Skip to content

Does preseason mean anything?

The Browns Board
33 20 686
  • Preseason or not our first team squared off against the world champs and embarrassed them. It was a fun damn night. 

  • pre season games are a joke a glorified scrimmage none of the starters should play more than a series or two for the entire thing But there are some who believe you should be playing it like you were in the fuking super bowl even if it means injury to your starting qb or other key players on the team

  • Yes, the preseason means something!

    Sincerely, 

    The 0-16 Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions, who both went 4-0 in the preseason 

  • Preseason or not our first team squared off against the world champs and embarrassed them. It was a fun damn night. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Preseason or not our first team squared off against the world champs and embarrassed them. It was a fun damn night. 

    They were practicing.  

  • means 4 vanilla crapfest games to determine if you are worthy of a brown stripe on your bright shiny orange Helmet..weeks away from Go Buckeyes!! (they get a sticker too)

  • means 4 vanilla crapfest games to determine if you are worthy of a brown stripe on your bright shiny orange Helmet..weeks away from Go Buckeyes!! (they get a sticker too)

    @gumby73 said:

    ...... on your bright shiny orange Helmet..

    .... or your dull, matte one. 😉 

  • Yes, the preseason means something!

    Sincerely, 

    The 0-16 Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions, who both went 4-0 in the preseason 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yes, the preseason means something!

    Sincerely, 

    The 0-16 Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions, who both went 4-0 in the preseason 

    I didn’t comment on it relevant to the W or L. I commented specific to how we performed in the 1st half starters vs. starters. The performance is relevant to assessing progress. 

  • When or if they actually put it all together, they're gonna look pretty damn good. 

    We'll find out in a few weeks how long it takes

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yes, the preseason means something!

    Sincerely, 

    The 0-16 Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions, who both went 4-0 in the preseason 

    I didn’t comment on it relevant to the W or L. I commented specific to how we performed in the 1st half starters vs. starters. The performance is relevant to assessing progress. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I didn’t comment on it relevant to the W or L. I commented specific to how we performed in the 1st half starters vs. starters. The performance is relevant to assessing progress. 

    The original question "does preseason mean anything" hell yes it does......if you put it in the right context.

    For the newbie players trying to make a team anywhere the ramifications of making it or joining the regular working world can be HUGE.

    For the oldies they are trying to just hang on to the best paying job they'll ever have.....injuries or not.

    For the fans who the hell knows, many are just nuts....just look around you. 😆

    For the teams or coaches now more than ever a big eh on records, it's about filling spots. W/L again eh?

    Now for the facts, just going STRAIGHT UP not the spreads here are the facts, just look.......

    Outcomes of preseason games rarely have anything to do with the talent on the respective teams, since the majority of the games are played by second-, third- and fourth-stringers. 

    Some coaches care about winning preseason games, while others do not. Thus, betting on coaches with great preseason records is an easy way to make money. 

    Here are recent preseason records for every coach in the NFL. Keep in mind that these records are STRAIGHT UP; not against the spread. The reason for this is because most preseason spreads are close to three, meaning the winner usually covers. 

    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/betting_PRE.php#ixzz5PBA3eK9Q

