Survival
-
And we're back:
Two Strike League ... My Week One Pick is locked and loaded.
Zombo said:
And we're back:
Two Strike League ... My Week One Pick is locked and loaded.
in and I ain't tellin..bump
-
-
As long as Hue is coaching. All you have to do is pick against the Browns.
That worked very well in the past......but WHOA NELLIE we might have a new football attitude on the field in 2018.
........at least we all hope so, week 1 might be very interesting.
-
As long as Hue is coaching. All you have to do is pick against the Browns.
That worked very well in the past......but WHOA NELLIE we might have a new football attitude on the field in 2018.
........at least we all hope so, week 1 might be very interesting.
-
NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE
2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers
2011 RunninUover
2012 D Bone
2013 Jrb12711
2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon
2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown
2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon
For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.
But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?
That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn ass is never changing my Week One Pick.
Zombo
-
NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE
2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers
2011 RunninUover
2012 D Bone
2013 Jrb12711
2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon
2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown
2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon
For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.
But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?
That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn ass is never changing my Week One Pick.
Zombo
Zombo said:
NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE
2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers
2011 RunninUover
2012 D Bone
2013 Jrb12711
2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon
2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown
2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon
For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.
But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?
That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn butt is never changing my Week One Pick.
Zombo
I think first 3-4 weeks of the season can go any way, as every year there are surprises.
But I'd rather bet on a more "established" team.
-
NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE
2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers
2011 RunninUover
2012 D Bone
2013 Jrb12711
2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon
2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown
2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon
For the 8th straight year I will survive the Thursday Night game and eat the finest meats and cheeses for three nights.
But will I take my first strike on Week One for the 8th straight year?
That's up to the Browns ... My stubborn ass is never changing my Week One Pick.
Zombo
Zombo said:
NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE
2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers
2011 RunninUover
2012 D Bone
2013 Jrb12711
2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon
2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown
2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon
Time for me to hang another one in the rafters.......
-
Zombo said:
Wow , the three of us bold enough, and loyal enough, to take the Browns get elimated with a ... tie.
We did not survive?
Many more go down with the Saints:
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
-
-
Zombo said:
Wow , the three of us bold enough, and loyal enough, to take the Browns get elimated with a ... tie.
We did not survive?
Many more go down with the Saints:
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
Rules are simple enough Gipper. Each week, you pick the team you think is going to win- straight up. (looks like a tie counts as a loss) Two wrong guesses, and you're out. You can only use a team once during the season, otherwise guys would be picking the Patriots almost every week. It resets for the playoffs.
I spectacularly made it all the way to the Super Bowl a few years ago and lost on point differential picking the team the Browns were playing every week. (I could only use the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals once)
Hence The Curmudgeon. As Tour said- you play to win, though the Browns made it pretty easy that year.
I said earlier- I won't pull that stunt this year, though I'm off to a good start, had the Vikings over the 49ers.
-
Zombo said:
Wow , the three of us bold enough, and loyal enough, to take the Browns get elimated with a ... tie.
We did not survive?
Many more go down with the Saints:
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
Gip, this is all there is to do it.
1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.
2Pick one team to win. Easy, right? <----- and yes your team has to WIN not lose or tie
3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).
-
Is anyone left? And maybe the rules of this game should be such that a tie does not get you aufed. And what about anyone that took the Steelers? Are they aufed as well?
I have not participated in this, sorry, because I am not familiar with how it works. Maybe next year I will join in...after I learn how it works.
Gip, this is all there is to do it.
1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.
2Pick one team to win. Easy, right? <----- and yes your team has to WIN not lose or tie
3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).
Gip, this is all there is to do it.
1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.
2Pick one team to win. Easy, right?
3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).
so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out? Permanently? Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?
How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?
Edit: based on what Hoorta said, no one is out yet.....but all those listed in Z's post now have 1 strike? And 2 and you are out?
-
Gip, this is all there is to do it.
1When the game opens, create or join a Private Group.
2Pick one team to win. Easy, right?
3Get it right and advance to the next week. Get it wrong and you're out (or play with strikes for a second-chance).
so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out? Permanently? Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?
How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?
Edit: based on what Hoorta said, no one is out yet.....but all those listed in Z's post now have 1 strike? And 2 and you are out?
so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out? Permanently? Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?
How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?
That's correct. If there are strikes you get another chance -and- there are 14 of 26 with NO strikes right now, New Orleans and Cleveland whacked a lot of people.
-
so, you pick one game per week, and if the team you pick loses, you are out? Permanently? Unless it is like a double elimination tournament?
How many players started in your group....and now how many are out?
That's correct. If there are strikes you get another chance -and- there are 14 of 26 with NO strikes right now, New Orleans and Cleveland whacked a lot of people.
-
A new attitude is great. But having the worst coach in NFL history will beat that
We all said that about Belichick.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
