Skip to content

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

The Browns Board
433 50 15.1k
  • Haley Did Not like the soft practises and questioned hue 

    @lbc-mike said:

    Haley Did Not like the soft practises and questioned hue 

    That scene stuck out to me too. Like they are setting up a sub plot with friction between the OC and the guy that used to be the OC. 

  • I think my main takeaways from the episode were as follows.

    Christian can lay it down on the kit.

    Jarvis is a cyborg sent from the future to catch footballs.

    Carl is funny.

    There should be a Hard Knocks drinking game where everyone drinks when someone says “shìt”.

    And l was really hoping to see something from Hue Jackson that made me feel ok about him coaching my favorite team, but l didn’t. Which feels awful to say with what he endured for that episode.

    And Tyrod sounds like #8 in this clip.

  • Every bit as good as I hoped for......

    Any questions on why Coleman was traded for a box of Tic Tacs was answered thoroughly by Landry. 

    Hue needs to be less of a players coach.

    Hue is a good man and a tough dude...... a laughing stock and butt of most NFL jokes as a 1-31/0-16 coach, then loses a brother and mom within days of each other..... all with the cameras watching and he doesn't miss a beat.

    Can't wait for next Tuesday..... 

  • @jcam222 said:

    Try the online streaming but use a VPN that makes it look like you are in the US. 

    @tour2ma said:

    If you have this, then you have HBO Go and should be able to stream it as soon as an episode has aired.

    image.thumb.png.d01862a22e6dee792e2ff1c6dfa658fd.png

    I guess, not? Even if I changed my VPN so it looked like I'm in da USA, certainly Spain is not part of the US neither part of any US territories (thank God 😉). 

    @nero said:

    image.thumb.png.d01862a22e6dee792e2ff1c6dfa658fd.png

    I guess, not? Even if I changed my VPN so it looked like I'm in da USA, certainly Spain is not part of the US neither part of any US territories (thank God 😉). 

    I live in Japan and can watch HBO with a DNS service.  I use Unlocator and it works for Amazon Prime, US Hulu and a bunch of networks including HBO.  Check it out.

  • Makes you feel for Hue. Tough guy for going through all of that and keep going

    Gregg Williams is great as always

    Tyrod to Jarvis will be a fantastic connection

    Not enough Jabrill....  🙂 

  • I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

  • Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

  • I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    @poeticg said:

    I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    Two guys stood out when it came to being sensitive about Hue's losses. Our GM took it upon himself to make sure Hue was ok and organized others to help. And Josh Gordon came out of his own self imposed world to send a message of both condolence and encouragement that he would return ASAP. People back in the drug life normally do not do that. JG shows some insight about how important he is for Hue's future with this team. Lets all hope it's not JM kind of BS and that he does indeed come back soon and ready to go full speed. 

    I do know one thing. He won't get away with any crap with Jarvis around. JL will be his biggest booster/supporter, but start f'n around and he will be stink on sheet. That guy is a real Browns old time football player with a ton of talent. Even the rest of his teammates both side of the ball recognize a real "star" who will lead this team with his play much like Jerry Rice used to do. Those guys don't impress easily, but they were IMPRESSED! So was I!!!!

  • TV-MA|58 MIN|2018|HD
    Adult Language
    Enthusiasm is building for the 2018 Cleveland Browns. As training camp begins, all eyes are on QB Baker Mayfield, the NFL's number one overall draft pick and future of the franchise. General manager John Dorsey and head coach Hue Jackson welcome a new batch of veteran acquisitions, including former Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl QB Tyrod Taylor and outspoken receiver Jarvis Landry, who led the NFL in catches with the Miami Dolphins last season. Evaluations begin as 90 players vie for 53 coveted spots on the starting roster.
    TELEVISION 
    SEE LESS
    • Tue, Aug 7   10:00 pm ETHBO
    • Tue, Aug 710:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
    • Wed, Aug 8    2:00 am ETHBO2
    • Wed, Aug 8    6:30 pm ETHBO
    • Wed, Aug 86:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
    • Wed, Aug 8    8:30 pm ETHBO2
    • Thu, Aug 9     1:00 am ETHBO
    • Thu, Aug 91:35 am ETHBO LATINO
    • Thu, Aug 9     12:30 pm ETHBO
    • Thu, Aug 912:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
    ON DEMAND
    Available Wed, Aug 8
    STREAMING
    Available Tue, Aug 7 at 10:00pm ET on HBO GO and HBO NOW

    @mjp28 said:

    TV-MA|58 MIN|2018|HD
    Adult Language
    Enthusiasm is building for the 2018 Cleveland Browns. As training camp begins, all eyes are on QB Baker Mayfield, the NFL's number one overall draft pick and future of the franchise. General manager John Dorsey and head coach Hue Jackson welcome a new batch of veteran acquisitions, including former Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl QB Tyrod Taylor and outspoken receiver Jarvis Landry, who led the NFL in catches with the Miami Dolphins last season. Evaluations begin as 90 players vie for 53 coveted spots on the starting roster.
    TELEVISION 
    SEE LESS
    • Tue, Aug 7   10:00 pm ETHBO
    • Tue, Aug 710:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
    •  
    • Wed, Aug 8    2:00 am ETHBO2
    • Wed, Aug 8    6:30 pm ETHBO
    • Wed, Aug 86:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
    • Wed, Aug 8    8:30 pm ETHBO2
    •  
    • Thu, Aug 9     1:00 am ETHBO
    • Thu, Aug 91:35 am ETHBO LATINO
    • Thu, Aug 9     12:30 pm ETHBO
    • Thu, Aug 912:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
    ON DEMAND
    Available Wed, Aug 8
    STREAMING
    Available Tue, Aug 7 at 10:00pm ET on HBO GO and HBO NOW

    For those of us who couldn't get enough BROWNS Hard Stuff.....

  • And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

  • I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    @poeticg said:

    I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    My steeler board posted about hue and his family last week. I was surprised to not see a thread here but didn't want to be the one to start one either.

  • There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

  • After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

    You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

    Hue the man is a good dude - Hue the head coach is in way over his head. 

  • Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

    @kvoethe said:

    Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

    Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

    I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

  • Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    @alporcini said:

    Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

  • boback having to fluff drew's pillows

  • And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

    I have HBO Now.....but could not get the program live.    Not sure why.  Maybe I can get it on rerun (on demand?).....

    I could get a bunch of features on something called Browns Desktop (or the like)....but they were not the Hard Knocks program.

  • @alporcini said:

    Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

    @mddawg said:

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

    I hear ya

    I was recording and watched it live

    My wife got home about twenty minutes after it ended. We sat down, watched it again. 

    Kept marveling at Landry and couldn’t stop thinking Paul Warfield. 

    Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport. 

    I liked how Baker came off throughout 

  • There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    @lbc-mike said:

    There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

    @vagitron said:

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

    Well, I don't know that they believe they have reason to cry......but the world weeps at the collective stupidity they demonstrate.   But then you probably know that because you have been told that so many times.  On the other hand, if you claim not to know that.......that just proves our point.