Cory Coleman Traded
-
Zombo said:
Gordon will be back. Higgins can do what Coleman could do as a fourth. Calloway will do better than Coleman. I feel zero disappointment today.
Z
I'm usually right there with you Zombo. But "such-and-such isn't needed because we have Rashard Higgins" just sounds like the call of the deluded.
I was in favour of making a veteran add at WR before Coleman was dealt. Now it strikes me as necessary.
I'm usually right there with you Zombo. But "such-and-such isn't needed because we have Rashard Higgins" just sounds like the call of the deluded.
I was in favour of making a veteran add at WR before Coleman was dealt. Now it strikes me as necessary.
It's not about how great Rashard Higgins is, it is about how useless Corey Coleman was. We are talking about 4th receivers here.
Zombo
-
I'm usually right there with you Zombo. But "such-and-such isn't needed because we have Rashard Higgins" just sounds like the call of the deluded.
I was in favour of making a veteran add at WR before Coleman was dealt. Now it strikes me as necessary.
It's not about how great Rashard Higgins is, it is about how useless Corey Coleman was. We are talking about 4th receivers here.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's not about how great Rashard Higgins is, it is about how useless Corey Coleman was. We are talking about 4th receivers here.
Zombo
Well when your second and third receivers are a fourth round pick rookie and a guy who isn't even practising with the team, the fourth WR looks a lot more important.
I certainly want things to work out with Gordon and Calloway, but I either have too much evidence or too little respectively to share your confidence.
-
After Coleman's first season, he was the most productive of the top receivers in his draft class. (not saying much, they all got hurt worse than him)
I won't miss him. When he dropped that 4th down pass against the Steelers that cost us what could've been our only win, I was done with him. He's useless.
Haley obviously didn't like him. Glad he's gone. Sad that we couldn't get anything for him....but he was gonna be cut anyway. Good Riddance.
- Sahshi and his bunch were quite the talent evaluators -
-
After Coleman's first season, he was the most productive of the top receivers in his draft class. (not saying much, they all got hurt worse than him)
I won't miss him. When he dropped that 4th down pass against the Steelers that cost us what could've been our only win, I was done with him. He's useless.
Haley obviously didn't like him. Glad he's gone. Sad that we couldn't get anything for him....but he was gonna be cut anyway. Good Riddance.
- Sahshi and his bunch were quite the talent evaluators -
After Coleman's first season, he was the most productive of the top receivers in his draft class. (not saying much, they all got hurt worse than him)
I won't miss him. When he dropped that 4th down pass against the Steelers that cost us what could've been our only win, I was done with him. He's useless.
Haley obviously didn't like him. Glad he's gone. Sad that we couldn't get anything for him....but he was gonna be cut anyway. Good Riddance.
- Sahshi and his bunch were quite the talent evaluators -
Agree.
In hindsight, we passed on Carson Wentz for Corey Coleman.
-
This is a head scratcher..
On one hand, Coleman hasnt lived up to expectations,
on the other hand, he is still young and has shown potential.
With this uncertainty of JG, it's peculiar they deal Coleman.
If I am Dorsey, I can make this trade after I find out about JG.
Why not play CC in a few preseason games and THEN trade him once JG comes back. (Assuming IF he does, which we all hope for)
Could of gotten way more than some conditional pick.. Would of been nice to have added an OL or something..
I do agree the timing was odd- or did Dorsey, and maybe Haley want him gone in the worst way? Could be they're seeing so much more in Callaway they deemed Coleman totally expendable. With that trade, we do wipe $3.5 million off the cap- not that it matters....
But regarding Gordon, the Browns must think it's near certain Josh is coming back...
I do agree the timing was odd- or did Dorsey, and maybe Haley want him gone in the worst way? Could be they're seeing so much more in Callaway they deemed Coleman totally expendable. With that trade, we do wipe $3.5 million off the cap- not that it matters....
But regarding Gordon, the Browns must think it's near certain Josh is coming back...
Or...maybe that deal with Dez is not dead? Or someone else?
-
This could partly be it. Of course, in 99% of the cases, the guys dumped deserved to be, and never really produced much elsewhere. About the only guy I can think of is Dion Lewis....who went from here to New England. And maybe much of his success had to do with the fact that they had Tom Brady throwing to him.
Can anyone name any other Browns player who was let go/traded because the Browns thought they were not productive, but who went elsewhere and did quite well?
David Patten, Sheard
David Patten, Sheard
Patten? I doubt it, not sure. Sheard? No. He was OK...but he just was a hanger on in NE. He did NOT play any better there than here. And BB thought so highly of him that he just dumped him.
-
This could partly be it. Of course, in 99% of the cases, the guys dumped deserved to be, and never really produced much elsewhere. About the only guy I can think of is Dion Lewis....who went from here to New England. And maybe much of his success had to do with the fact that they had Tom Brady throwing to him.
Can anyone name any other Browns player who was let go/traded because the Browns thought they were not productive, but who went elsewhere and did quite well?
IIRC Dion Lewis was injured in camp and was released because of injury. Taylor Gabriel also did pretty well with Atlanta.
-
I'm usually right there with you Zombo. But "such-and-such isn't needed because we have Rashard Higgins" just sounds like the call of the deluded.
I was in favour of making a veteran add at WR before Coleman was dealt. Now it strikes me as necessary.
It's not about how great Rashard Higgins is, it is about how useless Corey Coleman was. We are talking about 4th receivers here.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's not about how great Rashard Higgins is, it is about how useless Corey Coleman was. We are talking about 4th receivers here.
