Skip to content

IT'S GAME DAY!!

The Browns Board
141 40 6.2k
  • Time for the Browns to show us something worth watching as the new season gets going. Forget about 1-31 and show us what real football looks like. 

    KO 7pm Eastern  6pm Central   NFL Network Direct TV Ch. 212.

    Go Browns!!

  • 4pm here.  Leaving work early

  • Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

    For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

    BobPound!

  • Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

    For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

    BobPound!

    @bobpound said:

    Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

    For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

    BobPound!

    I dont see how losing them is bad.  We won all 4 prior to a 0fer season.

    Lose them all...change the culture!!

  • @bobpound said:

    Will anyone be discouraged if we lose all 4 Pre-Season games?

    For me I will be looking at the score up till the 1st team leaves the field. If we are winning then or have very good numbers, I will be very happy.. But I know how the press is and if we go 0-4 in the pre-season it will be all "HERE WE GO AGAIN"...

    BobPound!

    I dont see how losing them is bad.  We won all 4 prior to a 0fer season.

    Lose them all...change the culture!!

    @kvoethe said:

    I dont see how losing them is bad.  We won all 4 prior to a 0fer season.

    Lose them all...change the culture!!

    Honestly, winning/losing any one than the 3rd game doesn't show too much. However, I tend to believe it's not a good sign to win em all because it often means the team is playing their 1's/2's against another team's 3rd/4th string. Great teams play their established starters very sparingly, as we know.

  • Man I hope they simply pass my eye test early on in the game...... after that, I hope to see some glimpses of what a few players might be.  

  • I think I will only see the highlights of preseason games for 2 reasons:

    1. I won't be able to watch them (travels, and stuff), or I don't want to lose any sleep (very late night game time).

    2. I prefer to not get ANY enthusiasm. I was pumped up last season after 4-0 in preseason and it went downhill from then on.

  • Out of work at 330, which gives me 20 min to get to the bar,  order some wings,  and get ready for kickoff. 

  • Out of work at 330, which gives me 20 min to get to the bar,  order some wings,  and get ready for kickoff. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Out of work at 330, which gives me 20 min to get to the bar,  order some wings,  and get ready for kickoff. 

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

  • YES ! GAME DAY !

    I'm pickin more lbs of blackberries, going to start making some jam, pancake syrup, try fruit rollups...

    and make some green tomato/Jimmy Dean sage sausage/sweet banana pepper "sloppy joe".

    Or...maybe....I'll just make several BLT's for the game. I'm fine with losing every preseason game if that is what happens...

    because the NFL won't know what hit em when the regular season starts.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Out of work at 330, which gives me 20 min to get to the bar,  order some wings,  and get ready for kickoff. 

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    pre game on at 3

  • sydS syd

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    pre game on at 3

    @syd said:

    pre game on at 3

    Eastern...or pacific?

  • @syd said:

    pre game on at 3

    Eastern...or pacific?

    @the-gipper said:

    Eastern...or pacific?

    c'mon man this ain't the super bowl PCT

  • YES ! GAME DAY !

    I'm pickin more lbs of blackberries, going to start making some jam, pancake syrup, try fruit rollups...

    and make some green tomato/Jimmy Dean sage sausage/sweet banana pepper "sloppy joe".

    Or...maybe....I'll just make several BLT's for the game. I'm fine with losing every preseason game if that is what happens...

    because the NFL won't know what hit em when the regular season starts.

    @calfoxwc said:

    YES ! GAME DAY !

    I'm pickin more lbs of blackberries, going to start making some jam...........................

    Ok I'm sold. I'm gonna have you pack me up a couple of jars of that and send me a bill with if including the postage. Send me a PM when you have some for me. I can't pass that up cal. I love blackberry jam. ?Have to play extra racquetball to indulge in it.?

  • I'll be watching on NFL network, but I live here in philly, and my girlfriend is a big Eagles fan, and they play the Steelers tonight, so I guess its going to be a flip flop back and forth for both games. I'll wear my throwback white #57 Clay Matthews jersey.

  • so baker will be playing behind the 2nd team o-line

    I hope he does not get killed back there

  • sydS syd

    @the-gipper said:

    Eastern...or pacific?

    c'mon man this ain't the super bowl PCT

    @syd said:

    c'mon man this ain't the super bowl PCT

    Can you be more pacific?

  • @syd said:

    c'mon man this ain't the super bowl PCT

    Can you be more pacific?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Can you be more pacific?

    ?

  • @sd_tom said:

    Out of work at 330, which gives me 20 min to get to the bar,  order some wings,  and get ready for kickoff. 

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    Yep.  West coast time is the best. 🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Oh, right...you are in San Diego.   7 eastern =  4 pacific

    Yep.  West coast time is the best. 🙂

    @sd_tom said:

    Yep.  West coast time is the best. 🙂

    except sometimes 10 a.m shows up a little to soon