Skip to content

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

The Browns Board
433 50 15.1k
  • And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

  • I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    @poeticg said:

    I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

    Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

    Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

    QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

    Kirksey on the drums was dope.

    Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

    Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

    Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

    My steeler board posted about hue and his family last week. I was surprised to not see a thread here but didn't want to be the one to start one either.

  • There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

  • After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

    You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

    Hue the man is a good dude - Hue the head coach is in way over his head. 

  • Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

    @kvoethe said:

    Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

    Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

    I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

  • Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    @alporcini said:

    Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

  • boback having to fluff drew's pillows

  • And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

    I have HBO Now.....but could not get the program live.    Not sure why.  Maybe I can get it on rerun (on demand?).....

    I could get a bunch of features on something called Browns Desktop (or the like)....but they were not the Hard Knocks program.

  • @alporcini said:

    Carl is a good guy!

    Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

    Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

    I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

    Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

    This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

    @mddawg said:

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

    I hear ya

    I was recording and watched it live

    My wife got home about twenty minutes after it ended. We sat down, watched it again. 

    Kept marveling at Landry and couldn’t stop thinking Paul Warfield. 

    Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport. 

    I liked how Baker came off throughout 

  • There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    @lbc-mike said:

    There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

    No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

    @vagitron said:

    Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

    Well, I don't know that they believe they have reason to cry......but the world weeps at the collective stupidity they demonstrate.   But then you probably know that because you have been told that so many times.  On the other hand, if you claim not to know that.......that just proves our point.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

    Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

    I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

    @flugel said:

    Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

    I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

    Yup Tom- we finally have a guy who can catch the freaking ball, and is a born leader off the field. Now if Gordon comes back, we're going to be OK at WR. After seeing that episode, Callaway may have bought a ticket out of town.   

  • So the "Hue being too easy on the players thing" isn't just me, or some of us here, but I've also seen many mentions of it on social media and various 'news' sites this morning as well. 

    However, Landry's tirade along with Haley's questioning of the culture out loud - and in front of the whole staff, may be exactly what was needed. I'm guessing before last night's show, there were probably 50-75 dudes on the team that never even heard about Landry's rant, much less knew its context...... but now they sure phucking do.

    All these dudes either watched last night or have social media, or both, and they now know that some of them are considered 'soft' by their teammate(s), coaches and now the public. That can only be a good thing, as who the hell wants to come off as a pu$$y?

    ....... maybe that was Hue's genius plan all along? 

  • @mddawg said:

    Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

    I hear ya

    I was recording and watched it live

    My wife got home about twenty minutes after it ended. We sat down, watched it again. 

    Kept marveling at Landry and couldn’t stop thinking Paul Warfield. 

    Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport. 

    I liked how Baker came off throughout 

    @alporcini said:

    Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport.

    Yeah everyone knew Mayfield but Chubb was explaining what he did every step and some probably still think he was just a football player still @ Georgia since he never really elaborated until cornered. Fine with me. Let the play do the talking!

  • Just watched the 1st episode on HBO Go.  One player who really impressed me was Jarvis Landry.  I loved his speech to the other receivers.  We need everyone with his attitude.

  • so nassib is being featured? why?

  • Finally, I got to watch it after surfing for a while (420p but I'll take it). It was an entertaining episode, but apart from Landry being a blessing to the team, I sensed that not much action was going. 

    I know that they have limited contact training and they had to focus on Hue's family plotline, but I want to see some fights, some fire. There are 90 players in the roster, only 53 staying by the end of the month, on a 1-31 team. That should push each one to their limit. 

    Good to hear about Josh Gordon. 

    Funny thing: Mayfield starts the episode introducing the RV and saying that ''in other teams rookies get the drinks to the vets and all that... Not here''. 30 minutes later on the episode, 4th string rookie Quaterback is buying and filling the snacks for the rest of the QBs, lol. 

  • After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

    You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

    Hue the man is a good dude - Hue the head coach is in way over his head. 

    @d-bone said:

    After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

    You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

    Hue the man is a good dude - Hue the head coach is in way over his head. 

    I felt exactly the same. I never like when someone uses as the argument ''I was in your position, and thought the same. But if you were in my position, you'd do as I''. 

    Maybe I didn't fully understand, but they were talking about making the injured players (or players with the risk of getting an injury) at least dress up for practice, right? They have to work on the work ethic and mentality. Even with the new additions, this team needs to play to its best to get a W. They're not earning one playing worse than the team in front of them, as some great teams do. 

  • I though Hue and the OC were going to get into an argument, but the OC let up.

  • hue said if I am not mistaken that only the final 53 will earn their stripes,,,,,so on thursrday night are we going to be playing in just orange helmets ?