Honest thoughts
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
You know PoG came in his pants... ?
-
Offense
- Interior Oline didn't look good trying to win leverage, move the line or at least turn their assignment to create a lane. Part of that is due to the fact you're going up against the NFL's best Nose. I would like too see a few zone/stretch runs sprinkled in sometime this pre-season. I'd also like to see a few solid attempts at some creativity in opening lanes like the occasional trap/wham. We'll see how this pre-season shakes out.
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- Didn't see much in the way (if any) of the PAP and designed rollouts for TT. BUT, the mobility of both our QB's will help freeze backers provided when they create time they also keep their eyes downfield to take advantage of said time.
- That 3rd & 18 conversion Baker had, while nicely done, is a sack in the regular season against first team defenders.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright. Second viewing he doesn't run high, but looks like some first game jitters. Pressing the hole too fast, not letting his lead setup. Running into Corbett. Sheet like that. So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
- Bakers TD to Njoku......
- The Wheel is this primary. Baker see's the LB sitting over top of it and Chubb isn't really THAT kind of receiving back. Rookie QB comes off that read quickly - GREAT sign.
- Brings his eyes back to the middle where he see's Njoku break his route off.
This was a great example of extending a play. Baker is keeping his feet under him but moving just enough to keep the edge defenders guessing on if he is going to bail. My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright take it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down, then backed out of it the next looking to take Sterling Sheppard away from Eli.
Nothing where I think this team is going to make the playoffs, but I do believe they'll be a far cry from how laughably bad they were last year.
Offense
- Interior Oline didn't look good trying to win leverage, move the line or at least turn their assignment to create a lane. Part of that is due to the fact you're going up against the NFL's best Nose. I would like too see a few zone/stretch runs sprinkled in sometime this pre-season. I'd also like to see a few solid attempts at some creativity in opening lanes like the occasional trap/wham. We'll see how this pre-season shakes out.
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- Didn't see much in the way (if any) of the PAP and designed rollouts for TT. BUT, the mobility of both our QB's will help freeze backers provided when they create time they also keep their eyes downfield to take advantage of said time.
- That 3rd & 18 conversion Baker had, while nicely done, is a sack in the regular season against first team defenders.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright. Second viewing he doesn't run high, but looks like some first game jitters. Pressing the hole too fast, not letting his lead setup. Running into Corbett. Sheet like that. So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
- Bakers TD to Njoku......
- The Wheel is this primary. Baker see's the LB sitting over top of it and Chubb isn't really THAT kind of receiving back. Rookie QB comes off that read quickly - GREAT sign.
- Brings his eyes back to the middle where he see's Njoku break his route off.
This was a great example of extending a play. Baker is keeping his feet under him but moving just enough to keep the edge defenders guessing on if he is going to bail. My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright take it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down, then backed out of it the next looking to take Sterling Sheppard away from Eli.
Nothing where I think this team is going to make the playoffs, but I do believe they'll be a far cry from how laughably bad they were last year.
Nice job with that Tia - thanks! One of the matchups I zeroed in on since Hernandez was the OG we didn't draft - was when Meder lined across from Hernandez. Meder had the winning pad height a few times where he jolted Hernandez backward and won position when the Giants were trying to run the ball. I'll go as far as saying I thought he Meder ragdolled Hernandez at least twice. I'm going to watch it again tonight and adjust/add if necessary.
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
You know PoG came in his pants... ?
-
Offense
- Interior Oline didn't look good trying to win leverage, move the line or at least turn their assignment to create a lane. Part of that is due to the fact you're going up against the NFL's best Nose. I would like too see a few zone/stretch runs sprinkled in sometime this pre-season. I'd also like to see a few solid attempts at some creativity in opening lanes like the occasional trap/wham. We'll see how this pre-season shakes out.
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- Didn't see much in the way (if any) of the PAP and designed rollouts for TT. BUT, the mobility of both our QB's will help freeze backers provided when they create time they also keep their eyes downfield to take advantage of said time.
- That 3rd & 18 conversion Baker had, while nicely done, is a sack in the regular season against first team defenders.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright. Second viewing he doesn't run high, but looks like some first game jitters. Pressing the hole too fast, not letting his lead setup. Running into Corbett. Sheet like that. So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
- Bakers TD to Njoku......
- The Wheel is this primary. Baker see's the LB sitting over top of it and Chubb isn't really THAT kind of receiving back. Rookie QB comes off that read quickly - GREAT sign.