Zombo
Or, as I pointed out....are we talking about the 7th or 8th receiver? I can only surmise that at this point Dorsey/Haley/Hue must have come to the conclusion that Landry....Gordon...Higgins....Calloway....Ratley...Janis...all had more to offer than Coleman did....and maybe even a couple of others on the roster. Or maybe some guy they may yet still grab.
-
List of guys still out there on the street apparently who could be signed:
ide Receiver Receiving Rushing Fumb. Returns Player G Rec Trg Yds 100+ TD Rush Yds TD 100+ Fmbl KYds KTD PTD Jared Abbrederis 7 3 7 44 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Arrelious Benn 9 1 2 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Quan Bray 9 3 4 39 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 430 0 0 Dez Bryant 16 69 132 838 0 6 1 -4 0 0 1 0 0 0 Brandon Coleman 16 23 37 364 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 Ed Eagan 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Cobi Hamilton 3 1 6 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Matt Hazel 4 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Dontrelle Inman 12 25 44 343 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Brandon LaFell 16 52 89 548 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Jeremy Maclin 12 40 72 440 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Chris Matthews 6 3 6 25 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Larry Pinkard 4 1 1 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Darius Powe 1 2 4 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Jaelen Strong 2 3 4 38 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Eric Weems 16 1 2 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 18 0 -
After Coleman's first season, he was the most productive of the top receivers in his draft class. (not saying much, they all got hurt worse than him)
I won't miss him. When he dropped that 4th down pass against the Steelers that cost us what could've been our only win, I was done with him. He's useless.
Haley obviously didn't like him. Glad he's gone. Sad that we couldn't get anything for him....but he was gonna be cut anyway. Good Riddance.
- Sahshi and his bunch were quite the talent evaluators -
Agree.
In hindsight, we passed on Carson Wentz for Corey Coleman.
Agree.
In hindsight, we passed on Carson Wentz for Corey Coleman.
the lasting legacy of sashi brown's tenure here won't be the extra couple of picks he got for trading down but what he did with the picks he used....
peppers and coleman as first round picks is a bad nightmare.
as for what we ended up getting at qb, there isnt a single gm that would consider trading the guy who finished 3rd in last years mvp vote for a 6' big 12 qb with a so so arm and so so athleticism.
-
Maybe we could be singing: Rock Me Abbredaris?
Or maybe we can Mark us some Aurelius?
Or maybe we can have the Lion Sleep tonight with a Weems awept a Weems awept a Weems awept.
Or, maybe we can get a new WR that can just LaFell into place?
Or, maybe we can have Captain Kirk Bray: QUAN!!!!
Or, maybe we can get Gene Hackman to play Eddie Eagan under the pseudonym "Popeye Doyle"
Or, maybe we can have the Pendulum swing into the Pit and we can sign Powe.
I think I have done enough damage here. Someone else can take over.
-
Agree.
In hindsight, we passed on Carson Wentz for Corey Coleman.
the lasting legacy of sashi brown's tenure here won't be the extra couple of picks he got for trading down but what he did with the picks he used....
peppers and coleman as first round picks is a bad nightmare.
as for what we ended up getting at qb, there isnt a single gm that would consider trading the guy who finished 3rd in last years mvp vote for a 6' big 12 qb with a so so arm and so so athleticism.
-
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport
Worth noting: Malcolm Mitchell — who battled a knee injury — was waived healthy. That means he passed his final physical in New England
Bring him in for a visit...test his knee
-
Dorsey ain't F'n around.
Likely means they're impressed with Higgins and Callaway, and that Gordon is coming back soon
Yep.
I heard Calloway supplanted him with the Ones on the depth chart at the X spot today and Coleman appeared angry.
Dorsey called Buffalo and said "still interested?'
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yep.
I heard Calloway supplanted him with the Ones on the depth chart at the X spot today and Coleman appeared angry.
Dorsey called Buffalo and said "still interested?'
Zombo
Know the golf balls that explode when hit?
I imagine Coleman's hands will do the same when he attempts to catch Josh Allen's passes.
-
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport
Worth noting: Malcolm Mitchell — who battled a knee injury — was waived healthy. That means he passed his final physical in New England
Bring him in for a visit...test his knee
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport
Worth noting: Malcolm Mitchell — who battled a knee injury — was waived healthy. That means he passed his final physical in New England
Even Kenny Britt could make the Pats WR roster by default..Pats have lost WR's Jordan Matthews & M.Mitchell..Pats added Eric Decker but when has he ever finished a season? take a chit,Bill
-
Again, Gabriel left because of Free Agency....not because the Browns dumped him. Lewis may be one though that fits the bill.
Gabriel was released by the Browns.
-
Zombo said:
Yep.
I heard Calloway supplanted him with the Ones on the depth chart at the X spot today and Coleman appeared angry.
Dorsey called Buffalo and said "still interested?'
Zombo
Know the golf balls that explode when hit?
I imagine Coleman's hands will do the same when he attempts to catch Josh Allen's passes.
Know the golf balls that explode when hit?
I imagine Coleman's hands will do the same when he attempts to catch Josh Allen's passes.
That’s assuming Josh Allen can throw him a ball that will actually hit him on the hands.
-
Know the golf balls that explode when hit?
I imagine Coleman's hands will do the same when he attempts to catch Josh Allen's passes.
That’s assuming Josh Allen can throw him a ball that will actually hit him on the hands.
That’s assuming Josh Allen can throw him a ball that will actually hit him on the hands.
That my friend is a huge assumption.
-
A huge reason Stosh sucked and is gonesville!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

