @syd said:

    ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

    If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.?

    How can you cut in front of a car pulling out of a gas station at 3am in Strongsville? 

    And what was with the posse of suvs going by? Looked like the fbi was raiding someone. 

  • Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

    You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. ?

  • Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

    You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

    You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. ?

    Bless ya'!?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Tyrod might be the starter for 2-3 years if he keeps healthy. 

    lmao.....there is ZERO chance of this happening if baker is healthy.

    Baker  might completely suck,  but he;s the # overall pick.  He is the starter next year regardless of what TT does, probably sooner

    @tacosman said:

    lmao.....there is ZERO chance of this happening if baker is healthy.

    Baker  might completely suck,  but he;s the # overall pick.  He is the starter next year regardless of what TT does, probably sooner

    And that would be Shmucking dumb. Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the first round. He wasnt the first overall but still a first round pick. He sat behind Brett. Sure, force Mayfield into the lineup so he can get ruined like all the other qbs that have gone through that revolving door in Cleveland. They signed a starter like tyrod for a reason. 

  • https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2018/08/13/hue-jackson-browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

    So for the weed citation...callaway had to play nearly every snap...instead of benching...

    Interestings strategy

  • https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2018/08/13/hue-jackson-browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

    So for the weed citation...callaway had to play nearly every snap...instead of benching...

    Interestings strategy

    @kvoethe said:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2018/08/13/hue-jackson-browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

    So for the weed citation...callaway had to play nearly every snap...instead of benching...

    Interestings strategy

    A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

  • Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

    You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

    You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. ?

    That’s what made his taunting penalty so puzzling. Who gets a taunting penalty for blessing someone?

  • @kvoethe said:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2018/08/13/hue-jackson-browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

    So for the weed citation...callaway had to play nearly every snap...instead of benching...

    Interestings strategy

    A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

    @vagitron said:

    A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

    It's the George Costanza coaching method. When your way never works, do the opposite. Hire that man.........................oh wait...................we did!!?

  • @vagitron said:

    A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

    It's the George Costanza coaching method. When your way never works, do the opposite. Hire that man.........................oh wait...................we did!!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's the George Costanza coaching method. When your way never works, do the opposite. Hire that man.........................oh wait...................we did!!?

    Indeed. Hard knocks is showing just how bad he is and I think everyone needs to wonder how long transpires before he's dumped for one of the other two. Listen to pat McAfee on his recent podcast. He rips hue apart.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It's the George Costanza coaching method. When your way never works, do the opposite. Hire that man.........................oh wait...................we did!!?

    Indeed. Hard knocks is showing just how bad he is and I think everyone needs to wonder how long transpires before he's dumped for one of the other two. Listen to pat McAfee on his recent podcast. He rips hue apart.

    @vagitron said:

    Indeed. Hard knocks is showing just how bad he is and I think everyone needs to wonder how long transpires before he's dumped for one of the other two. Listen to pat McAfee on his recent podcast. He rips hue apart.

    Why do we care about Pat McAfeeWhy do we care about Pat McAfee

  • @vagitron said:

    Indeed. Hard knocks is showing just how bad he is and I think everyone needs to wonder how long transpires before he's dumped for one of the other two. Listen to pat McAfee on his recent podcast. He rips hue apart.

    Why do we care about Pat McAfeeWhy do we care about Pat McAfee

    @the-gipper said:

    Why do we care about Pat McAfeeWhy do we care about Pat McAfee

    You don't need to care. However he was a professional and the consensus opinion on the Browns camp via hard knocks is the same as his opinion. Hue Jackson is proving to be a bit of a out of touch clown and as a result the team may be headed for another rough season.