    Team
    Coach
    Record
    2003
    2004
    2005
    2006
    2007
    2008
    2009
    2010
    2011
    2012
    2013
    2014
    2015
    2016
    2017
    2018
    ARZ
    Steve Wilks
    2-0
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-0
    ATL
    Dan Quinn
    5-9
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    3-1
    0-4
    0-2
    BAL
    John Harbaugh
    31-12
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    4-0
    3-1
    3-1
    2-2
    2-2
    4-0
    1-3
    4-0
    4-0
    3-0
    BUF
    Sean McDermott
    2-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    1-1
    CAR
    Ron Rivera
    17-13
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    2-2
    3-1
    2-2
    3-1
    2-2
    2-2
    2-0
    CHI
    Matt Nagy
    1-2
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-2
    CIN
    Marvin Lewis
    32-31
    1-3
    2-2
    2-2
    4-0
    1-3
    2-2
    2-2
    3-2
    1-3
    2-2
    3-1
    2-2
    3-1
    1-3
    1-3
    2-0
    CLE
    Hue Jackson
    5-9
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    0-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    0-4
    4-0
    1-1
    DAL
    Jason Garrett
    12-19
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    3-1
    2-3
    0-4
    1-3
    1-3
    3-1
    0-2
    DEN
    Vance Joseph
    4-2
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    4-0
    0-2
    DET
    Matt Patricia
    0-2
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    0-2
    GB
    Mike McCarthy
    28-21
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    2-2
    1-3
    3-1
    2-2
    3-1
    2-2
    1-3
    3-1
    2-2
    3-1
    3-1
    2-0
    HOU
    Bill O'Brien
    11-6
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    2-2
    4-0
    1-2
    2-0
    IND
    Frank Reich
    1-1
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-1
    JAX
    Doug Marrone
    6-9
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    1-4
    X
    X
    2-2
    1-1
    KC
    Andy Reid
    37-41
    2-2
    1-3
    2-2
    2-3
    1-3
    2-2
    1-3
    2-2
    3-1
    4-0
    2-2
    1-3
    4-0
    2-2
    2-2
    1-1
    LAC
    Anthony Lynn
    2-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    1-1
    LAR
    Sean McVay
    3-3
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    1-1
    MIA
    Adam Gase
    4-6
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    2-2
    0-2
    MIN
    Mike Zimmer
    15-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    4-0
    4-1
    4-0
    2-2
    1-1
    NE
    Bill Belichick
    42-34*
    4-0
    1-3
    2-2
    2-2
    2-2
    0-4
    3-1
    2-2
    2-2
    1-3
    3-1
    2-2
    2-2
    3-1
    1-3
    2-0
    NO
    Sean Payton
    24-28
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    3-2
    2-2
    3-1
    2-2
    2-2
    2-3*
    3-1
    3-1
    0-4
    0-4
    2-2
    1-1
    NYG
    Pat Shurmur
    4-6
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    2-2
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-1
    NYJ
    Todd Bowles
    7-7
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    3-1
    1-3
    2-2
    1-1
    OAK
    Jon Gruden
    31-17
    4-1
    3-1
    2-2
    1-3
    3-1
    3-1
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-1
    PHI
    Doug Pederson
    6-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    4-0
    2-2
    0-2
    PIT
    Mike Tomlin
    26-22
    X
    X
    X
    X
    4-1
    3-1
    3-1
    3-1
    3-1
    3-1
    0-4
    1-3
    1-4
    1-3
    3-1
    1-1
    SEA
    Pete Carroll
    22-12
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    1-3
    2-2
    4-0
    4-0
    2-2
    2-2
    3-1
    4-0
    0-2
    SF
    Kyle Shanahan
    3-3
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    1-1
    TB
    Dirk Koetter
    5-4
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    2-2
    1-3
    2-0
    TEN
    Mike Vrabel
    0-2
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    0-2
    WAS
    Jay Gruden
    12-6
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    3-1
    3-1
    3-1
    2-2
    1-1
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

    * - Bill Belichick's record does not include Cleveland. 
    * - Jeff Fisher's record does not include Houston. 


    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/betting_PRE.php#ixzz5PBBLgz7q

    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/betting_PRE.php#ixzz5PBAqUoXM

  • The preseason games mean one thing, and one thing only:    additional revenue for the owners.

  • When Myles Garrett said shutting out the Eagles means something, you see, it doesn't matter what the analytics say about preseason. What matters is that something in his performance against the Eagles made him proud, gave him confidence, gave him a dose of self-realization. He is one beaming Zumba instructor, but he isn't beaming from Sockiness. This, to me, is a growth moment for the kid. Yeah, he is proud of his performance, but a part of his spunk is that he sees what his perfomance can mean in a few weeks. 

    I believe we produce in life largely based on our confidence level and belief in ourselves. Surely, talent could not have been the missing ingredient over the past 18 years with this team. 18 years and our talent all sucked? I don't buy it.