- Brings his eyes back to the middle where he see's Njoku break his route off.
This was a great example of extending a play. Baker is keeping his feet under him but moving just enough to keep the edge defenders guessing on if he is going to bail. My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright take it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down, then backed out of it the next looking to take Sterling Sheppard away from Eli.
Nothing where I think this team is going to make the playoffs, but I do believe they'll be a far cry from how laughably bad they were last year.
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright.
- My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
Nice write up. A couple specific comments/ builds.
- Our QBs actually look like they are getting coaching.
- Yeah... and it starts with his set. Never seen a RB that upright.
- Might have been higher, but I thought the ball was high. Something we never seemed to see last season.
-
Offense
- Interior Oline didn't look good trying to win leverage, move the line or at least turn their assignment to create a lane. Part of that is due to the fact you're going up against the NFL's best Nose. I would like too see a few zone/stretch runs sprinkled in sometime this pre-season. I'd also like to see a few solid attempts at some creativity in opening lanes like the occasional trap/wham. We'll see how this pre-season shakes out.
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- Didn't see much in the way (if any) of the PAP and designed rollouts for TT. BUT, the mobility of both our QB's will help freeze backers provided when they create time they also keep their eyes downfield to take advantage of said time.
- That 3rd & 18 conversion Baker had, while nicely done, is a sack in the regular season against first team defenders.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright. Second viewing he doesn't run high, but looks like some first game jitters. Pressing the hole too fast, not letting his lead setup. Running into Corbett. Sheet like that. So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
- Bakers TD to Njoku......
- The Wheel is this primary. Baker see's the LB sitting over top of it and Chubb isn't really THAT kind of receiving back. Rookie QB comes off that read quickly - GREAT sign.
- Brings his eyes back to the middle where he see's Njoku break his route off.
This was a great example of extending a play. Baker is keeping his feet under him but moving just enough to keep the edge defenders guessing on if he is going to bail. My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright take it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down, then backed out of it the next looking to take Sterling Sheppard away from Eli.
Nothing where I think this team is going to make the playoffs, but I do believe they'll be a far cry from how laughably bad they were last year.
Offense
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
Defense
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down
Good to see some nuts & bolts of ballin again..Awesome Tia.. am hoping your right on Tyrod & Haley.Take some shots and trust that your guys will fight to go get it.Tyrod seems to be working hard to keep up with Haley's mindgame & playbook.1st in,last out. Tyrod maybe tossing the Dez word around hoping he can still go fight for a ball in the air. Big fan of Dayes at NC State. The kid needs a honest chance to make this squad.He's got talent more than a ST'er.. hey, Have ya made it to a camp day yet? seems like the browns are big on bringing in groups, feeding their own tickets?
-
Offense
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that. So TT showing trust early with Hollywood bodes well for this group. His willingness to also give Landry a 1on1 shot against a pretty damn good DB in Janoris was a welcomed sign. Perhaps he'll feel more comfortable with some of these weapons and Haley getting into his ear about attacking DB's in those man looks. You have an OC that likes pushing the ball downfield on top of the quick hitters... early returns are indicating those lessons are heard and applied.
- Speaking of new OC's (called it) Haley LOVES that bunch formation and we went to it often.
- So far Dayes is my #2 back on this team and I'm hoping the coaching staff rolls with Hyde, Dayes, Chubb and Duke as the flex.
Defense
- Interior Dline held up nicely for the 1's and 2's. The Gmen aren't that strong up front but they aren't the worst group either.
- Good job opening blitz lanes on some of the designed calls. The one with Kendricks ( I know it's spelled differently but I'm not bothering to look it up) being the most obvious
- Linebackers flew around laterally and attacked downhill early, rarely missing assignments.
- Nobody in the revamped secondary, including our rookie CB, looked out of place.
- The creativity in showing pressures and getting home with 4 man looks while dropping ends was good to see. Williams not afraid to switch things up and go away from tendencies. Went with a double A gap blitz one 3rd down
Good to see some nuts & bolts of ballin again..Awesome Tia.. am hoping your right on Tyrod & Haley.Take some shots and trust that your guys will fight to go get it.Tyrod seems to be working hard to keep up with Haley's mindgame & playbook.1st in,last out. Tyrod maybe tossing the Dez word around hoping he can still go fight for a ball in the air. Big fan of Dayes at NC State. The kid needs a honest chance to make this squad.He's got talent more than a ST'er.. hey, Have ya made it to a camp day yet? seems like the browns are big on bringing in groups, feeding their own tickets?
