Skip to content

IT'S GAME DAY!!

The Browns Board
141 40 6.2k
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I've always put absolutely zero stock in preseason wins and losses (as last year proved out) but I enjoy the games. First time to see the new players together. First time to see the rookies in action. Vanilla schemes, "winning" is getting out of the game relatively injury free, here is what I'll look for:

    1. Leftside of our offensive line. How is Bito looking as a LT, how is Corbett fitting in?

    2. Baker Mayfield. First time to see our future franchise QB under the lights. I think we all have learned to curb our enthusiasm since Tim Couch's debut against the Cowboys in 99, as each succeeding rookie QB has become an even bigger disappointment. If this is the guy to break the streak, then I don't wanna miss a snap.

    3. Garrett/Ogbah. I'd love to see these two healthy and together in a quarter against the Giants 1's and see what kind of pressure they can produce.

    4. Nick Chubb. Running back is the one position that the average fan can tell right away if someone "has it", one crackling 16 yard gain over the right side and I'll be happy.

    5. Defensive backfield. What's going on back there? Who's starting? Why? Who's shining? How many are we going to field at a time (Some teams are playing a 3-1-7)? Not a lot of press coverage on this overhauled group so far, so I guess I want to see it for myself. 

    Bonus: New kickoff rule ... Do we need three guys that can catch the ball back there now? Wanna see how this is going to work out.

    Zombo

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #22

    just a pic of the locker room in n.y and yes there are no stripes on the helmets 

    so blow me who ever snickered at my post about no stripes for you

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #23

    can't be the only one here...so, i lost mom to her long hard battle with leukemia back in march 2012..add a brother,no wonder Hue has this lost blank look on his face with media at camp..Frankly, I don't care if your with the 1's,2's,3's nor 4's, but at least play your a$$ off & hand a game ball to your head coach before he's going back home ?...lord knows, he's earned at least your best effort..

    pinch me..hot damm it's ? season.. bless'em 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #24

    It’s about time...FOOTBALL SEASON IS UPON US!

    Time to defend our preseason title. GO BROWNS!

    ED201F31-A59E-43D7-931B-5F6F9D96174A.png

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #25

    When they get good,  have to show up at 9am to 930 or might not get a seat. 

    Most of the place is buzzed by 10am kickoff.  

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I am excited as hell while being thoroughly prepared to be pissed or depressed about something by halftime LOL. The manic life of a Browns fan 

  • I am excited as hell while being thoroughly prepared to be pissed or depressed about something by halftime LOL. The manic life of a Browns fan 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @jcam222 said:

    I am excited as hell while being thoroughly prepared to be pissed or depressed about something by halftime LOL. The manic life of a Browns fan 

    Same exact thing here! 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I’m just gonna call it though. Baker Mayfield is going to light it up tonight on a national stage. The shits going to be electrifying. 

  • I’m just gonna call it though. Baker Mayfield is going to light it up tonight on a national stage. The shits going to be electrifying. 

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @jcam222 said:

    I’m just gonna call it though. Baker Mayfield is going to light it up tonight on a national stage. The shits going to be electrifying. 

    He is getting about two quarters.

    Saquan Barkley starts. Time to see actual on field play from much ballyhooed 2018 draft.

    Z

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Love the no stripe helmet look.... yea, I said it. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Here we go!!

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Good hit kid......... but you gotta be smarter than that. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Dumb penalty, but Ward looks legit. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #34

    Ward misses tackle on Barkley and then gets a dumb penalty, seems about right.

    Two taunting penalties, yep same Browns discipline

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    It's pre-season.  Get it all out now.  

  • It's pre-season.  Get it all out now.  

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's pre-season.  Get it all out now.  

    Yep.... lot's of pent up frustration and respect wanted 

  • F FALCON7 wrote on last edited by FALCON7
    #37

    NFL Network blacked out in Dayton Ohio! WTF?

    Not even on the (F)ucking radio!

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    I dont mind the penalties at this point, this team needs to play with more attitude.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Good pursuit by the rookie.  

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #40

    I’ll do my Ric Flair impersonation. . .WHOOOOOOOOO!