    Some schidt has changed with this team. I first noticed it when I saw the player reaction to Jarvis making a 1-handed catch on Hard Knocks. Yeah, plenty of people do that. But again, the meaning of it only applies to those witnessing it. When people are around excellence and excitement, it is natural for them to get off their own axx, and want to grab their part of it. You can bark at a guy all day long and not get any reaction out of him. However, when he sees and hears the reactions of those witnessing a great play, the natural tendency, in all of us, is that we want to be a part of that excitement.

    Whether this is something new for the Browns, or if it is routine and I just have not been able to watch since I am in sports schidtown, I don't know. Maybe it was this way in past years, I don't know. HOWEVER............what I can tell you is that this is the first time that I have got caught up in the possibilities. his is the first season when things that matter to a guy like Garrett matter to me.

    What a gas it would be to see the Browns beat the schidt out of the Raiders in my soon to be home,,,in Vegas. If things keep rolling along, I fly you all out and get you all drunk one day.

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    @ghoolie said:

    When Myles Garrett said shutting out the Eagles means something, you see, it doesn't matter what the analytics say about preseason. What matters is that something in his performance against the Eagles made him proud, gave him confidence, gave him a dose of self-realization. He is one beaming Zumba instructor, but he isn't beaming from Sockiness. This, to me, is a growth moment for the kid. Yeah, he is proud of his performance, but a part of his spunk is that he sees what his perfomance can mean in a few weeks. 

    I believe we produce in life largely based on our confidence level and belief in ourselves. Surely, talent could not have been the missing ingredient over the past 18 years with this team. 18 years and our talent all sucked? I don't buy it.

    Some schidt has changed with this team. I first noticed it when I saw the player reaction to Jarvis making a 1-handed catch on Hard Knocks. Yeah, plenty of people do that. But again, the meaning of it only applies to those witnessing it. When people are around excellence and excitement, it is natural for them to get off their own axx, and want to grab their part of it. You can bark at a guy all day long and not get any reaction out of him. However, when he sees and hears the reactions of those witnessing a great play, the natural tendency, in all of us, is that we want to be a part of that excitement.

    Whether this is something new for the Browns, or if it is routine and I just have not been able to watch since I am in sports schidtown, I don't know. Maybe it was this way in past years, I don't know. HOWEVER............what I can tell you is that this is the first time that I have got caught up in the possibilities. his is the first season when things that matter to a guy like Garrett matter to me.

    What a gas it would be to see the Browns beat the schidt out of the Raiders in my soon to be home,,,in Vegas. If things keep rolling along, I fly you all out and get you all drunk one day.

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    Preseason does mean something in a different sort of way.... but only to the browns.

    An 0-16 team has something to prove to themselves so they will always go all out to win.

    They don't have the luxury not to give a fuk, nor does it even enter their mind.

    The rest of the NFL as it relates to pre-season?....Todd Gurley said it best when asked how he felt by not playing in the preseason  "that's what every player wishes for"

  • When Myles Garrett said shutting out the Eagles means something, you see, it doesn't matter what the analytics say about preseason. What matters is that something in his performance against the Eagles made him proud, gave him confidence, gave him a dose of self-realization. He is one beaming Zumba instructor, but he isn't beaming from Sockiness. This, to me, is a growth moment for the kid. Yeah, he is proud of his performance, but a part of his spunk is that he sees what his perfomance can mean in a few weeks. 

    I believe we produce in life largely based on our confidence level and belief in ourselves. Surely, talent could not have been the missing ingredient over the past 18 years with this team. 18 years and our talent all sucked? I don't buy it.

    Some schidt has changed with this team. I first noticed it when I saw the player reaction to Jarvis making a 1-handed catch on Hard Knocks. Yeah, plenty of people do that. But again, the meaning of it only applies to those witnessing it. When people are around excellence and excitement, it is natural for them to get off their own axx, and want to grab their part of it. You can bark at a guy all day long and not get any reaction out of him. However, when he sees and hears the reactions of those witnessing a great play, the natural tendency, in all of us, is that we want to be a part of that excitement.

    Whether this is something new for the Browns, or if it is routine and I just have not been able to watch since I am in sports schidtown, I don't know. Maybe it was this way in past years, I don't know. HOWEVER............what I can tell you is that this is the first time that I have got caught up in the possibilities. his is the first season when things that matter to a guy like Garrett matter to me.