Good to see some nuts & bolts of ballin again..Awesome Tia.. am hoping your right on Tyrod & Haley.Take some shots and trust that your guys will fight to go get it.Tyrod seems to be working hard to keep up with Haley's mindgame & playbook.1st in,last out. Tyrod maybe tossing the Dez word around hoping he can still go fight for a ball in the air. Big fan of Dayes at NC State. The kid needs a honest chance to make this squad.He's got talent more than a ST'er.. hey, Have ya made it to a camp day yet? seems like the browns are big on bringing in groups, feeding their own tickets?
Won't be able to make it to camp this year. Settled on dates too late and no tickets are available.
-
- I like the sight adjustments on the backshoulder. Make no mistake a couple of those were just that.
- Like I said earlier, Chubbs initial stance appears way too upright.
- My only beef is ball placement. That ball NEEDS to be higher. I also don't think he saw the corner drop off his initial zone. A good CB will get under that if not outright it. Your TE is 6'5. Put that ball up, young blood.
Nice write up. A couple specific comments/ builds.
- Our QBs actually look like they are getting coaching.
- Yeah... and it starts with his set. Never seen a RB that upright.
- Might have been higher, but I thought the ball was high. Something we never seemed to see last season.
Nice write up. A couple specific comments/ builds.
- Our QBs actually look like they are getting coaching.
Let's not overlook TT either. In reviewing BM these guys note that TT had a perfect QB score for the evening. BM will not take that job away any time soon if he continues like that all season. Both were just so impressive compared to not only last year, but to anyone in week one preseason.
-
Tyrod gets no love ever. He looked great
It's clear why they picked mayfield after seeing all their debuts. Aside from maybe 2 passes, everything else hit guys in the hands. No big mistakes, moved the chains, and made plays when needed.
If Gordon and Landry are on the field together, that's a problem for defenses. Let's hope they can keep it together
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?

I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
Best player in the draft. Baker is pedestrian. To Hoorta................ yeah, Jim Brown ran for a touchdown every play. Idiot
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
Best player in the draft. Baker is pedestrian. To Hoorta................ yeah, Jim Brown ran for a touchdown every play. Idiot
Best player in the draft. Baker is pedestrian. To Hoorta................ yeah, Jim Brown ran for a touchdown every play. Idiot
LOL-did just as predicted, one long run followed by nada.
Got anything more on Lynch other than the near lynching last night? ?
EDIT: And welcome back Tom. How was vacation?
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
Best player in the draft. Baker is pedestrian. To Hoorta................ yeah, Jim Brown ran for a touchdown every play. Idiot
Baker is pedestrian.
That pedestrian had the best first preseason game at QB that we've seen since the team returned. Doesn't mean he'll be great.....but it was a good sign.
...the Giants got the running back. He might end up being good.....but WE needed the QB...and not just ANY QB...the best one. Hopefully, we DID pick the best one.
-
Baker is pedestrian.
That pedestrian had the best first preseason game at QB that we've seen since the team returned. Doesn't mean he'll be great.....but it was a good sign.
...the Giants got the running back. He might end up being good.....but WE needed the QB...and not just ANY QB...the best one. Hopefully, we DID pick the best one.
That pedestrian had the best first preseason game at QB that we've seen since the team returned. Doesn't mean he'll be great.....but it was a good sign.
...the Giants got the running back. He might end up being good.....but WE needed the QB...and not just ANY QB...the best one. Hopefully, we DID pick the best one.
Darnold and mayfield had the best games by far. I'd say Jackson was #3, Allen #4, and the rest were kinda meh
I know it's just one game, but baker looked every bit as good as he did at OU.
-
I wonder how long Pog has been a writer for the NY Post?
Best player in the draft. Baker is pedestrian. To Hoorta................ yeah, Jim Brown ran for a touchdown every play. Idiot
-
Cardinals Oline is going to get Rosen killed.
-
-
-
Cardinals Oline is going to get Rosen killed.
I was watching that game last nite as well. How 'bout those shotgun snaps? Geesh...
His pocket awareness saved him a couple times. And every time he was given a decent snap, he seemed to cash it... problem was there weren't too many of them.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login