    What a gas it would be to see the Browns beat the schidt out of the Raiders in my soon to be home,,,in Vegas. If things keep rolling along, I fly you all out and get you all drunk one day.

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    @ghoolie said:

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    The Browns looked like a different team from last year and that is what they are. They need to stay the course and that will result in winning games.

    I am seeing a degree of confidence and dare I say, "swagger," that I have not seen for a while.

    I don't watch the games live, so I already knew the score when I noticed that CLE had the ball, First and Goal at the One, so I said, "How are they gonna screw this one up?"  Yeh, same-ole-same-ole - - - at least for that series.

    Best of luck and happiness in your new Vegas home, to Ghoolie and the Raiders.  Yeh, I'm no Raiders fan, but I saw Al Davis move that team 1,000 times to try to get a decent stadium, and now after about 60 years of playing in bad and terrible stadiums, they will have finally play in a palace.

  • The preseason games mean one thing, and one thing only:    additional revenue for the owners.

    @the-gipper said:

    The preseason games mean one thing, and one thing only:    additional revenue for the owners.

    Gip- the owners really don't get that much additional revenue from preseason. It is a chance to separate the wheat (Avery) from the chaff (Coleman). 

  • @the-gipper said:

    The preseason games mean one thing, and one thing only:    additional revenue for the owners.

    Gip- the owners really don't get that much additional revenue from preseason. It is a chance to separate the wheat (Avery) from the chaff (Coleman). 

    @hoorta said:

    Gip- the owners really don't get that much additional revenue from preseason. It is a chance to separate the wheat (Avery) from the chaff (Coleman). 

    Plus you can get ready for week 1, just hitting each other in camp doesn't do it. 

    They've kicked around maybe 3 weeks but at least it's not 6 any more!

  • Myles Garrett doesn't look like a human-being. I watched him before the game when he was practicing his "get off" and I've literally never seen such speed. Ironically, Myles' speed hasn't been his best asset, rather his power is what has been giving everyone fits. Myles' patented "bend super low and scream around the corner" move looks nice, but it seems very easy to avoid, as we've seen countless QBs simply step up to avoid pressure and fire the ball down the field to an open guy who invariably defeated our meager secondary. 

    Fast forward to now, and Myles isn't using that speed move nearly as much (in very limited action so far). No, instead we've seen Myles utilizing his near mythical power to immediately march his lineman back to the QB and disrupting the pocket. I mean, a couple times Myles just completely blew his guy up against the Eagles. Now, I'm pumping the brakes a little bit because this occurred against a backup (a stout, experienced backup, but still a backup), so it's one thing to accomplish this against him, and another to do it against Taylor Lewan. 

    Still, it was one of the most impressive preseason performances I can think of by a Browns player, and it bothered the OL immensely, even prompting him to tell the media, "I got my butt whipped." That's not something these guys are used to saying btw. Don't get me wrong, Myles still employed the speed-edge move a few times, and I believe it lead to a sack because it chased the QB off his spot and Ogunjobi finished it off. 

    There will be many QBs we face that are much more mobile and able to make plays in and out of the pocket. Myles getting pressure is great, but it won't matter nearly as much unless we get pressure from the other side. This was one of the reasons many fans were so enamored with the idea of drafting Bradley Chubb. We get pressure from both sides, and QB has virtually no way out. This was on full display all too often last year when Myles would force the QB out, only to have him easily roll out and fire the ball to an open dude. It was especially evident after Ogbah broke his foot. When we drafted Denzel Ward, we placed a very large wager on Ogbah. Many analysts and fans were astounded that Chubb fell to us, and it seemed like a natural choice to take him and pair him up opposite Garrett. 

    Obviously, we elected not to go that route, and instead took the best CB in Ward. There's no denying our dire need for an upgraded secondary, but the selection was still seen as a bit of a reach. As we now know, we didn't have any willing trade offers, at least any that suited our wishes, so we stayed put and were able to take our top QB and our top NON-QB. How many times has a team been able to do THAT? Ward looks to be a very solid pick early on, but I really worry about his durability. Regardless, we need to hope that both he and Ogbah can remain healthy in order for our plan to work out, and that's asking a lot because people get injured ALL the time in the NFL. Still, every team needs a little luck, and maybe we'll manage to find OURS for a change. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    Preseason or not our first team squared off against the world champs and embarrassed them. It was a fun damn night. 

    They were practicing.  

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They were practicing.  

    True, but if the Eagles took it to us, the press would be talking about how great they looked (even in preseason).  The only thing I can say is continue dominating and see where it takes us.  Last year, we won all of our preason games, but we did not have even close to the same level of talent.  And against the teams starters, we got dominated.  We had to come back and win in the 3rd and 4th quarters.  This year, we more than held our own in the quarters that counts.  I'm not saying that we win so many games, but we will be much improved. 

  • When Myles Garrett said shutting out the Eagles means something, you see, it doesn't matter what the analytics say about preseason. What matters is that something in his performance against the Eagles made him proud, gave him confidence, gave him a dose of self-realization. He is one beaming Zumba instructor, but he isn't beaming from Sockiness. This, to me, is a growth moment for the kid. Yeah, he is proud of his performance, but a part of his spunk is that he sees what his perfomance can mean in a few weeks. 

    I believe we produce in life largely based on our confidence level and belief in ourselves. Surely, talent could not have been the missing ingredient over the past 18 years with this team. 18 years and our talent all sucked? I don't buy it.

    Some schidt has changed with this team. I first noticed it when I saw the player reaction to Jarvis making a 1-handed catch on Hard Knocks. Yeah, plenty of people do that. But again, the meaning of it only applies to those witnessing it. When people are around excellence and excitement, it is natural for them to get off their own axx, and want to grab their part of it. You can bark at a guy all day long and not get any reaction out of him. However, when he sees and hears the reactions of those witnessing a great play, the natural tendency, in all of us, is that we want to be a part of that excitement.

    Whether this is something new for the Browns, or if it is routine and I just have not been able to watch since I am in sports schidtown, I don't know. Maybe it was this way in past years, I don't know. HOWEVER............what I can tell you is that this is the first time that I have got caught up in the possibilities. his is the first season when things that matter to a guy like Garrett matter to me.

    What a gas it would be to see the Browns beat the schidt out of the Raiders in my soon to be home,,,in Vegas. If things keep rolling along, I fly you all out and get you all drunk one day.

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    @ghoolie said:

    What a gas it would be to see the Browns beat the schidt out of the Raiders in my soon to be home,,,in Vegas. If things keep rolling along, I fly you all out and get you all drunk one day.

    Go Browns. I think perhaps we have finally arrived. I sure hope so.

    And don't forget the Steelers to open the season.  Winning this game means everything to the Browns.  Confidence, Swagger, and the belief that we can go as far as we want to.  

  • Myles Garrett doesn't look like a human-being. I watched him before the game when he was practicing his "get off" and I've literally never seen such speed. Ironically, Myles' speed hasn't been his best asset, rather his power is what has been giving everyone fits. Myles' patented "bend super low and scream around the corner" move looks nice, but it seems very easy to avoid, as we've seen countless QBs simply step up to avoid pressure and fire the ball down the field to an open guy who invariably defeated our meager secondary. 

    Fast forward to now, and Myles isn't using that speed move nearly as much (in very limited action so far). No, instead we've seen Myles utilizing his near mythical power to immediately march his lineman back to the QB and disrupting the pocket. I mean, a couple times Myles just completely blew his guy up against the Eagles. Now, I'm pumping the brakes a little bit because this occurred against a backup (a stout, experienced backup, but still a backup), so it's one thing to accomplish this against him, and another to do it against Taylor Lewan. 

    Still, it was one of the most impressive preseason performances I can think of by a Browns player, and it bothered the OL immensely, even prompting him to tell the media, "I got my butt whipped." That's not something these guys are used to saying btw. Don't get me wrong, Myles still employed the speed-edge move a few times, and I believe it lead to a sack because it chased the QB off his spot and Ogunjobi finished it off. 

    There will be many QBs we face that are much more mobile and able to make plays in and out of the pocket. Myles getting pressure is great, but it won't matter nearly as much unless we get pressure from the other side. This was one of the reasons many fans were so enamored with the idea of drafting Bradley Chubb. We get pressure from both sides, and QB has virtually no way out. This was on full display all too often last year when Myles would force the QB out, only to have him easily roll out and fire the ball to an open dude. It was especially evident after Ogbah broke his foot. When we drafted Denzel Ward, we placed a very large wager on Ogbah. Many analysts and fans were astounded that Chubb fell to us, and it seemed like a natural choice to take him and pair him up opposite Garrett. 

    Obviously, we elected not to go that route, and instead took the best CB in Ward. There's no denying our dire need for an upgraded secondary, but the selection was still seen as a bit of a reach. As we now know, we didn't have any willing trade offers, at least any that suited our wishes, so we stayed put and were able to take our top QB and our top NON-QB. How many times has a team been able to do THAT? Ward looks to be a very solid pick early on, but I really worry about his durability. Regardless, we need to hope that both he and Ogbah can remain healthy in order for our plan to work out, and that's asking a lot because people get injured ALL the time in the NFL. Still, every team needs a little luck, and maybe we'll manage to find OURS for a change. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    When we drafted Denzel Ward, we placed a very large wager on Ogbah. Many analysts and fans were astounded that Chubb fell to us, and it seemed like a natural choice to take him and pair him up opposite Garrett. 

    Obviously, we elected not to go that route, and instead took the best CB in Ward. There's no denying our dire need for an upgraded secondary, but the selection was still seen as a bit of a reach. As we now know, we didn't have any willing trade offers, at least any that suited our wishes, so we stayed put and were able to take our top QB and our top NON-QB. How many times has a team been able to do THAT? Ward looks to be a very solid pick early on, but I really worry about his durability. Regardless, we need to hope that both he and Ogbah can remain healthy in order for our plan to work out, and that's asking a lot because people get injured ALL the time in the NFL. Still, every team needs a little luck, and maybe we'll manage to find OURS for a change. 

    FWIW Jigs, Gregg Williams said he found 28 plays last year where Garrett was within 1-1.5 steps from a sack where if they could have covered WRs that much longer he would have shattered the NFL record for sacks in the 11 games or so he appeared in.  Keep in mind what this step translates to in length of time.  We're talking a tenth of a second or 2.

    The Rent-A-Wreck corners we were counting on weren't giving us those extra tenths of a second so there was far more rationale behind the decision to take our pick of corner.   You still have to remember there's WRs like Antonio Brown and AJ Green and Michael Crabtree in this division.  Last opener we held Bell to about 3 yards a carry - AB delivered a game long knockout blow with over 180 yards receiving and countless backbreaking receptions to extend drives.   There's QBs at this level that can render outside pass rushes meaningless with quick throw precision all game long especially if they're facing the type of secondary we fielded all last season.  When Williams replied "Because Chubb can't cover anyone"  it wasn't long after he made his comments about the 28 plays that could have been Myles Garrett sacks if we could just cover someone/anyone a little longer.  And again, that means a tenth of a second or 2 longer. 

  • Some of you have gotten off the path. Sometimes I assume far greater intellect than this board is capable of. Please forgive me for over-estimating you jackoffs.

    Let me explain what this post is about...................... it is NOT a call to analyze Pre Season.................you idiots. Instead, it has to do with where, when and how a man comes to self-realization.  It was meant as a conversation about how sometimes the smallest, seemingly insignificant moments can change the course of a man's future, and in this case, the Browns team.

    The comment I made was that Myles Garrett. a guy I have placed a high, high bar to get back into my good graces, did something I thought we should take note of. He felt a sense of accomplishment. But to my assessment, not a bold, selfish one in which the guy seemed to say to himself........................ Hey, if I sacked the champs, there is no reason we can't do this all the time, no matter who we play.

    Instead of you idiots focusing on what this moment might have meant to Myles and the momentum of the team,  many of you instead, like sheep, went on yet another mindless journey of analytical mental masturbation, this one, picking apart what the Pre Season is all about.

    You guys really are incapable of comprehending anything that is not simplistic and like Grranimals color-coded kids clothing, spelled out for you simplistically. aren't you?

    Idiots.